Hillary Wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:37:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hillary Wins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Poll
Question: How do you want to see the Midterms?
Election Night
Article
Election Night for Close Races Only
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Hillary Wins  (Read 54837 times)
MycroftCZ

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2018, 08:40:15 PM »
« edited: February 25, 2018, 08:16:19 PM by MycroftCZ »

Clinton Wins Wisconsin, Defeats Trump with 278 Electoral Votes

At 2:39 am, the Associated Press finally called the election for Sec. Clinton with Wisconsin's 10 electoral votes in her pocket. Early on, the Clinton team was worried by trends across the Rustbelt, with Trump eventually wining Ohio and coming extremely close in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Donald Trump is expected to call President-elect Clinton any minute now to concede the race. Clinton will most likely speak tomorrow morning at the Javitz Center in New York City.  

November 9th, 2016: Clinton Speaks

"A new day is dawning my fellow Americans and it is our job to get up and get to work. Let's heal this country and work together to create an America that is stronger together!" President-elect Clinton has claimed victory tonight after Gov. Mike Pence conceded early this morning. We are told that Clinton and Trump have not spoken and have no plans to do so. Trump was not the one to concede, having his running mate do the dirty work.

Wisconsin Results: 100% Reporting
Clinton- 48.9%
Trump- 48.1%

Senate Races: Too Close to Call

Early on in the night, Democrats picked up a win in Illinois with Rep. Tammy Duckworth defeating incumbent Sen. Mark Kirk. Early November 9th, Gov. Maggie Hassan was declared the winner over incumbent Sen. Kelly Ayotte in New Hampshire. Later that day, Katie McGinty unseated Sen. Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania. On the House side, Democrats officially picked up 11 seats, including unseating Rep. Darrell Issa from California. Races in 3 states remain too close to call

Missouri: 99% Reporting
Kander- 49.9%
Blunt- 49.5%

Wisconsin- 99% Reporting
Feingold- 48.7%
Johnson- 47.9%

North Carolina- 98% Reporting
Burr- 50.1%
Ross- 49.5%

Current Senate Makeup:
Republicans: 48
Democrats: 49 with 2 Independents
3 TOO CLOSE TO CALL

MycroftCZ

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 11:59:11 PM »

November 11th, 2016: Clinton, Obama Meet

Today, President-elect Hillary Clinton met with President Obama to discuss the transition and the coming years of a Clinton Presidency. Reportedly, Clinton also met with the Obama Cabinet and Vice President Joe Biden to speak about a new Cabinet in 2017. Biden is reportedly up for the position of Secretary of State. Clinton aides would not say who she intends to keep from the Obama administration but rumors swirl that it could be a complete overhaul of the Cabinet and major officials. Clinton aides did say that a Republican will definitely be in the Cabinet, possibly a sitting Senator. People close to Clinton say that Sen. Jeff Flake could be appointed Attorney General.

November 13th, 2016: Recount Over, Feingold Wins in Wisconsin

After a long recount, Russ Feingold is back in the Senate. He officially defeated incumbent Ron Johnson in Wisconsin with 48.9% of the vote. This also narrows the Republican majority by yet another seat as Democrats become more and more confident that they will win the Senate when recounts in Missouri and North Carolina end. Sources say that Senator Johnson has conceded and that Feingold has been in contact with the DNC and Sen. Chuck Schumer.

November 15th, 2016: Biden Nominated for Secretary of State

Vice President will be serving his country for at least another 4 years. He has officially been nominated by President-elect Clinton to be Secretary of State in her administration today. He is expected to be confirmed by the Senate easily because of his years in public life and few scandals. Biden will be old for the post, at age 73. This is the first of many Cabinet appointments expected in the coming days. 
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 02:01:50 AM »

Please give us Senator Jason Kander
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »

MycroftCZ

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 04:24:58 PM »

November 15th, 2016: Burr Reelected

North Carolina: 100% Reporting
Burr- 50.1%
Ross- 49.4%

Today, Sen. Richard Burr officially beat his challenger, Deborah Ross, in the North Carolina Senate race. Ross conceded and this announcement has put more pressure on the ongoing Missouri recount between State Sec. of State Jason Kander and Sen. Roy Blunt. Updated recount numbers show Kander with a 500 vote lead. The recount is expected to end on November 20th. The Ross loss is a big blow to Democrats who hoped that their win in the Governor's race and a win in the Senate race would signal a move to the left in North Carolina. 

November 17th: Sandberg Nominated for Treasury, Sanchez Defense

Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook, was nominated to be the next Secretary of the Treasury today by President-elect Clinton. This anouncement immeadiatley prompted liberal backlash, especially from Vermont Senator and 2016 Democratic candidate, Bernie Sanders. "We will not allow a big business, Wall Street executive to run the Treasury Department for 4 years. I intend to oppose this nomination and I hope my Democratic colleagues will do the same." said Sanders.
California Representative and 2016 Senate candidate Loretta Sanchez was also nominated for Secretary of Defense today, but her nomination is getting little attention.

November 18th, 2016: Pelosi Steps Down as Schumer Steps Up

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is stepping down and will retire in 2018. This announcement comes as Sen. Chuck Schumer is elected to be the new Senate Democratic Leader in the Senate, replacing retiring Harry Reid. Speculated candidates for Pelosi's job include: Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii and Rep. Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut. 
MycroftCZ

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 02:35:16 PM »

November 20th, 2016: Senator Kanderr

Missouri: 100% Reporting
Kander- 49.91%
Blunt- 48.98%

The final Senate race was called today and Jason Kander unseated incumbent Roy Blunt in a very close contest. Kander ended up winning by a small margin of 459 votes. This make Missouri's Senate delegation two Democrats, now that Kander will serve with Sen. Claire McCaskill. A peculiar spot for a mostly Republican state who just elected a new Republican Governor, Eric Greitens, who is a rising political star in the GOP . Kander's win also makes the Democrats have a clear majority in the Senate, with 51 seats to the Republican's 49.

November 22nd, 2016: McAuliffe Nominated for Attorney General, Other Announcements

Longtime Clinton ally and the Governor of Virginia, Terry McAuliffe, was nominated to be Attorney General today. This does come this a caveat: he will serve as Governor until his term expires next year. Until then, incumbent Attorney General Loretta Lynch will serve. Clinton also kept Tom Vilsack to be Sec. of Agriculture in her Cabinet. The President-elect also announced that Congresswoman Yvette Clark will serve as Secretary of the Interior in her Administration. This opens up a Congressional Special Election in NY-9, a deep blue district.

November 25th, 2016: Ryan Running for Minority Leader

Rep. Tim Ryan(D-OH) is running to be the next Minority Leader in the House of Represenatives. He becomes the first candidate in the race to fill Nancy Pelosi's position. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is also rumored to announce a bid soon, opening up a clash between the blue collar Ryan and the progressive Gabbard.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 04:20:41 PM »

Thoughts so far?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 04:52:58 PM »

Flip the states of Wisconsin and Pennsylvania to Clinton, since they were closer than Florida in real life, and closer than the states Senate Races, which you have already given to the Democrats in those states.

Also probably flip North Carolina and Arizona as well.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »

Flip the states of Wisconsin and Pennsylvania to Clinton, since they were closer than Florida in real life, and closer than the states Senate Races, which you have already given to the Democrats in those states.

Also probably flip North Carolina and Arizona as well.

Noted... thought a Florida win was a little unrealistic... will fix later. Thanks!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »

Hmm.. Why would Hillary nominate McAuliffe a full year before she intends for him to serve?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »

I love the Senate races, I find them very very accurate--similar to what I think would happen in a real-life Hillary win in 2016.

I think the cabinet choices are a bit odd, especially Sanchez--unless you have some sort of plan for that.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 06:03:26 PM »

I love the Senate races, I find them very very accurate--similar to what I think would happen in a real-life Hillary win in 2016.

I think the cabinet choices are a bit odd, especially Sanchez--unless you have some sort of plan for that.

No comment... Smiley
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »

No comment... Smiley

Gotcha! Well in that case, I look forward to reading more. You're a quality writer!
MycroftCZ

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »

No comment... Smiley

Gotcha! Well in that case, I look forward to reading more. You're a quality writer!

Thanks!
MycroftCZ

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »

November 26th, 2016: New Cabinet Announcements, Perez Out of DNC Race

President-elect Clinton today announced that Tom Perez would stay on as Secretary of Labor and Penny Pritzker would keep her job as Secretary of Commerce. A new addition was made in Rep. Brendan Boyle, from Pennsylvania, to be the new Secretary of Health and Human Services. This creates a second Special Election in the blue-leaning PA-13. Sec. Perez immediately announced that he would not run to be the next DNC Chair, leaving Rep. Keith Ellison as the front runner in the race.

December 1st, 2016: Gabbard Announces Minority Leader bid

An expected announcement has been made from Rep. Tulsi Gabbard. She's running for Minority Leader. This puts her against Tim Ryan and the establishment in the race. This race to be Leader is seen as a good test on whether or not the Progressive wing of the party will have a bigger say under the Clinton presidency. Ryan has already snagged the support of Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, a big endorsement that could deal him the votes many moderates in the House. Gabbard looks to be the underdog but many House Democrats could vote either way.

December 4th, 2016: Herring to Replace Kaine in Senate

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring has been nominated to replace Tim Kaine in the Senate come January 3rd. Herring will serve until a special election on November 7th, 2017, the same day as the Gubernatorial race in Virginia. Mark Herring is a popular politician in Virginia which could help him hang onto a seat which is eyed by many top Republicans in the Commonwealth. Rumored GOP candidates include: Rep. Barbara Comstock and former RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie who could switch from the Governor race.

December 11th, 2016: Clinton Cabinet Finalized

In a Press Conference today, President-elect Clinton announced her final slew of Cabinet appointments or decisions. Julian Castro will stay on as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development as well as Jeh Johnson as Secretary of Homeland Security. Rep. Dina Titus will be the next Secretary of Veteran's Affairs, Xavier Beccera will be Secretary of Transportation and Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski as Secretary of Education. Independent Governor Bill Walker will nominate someone to fill the seat in Alaska. Possible appointees are former Senator Mark Begich, a Democrat, former Governor Sarah Palin, a Republcan, or even himself to add another Independent to the Senate. The Murkowski appointment came as a surprise and is seen by many Republicans as a way to increase the slim Democratic Senate majority.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 09:52:47 PM »

Can you tell us what the House result was?
MycroftCZ

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 10:40:49 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 11:25:34 PM by MycroftCZ »

Yeah! Democrats have a net gain of 11 seats including Issa.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 08:41:06 PM »

December 16th, 2016: Walker Nominates Mallott for Senate Seat

Governor Bill Walker has nominated Lt. Gov. Bryon Mallott to fil Lisa Murkowski's Senate seat until December 7th, 2017, when a special election will he held. Mallott is a Democrat but has said he will register as an Independent before he enters the Senate. This prompted Republican outrage, claiming he was becoming an Independent, but would be a reliable Democratic vote. Mallott will likely have a tough reelection in Alaska, a redish state with an Independent streak.

December 20th, 2016: Ryan Elected Minority Leader

Rep. Tim Ryan will be the next Minority Leader in the House, defeating Tulsi Gabbard with 101 votes to her 86. This race was abnormally tight for a Leadership contest, signalling a fight brewing in the party about the future of the Democrats. Gabbard graciously conceded and signaled a willingness to work with the new Leader. Ryan is expected to keep many top ranking officials, including Steny Hoyer as Minority Whip.

December 29th, 2016: Trump Jr. running for Congress

The son of former presidential candidate Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., announced that he is running to fill the seat of exiting Rep. Yvette Clark. Trump Jr. does not live in the district, but does live very close to it. This could prove interesting when he campaigns in the district. NY-9 is a heavily Democratic district, so Trump's chances to winning are low but if he could flush the race with cash, he could have a chance. Trends and conventional wisdom shows that the GOP will make gains in 2018 though Trump would need a huge red wave to win in the NY-9.   
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »

Can you please list all the seats that flipped besides Issa's.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 12:07:56 AM »

I don’t think neither Tim Ryan nor Tulsi Gabbard are realistic contenders. Somebody like Cheri Bustos would’ve had more support from the Pelosi wing compared to those two. It’s just weird that the entire establishment is yielding the Minority Leader post to two outsiders.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 12:15:42 AM »

Can you please list all the seats that flipped besides Issa's.

TX-23: Gallego defeats Hurd
CA-10: Eggman defeats Denham
MN-2: Craig defeats Lewis
NE-2: Ashford defeats Bacon
CA-49: Applegate defeats Issa
Then the 6 flips in real life.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 12:16:38 AM »

I don’t think neither Tim Ryan nor Tulsi Gabbard are realistic contenders. Somebody like Cheri Bustos would’ve had more support from the Pelosi wing compared to those two. It’s just weird that the entire establishment is yielding the Minority Leader post to two outsiders.

Yeah, understood. The establishment really collapses after the narrow Clinton win.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 04:51:22 AM »

What happened to Lisa Murkowski?
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »

Cabinet
MycroftCZ

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 09:33:59 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2018, 10:54:55 PM by MycroftCZ »

January 3rd, 2017: New Congress Sworn In

The 115th Congress was sworn in today, resulting in 49 Democrats, 48 Republicans and 3 Independents. This makes the unofficial Democratic majority 52-48. The 115th Congress has a House margin of 199 Democrats to 236 Republicans. The new members in the Senate are:

Sen. Jason Kander(D-MO)
Sen. Russ Feingold(D-WI)
Sen. Katie McGinty(D-PA)
Sen. Kamala Harris(D-CA)
Sen. Tammy Duckworth(D-IL)
Sen. Maggie Hassan(D-NH)
Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto
Sen. John Kennedy(R-LA)
Sen. Chris Van Hollen(D-MD)
Sen. Todd Young(R-IN)
Sen. Bryon Allott(I-AK)
Sen. Mark Herring(D-VA)

January 11th, 2017: Sanchez Grilled by Cotton

Rising GOP star and potential Republican presidential candidate in 2020, Sen. Tom Cotton, grilled Loretta Sanchez, a newly former Congresswoman and the nominee for Secretary of Defense, in her Confirmation Hearing today. Sanchez was unable to answer basic foreign policy questions and had to ask to Cotton to repeat himself numerous times. Cotton's questioning in these Hearings could lead to higher name recognition and a political following, all things he would need to be a successful candidate in 2020. In light of this, Clinton called Sanchez to meet with her but no major decision was made.

January 20th, 2017: Clinton Inaugurated

President Hillary Clinton. Today marks day one of the Clinton presidency after she was sworn in along with Tim Kaine, who is now Vice President. This is a historic milestone, the first female President in American history. Thousands of women flocked to DC and rough numbers show that 68% of the Inauguration crowd was female. Clinton's remarks pleaded for unity and more bipartisanship while also signalling a desire to fight for immigrants and gun control. Clinton immediately signed many executive orders, but none that effect policy or made major news.

Clinton Approval Rating:
Approve: 57%
Disapprove: 40%
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies