What-If: Swing State Margins Without P***y Tape
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:47:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What-If: Swing State Margins Without P***y Tape
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What-If: Swing State Margins Without P***y Tape  (Read 929 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2018, 08:30:57 AM »

What would the margins in the swing states have been without the Access Hollywood tape?
My tough guess, of the close ones:
Florida: +2.8 Trump
Wisconsin: +1.3 Trump
Pennsylvania: +1.8 Trump
Michigan: +.90 Trump
Nevada: +1 Trump
Minnesota: +.20 Trump
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »
« Edited: January 22, 2018, 10:29:48 AM by here2view »

He would have won New Hampshire, a state he only lost by around 3,000 votes. As for the others, I'd probably give him anywhere from a .25 to .50 percent bump. It depends on the state. I don't think the tape had as big of an impact on the election. Had it been released 3 weeks later it would have been a different story.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:05:00 PM »

He would have won New Hampshire, a state he only lost by around 3,000 votes. As for the others, I'd probably give him anywhere from a .25 to .50 percent bump. It depends on the state. I don't think the tape had as big of an impact on the election. Had it been released 3 weeks later it would have been a different story.

Yep, it was pretty irrelevant by the end due to Americans' goldfish like attention span. Reverse the timing of Access Hollywood and the Comey letter and it's a whole new ball game.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 09:46:13 PM »

Yep, it was pretty irrelevant by the end due to Americans' goldfish like attention span. Reverse the timing of Access Hollywood and the Comey letter and it's a whole new ball game.

Yup. Frankly I don't think the Hollywood tape changed many voters' minds. If you thought he was a scummy sexist pig, it was confirmed. If you thought otherwise, then you ignored the tape.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »

Yup. Frankly I don't think the Hollywood tape changed many voters' minds. If you thought he was a scummy sexist pig, it was confirmed. If you thought otherwise, then you ignored the tape.

Don't undersell it. It changed the mind of the "swing voters" for a whole week! That's practically an eternity by American standards. Wink
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:34:54 PM »

Don't undersell it. It changed the mind of the "swing voters" for a whole week! That's practically an eternity by American standards. Wink

It enrages me to no end, that after a whole month of Trump getting embarrassed and blasted in 3 debates and admitting to committing sexual assault on tape, that people didn't care and changed their minds because some emails were revealed that turned out to be utterly meaningless.

In my view, it was a huge con pulled on us that the public was made to believe that Clinton was some corrupt criminal mastermind, whereas Trump was this outsider muckraker. People will believe the dumbest lies.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 08:29:33 AM »

Like anyone actually cared about the tape except disaffected white women.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies