People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:33:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Strongly Disagree

Disagree

Agree

Strongly Agree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce?  (Read 14826 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: September 07, 2005, 10:27:54 PM »

Disagree.

Most inheritable disabilities are recessive-linked traits. Just because the present generation is afflicted doesn't imply that they will have diseased children.

Then again, many serious genetic disabilities cause sterility in any case.

I think this post sums up things pretty well. In most cases like this, I would vote 'Strongly Disagree', but I say Disagree simply because in certain cases those disabilities are mental, putting the disabled in the mental state of a child, so someone having sex with them would be somewhat equivalent to child molestation.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:33:41 PM »

I've already replied, but still, I just have to say this: Strongly Agree, opebo's parents definitely should not have been allowed to reproduce. Wink
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 09:10:43 AM »

I really don't care if they want to reproduce or not - it's not up to me or the government to decide.

For the people who agree with the statement, if you're worried that the inheritable diseases will lower the quality of the gene pool or somesuch, you have little to worry about.  Natural selection will eventually filter out these diseases.

I'm not necessarily saying it's the governments role to prevent such things but its definately a strong personal belief of mine. Why should two people who themselves are suffering from some crippling disease reproduce and create another human who will be born in suffering or suffer shortly after birth? Is that fair to put a new life into the world who will do nothing but suffer?

The same could be said for working class couples who reproduce.

Opebo, just shut up already. Working isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. In fact, I think you're probably one of the most miserable people on this board - my evidence is that you seem to come here simply to look down on everyone else, feeding your need to feel superior, likely due to your small penis.

Oh, and by the way, psychological studies show that wealth and happiness aren't significantly linked - in fact the one thing that is linked to a general significant and long term rise in a person's happiness level is being married.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies