People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Strongly Disagree

Disagree

Agree

Strongly Agree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce?  (Read 14845 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: September 08, 2005, 12:18:11 PM »

I really don't care if they want to reproduce or not - it's not up to me or the government to decide.

For the people who agree with the statement, if you're worried that the inheritable diseases will lower the quality of the gene pool or somesuch, you have little to worry about.  Natural selection will eventually filter out these diseases.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 12:36:09 PM »

You're correct in saying it's not fair on that child, because it's not fair in the slightest.  But like I said, natural selection will eventually put a stop to that particular bloodline's continuation.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 07:35:35 PM »

Obvious answer is Strongly Agree if you use common sense. Banning people from producing children with very high chances of having sickle cell disease or hemophilia is plain and simple common sense. Get it done and screw all you want, adopt if you want kids.

How do you propose such a ban be enforced?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 07:58:52 PM »

Obvious answer is Strongly Agree if you use common sense. Banning people from producing children with very high chances of having sickle cell disease or hemophilia is plain and simple common sense. Get it done and screw all you want, adopt if you want kids.

How do you propose such a ban be enforced?

By identifying those with the inheritable disease and giving the males a vasectomy and the females a hysterectomy or something similar.

I didn't realize you support statutory eugenics.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 11:34:26 AM »

He has a good point though. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies