Survey USA Poll CA (Primary): Newsom (D) 19%, Villaraigosa (D) 10%, Allen (R) 9%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:48:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Survey USA Poll CA (Primary): Newsom (D) 19%, Villaraigosa (D) 10%, Allen (R) 9%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survey USA Poll CA (Primary): Newsom (D) 19%, Villaraigosa (D) 10%, Allen (R) 9%  (Read 1830 times)
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:11:55 PM »
« edited: January 25, 2018, 03:27:38 PM by Tea Party Hater »

Latest Poll for the Governor's race has Newsom leading but with low numbers against a huge field of candidates. Almost a third of respondents were still undecided with the majority being Republican or Independent. It looks like this race has a long ways to go.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=04104c60-a299-4ed4-87a4-f9f25ff81e7d&c=37
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:17:47 PM »

Chiang being at 5 and Eastin at 1 doesn't look good also Allen is doing really really well
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »

Is Villaraigosa falling behind in the polls?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:20 AM »

Funny, Atlas told me this was bound to be D vs. D. Maybe California Democrats should stop counting their chickens before they hatch. Yes, Newsom would crush Allen in the general, but at least Rs would have something to turn out for, which helps them in the U.S. House Districts.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:09:56 AM »

Funny, Atlas told me this was bound to be D vs. D. Maybe California Democrats should stop counting their chickens before they hatch.

lol
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 12:19:01 AM »

Without undecideds, the numbers look like this

Newsom - 27%
Villaraigosa - 14%
Allen - 13%
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:55:25 PM »

Newsom - 27%
Villaraigosa - 14%
Allen - 13%
Am I missing something. I don't see those numbers.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 09:01:33 PM »

Funny, Atlas told me this was bound to be D vs. D. Maybe California Democrats should stop counting their chickens before they hatch. Yes, Newsom would crush Allen in the general, but at least Rs would have something to turn out for, which helps them in the U.S. House Districts.

It's still probably going to be D vs. D....
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 09:22:06 PM »

It's still probably going to be D vs. D....
Any chance of Newsom vs. Chiang?
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 06:20:18 PM »

Newsom - 27%
Villaraigosa - 14%
Allen - 13%
Where are you getting these numbers from? I don't see those anywhere in the Survey USA poll.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 06:30:23 PM »

Newsom - 27%
Villaraigosa - 14%
Allen - 13%
Where are you getting these numbers from? I don't see those anywhere in the Survey USA poll.

It's just the %age from the SUSA poll that excludes undecideds.  You take the raw %age in the poll writeup, and divide by 0.71, since 29% are undecided.

So, for Newsom for example, the raw number in the poll writeup is 19%.  and 19% / 0.71 = 27%.  So 27% back Newsom once you exclude undecideds.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 11:08:23 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 02:48:12 AM by Tea Party Hater »

Newsom - 27%
Villaraigosa - 14%
Allen - 13%

It's just the %age from the SUSA poll that excludes undecideds.  You take the raw %age in the poll writeup, and divide by 0.71, since 29% are undecided.

So, for Newsom for example, the raw number in the poll writeup is 19%.  and 19% / 0.71 = 27%.  So 27% back Newsom once you exclude undecideds.

Okay I get it. I just wouldn't do that because undecideds will decide to vote for someone.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 11:59:20 PM »

Wow, Chiang is doing well with Black voters (18%). I know it's a small sample, but why is that the case? Would've thought the plurality would have backed Newsom.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2018, 12:47:42 PM by ERM64man »

Wow, Chiang is doing well with Black voters (18%). I know it's a small sample, but why is that the case? Would've thought the plurality would have backed Newsom.
Likely because Chiang is from the South Bay (in the Los Angeles area), which has a large black population. Also House districts with large black populations are represented by Chiang supporters, CA-47 and CA-33.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 05:42:29 PM »

Obviously, both CA-GOV and CA-SEN are Safe D, but it is very important that a Republican makes the runoff so that GOP turnout is maximized for the several competitive House districts.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2018, 06:33:26 PM by ERM64man »

Obviously, both CA-GOV and CA-SEN are Safe D, but it is very important that a Republican makes the runoff so that GOP turnout is maximized for the several competitive House districts.
Will you endorse Doug Ose, John Cox, or social conservative Laura Smith? Travis Allen is pro-choice.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2018, 06:43:06 PM by ExtremeConservative »

Will you endorse Doug Ose, John Cox, or social conservative Laura Smith? Travis Allen is pro-choice.

I need to read more about the individual candidates.  I know Cox has the backing of the National Right to Life, but I had also heard Allen described as "very conservative" or something along those lines and could not find anything indicating he wasn't pro-life.  Could you post a link showing that he's pro-choice?

EDIT: It seems that he has a mixed record, earning a 60% from the CA Right to Life, unfortunately.  The more I read, the more I think John Cox is the choice here.  Not that any Republican actually has a shot, but we need to get one into the runoff.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 07:01:46 PM »

I need to read more about the individual candidates.  I know Cox has the backing of the National Right to Life, but I had also heard Allen described as "very conservative" or something along those lines and could not find anything indicating he wasn't pro-life.  Could you post a link showing that he's pro-choice?

EDIT: It seems that he has a mixed record, earning a 60% from the CA Right to Life, unfortunately.  The more I read, the more I think John Cox is the choice here.  Not that any Republican actually has a shot, but we need to get one into the runoff.
Cox opposes capital punishment. Laura Smith, a Christian conservative, is pro-life, but won't make it to November.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 07:00:06 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2018, 07:10:30 PM by Tea Party Hater »

I think it will be D vs R. In the latest poll Allen was 1 point behind Villaraigosa and that was with 29% of voters undecided with 37% Republicans undecided. In the Senate race I think Feinstien is going to eat up most of the Democratic vote and if the no name Republican candidates split the vote I think one of them will make it anyways. I'd like to see polls with less undecideds

Regardless I'm of the opinion that a D vs D race won't matter for Republican turnout. If the gas tax repeal makes it on the ballot it'll probably help Republicans. Also personally my family always votes even in the races that are D vs D. We all voted for Sanchez for Senate in 2016.
mds32
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 04:21:39 PM »

Republicans in California will have something to look forward to then if they can get Allen or maybe Ose past Villaraigosa.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »

Who advances if Villaraigosa's campaign implodes?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »

Who advances if Villaraigosa's campaign implodes?

Probably Chiang
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies