Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:33:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 election game. (Sign Up & Rules thread)  (Read 22990 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 10:50:15 AM »

Announcement from Phil Bredesen in Nashville, Tennessee on March 12th, 2015

You must be logged in to read this quote.

*Crowd Cheers loudly*

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Phil Bredesen would Leave Nashville and would campaign for the entirety of March in Iowa on his policies before going to the key state of New Hampshire and campaign there.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »

CHRIS CHRISTIE CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCEMENT

“Hello my fellow Americans! I’m here today to make a huge announcement. I am running for the Republican Nomination. I love this country and I want to see it prosper. For 8 years we have been led by Barack Obama. I’m sure he’s a great person, but he’s been a failed leader and you all deserve better. We have some other good candidates running this year, but I ask for your vote. As Governor of New Jersey, I have achieved a lot. I will approach the country with the same attitude: The well being of the people are my main concern. I will defend the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness like our founding fathers stood up for. I love you all! May God Bless all of you. Thank you! Bon Jovi Forever!”
There were big cheers from the crowd.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 03:12:20 PM »

Could I join as Janet Napolitano?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2018, 06:18:43 PM by terp40hitch »

Senator Rob Portman of Ohio Presidential Annoucment

March 15th, 2015

Ohio State University

"Today I am proud to announce that after discussion with my wife and children I will run for president of the greatest nation in the world, the United States of America. For the last eight years, we have had a president who is inexperienced with both the economy and foreign policy, a president that is a party good-old-boy and today I say enough! We need an experienced conservative maverick in the white house. We need a president that puts real hard-working Americans before their party.

We need a president that is going to call it as he sees it, When I am president I will call it the opioid epidemic and I will call it radical Islamic terrorist. We need to fix real problems plaguing Americans today and stop the partisan turmoil.

I am ready to serve for the coal miners of West Virginia, the small business owner from New Hampshire, the soldier overseas, I am going to serve you. Let's put America back to work! "

History505
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 04:04:14 PM »

Rick Santorum Campaign Announcement
 April 3rd, 2015

“Today, I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States! The last 8 years has seen a decline in moral values, and that has got to be put to a stop. As someone who fought against the big government for 12 years and for those core values, I know what it takes to restore them. We have to remember those forgotten men and women, those blue collar workers that work day and night in jobs such as manufacturing. The term ISIS must be called out by its name, radical Islamic terrorism. The enemy cannot be defeated until we call it out my its name with true intention and meaning. I have a plan to defeat ISIS, by adding the necessary resources to the region to make them retreat from their hidden locations. I plan to campaign door by door and county by county to get my message across and I need your help to help restore the values of this great nation. Thank you all and God bless!”
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2018, 06:02:06 PM »

Janet Napolitano Steps Down as President of UC, Announces Run For President in Phoenix

“As many of you know, it’s been made public that I have announced my resignation as UC President. I did not take this decision lightly, and it’s been an honor to work for such an incredible American institution, as it was an honor to serve all of you as Attorney General and then Governor of this great state. The United States is at an inflection point, much like we were 8 years ago, when the Great Recession began to show its first stages around the world. As a country, we made a decision, and that was to elect Barack Obama and his message of hope, change, and a brighter tomorrow. After serving with the President for four years, I can say we don’t agree on everything, but we both believe in a stubborn optimism for this country. He was handed the largest financial crisis since the Depression, chaos around the globe due to mistrust of America after the war in Iraq, and a political establishment in Washington that decided to obstruct his every move.

After 8 years of successes, failures, victories, and defeats, what we need is a leader with broad, executive experience. We need a leader with solutions. We need someone who has run a state government and had to work across the aisle to ensure the wheels wouldn’t come flying off. America needs a steady hand, who can whip Contess into shape. When they refused to help children brought to this country without documentation, I wrote DACA to give them a chance in the only country they’ve known as home. I promise you, as I have before, that I will fight for you. I’ll fight to stabilize our healthcare system by adding a public option and allowing the US government to negotiate prescription drug prices. I’ll fight to ensure that we retrain our forgotten workers whose jobs have been lost to automation. I’ll fight to make our energy production greener, cleaner, and more efficient. I’m here to announce I’m running for President to carry my fight for you to Washington!”
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2018, 06:08:53 PM »

Ted Cruz Joins the Presidential Race

March 23rd, 2015 - Liberty University

"Hello everyone! It is a distinct honor to be able to talk with you today, here at Liberty University. Your's is an institution of higher-learning with an unparalleled commitment to the Constitution and American freedom.

I'd ask all of you to think of the state of America today. For nearly eight years, we have suffered under the big-government liberalism of Barack Obama. We have seen government grow and freedom recede. All the while, our President tells us his course has been 'helping' America. Nothing could be further from reality. The results of his course are clear; our economic growth is anemic, our role as a global leader has been diminished, the family itself is under attack, and the fundamental freedoms, on which our country was founded, are continually threatened by an ever-bigger bureaucratic behemoth in Washington.

Let me tell each and every one of you something; things DO NOT have to be this way. We do not have to accept the economic stagnation and cultural malaise of these last years as the new normal. America is a nation where the seemingly impossible can be realized. I want you to imagine a nation with booming economic growth, a foreign policy guided by moral clarity on good and evil, and a Constitution treated with the respect it deserves, as the single greatest instrument for promoting human liberty in history.

In order to see these things become reality, we need to see millions of courageous conservatives, all over our great country, stand up and demand their government back. I firmly believe a bold, positive, conservative message can unite the people of this country and unleash a new wave of American liberty. I'd like to lead the charge in bringing that conservative message to the American People. For that reason, I am running for President of The United States! Thank you! God bless you, and may God always bless The United States of America!"
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »

I would like to run as former governor Jim Hodges (D-SC).
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »

I would like to run as former governor Jim Hodges (D-SC).

Welcome!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2018, 09:42:17 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2018, 09:45:11 PM by terp40hitch »

Portman First Month Of Campaigning

Portman spent much of March finishing senate business but he started to visit New Hampshire, Iowa, and Nevada. He also met with some high profile endorsements to try a woo over their support.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 12:18:45 AM »

Portman First Month Of Campaigning

Portman spent much of March finishing senate business but he started to visit New Hampshire, Iowa, and Nevada. He also met with some high profile endorsements to try a woo over their support.

The game hasn't started yet. The game starts on Friday, and I will create a new thread for the gameplay.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »

why is MyCool 2 candidates?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 10:39:33 AM »

Fixed, I copy paste the format and enter the new candidate when someone joins, but I forgot to change the name.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »

Does the game start 9 am or pm
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 08:14:30 PM »

It starts on Friday so there is still some time
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 08:49:29 PM »

9 AM Friday EST
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 11:31:26 PM »

One more day for players to join before we start the game! If you want to participate in the game, sign up now by posting the name of the candidate you want to be! Join before it's too late!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »

Jim Hodges Campaign Announcement

(COLUMBIA, SC)-"Hello fellow South Carolinians, Columbians, and fine people that I had the honor to serve years ago. Many of you may be aware that there has been some speculation, mostly online, about me running for president. While many of these rumors have been passed of as nonsense and completely unrealistic dreams I still wanted to address them personally. And the truth about these rumors is that—they're true. I, Jim Hodges, am officially running for the highest office in the United States."

"Recently, I have become concerned about the growth of divisive and extremist politics over the past few years. I'm worried about a takeover by extremist politics because we know that they do not work. We have seen several examples of nations with extremist policies over the years, right and left, and they have all resulted in failure, economic collapse. America has always been most prosperous under moderate policy, moderate presidents, and that is exactly what I hope to deliver."

"Our divided society is also a problem. People talk about how lazy congress is and how our government never gets anything done. And the true fault lies in our current congress's lack of cooperation, it's inability to ever be bipartisan. I've already talked about how moderate politics are best, and these policies happen when opposing sides come together. I want to be the encouraging voice for the bipartisanship. I want things to get done, and I want these things to be helpful and successful."

"There is much more I would like to talk about, many more ideas that I have for our country, much more than I have time for today. But what I can tell you is that these ideas all follow my philosophy of moderation and cooperation. This is the philosophy that we want, these are the policies that we need, and these are the ideals that will be delivered if you vote for Jim Hodges in 2016!"
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2018, 05:27:36 PM »

I'd like to run as Bernie Sanders (as a democrat)

Well, there goes the chance that a New Democrat wins, pack up boys, we're leaving! (I'm just joking with you. Welcome)
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2018, 05:42:47 PM »

Welcome, this will be interesting since in early 2015 Sanders was barely known and it will be interesting if he can perform without running against Clinton (establishment)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »

Welcome!
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2018, 08:02:56 PM »

Will this 2016 have the Iowa Ames straw poll?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2018, 09:00:22 PM »

Will this 2016 have the Iowa Ames straw poll?

I will think about it, it didn't occur in 2016 in RL but its a cool experience so we will see.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »

Can I jump in as Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton for the Democrats?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2018, 10:29:26 PM »

Can I jump in as Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton for the Democrats?

Sure, Welcome!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies