People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Strongly Disagree

Disagree

Agree

Strongly Agree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce?  (Read 14825 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:41:28 PM »

If it's something like AIDS then I would probably say yes.  I'm not sure about the question in general.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 04:15:44 PM »

You're correct in saying it's not fair on that child, because it's not fair in the slightest.  But like I said, natural selection will eventually put a stop to that particular bloodline's continuation.

Except in areas such as Africa where people actually have to be capable of surviving to survive, natural selection does not really occur in the human race anymore.

I would completely agree.  At our techinological level, genetic diseases won't disapear natural.  As far as the ones that are life threatening and could cause the potentional offspring to die young anyway, I would think it better to prevent that from happening.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies