Which country is more hated? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:24:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which country is more hated? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
China

Israel

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Which country is more hated?  (Read 961 times)
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« on: January 22, 2018, 06:24:53 PM »

(Given Atlas demographics, I expect most opinions to be from a Western/American perspective, though other perspectives are welcome. I also moved it here from Int'l Discussion because I think the nature of the question suits this section more.)

Both countries clearly have PR issues. But both countries have things going for them (unlike, say, North Korea, which is almost universally hated), so opinions should be interesting.

On one hand, there's definitely lots of hate for China due to its government, threat to American hegemony, and lots of other reasons. But on the other hand, China has plenty of things going for it; it's powerful enough to be "untouchable," and its cultural history and economic growth give it legitimacy to many observers. Its economic activities have also built up pro-China support outside the West.

Israel has a government and geopolitical alignment that's close to that of America and its allies, so in theory most Westeners would love it. But Israel's very existence is a source of hatred from the Muslim world, and its relationship with Palestine has caused very vocal stirs even in the West. (In fact, one of the reasons I chose these two countries is because of how similar I think attitudes on the Tibet and Palestine issues are.)

So my own conclusion:
- Overall more hated: Israel
- More hated in the West: China
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies