The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:01:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 102839 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2018, 09:45:57 PM »

Romney's Approval Rating and other Polls:

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 58%(-2%)
Disapprove: 40%(+2%)
Neither : 2%

House Generic Ballot:

Republicans: 52%
Democrats: 44%

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #526 on: June 10, 2018, 03:48:42 AM »
« Edited: June 10, 2018, 03:54:17 AM by Old School Republican »

Congress Approves Emergency Aid to Puerto Rico after Hurrican Maria hit it with full force

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #527 on: June 10, 2018, 04:39:45 AM »

Breaking News: 58 People Murdered in the deadliest Mass Shooting in US History in Las Vegas, Nevada. Democrats call for Gun Control

Chris Cuomo: Yesterday night a terrible tragedy struck our nation when a gunman opened fire on a crowd of concertgoers at a Country Music Fesitival which resulted in the death of 58 people and injured 851 more. The perpetrator of the attack was found dead by a self inflicted wound when authorities tried to apprehend him last night. Also the perpetrator of this attack used multiple semi-automatic rifles which equipped with bump stocks effectively turned them into Fully Automatic Rifles to carry out the attack.

The President gave his thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims of the attack and ordered the flag at half mast to honor the victims.

The Democrats have responded by renewing calls for gun control saying that is the only way we can make sure things like this dont happen again.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #528 on: June 10, 2018, 04:50:13 AM »

Romney signs an executive order which takes the first step in Banning Bump Stocks

After much pressure from activist groups , and polls from both Republicans and Democrats alike supporting a ban on bump stocks the President has signed an executive order which takes the first step in doing just that.

On the other Hand the President has rejected calls in supporting an Assault Weapon Ban or strict gun control measures, which the President responds he believes they would not work and would violate both the 2nd and 10th amendments of the constitution.   
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #529 on: June 10, 2018, 01:51:37 PM »

2017 Off-Year Election Races:

Wolf Blitzer: So we are less than 3 weeks away from the Off-Year Election, so John what is the state of the races so far.

John King: Well First let's go to the Governor Races

Virginia Gubernatorial Election: Former Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling(R) vs
Former Congressman Tom Perriello(D) : Lean Repulican Hold

Currently, polling shows Mr.Bolling ahead by 4-5 points in most polling so we believe he has the edge but Mr.Perriello still has some chance to come back and win. Now Virginia is a Republican state and has been for a long time now but during the Bush years it trended hard towards the Democrats that they were able to win two consecutive governor elections, take both Senate seats and win the states electoral votes for the first time since 1964 which led many people to believe Virginia was becoming a Democratic State. Now that did not happen and instead it has shifted slightly back to the right since then but VA is still more Democratic than it was before 2000.

Wolf Blitzer: What about in New Jersey, the state has trended pretty hard Republican over the past 5 years

New Jersey Gubernatorial Race: Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno(R) vs Former Ambassdor Phil Murphy(D) : Likley Democratic Pickup

John King: Yes it has trended Republican over the past 5 years but thats only at the Presidential Level. Right Now their current Governor Chris Christe is very unpopular with approvals below or around 20% and the Republicans nominated his Lieutenant Governor and due to that has made it very Likely the Democrats will win this seat back and maybe even by double digits.

Wolf Blitzer: One more big election in November is the New York Mayoral Race which I assume is pretty Safe Democratic

New York City Mayoral Election: Mayor Bill De Blasio(D) vs Assemblywomen Nicole Malliotakis(R) : Safe Democratic Hold

John King : Yes it is a safe democratic seat

Wolf Blitzer: Now I know this seat will not be in 3 weeks , but how is the Arizona Special Election shaping up

Arizona Senate Special Election: Congresswomen Matha McSally(R) : Mayor Greg Stanton(D) : Likely Republican Hold

John King: Not a surprise Arizona is a solidly Republican state so unless something goes very wrong for Congresswomen McSally she will be the next senator from the state.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #530 on: June 10, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »

I thought you said earlier in the timeline that things would get much worse for the Republicans soon after 2016.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2018, 02:21:43 PM by Old School Republican »

I thought you said earlier in the timeline that things would get much worse for the Republicans soon after 2016.

They are getting worse:

They are losing the New Jersey Gubernatorial Race, they are barely holding on in Virginia(Which is a Republican state in this TL) and their lead in the Generic Ballot is slipping.

There just aren't enough seats up in an Off year election for Democrats really to make gains, so they will have to wait till 2018 to make a comeback.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #532 on: June 10, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »

CNN- Election Night in America 2017:

7:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9xY_CoC_M

Wolf Blitzer: Welcome to CNN's coverage of the 2017 off year election. The Polls have just closed in Virginia and CNN can project its too close to call. Lets go to John King for an update

John King: Wolf some key counties we will look at tonight will be Chesapeake, Prince William and Manassas , as if Congressman Perriello wants to win tonight he must carry those counties.

8:00

Wolf Blitzer: The polls have closed in New Jersey and we can project that Ambassador Phil Murphy will be the next Governor of New Jersey which means the Democrats will pick up at least 1 seat tonight.

John King: Not a surprise seeing how unpopular Governor Christe is there but we do have some numbers from Virginia and currently it looks like Mr.Bolling is going to win  Chesapeake which is very good news for his campaign here tonight.

9:00

Wolf Blitzer: The polls have closed in New York City and we can project Bill De Blaiso will be reelected as mayor of New York City becoming the first Democratic mayor in that city since Ed Koch to be reelected. Now lets get some update on Virginia

John King: it looks like Mr.Bolling as won Chesapeake and is doing very well in Virginia Beach County . Currently, I would say this race now is going to be a likely win for Mr.Bollings and a win for the Democrat will require them to win counties like Loudoun which wont be easy to do.

10:40:

Wolf Blitzer: CNN can now project that former Former Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling will be the next Governor of Virginia. The race will likely be within 4 or 5 points by the Republicans will hold on to Virginia .

John King: The reason we made this call is Manassas County a bellwether county went for Mr.Bolling and there isnt enough votes in Fairfax and Arlington to make up the deficit. Democrats I can say may wonder that if they nominated Ralph Northam they may have won here tonight.

Anderson Cooper: I think Northam may have as he is a moderate Democrat and that could have helped him win counties like Chesapeake and Manassas.

Wolf Blitzer: Van how do you asses this night for the Democrats

Van Jones: Well I would say this has been a better night for Democrats than Republicans as we are projecting Democrats to pick up a few seats in the Virginia House of Delegates as well. Overall for 2018 I can say it shows Democrats will have more House seats after 2018 than they have had at any time in the Romney Adminstration but how many seats they will gain is unknown.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #533 on: June 12, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »

Senator Gillibrand and many other Democratic Senators ask Al Franken to resign due to accusations of Sexual Misconduct   

Wolf Blitzer: We have a story to report and that is Senator Gillibrand along with many other Democrats have asked Senator Franken to resign due to accusations of sexual misconduct. The accusations of Franken come after accusations has been made of other high profile people such as Harvey Weinstein , Charlie Rose , Matt Lauer, and former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #534 on: June 12, 2018, 05:32:47 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2018, 06:21:50 PM by Old School Republican »

Breaking News : Al Franken Resigns from Senate and Governor Dayton appoints Lt Gov Tina Smith to fill Franken's Seat.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #535 on: June 12, 2018, 05:55:12 PM »

My 2018 Senate guesses:
AZ: Lean R
FL: Lean D
MA: Likely D
MN-S: Likely D
MO: Lean R
MT: Tossup
NV: Tossup
NM: Likely D
ND: Likely R
OH: Tossup
PA: Lean D
VA: Lean D
WV: Likely D
WI: Lean D
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #536 on: June 12, 2018, 06:21:15 PM »

My 2018 Senate guesses:
AZ: Lean R
FL: Lean D
MA: Likely D
MN-S: Likely D
MO: Lean R
MT: Tossup
NV: Tossup
NM: Likely D
ND: Likely R
OH: Tossup
PA: Lean D
VA: Lean D
WV: Likely D
WI: Lean D

Jeb Bush is the incumbent Senator in this TL , and Bill Nelson is the Incumbent Governor(After beating Scott in 2014).

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #537 on: June 12, 2018, 06:43:14 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2018, 09:13:34 PM by Old School Republican »

Congresswomen Matha McSally wins Arizona Special Election which means she will serve out the rest of Former Senator McCain's Term in the Senate.

Wolf Blitzer: While Matha McSally did not win by double points like most polls had her winning by she will still be elected by a solid 7 or 8 point margin.

John King: 7 or 8 points is a solid margin but this shows either of two things

- McSally didnt run a very good campaign or

- The Republicans are actually not leading by 8 points nationally because if they are winning Arizona by around that margin there lead Nationally will be less than that.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #538 on: June 15, 2018, 03:26:45 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2018, 03:47:16 AM by Old School Republican »

Senator Lamar Alexender  introduces an National Right to Work and along with other Bill

Summary of Bill:

-Enacts Right to Work Nationally

- Ends Project-Labor Agreements on federally funded construction projects

- Guarantees a secret ballot in every union certification election

- Prohibits the use of union funds automatically deducted from worker paychecks for political purposes

- Reduces employees who are part of the Federal Civil Service and who make more than $45,000 a year ability to collectively bargain on wages.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2018, 03:53:47 PM »

Susan Collins announces she will not even consider voting for Cloture on the Bill unless the National Right to Work Provision is removed from the Bill:

Susan Collins: While I support letting the states decide whether they want their state to have right or work laws or not I do not support deciding that on a national level so I will not vote for Cloture on this Bill unless this provision is removed.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2018, 06:24:52 PM »

Massive Protests occur all across Nation over the National Right to Work Bill:

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #541 on: June 18, 2018, 03:17:54 AM »

Romney's Approval falls in latest polls and so does the GOP's Lead in the House Generic Ballot due to the unpopular Right to Work Bill

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 51%(-4%)
Disapprove: 48%(+5%)
Neither: 1%(-1%)

House Generic Ballot:

Republicans: 49%(-4%)
Democrats: 46%(+2%)

Approval of the National Right to Work Bill

Approve: 37%
Disapprove: 48%
No Opinion: 15%
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2018, 04:58:27 AM »

Interesting.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #543 on: June 18, 2018, 02:20:28 PM »

Breaking News: Budget Reform Amendment Ratified by the States

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #544 on: June 19, 2018, 08:52:27 PM »

Romney Gives the 2018 State of the Union Address:

Romney:Thank You, Thank You. Mr. Vice President, Mr.Speaker, and members of Congress: This will be the 6th time that I have come here to speak to a joint session of Congress to report to you the state of the union and every year I have had the privilege to say it has gotten stronger every year and this year is no different(Applause). Over this past year we were able to pass a Constitutional  Amendment which will finally guarantee with the exceptions of emergencies, that the government will be Fiscally Responsible (Applause) . Also in the past year our allies along with US was finally able to destroy ISIS totally and utterly and are now in the process of making sure a group as evil as them can never rise agan(Applause).

Thanks to the fact that the world united against the face of evil we were able to destroy it and now we are united in making sure such evil never rise again(Applause). We also must unite against other forms of evils such as the North Koreans whose government runs the nation like the worst prison possible, and kills innocent people without hesitation and now has acquired nuclear missiles which is a threat to all of us. The only way we can overcome this threat is if the world once again unites together to sanction the North Koreans in ways that will force them to destroy all their nukes and never build another one again(Applause).

Now as you know while the United States must work to make the world a better place , that work must start by making our nation a better place as well(Applause). To do that we must rebuild our crumbling infrastructure as having a good infrastructure will make many areas that arent correctly viewed as good areas for commerce to become good areas for new commerce(Applause) , help mitigate the issue of climate change and solve many other problems(Applause). One problem we have is that stifling regulations make it very hard for states to build new infrastructure so I ask of Congress to pass a bill that reforms those regulations(Applause) so we can build new infrastructure quickly and efficiently while at the same time making sure it remains safe at the same time(Applause).

The Second thing we must do is do union reform . While unions are required, we must also make sure they remain to work and currently they dont. On the issue of infrastructure, I believe we should end Project Labor Agreements so we can increase competition which then will improve the quality of the particular project. Then we also must tell public employees who are making a middle class wage that they will n longer be allowed to strike because unlike private employees they are not paid by an owner but paid by taxpayer money. If we do these reforms we can finally be able to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure and continue to make sure our economy gets better(Applause). Thank You , May God Bless You, and May God Bless America.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2018, 06:11:41 PM »

Will Romney’s approval fall below 50%?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #546 on: June 20, 2018, 11:18:17 PM »

West Virginia Senator Jay Rockefeller Gives the Democratic Response to the State of the Union:

Rockefeller: Good Evening, today I would like to speak to you about the issues the President brought up in the state of the union and my thoughts on them. The first issue the President brought up is the issue of the free world uniting together in stopping threats and I agree because when the free world was united against evil we defeated the Nazis, the Communists and ISIS while when we were divided it made threats more dangerous. What I hope though is the President puts that principle into action instead of speaking about it because of that's the only way we can stay united.

On Domestic Issues the President brought up union reform and all I can say is passing that bill not onyl would be a mistake but would have disastrous consequences if passed so all I can say is I will do my best to stop this bill from passing. Unions is what made this country great and they brought us the minimum wage , the 8 hour workday, workplace safety and made sure that our kids in West Virginia and across the nation can go to school and then play with their friends instead of having to work in a Coal Mine or meatpacking factories many times in unsafe conditions so for that reasons we should be thankful for unions. Another thing the President mentioned is that unions hinder infrastructure projects and all I can say is that is also not true because one of the biggest infrastructure project in our nations history the Interstate Freeway was built at a time when unions were at the strongest not the weakest and the decline in the quality of our infrastructure started when unions got weaker as well. So for that reason we must make sure this bill does not pass as Unions are great and we must not let the Elites crush them.

Thank You , May God Bless You and May God Bless America.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #547 on: June 21, 2018, 12:07:21 AM »

Surprised Jay Rockefeller is still a Senator.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #548 on: June 22, 2018, 03:14:20 AM »

Breaking News: Mass Shooting At Stoneman Douglas Highschool in Parkland, Florida results in 14 students and 3 staff members getting murdered.

Wolf Blitzer: We have tragic news to report to you today and that is 14 students and 3 staff members were murdered in a mass shooting in Stoneman Douglas Highschool which is located in Parkland,Florida. The perpetrator of this shooting Nicolas Cruz has been arrested by the police and will be charged for this horrific crime later today. The President Responded by giving his thoughts and prayers to the victims of the shooting along with their families in a statement given earlier today.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2018, 04:11:18 AM »

Parkland Survivors call for Gun Control at Protests and at a CNN Town Hall

Anderson Cooper: Several of the Survivors of the Parkland shooting have called for gun control in many protests and called for it at CNN's Townhall last night. Several Politicians showed up for the townhall last night including both Senators Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio , Florida Governor Bill Nelson along with Broward County Sherrif Scott Israel, and NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch. One of the Students called on both Rubio and Bush to stop taking NRA money and support gun control.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies