HOUSE BILL: Korean Crisis Investigation Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:13:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Korean Crisis Investigation Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Korean Crisis Investigation Act (Debating)  (Read 929 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 20, 2018, 09:21:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlasian People's House of Representatives
Pending
[/quote]

Sponsor: Oakvale
House Designation: HB 1188
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »

The sponsor has 24 hours to commence with debate and the members have a subsequent 48 hours to post their initial comments, questions or concerns.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 12:11:05 AM »

As a concerned citizen this looks good though I personally think a special counsel with no partisan bias involved anywhere and the ability to file criminal charges would be the best option. And probably best not to involve the AG too much in the process.

Though it does bring to question the nature of the AG and its long term structure as well. Assuming partisanship is a concern, then we should look into making changes to the AG since this is not the only situation where such a problem could arise.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:58:32 AM »

Can the sponsor please explain ever exact crimes he thinks may have been committed by Goldwater and or other cabinet members at the time. While I certainly hope we can reform the process of declaring war to make sure these decisions are Government wide decisions; I am not sure how productive this investigation would be. After all we kind of know what happened already and rehashing exact details just doesn’t seem that productive.

I don't know if there were any. That's not my call to make - should the Committee come to that conclusion I would abide by their recommendation.

It's not at all clear to me that we do know exactly what happened, and I agree with the Senator from Fremont on the necessity of such an investigation.

The Speaker makes a compelling point on the potential for conflicts in the Attorney General role. I may look into a text that could address some of those concerns.

It is an issue that we need to look at and beyond just dual office holding aspect, which was the focus of our October platform but got pushed off because of the holidays. Such could be a decent jumping off point though.

Anyway, are we in a position to move forward with this bill or is there more changes needed?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 01:40:38 AM »

Abstain

After the war started, I was involved in an advisory capacity to President Fhtagn as a member of her NSC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies