Indiana Senate Rokita internal poll (GOP primary): Rokita 24, Messer 9, Braun 9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:50:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Indiana Senate Rokita internal poll (GOP primary): Rokita 24, Messer 9, Braun 9
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indiana Senate Rokita internal poll (GOP primary): Rokita 24, Messer 9, Braun 9  (Read 751 times)
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:02:12 AM »

https://www.twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/956152817995124736

Undecided at 58. Is it time for Donnelly to rat the primary?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 09:34:00 AM »

I can't wait to see a general election poll between Joe Donnelly and his potential Republican opponents, including Todd Rokita who seems to be the strongest in the GOP senatorial field to take on Donnelly.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »

Pretty dubious poll. I think the whole point of this is to get donors away from Messer.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 10:14:43 AM »

Pretty dubious poll. I think the whole point of this is to get donors away from Messer.

I agree. When is the primary; anyways?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 10:37:12 AM »

We need a non-internal poll for this race. I don't doubt that Rokita is ahead he has the largest profle in this race but Messer shouldn't be that far behind.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 11:32:45 AM »

I can't wait to see a general election poll between Joe Donnelly and his potential Republican opponents, including Todd Rokita who seems to be the strongest in the GOP senatorial field to take on Donnelly.

UWS,
Rokita was Indianas SoS for a good portion so he knows how to win Statewide. This is probably the State where VP Mike Pence comes in handy campaigning for the Republican Nominee. Democrats know that Donnelly is an accidential Senator cuz of the things Mourdock said in 2012. Indiana has moved too much to the right in recent years since Obama won it in 2008.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 02:44:51 PM »

I agree. When is the primary; anyways?

May 8.

Todd Rokita who seems to be the strongest in the GOP senatorial field to take on Donnelly.

I would be kind of skeptical of this. Rokita has his flaws as do Messer and Braun, though Rokita's floor is probably lower than the other two. He has a history of being verbally abrasive, making controversial comments and being ruthless to his opponents (ex. Messer). Again, all three have large flaws (Messer: living in DC) (Braun: Being a Democrat until 2012, voting for tax raises). Rokita could also bleed more suburban votes in key counties like Hamilton. Honestly, I think all three would have about a similar shot of winning, though with Messer>Braun>Rokita probably being the order.

Also, the fact that he didn't release any general election data is interesting to me. Either he wasn't beating Donnelly at all, or everyone was beating him by more. I don't see why they wouldn't include that in the survey. Also, if you haven't read the second page of questions, that's a pretty good synopsis of this entire primary in general.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies