The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:56:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 102645 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: July 17, 2018, 10:13:08 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You made so many typos in your list of closest Senate Races. Especially the replacement of "West Virginia" with "Red" that makes absolutely no sense at all lol.

Sorry for being late but I literally just noticed this.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #626 on: July 17, 2018, 11:15:46 PM »

You made so many typos in your list of closest Senate Races. Especially the replacement of "West Virginia" with "Red" that makes absolutely no sense at all lol.

Shut up you absolute ing reprobate
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #627 on: July 17, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »

Fixed
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2018, 02:29:50 AM »

Romney responds to ongoing crises in Venezuela :

Romney: Good evening , today there was very unfortunate news that came out of Venezuela and that is their government has embraced being a dictatorship without any reservations. They proved today their government is nothing but a group of thugs when they killed protestors including peaceful ones for just protesting and then decided to place that entire city under martial law. As President of the United States I want to let the people of Venezuela know that our nation stands with you and will support you fully if you ever decide to try to overthrow your current government with a democracy that respects all human beings inalienable rights. As for actions we will take now , we have decided to impose harsh sanctions on Venezuela in response to their despicable actions today.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2018, 02:46:55 AM »

Senator Rand Paul and Former Governor Mike Beebe announce their Presidential Runs :

Rand Paul: Thank You , Thank You. Many people who have run for President and have become President for the last few decades always say that If you elect me I will pursue policies to make our nation great again and I know how best to manage the country, well I am not going to that because it is not me or any of us politicians make our nation great it is the people(Applause) . For all of my life and maybe even all of my father's life as well the Washington Establishment or as I like to call them the Washington Machine has operated on the belief that they believe they can run the people's lives better than they can run themselves and as President Reagan said back in 1964 if we abondon the idea of self government we will have " abandoned the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capital can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves". The only way we will be able to do that though is if we reduce our size of our goverment and strictly following the constitution. That must mean we must end all spying , give back most regulatory power back to the states, welfare back to the states , and end the wars started without congress's approval. Thank You May God Bless You, and May God Bless America.

Mike Beebe: Thank You , Thank You for the warm welcome here today. Its great coming back here 4 years later and hopefully, this time finishing the job we began 4 years ago. As you may know we as a nation face many problems, from our infrastructure being graded badly year in and year out , the government always siding with special interests over the common man and an Opioid Crises getting worse and worse. Now while the President may say see I have gotten an infrastructure bill passed it still must be done as many times things like these just get forgotten about. As Governor of Arkansas we were faced with many problems day and day out and I worked with both parties to fix them and I will do again as President. Thank You Again , May God Bless You and May God Bless America.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #630 on: July 19, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »

Interesting. Might libertarianism have its moment as was speculated in 2013 & 2014, or is Rand Paul doomed to low single digits?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #631 on: July 20, 2018, 01:45:46 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2018, 01:51:05 AM by Old School Republican »

Venezualuan Government Declares Martial Law as protests turn into uprising. Declaration backfires though as it results in more people joining the uprising

Wolf Blitzer: We have breaking news in Venezuela and that is their government has declared martial law throughout the nation after the months-long protests against their government has turned into an offical uprising.That declaration backfired though as more people joined the uprising in response to the declaration which was aimed at crushing the uprising. We have also gotten news that the President will make a quick statement soon about this situation .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #632 on: July 20, 2018, 01:59:26 AM »

Breaking News: President Romney announces the US will support the rebels in Venezuela by implementing even tougher sanctions against the current Venezuelan Government and by giving rebels direct cash aid

Romney: The Venezuelan Government for over 20 years has become more and more tyrannical and their government policies have created a terrible economic crisis in their nation, which made the people finally decide they had enough and came out in large numbers to protest the government actions. The Maduro Government's response was to gun down protestors and officially turn their nation into a full-fledged communist dictatorship and that made the situation worse as the people said we have had enough and announced their intention to overthrow their oppressive government. The United States in response to this will officially  support them with financial aid and by scaling up the amount of sanctions we have on the current government .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #633 on: July 20, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »

John Boehner announces that this term will be his last term, just not a speaker but as a member of the House as well.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #634 on: July 21, 2018, 02:48:18 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2018, 03:30:49 AM by Old School Republican »

Paul Ryan and Kamala Harris announce Presidential Runs :

Paul Ryan Speech:

Paul Ryan: Thank You Thank You. Over the past 6 years, our nation has made tremendous progress : With the Unemployment Rate going from 8% to a record low 3.6% , a tax reform bill that gives our nation the most modern tax code in the world, Healthcare Reform which controls costs and promotes quality all without having to switch to a government-run health care system, Regulatory Reform , and even finally budgetary reform which makes it impossible for either party to run up the debt just to please the special interests(Applause). For my whole life I thought it was impossible for any President to surpass Ronald Reagan as the President of my lifetime in either Domestic or Foreign Policy , but this current administration has proven me wrong and I can now say has been the best administration on domestic policy and maybe even foreign policy though even now I would say Reagan has the edge. Now if we want to cement the President legacy we must not only win but expand on it and that is why I am running for President(Applause). As chairman of both the budgetary and ways and means committees, I fought for all these policies and got them through the committee and that experience is what we need from our next President(Applause).

Thank You may God Bless You and May God Bless America

Kamala Harris Speech:

Kamala Harris: Thank You , Thank You. Over the past 6 years we have heard from the Administration over and over again that the country is in better shape then it has ever been for everybody and while that may have some truth to it it is still wrong. This administration continues to disregard the opinion of scientists all over the world who say we must take action on climate change now to mitigate the effects later and instead our President has refused to take that into account because and instead trust the CEO"s of oil companies more(Boos). I can pledge to you as President I will not put the interest of oil companies over the interests of the planet ever(Applause) and that is what we need. The other main issue the President has neglected is the war on drugs and growing opposition to the kinda of force they use at times. I believe we must end the war on drugs as it has been a failure and instead provide rehab for addicts instead of sending them to prisons and as President, I can pledge to you that will change that as it is time we bring communities back together instead of breaking them apart. Thank You , may God Bless You and may god Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #635 on: July 21, 2018, 02:19:27 PM »

Romney's Approval Rating and polling on the Venezuelan Conflict:

Romney Approval:

Approve: 51%(+1%)
Disapprove: 47%(-1%)
No Opinion: 2%

House Generic Ballot:

Republicans: 48%(+1%)
Democrats: 47%

Should the US support the rebels in the Venezuelan Conflict:

Yes: 63%
No: 34%
No Opinion: 3%

Should the US support the Rebels by providing them arms:

Yes: 59%
No: 36%
No Opinion: 5%

Should the US send provide Air Support to the Rebels:

Yes: 44%
No: 45%
No Opinion: 11%

Should the US send ground troops to Venezuela:

Yes: 26%
No: 69%
No Opinion: 5%

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #636 on: July 21, 2018, 04:27:04 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2018, 05:37:46 PM by Old School Republican »

Governor Charlie Baker and Governor Gretchen Whitmer announce their Presidential Runs:

Charlie Baker's Announcement Speech:

Charlie Baker: Thank You, Thank You. Its great being here just a few blocks outside the TD Garden, the home of the great Boston Celtics whom I am sure will reach the Finals this year and have a great chance of bringing home title number 18 this year(Applause). Now while in Sports Boston is known as the city of Champions, in politics its known as the capital city of one of the most soidly Democratic States in the country, Massachuttes, but it is also the home of our President Mitt Romney (Applause). Despite the fact that Massachuttes has long been known as very liberal the President was able to be a successful governor of this great state, and then use the experience he got as Governor along with his experience in Buisnesses to become a great President. Now his time in office is coming to a close , and if want to not only preserve his legacy but expand on it we need someone with that experience of being able to successfully pass our policy goals  by working with both Democrats and Republicans and also have the buisnesses experience to successfully manage our economy and that is why I am running for President. As President, I will be work with both parties to get the job done , and work my hardest to keep our economy booming(Applause). Thank You and may God bless You and may God Bless America.

Gretchen Whitmer's Announcement Speech:

Gretch Whitmer: Thank You Thank You. Over the past 6 years, the President has constantly been mentioning how the economy has improved and while it is true our economy has improved it is not the best it has ever been like the President keeps mentioning. While the unemployment rate is low, it doesnt tell the whole story because many blue collar workers in the state of Michigan and all across the country saw their good paying blue collar jobs be outsourced overseas and then be forced to work at minimum wage jobs. Now the President and the Republicans for years have believed that blue collar workers are not as important as white collar and skilled workers but that is wrong because those workers are the ones who built our cars , built the weapons that won our nation's wars and built so many things that without them none of our lives would even come close to being as good as it is now and we should reward those workers instead of punish them. That is why I am running for President because I believe we must fight for free trade deals that benefit all our workers, we must invest in job training programs that can retrain these workers who struggle to find jobs and we must continue to make healthcare affordable for all Americans. Thank You , God Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #637 on: July 22, 2018, 02:58:19 AM »

Breaking News: Nikki Haley lashes out at Russia after the veto sanctions on the Venezuelan Government

Haley: The fact that you have vetoed sanctions on a government that continues to turn itself into a dictatorship is nothing but shameful and you should be ashamed of it. The Venezuelan Government has destroyed the economic futures of its people, kills innocent people and for that reason they must not only be sanctioned but we must unite with the rebels against them .

Brooke Baldwin: That was Secretary Haley today reacting to Russia veto of the sanctions. In response to that Secretary of State Zoellick will meet with US allies personally to discuss bypassing the UN in taking a united action against Venezuela
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #638 on: July 22, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »

Senators Jeb Bush and Kirsten Gillibrand announce Presidential Bids

Jeb Bush Announcement Speech:

Jeb Bush: Thank You, Thank You. Over the past 6 years, our nation has made much progress on issues such as Healthcare, Taxes, Spending, Regulations, Energy, and on winning the war on terror but we still have potential to do an even job(Applause). Currently, we are faced with many problems abroad from the Venezuelan Conflict, From Iran's and North Korea's Nuclear Weapons Programs, and to problems here such as our education system and I know we can solve those problems just as we have done to many other problems over the past 6 years and over the course of our nation's history(Applause), but we must have the right leadership to do so. While the current administration has been great its just not possible to solve every single issues over a course of 8 years and that is why I am running for President(Applause). My experience as Governor and Senator of the great state of Flordia gives me the experience both as an executive and on how to get bills passed through Congress . I also believe since I was not part of the current administration I can provide fresh new leadership to our nation to solve new problems and make some tweaks to some of President Romney's policies to make them even better than they already are(Applause). Thank You,may God Bless You and May God Bless America

Kirsten Gillibrand Announcement speech :

Kirsten Gillibrand: Thank You, Thank You. Over the past 6 years the President has constantly said how our nation is better off than it has ever been and how everything seemly is going fine. What I have to say is no not everything is going fine and it is time to have a President who recognizes that, and that is why I am running for the Presidency of the United States(Applause). Our nation remains not only the only industrialized nation to not guarantee paid maternity leave, but one of 9 countries on earth to do so and that is shameful. As President, I promise to make sure it does become guaranteed because no mother should have to choose between taking care of her baby and having to go to work just to earn money to put food on her table(Applause). Currently, we also have no pay equity for women and that also is shameful and If I am elected I will make it illegal for any company to give less money to women who do the same work as men(Applause). Lastly another issue we must solve is the issue of climate change and to do that we must stand up to the oil interests controlling our energy policy and tell them that we wont sacrifice our planet to make you richer(Applause). Thank You , may God Bless you and may God Bless the United States of America.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #639 on: July 22, 2018, 06:40:18 PM »

Will we get like a Democrat version of Trump?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #640 on: July 22, 2018, 11:04:40 PM »

In that the Democratic Trump has a great chance of winning the nomination. No and the reasons are

- Democrats have superdelegates unlike the Republicans

- There are no winner take all primaries and their primaries are almost all proportional (Trump wouldn't have gotten the nomination with this in place).

Unless what you mean by Democratic Trump is a Populist Blue Collar Democrat than yes they will have a chance to win the nomination.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #641 on: July 23, 2018, 12:56:13 AM »

John King on why the 2020 Election Map could  be unlike any election the US has had in a long time:

Wolf Blitzer: So the 2020 election season has already started , what are your thoughts on it

John King: That this election will be unlike any election in a long time because of how much the map could change . The trends that began in 1968 and really solidified in the 1990s may break because of these past 6 years. These past 6 years if you look at counties and how they are trending you can see that many rural counties and Republican Blue Collar Counties in relation to the popular vote are less Republican than they were 10 years ago and same is true for many Democratic Upper Income Suburbs which have become less Democratic.

So the Upper South and Appalachia which has been solid Republican territory since 2000 could be in play , the North West and a few states in the North East can be in play and same with states like Montana, the Dakotas as well, and obviously the Midwest will be in play. So in 2020 we could see the whole map shuffle like we have never seen before as many solid Republican states of years past could flip Democratic and visa versa.

So because of that 2020 likely will be the end of the Realignment which has been going on throughout the Romney years.

Wolf Blitzer: What about states like California and Texas

John King: Well those are states you can mark down : California and New York will definitely be Democratic and Texas will be Republican.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #642 on: July 23, 2018, 01:35:15 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2018, 12:45:04 PM by Mitt Romney »

Portman/haley 2020!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #643 on: July 23, 2018, 07:12:51 AM »

In that the Democratic Trump has a great chance of winning the nomination. No and the reasons are

- Democrats have superdelegates unlike the Republicans

- There are no winner take all primaries and their primaries are almost all proportional (Trump wouldn't have gotten the nomination with this in place).

Unless what you mean by Democratic Trump is a Populist Blue Collar Democrat than yes they will have a chance to win the nomination.

The final part is what I meant
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #644 on: July 23, 2018, 01:36:16 PM »

Vice President Rob Portman and Former Vice President Joe Biden Announce that they are running for President:

Rob Portman's Announcement Speech:

Portman: Thank You, Thank You. It was a great honor for me to be elected to become your Vice President twice , and over the past 6 and a half years its been a great honor working with the President to make our nation a better place(Applause). Over the past 6 and a half years our nation has made tremendous progress in the issues of health care, the budget, the economy, our energy policies and abroad has defeated enemies such as ISIS(Applause) and I am sure over the next year and a half our nation will make even more progress, but if we truly want to make our nation continue to be greater than it ever has been we must not stop then and must continue to progress in the many years ahead. That is why I have decided to run for President(Applause) because I believe my experience working side by side with President Romney for the past 6 and a half years gives me the best experience to not continue on the President's Policy but expand upon them (Applause). As the Vice President, I have sat in on every cabinet meeting, worked with the Senate to make sure they are able to pass the President's Agenda  , and worked with many departments to help make sure new policies are implemented in the correct way(Applause). I want to end today by saying these past 6 and a half years are not the end of a book but the beginning of a new one and I am determined to make sure it has a good ending(Applause). Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America.

Joe Biden's Announcement Speech :

Joe Biden: Thank You, Thank You. Its great being back in the great state of Deleware , where I had the honor of serving for 36 years as your senator and it was another great honor being this nation's Vice President for 4 years(Applause). As a child who grew up in a middle-class home and spent my first 10 years of my life living in Scranton , Pennsylvania I saw the dedication of many blue collar workers who would work hard every day to make sure their family would be able to have a good life and my father told me that people should not be judged by how much money they make or how good their resume looks but by their character (Applause). Unfortunately over the past 6 years and throughout my lifetime the Republican party has gotten more and more hostile to these ideals and instead believe that what defines you is not your character but your net worth(Boos). So when jobs get shipped overseas because of a greedy owner who does not want to pay a good wage to employees, the Republicans response is it is the workers fault for demanding more in wages and benefits and that is why they lost their job and that is just wrong. While our nation in many ways is doing good, in many ways we are not and that is why I have decided to run for President(Applause). It is time that we put in policies that benefit all Americans regardless if they are Blue Collar or White Collar workers, it is time we implement a public option so we can make health care more affordable to millions of people, and it is time to make an investment into the American people future(Applause). Thank You , may god Bless you and may God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #645 on: July 23, 2018, 09:59:40 PM »

Breaking News: Venezuelan Government Bombs Rebel controlled area, and kills many innocent people as well in doing so.  Romney and US-allied leaders to have an emergency meeting in response to the attacks.

Wolf Blitzer: We have some breaking news and that is that the Venezuelan government has bombed a rebel-controlled area and killed many innocent people in doing so . Leaders all around the world condemned the attack and the President of the United States, Prime Minister of Canada, Prime Minister of the UK, President of France will meet in an emergency meeting to discuss what type of action their governments should take against Venezuela.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #646 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:04 AM »

Breaking News: Romney, Scheer , Cameron, Fillion announce they are going to use limited airstrikes against the Venezuelan Government and to the benefit of the rebels.

Blitzer: Now lets head to New York where the President is going to give a statement after meeting with Scheer, Cameron, Fillion

Romney: After much careful consideration we have decided that we can no longer let the actions committed by the Venezuelan Government stand and we must respond in such a matter. We have decided that the US , British, Canadian, and French airforce will take part in a joint operation in which we will provide the rebels air support and use limited airstrikes at times to help the rebels at well.

Media: Will ground troops be deployed

Romney: No , there will not be any ground troops that are deployed and even the airstrikes we use will be used in a limited fashion.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #647 on: July 24, 2018, 02:38:11 AM »

UN Ambassador Nikki Haley and New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio announce Presidential runs

Nikki Haley Announcment Speech:

Nikki Haley: Thank You , Thank You. It is great being back in South Carolina where I had the honor of being governor for 6 years , and I will always feel lucky that I was born and raised in this great state of ours(Applause). As a proud daughter of Indian Immigrants, I learned the value of hard work, honor and respect from my parents and I will always be grateful to them for that and I know I would not be here today without them(Applause). These values I learned are values that people from every culture, nation, race, or state try to pass on to their kids as these are the values that unite us as human beings and as leaders of nation it is our responsibility to create conditions which allow for the thriving of such values(Applause). That means it is our job to make sure our economy stays prosperous for the foreseeable future(Applause)  , and the reason for this is people are more likely to work hard and play by the rules if they believe that the system works for them instead of against them and the best way to that is by having a good economy. We also must continue to improve our education system so our next generation can have the skills and knowledge required to compete in an interconnected world, and we must continue to make sure the world remains stable as stability is the best way we can keep the peace(Applause). That is why I am running for President because I  believe my experience as State Legislator, Governor and UN Ambassador gives me the experience needed to move the nation forward both at home and abroad and both legislatively and executively(Applause). Thank You , may God Bless You and May God Bless America.

Bill De Blasio Announcement Speech:

Bill De Blasio: Thank You Thank You. Our nation today is at a crossroads in time and it is critical for the future of our nation that we choose the right path. One path is the path we are currently going down where it is you must either be a rich businessman or a pretty wealthy white collar worker to succeed in our country, or should we go down the path of that every American no matter where they work should have the chance to succeed in our country(Applause). One of the biggest problems middle-class people in our nation face in getting into the Upper Middle Class or Rich Brackets is the increasing costs of Education, Housing and still high costs of  Healthcare and as leaders, it is our job to break down those barriers(Applause). We must finally put in place a policy that will finally make health care a right to all Americans regardless of income(Applause) , making housing affordable again and increase funding for education so more and more kids can go to college with less debt(Applause). That is why I am running for President because I believe I have the longest serving record of anyone in this race of fighting for all Americans regardless of Occupation , and Income (Applause) and that is someone who I believe should be the next President of this nation as those are the policies we need to make our country a better place in the future(Applause). Thank You May God Bless You , and May God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #648 on: July 24, 2018, 02:45:47 AM »

Nikki Haley to Resign from he position as UN Ambassador and the President names her replacement.

Statement from Former Ambassador Nikki Haley: It has been an honor serving as this nation's UN ambassador for the past 2 and a half years and it has also been my honor working with leaders from all around the world to make our nation as a better place. While I loved working here , it would not serve both the interests of the United States and the World to continue this job as I am running for President as this job requires someone who could work full time and since I can no longer do that I have decided to step down from this position.

New UN Ambassador:  Former New York Governor George Pataki

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #649 on: July 24, 2018, 03:08:50 AM »

Pataki is a great choice. Anyway, so far I'm not sure who I'd support, but it'd be a Democrat. Waiting for everyone to announce and polls to come out to decide. In any case, it won't be Biden or de Blasio.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies