TN-Triton Research: Blackburn +11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN-Triton Research: Blackburn +11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TN-Triton Research: Blackburn +11  (Read 3753 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 02:31:06 AM »

Clinton lost Tennessee by 26%. Now the Democrats are losing it by only 11%. That's a 15% swing to the Democrats, right in line with all the other evidence we've seen and demonstrating the blue wave is coming and it will be YUGE. If anything given that there's a 15% swing to the Dems we may be underestimating just how big the wave really is.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 02:41:15 AM »

Never understood why people here thought this or Texas were remotely likely pick ups

Unless the Republican brand improves nationally, or Cruz starts becoming more popular with his colleagues in the Senate (which would help him bring money home), Texas will be at worst for Democrats a Tossup.

Tennessee on the other hand, won't even be close. Both Blackburn and Fincher should win by at least 15.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 10:44:07 AM »

What's with polls heavily underestimating black share of the electorate?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 12:06:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As expected, the race is moderately competitive with a GOP advantage.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »

Wait wtf, why is this sample only 5% black? The black population in TN is 17%, so I'd expect the electorate to at least be 15% black.

And why is the sample 46% republican? Surely there are less Republicans in TN than that (although I bet indies here are pretty titanium R anyways).
No that partisan breakdown is fairly accurate. As of 2014 at least TN party registration was 47% Republican 35% Democrat. Parties have a fair bit of strength down there.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »

Wait wtf, why is this sample only 5% black? The black population in TN is 17%, so I'd expect the electorate to at least be 15% black.

And why is the sample 46% republican? Surely there are less Republicans in TN than that (although I bet indies here are pretty titanium R anyways).
No that partisan breakdown is fairly accurate. As of 2014 at least TN party registration was 47% Republican 35% Democrat. Parties have a fair bit of strength down there.

We do not register by party in Tennessee.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 06:37:42 PM »

Considering the fact that Republicans routinely romp in Tennessee by anywhere from 20-50 points, an 11 point win would actually be excellent evidence of a Democratic wave.

But yes, this race is safe R, unless it turns out that Blackburn is a pedophile.
I wouldn't be too sure about calling this race safe R. It's over 10 months until the election and ten thousand things can happen between now and then. I'd probably say lean R for now, this race could get as close as 2006.

Yeah, here's a few of those 10,000 things that could lead to Blackburn losing: Her being a pedophile, her being a murderer, etc. But if we're going to start considering 0.01% probabilities, then hardly any race is truly safe.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies