Russian Presidential Election, 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:24:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russian Presidential Election, 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: In a hypothetical free election, who would you support for the Russian presidency?
Vladimir Putin (UR)

Pavel Grudinin (KPRF)

Vladimir Zhirinovsky (LDPR)

Grigory Yavlinsky (Yabloko)

Boris Titov (PR)

Ksenia Sobchak (PV)

Alexei Navalny or other banned candidate

Any other running candidate

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: Russian Presidential Election, 2018  (Read 13816 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 18, 2018, 05:49:10 PM »

Russia will only see real change once Putin dies.  And unlike average Russian males, I can easily see him living another couple of decades (he's already 65, the age men usually die over there).
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »

Russia will only see real change once Putin dies.  And unlike average Russian males, I can easily see him living another couple of decades (he's already 65, the age men usually die over there).

Actually Russian life expectancy has surged under Putin.

I was talking about Russian men specifically.  Everyone knows women live longer than men, and that raises the numbers up a bit. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 06:00:26 PM »

Russia will only see real change once Putin dies.  And unlike average Russian males, I can easily see him living another couple of decades (he's already 65, the age men usually die over there).

Russia Watching is hardly my field of expertise, but I don't see any reason to believe this is the case. If anything his successor will be even more of a jingoistic psychopath.

Doubtful.  Leonid Brezhnev's death resulted in three elderly leaders who died in quick succession of each other before Mikhael Gorbachev took over.    
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »

Gotta love the Tuvans for not being subtle at all. Over 90% turnout and over 90% Putin. There were also a couple federal subjects in the Caucasus that way, but it seems random that Tuva would be that blatant.

Well, Tuva or Tannu Tuva are majority Tuvans which are a branch of Mongols but speak a Turkic language so it its the ethnic enclave pattern.   Of course I do not recognize Tannu Tuva as being part of Russia.  I insists it is Chinese territory which we call 唐努烏梁海 (Tannu Uriankhai) which the Red Russia stole from us back in 1921 creating a puppet independent government before annexing it into USSR back in 1944.
Do you consider Mongolia also Chinese territory?

You mean Outer Mongolia.  Yes. Of course.  Here is the ROC map.

Which for me is phase I.  Long term goal should be Chinese borders of 1820.  This is my computer desktop wallpaper

----------------------------

Putin did open the door, so he has little reason to complain when China lays claim once again to its Qing Dynasty borders. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies