The CLCRAA (Southern Region Endorsement Status)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:40:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The CLCRAA (Southern Region Endorsement Status)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The CLCRAA (Southern Region Endorsement Status)  (Read 1700 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2018, 12:27:27 AM »
« edited: January 18, 2018, 09:01:15 PM by Joe Sestak 2020 »

The CLCRAA is an interest group with the goal of furthering civil liberties and civil rights, promoting candidates who espouse civil libertarian values, and holding elected officials accountable on civil liberties and civil rights issues.

The CLCRAA will be endorsing candidates in select races who are seen as the strongest defenders of civil liberties in their fields. We will also be tracking the votes of federal and state elected officials (starting now, so unless a substantial anti-civil liberties record is brought to our attention, past votes will not be nearly as strictly scrutinized) and assigning grades based on their votes on various civil liberties issues.

The organization will also be offering several pledges which candidates can sign, affirming their commitment to defend various civil liberties (for instance, their will be a pledge for LGBT rights, a pledge for secularism/freedom of religion, a pledge for Second Amendment/AIS7 rights, etc.). The number of pledges signed by a candidate, along with their platform and past votes, will be used as criteria for endorsements. Winning candidates who regene on their pledges and vote to infringe on civil liberties will be called out as lying to their voters.

Also, an important note: an endorsement from this organization in no way implies an endorsement from its chair.

- jk2020, Chair, Civil Liberties and Civil Rights Association of Atlasia
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 12:31:16 AM »

I like this.
DFL

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 12:33:05 AM »

First of all, thank you for creating an organization dedicated to promoting and preserving the rights of our citizens.

Second, I'm very interested in joining, but have to ask this:

If I am a strong supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, but at the same time advocate for greater gun control, would I still be endorsed by this organization? I guess to simplify it -- do I need to fall 100% in line with this organization's platform to be a member?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:33:37 AM »

I like this as well!

Excited to see what the future looks like in Atlasian politics with this!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 12:36:59 AM »

This is an excellent idea.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 12:41:48 AM »

The CLCRAA is an interest group with the goal of furthering civil liberties and civil rights, promoting candidates who espouse civil libertarian values, and holding elected officials accountable on civil liberties and civil rights issues.

The CLCRAA will be endorsing candidates in select races who are seen as the strongest defenders of civil liberties in their fields. We will also be tracking the votes of federal and state elected officials (starting now, so unless a substantial anti-civil liberties record is brought to our attention, past votes will not be nearly as strictly scrutinized) and assigning grades based on their votes on various civil liberties issues.

The organization will also be offering several pledges which candidates can sign, affirming their commitment to defend various civil liberties (for instance, their will be a pledge for LGBT rights, a pledge for secularism/freedom of religion, a pledge for Second Amendment/AIS7 rights, etc.). The number of pledges signed by a candidate, along with their platform and past votes, will be used as criteria for endorsements. Winning candidates who regene on their pledges and vote to infringe on civil liberties will be called out as lying to their voters.

Also, an important note: an endorsement from this organization in no way implies an endorsement from its chair.

- jk2020, Chair, Civil Liberties and Civil Rights Association of Atlasia
Sounds good I look forward to signing some of these pledges.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 12:46:02 AM »

Sounds awesome!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 01:15:18 AM »

First of all, thank you for creating an organization dedicated to promoting and preserving the rights of our citizens.

If I am a strong supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, but at the same time advocate for greater gun control, would I still be endorsed by this organization? I guess to simplify it -- do I need to fall 100% in line with this organization's platform to be a member?

Was planning to address this when the pledges were released, but I might as well do it now.

The CLCRAA does not require that a candidate agree with every pledge in order to secure an endorsement. For instance, a more left-wing candidate who opposes the Second Amendment/AIS7 pledge or a more right-wing candidate who opposes the abortion rights pledge will still be eligible for endorsement, if they are seen as general proponents of civil liberties. Of course, if a candidate centers their campaign primarily around the single issue of stringent gun control, then the CLCRAA may not endorse them even if they passively agree with most of the other pledges, but in the case of most campaigns, this will not be the case.

On the point of membership, I am not yet sure exactly what the membership requirements will be, but I do know two things:

1. Membership and endorsement will be separate, though membership will definitely help toward gaining an endorsement.

2. In order to keep our organization separate from the government, no serving elected or appointed official will be allowed to be a member. If a member is elected or appointed to a government position, they will become honorary members of the organization through the course of their tenure. In addition, candidates currently running for office will also not be allowed to become members (though they still can of course secure an endorsement). To retain one's membership into a campaign, you must have been a member from at least the previous cycle; the CLCRAA is primarily a citizens' organization.

Also, the Chair will not be allowed to run for office at all (the CLCRAA is not a party, and the chair will have most of the direct discretion over endorsements). If I seek to run for office, I must first resign from the chair and appoint a successor pending confirmation from a majority of members (this will probably be replaced by a regular election of the chair, however, as membership is likely to grow slowly due to the stringent requirements, this will not happen until the organization membership becomes more stable).

-jk2020, Chair, Civil Liberties and Civil Rights Association of Atlasia
DFL

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 01:17:50 AM »

Perfect, thank you for the detailed reply! I look very much forward to having the CLCRAA a part of Atlasia!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 02:10:15 AM »

Freedom Organization
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 02:23:39 AM »

Was planning to address this when the pledges were released, but I might as well do it now.

The CLCRAA does not require that a candidate agree with every pledge in order to secure an endorsement. For instance, a more left-wing candidate who opposes the Second Amendment/AIS7 pledge or a more right-wing candidate who opposes the abortion rights pledge will still be eligible for endorsement, if they are seen as general proponents of civil liberties. Of course, if a candidate centers their campaign primarily around the single issue of stringent gun control, then the CLCRAA may not endorse them even if they passively agree with most of the other pledges, but in the case of most campaigns, this will not be the case.

On the point of membership, I am not yet sure exactly what the membership requirements will be, but I do know two things:

1. Membership and endorsement will be separate, though membership will definitely help toward gaining an endorsement.

2. In order to keep our organization separate from the government, no serving elected or appointed official will be allowed to be a member. If a member is elected or appointed to a government position, they will become honorary members of the organization through the course of their tenure. In addition, candidates currently running for office will also not be allowed to become members (though they still can of course secure an endorsement). To retain one's membership into a campaign, you must have been a member from at least the previous cycle; the CLCRAA is primarily a citizens' organization.

Also, the Chair will not be allowed to run for office at all (the CLCRAA is not a party, and the chair will have most of the direct discretion over endorsements). If I seek to run for office, I must first resign from the chair and appoint a successor pending confirmation from a majority of members (this will probably be replaced by a regular election of the chair, however, as membership is likely to grow slowly due to the stringent requirements, this will not happen until the organization membership becomes more stable).

While I don’t agree with everything put up and I will not sign some of those I look forward to signing a pledge to defend gun rights and our civil liberties.
 Excessive posting
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 03:49:55 AM »

Massive FF organization.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 07:25:48 AM »

Endorsed.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »

The pledges are going to be up soon, likely on a separate thread. In addition to listing all pledges, the thread opener will also list the candidates signing each pledge, however, only signed pledges within that same thread will be counted. You may copy your signed pledges into your own campaign posts, however, these on their own will not be counted.

Also, as for the officeholder scoring: We hope to release our first scores by the end of the month. Scores will likely only reflect the current term. Scores will be given as letter grades (A+, A, etc. all the way through F+, F, and Robespierre). A score of C will be used as the 'baseline' where each official starts. Campaign platforms and pledge signings will affect this score, however, votes will far and away be the primary factor.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 06:26:22 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »

The following are the CLCRAA Liberty Scores for the South's elected officials:

Governor: dfwlibertylover: A-

Chamber of Delegates

Speaker: Mr. Reactionary: A+
Deputy Speaker: TimTurner: B+
BlueDogDemocrat: C-
Celtic Empire: B+
DTC: C-
IceAgeComing: D+
Lechasseur: A-
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 07:29:25 PM »

I like it. FF
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 07:34:06 PM »

What time period does these ratings cover?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 07:39:27 PM »

Previous term (Winter 2017-18)
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »

Ah Ok. Makes sense.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »

But aren't you the only member of this organization?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 08:23:54 PM »

But aren't you the only member of this organization?

As of now, yes, but I do them independently.

For instance, if there's a candidate who is very civil libertarian, but who I disagree with heavily on fiscal policy, I might have the org endorse them but not do it personally.

(Also I'm going to open up membership by the end of January)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies