Historic Alaska Presidential Results Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:58:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Historic Alaska Presidential Results Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Historic Alaska Presidential Results Megathread  (Read 7479 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 01:13:41 PM »

I've put interactive versions of the 1996-2016 Alaska Presidential Results precinct maps online here (for PCs) and here (for iPads & Cell Phones).

Since Alaska doesn't break down the early/absentee/question vote by precinct, the maps are of the in-precinct election day vote only. Note that these maps are in reverse Atlas colors.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »

Anchorage has been turning democratic on the down ballot though and it swung D doing 2016
Anchorage has reelected its democratic mayor and voted for Begich both times I am interested to know did Walker carry Anchorage in 2014? Alaska in the long long term like 2032 will become a battle ground state imo
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 05:07:31 PM »

Anchorage has been turning democratic on the down ballot though and it swung D doing 2016
Anchorage has reelected its democratic mayor and voted for Begich both times I am interested to know did Walker carry Anchorage in 2014? Alaska in the long long term like 2032 will become a battle ground state imo

Yes. By my quick math, Walker won the election-day in-precinct Anchorage vote 49-46 and the overall weighted estimate vote 49-45.

I don't agree with your battleground analysis, though. Anchorage might be trending D, but it's stagnant or losing population. Heavily-Republican Mat-Su Borough is still growing.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 07:48:31 PM »

I soured on this notion from looking at the numbers over the past few elections. When you account for the Palin effect and the unusually large turnout in 2004, Republicans have obtained about 165,000 votes in 2000, 2012 and 2016.

Meanwhile Democrats peaked in 2008 (buried under the Palin surge) and have lost votes ever since.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 09:34:44 PM »

They won a majority in the alaska state house Clinton was a terrible fit for the state someone better could have picked up votes so there are more alaskan democrats down ballot now for some reason
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »

This thread contains information too useful to let it rot sitting back all the way in page 10 of this board.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2019, 07:27:01 PM »

This thread contains information too useful to let it rot sitting back all the way in page 10 of this board.

Not anymore - and I'm not going to bother to repost anything. So long, Atlas.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 08:18:55 PM »

Not anymore - and I'm not going to bother to repost anything. So long, Atlas.

They killed your maps?Huh
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2019, 08:22:34 PM »

Wow---- just went and checked and it doesn't look like even Excel Chart images that I created from scratch based upon election precinct data exist anymore.....

So long Atlas indeed..... it's over folks, hope you enjoyed the ride..... Sad
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies