SAM News Corp. Comment and Debate thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:34:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SAM News Corp. Comment and Debate thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SAM News Corp. Comment and Debate thread  (Read 20402 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: September 12, 2005, 01:12:59 AM »

I suppose this would be the best place to put this.

I do not like the implication that Senators who supported the bill were Atheists.  (I realize this was not directly stated, but the implication is very strong.)  Despite the thoughts of some, Christianity is, I believe, a religion that promotes freedom of religion, no matter what we think of the opposing religions.  However, removing "under God" was not my main focus in getting the bill passed; in fact, it was not a focus of mine at all.  I strongly opposed governmental sanction of a pledge, period.

I firmly believe in the Christian God, as I'm sure does Senator PBrunsel, who also voted in favor of the bill.  This implication of only Atheists and Libertarians supporting the bill is further evident in this section of the article:

Atheists and civil libertarians were at the forefront of making this law a reality, as both Senator Ebowed and Vice-President Emsworth placed it at the forefront of their legislative agenda, and with passionate debate along with some strong-arm tactics passed the legislation which only a month before seemed doomed to failure.

Further, I must ask what strong-arm tactics were used by the supportive side: the only thing I would consider close to that is the motion to table requested by Senator DanielX, from the opposing side.

At first, VP Emsworth and Senator Ebowed, along with other supporters of this legislation, wanted to reduce the pledge to the 1923 wording
I firmly opposed removing "under God" from the Pledge, and I opposed any other changes to the wording such as the "under Dave" amendment.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 01:30:32 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2005, 01:38:51 AM by Senator Porce »

Thanks
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 05:31:57 AM »

Unnamed investors on the NYSE have voiced private concerns to the Daily Planet that the increasingly anti-free trade Senate will continue to act against various free trade agreements signed in the past, such as NAFTA and present agreements with China.
You are correct that this Senate is increasingly anti-free trade; that's why they support CAFTA.

Anyway, the Senate already voted in favor of repealing NAFTA a few sessions ago, but President PBrunsel just vetoed it and there was no override.  (Even though they could have got one if they did hold a vote on veto override.)

These same investors have privately told the Planet that the present Senate is unknowningly trying to put the Atlasian economy at a severe disadvantage worldwide and some have privately questioned whether some elected Senators have any idea how an global economy works at all.
How subtle of you.

General concerns over import-export trade in Atlasia have grown since France and Spain's joint agreement to impose partial economic restrictions against Atlasia and the defeat of a bill that would have repealed the Taiwanese Defense Protection Act, a law which many investors and businessman say is slowing down trade between China and Atlasia and is hurting Atlasia's economy as a whole. 
That bill would not have repealed the whole Act, just one clause.  But don't blame me, I was the only one who voted in favor of that bill.  You can take your pro "free trade" Senators who all opposed it and celebrate its defeat.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 05:07:47 PM »

Right back at you, Governor.  Try spelling my name right the next time you hurl profanity at me.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 05:18:46 PM »

Yeah, names don't really matter when you're addressing people.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 05:25:16 PM »

Written by John "Nasty Little sh**t" Ford:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/FEC

---

Forum Elite Conspiracy Research Committee Report #1
Written by Committee Member Senator Ebowed of South Carolina

Filed on September 26th, 2005.

I'll try to keep this as informal as possible.  Initiative 59, which established the Forum Elite Conspiracy Research Committee, was supposed to take care of the elitism problem in the Southeast.  But you know, there really is no forum elite conspiracy, and there certainly isn't one in the Southeast.  So what's all the fuss about?  Well, I thought I'd take advantage of the joke initiative, which passed 9-8 earlier this month.  Instead of writing about elitism, I'm going to write about fraud today.

If you think you're competent enough to write about the FEC for the Atlasia Wiki (which you're not), you think you'd at least read the FIRST PARAGRAPH of the report which was posted in a thread which you unlocked.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 05:30:57 PM »

These same investors have privately told the Planet that the present Senate is unknowningly trying to put the Atlasian economy at a severe disadvantage worldwide and some have privately questioned whether some elected Senators have any idea how an global economy works at all.
How subtle of you.

Accurate, too.
And I like how you didn't respond to any of the other points.  You think Sam's point about me not knowing anything of the global economy is accurate?  What about the thing about your beloved Taiwainese Defense Protection Act slowing down trade between Atlasia and China?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 05:35:04 PM »

How subtle of you.

Accurate, too.
And I like how you didn't respond to any of the other points.  You think Sam's point about me not knowing anything of the global economy is accurate?  What about the thing about your beloved Taiwainese Defense Protection Act slowing down trade between Atlasia and China?

I made no point about you not knowing anything about the global economy.
I know, I know; I was just referring to the implication, which John Ford also picked up.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 07:58:30 PM »

I will refute that amazing display of idiocy via private message.  I'm getting into too many arguments lately and if I post my rebuttal people will just bitch at both of us.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 09:00:15 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2005, 09:17:06 PM by Senator Conniption McRage »

Yep.  In fact, the PM I sent John will show that I voted against it twice.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 09:33:05 PM »

I'm sorry, I thought we were told not to post this here anymore.  Must have been my imagination.
Which is why I PM'd you.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 11:17:12 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2005, 12:46:26 AM by Senator Conniption McRage »

You think that's a good enough excuse?  Okay, so you were wrong, and my rebuttal was correct.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 06:29:50 PM »

He just hasn't announced yet.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 06:09:04 AM »

First, it was the passage of the Adding States Amendment, giving the Senate legal authority to add states to the Union without regards to their own personal wants.  Certain Imperial Senators, who have long wanted Atlasia to take over the world, without regards to the world's opinion, got their way on this, and will certainly use it at the earliest possible opportunity to annex some territory, province or other once the election is over.

Those "imperial Senators" that supported the amendment don't seem to be waiting for the election to be over to annex anything.  I seem to remember MasterJedi introducing various bills several months ago that were met with opposition and would have been soundly defeated either way.  The amendment has been passed for a while now, and frankly it doesn't seem plausible to me that he's just waiting until October 24th to re-introduce the Greenland Annexation Bill, the Canada Annexation Bill, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies