HB 1187: Act to Preserve and Cherish Native Atlasian Culture (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:05:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 1187: Act to Preserve and Cherish Native Atlasian Culture (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 1187: Act to Preserve and Cherish Native Atlasian Culture (Passed)  (Read 3710 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: February 06, 2018, 12:04:10 AM »

Unless I am missing it, this bill would presently violate the House's paygo resolution since the $10 million isn't funded.

This is a pretty important factor to address. Does anyone have ideas for how to tackle this?

I'll throw up a few ideas, give me like a minute. And anyone else who has ideas should offer them, too.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:03:52 PM »

With regards to paying it, this site says this about museum funding:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We could use that to make more realistic figures, although the bill talks about things other than simply running the museum (i.e. acquiring artifacts and facilitating trips, etc.).

Anyway, to paying it:

Throwing "fiscal responsibility" out the window seems like a terrible idea, so hopefully we don't do that. Tongue

Thinking over the issue, there are basically 4 ways government can pay for something:

-debt (a bad idea! Tongue)
-cutting spending elsewhere (whether this is a good or bad idea depends entirely on what it is being cut--I'm open to suggestions!)
-raising tax revenue (raising taxes on people is bad in and of itself, so it's best to be avoided, although I think there are places where we can cut loopholes and whatnot)
-fees (i.e. toll roads--this is something we could actually apply to this, charging for admission to the museum)

Hopefully that can get someone (possibly me, but clearly I'm not always quick on these things Tongue) to figure it out.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »

Aye FTR
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies