Mayor Pete
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:01:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mayor Pete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
Author Topic: Mayor Pete  (Read 61433 times)
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: January 26, 2019, 07:22:23 PM »

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #501 on: January 27, 2019, 01:57:42 AM »

kyc0705

« Reply #502 on: January 27, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »

An amazing timeline! Thank you so much for all of your work on this. I've really enjoyed following it.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #503 on: January 27, 2019, 09:11:15 AM »

An amazing timeline! Thank you so much for all of your work on this. I've really enjoyed following it.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #504 on: January 27, 2019, 10:26:17 AM »

scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #505 on: January 27, 2019, 12:31:32 PM »

Amazing work, excellent timeline. One of the best.

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #506 on: January 27, 2019, 02:02:50 PM »

One of the best Atlas political fanfics ever!  I will miss this one dearly.
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #507 on: January 27, 2019, 02:14:49 PM »

One of the best Atlas political fanfics ever!  I will miss this one dearly.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #508 on: January 27, 2019, 04:13:14 PM »

Thanks a lot everyone! Smiley Very appreciated.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #509 on: January 27, 2019, 05:21:45 PM »

Longtime lurker here, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this story, great work!
ethanhenare1
Rookie
New Zealand

« Reply #510 on: January 31, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »

Found this story a couple days ago and have had an absolute blast binge-reading it. Amazing work!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: February 02, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »

Damn, Anthony Foxx is the first president since H. W. Bush to lose re-election. that's like more than 40 years
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #512 on: February 02, 2019, 05:12:11 PM »

Big oof Tongue
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #513 on: February 02, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »

Eh, don't worry about it.  MAINEiac had this really cool fanfic about Al Franken becoming President, but it was cut short due to the sexual harassment scandals.
BackWoodsSouthernLawyer
Aspe4
Rookie
United States

« Reply #514 on: June 18, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »

Coming Soon

Author's Note: No, I'm not abandoning Four More Years. This is just a fun, low-effort Timeline I'll write as a break from endless studying to exams and sinking into breakup regrets. It won't be nearly as deep, thought-out and full of plot twists as FMY, but more general and relaxed- I'll basically just report election results, maybe recap some news events, speeches, debates etc. I might do it as a Point of View Timeline, akin to Castro's wonderful Eternal Sunshine of the Democratic Mind, but again, much less detailed and complex. It'll start with the results of the 2018 midterms, which I'll begin reporting in the next post. Hope you'll enjoy it!
Bump
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: June 18, 2019, 10:45:45 AM »

The TL has been finished Tongue
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #516 on: June 18, 2019, 12:19:46 PM »

What’s next?
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #517 on: June 18, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »

What a nightmare but it is interesting. Don't let this die please
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #518 on: June 18, 2019, 03:19:21 PM »

What a nightmare but it is interesting. Don't let this die please
It's over
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #519 on: November 29, 2019, 09:54:12 PM »

"Bombshell report on Democratic Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg", Wolf Blitzer was saying dramatically. "DeShawn Franklin, an African American whose house was entered in the middle of the night by South Bend police officers without a warrant in 2016, and who was then beaten and tasered, came forward to speak up about the Mayor's treatment of the case in a major press conference."

Anderson Cooper continued him. "He says, quote, 'the Mayor refused to meet me. He ignored me as some pest and sent his lawyers to offer me money so that I shut up. To our repeated requests to meet with him or a hight-ranking member of his administration and discuss the issue, we were given nothing. My civil rights were trampled, I was beaten and humiliated, my personal territory was invaded without warrant! And in the end, the courts went with him and gave me miserable 18$. Our criminal justice system is broken, and Pete Buttigieg will not repair it, because he's the cause, not the solution.' That's defintiely an indictment of the Governor..."

"Yes, and that's not all." Wolf Blitzer added ominously. "Another shadow from the Governor's past, former head of South Bend's Board of Public Safety Pat Cottrell, has come forward to speak out on another controversy. He resigned in protest after the then-Mayor determined that his new appointed Police Chief, Ron Teachman, did no wrongdoing when he failed to assist a fellow officer. Public advocacy groups expressed concern that the officer was African American."

"Cottrell, who tried to get the Mayor to release the report, said Buttigieg refused." Anderson Cooper continued. "He said that the Mayor showed 'no empathy and only cared about his appointment and furthering his career smoothly'. Cottrell added that he planned to vote for Buttigieg because of his policy, but that the Governor is 'clearly not the people's Mayor he tries to paint himself as- he's only his own Mayor'. Meanwhile, the officer who wasn't assisted by Teachman, Lt. David Newton, refused to comment. It's yet another scathing attack that is sure to hurt the Democratic nominee..."

"Oh, Christ." Governor Buttigieg's shoulders slumped. "I hoped this stupid controversy wouldn't come up... and especially not in that way. God damn it, what are we going to do?!"

"They're going to claim that the picture they tried to paint of you was validated: a young, elitist white Harvard student who gets all angry and flustered when he doesn't get his way and is the peak hypocrisity about minorities. And I'm just quoting a Republican colleague here... this can really hurt us with African Americans." Jen sighed. "They're going to press hard on it. But luckily, you have an opening- the townhall debate is in a week, and it's the perfect place to show empathy, calmness and the down-to-earth picture people crave for. This will be our chance to dispel this false image once and for all. We must take it."
I know this is a necro, but holy crap...this timeline is prophetic!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: November 30, 2019, 06:46:18 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2019, 12:51:12 PM by Parrotguy »

"Bombshell report on Democratic Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg", Wolf Blitzer was saying dramatically. "DeShawn Franklin, an African American whose house was entered in the middle of the night by South Bend police officers without a warrant in 2016, and who was then beaten and tasered, came forward to speak up about the Mayor's treatment of the case in a major press conference."

Anderson Cooper continued him. "He says, quote, 'the Mayor refused to meet me. He ignored me as some pest and sent his lawyers to offer me money so that I shut up. To our repeated requests to meet with him or a hight-ranking member of his administration and discuss the issue, we were given nothing. My civil rights were trampled, I was beaten and humiliated, my personal territory was invaded without warrant! And in the end, the courts went with him and gave me miserable 18$. Our criminal justice system is broken, and Pete Buttigieg will not repair it, because he's the cause, not the solution.' That's defintiely an indictment of the Governor..."

"Yes, and that's not all." Wolf Blitzer added ominously. "Another shadow from the Governor's past, former head of South Bend's Board of Public Safety Pat Cottrell, has come forward to speak out on another controversy. He resigned in protest after the then-Mayor determined that his new appointed Police Chief, Ron Teachman, did no wrongdoing when he failed to assist a fellow officer. Public advocacy groups expressed concern that the officer was African American."

"Cottrell, who tried to get the Mayor to release the report, said Buttigieg refused." Anderson Cooper continued. "He said that the Mayor showed 'no empathy and only cared about his appointment and furthering his career smoothly'. Cottrell added that he planned to vote for Buttigieg because of his policy, but that the Governor is 'clearly not the people's Mayor he tries to paint himself as- he's only his own Mayor'. Meanwhile, the officer who wasn't assisted by Teachman, Lt. David Newton, refused to comment. It's yet another scathing attack that is sure to hurt the Democratic nominee..."

"Oh, Christ." Governor Buttigieg's shoulders slumped. "I hoped this stupid controversy wouldn't come up... and especially not in that way. God damn it, what are we going to do?!"

"They're going to claim that the picture they tried to paint of you was validated: a young, elitist white Harvard student who gets all angry and flustered when he doesn't get his way and is the peak hypocrisity about minorities. And I'm just quoting a Republican colleague here... this can really hurt us with African Americans." Jen sighed. "They're going to press hard on it. But luckily, you have an opening- the townhall debate is in a week, and it's the perfect place to show empathy, calmness and the down-to-earth picture people crave for. This will be our chance to dispel this false image once and for all. We must take it."
I know this is a necro, but holy crap...this timeline is prophetic!

It's actually funny- all I had to do back then is to read the "controversies" section in his Wikipedia page and develop them a bit (what you quoted I just invented based on that). I think I was even actually warning that it could become an issue back when he was polling at 0%. It's surprising the media took so long to pick up on it Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies