2021 - 2024 Candidate news/polls/fundraising/ballot initiatives megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:33:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2021 - 2024 Candidate news/polls/fundraising/ballot initiatives megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 - 2024 Candidate news/polls/fundraising/ballot initiatives megathread  (Read 57972 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 19, 2018, 11:09:12 AM »

GOP nominates a legal pimp in a Strong GOP district.  He defeated an incumbent, who is a hospital administrator.

Not that he’ll lose but yeesh
The fact that a pimp accused of sexual harassment won't lose because of the partisan lean of an area makes me want to screech.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »

I think Alaska is well placed as a toss-up, but there's a lot to hate here. Minnesota and Colorado is toss-ups as you noted is just silly. New Mexico is only lean D seems odd, but I have to say that having Iowa as a toss-up at this point seems bearish on Republican chances.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:46:35 PM »

Interesting that only 3% of voters are undecided on Prop 1. Guess people's stances are just really baked in now.

Oh, I see what you did there.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:43:19 AM »

PPP did a big North Carolina poll

State Supreme Court:
Anita Earls (D) 37
Barbara Jackson (R) 23
Chris Anglin (R) 14

They also have Democrats leading in two NC Court of Appeals races, one of them featuring similar vote splitting to the Supreme Court race.

The judicial vacancies powergrab amendment is failing 29-43, and the Elections Board powergrab amendment is also failing 40-32. Unfortunately, voter ID is passing 57-34 and the tax cap is passing 50-32.

Despite the last two failing, this is still a massive win. It means Democrats will have control of the election boards at least so long as Cooper or another Democrat is governor, and they will have a 5 - 2 Supreme Court majority. It's basically the end of shenanigans from the GOP and possibly a path to flipping the legislature before the next redistricting.

If the Democrats can kill the super majority this year, they should sue for new maps on day one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies