Pericles/Wells for President-The Change We Need(Concession speech posted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:43:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pericles/Wells for President-The Change We Need(Concession speech posted)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Pericles/Wells for President-The Change We Need(Concession speech posted)  (Read 2960 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:05:22 PM »
« edited: February 19, 2018, 11:57:11 PM by Senator Pericles of Fremont »

The last thread was hijacked by negativity. This thread will be about the campaign with policy announcements and discussion. If you insist on personally attacking me then create a separate thread for that purpose though I don't think that would be wise on your part. With that said, I'm proud of the campaign and platform me and Mike Wells are running. I am optimistic for victory and looking forward to the campaign.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »

The old thread has been locked because that's also the change we need(lol Sad. )
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »

No lie, when I saw the old thread was locked I thought you dropped out. Tongue
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 07:49:57 PM »

The last thread was hijacked by negativity. This thread will be about the campaign with policy announcements and discussion. If you insist on personally attacking me then create a separate thread for that purpose though I don't think that would be wise on your part. With that said, I'm proud of the campaign and platform me and Mike Wells are running. I am optimistic for victory and looking forward to the campaign.

Amen to that!

Now, that being said, do you have a policy in place or a policy that you will be formulating, to end homelessness and hunger in Atlasia?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 07:53:34 PM »

No lie, when I saw the old thread was locked I thought you dropped out. Tongue

I'm not dropping out, I'm not a quitter and I'm in to win.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:55:47 PM »

Amen to that!

Now, that being said, do you have a policy in place or a policy that you will be formulating, to end homelessness and hunger in Atlasia?

As I mentioned previously I'm planning on building more houses to increase the supply and make it more affordable and may also use subsidies to reduce the price further. I'm open to more solutions to solve this pressing issue.
DFL

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »

Amen to that!

As I mentioned previously I'm planning on building more houses to increase the supply and make it more affordable and may also use subsidies to reduce the price further. I'm open to more solutions to solve this pressing issue.

Just curious -- will these be affordable housing units?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »

$?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »

Amen to that!

Not all but a lot of them will be.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 08:13:31 PM »

How do you plan on balancing the budget when he have a deficit currently and you want to both cut middle class taxes and spend presumably billions on infrastructure, university education and other projects?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 08:15:05 PM »

Amen to that!

Not all but a lot of them will be.

Does this mean you aim to divert HOME money to a new program for general house construction? HOME money for new housing construction requires that there either be subsidies to keep the price below the market-rate or that only persons who qualify as low income may live there.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 08:17:02 PM »

How do you plan on balancing the budget when he have a deficit currently and you want to both cut middle class taxes and spend presumably billions on infrastructure, university education and other projects?

Given the unexpectedly large deficit that tge current administration is presiding over I will be looking carefully at the budget and getting back to you soon. But I think that the homeless should not be abandoned by austerity and we should reduce the deficit responsibly rather than with brutal austerity.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 09:21:25 PM »

Ok I'll also discuss the campaign but no petty negativity.

A recent poll surprisingly shows me in the lead(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=283280.25). It looks like our message is rapidly gaining traction. But I'm the only candidate who beats fhtagn. The Alliance falls 10 points short. And so the choice is clear-this race is between a progressive vision with me and the current status quo. I hope I can earn your vote, and I'm grateful for the support that I've received.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 09:22:56 PM »

What exactly is the main issue with the current status quo?

Are you blaming fhtagn for the inactivity crisis? Or is this about something else?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 09:23:51 PM »

Ok I'll also discuss the campaign but no petty negativity.

A recent poll surprisingly shows me in the lead(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=283280.25). It looks like our message is rapidly gaining traction. But I'm the only candidate who beats fhtagn. The Alliance falls 10 points short. And so the choice is clear-this race is between a progressive vision with me and the current status quo. I hope I can earn your vote, and I'm grateful for the support that I've received.

I'd like to note that

1. It's a generic candidate
2. It's within 10 points of a very popular president

and, most importantly...

3. It's not weighted.

So, and this is to everyone, don't read too much into one poll.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 09:25:24 PM »

What exactly is the main issue with the current status quo?

Are you blaming fhtagn for the inactivity crisis? Or is this about something else?

I'm not really blaming her but I'll solve it better than any other candidate. And we need progressive policies and to lower the unemployment rate, reduce income inequality and create a more prosperous Atlasia for all. We're not heading in the right direction as a country(on many metrics) and I'll change that.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »

The issue of gun control has come up on the agenda. Well, I will always respect and defend the right of law abiding Atlasians to bear arms. Gun rights are key in our society, and they're part of our way of life, as well as a defense against tyranny. I will never take those rights away. There will be no handgun ban, Assault Weapons ban or any of those types of shennanigans that harm law abiding gun owners. That said, I don't think dangerous criminals should be allowed to gain guns with impunity. I will implement universal background checks and tighten the enforcement to stop the criminals. Unlike my opponent, those on the no fly list shouldn't bare arms. If you're too dangerous to fly, you're to dangerous to own a gun. I am open to reforming the no fly list though to make sure it doesn't target innocent people. I will ban bump stocks. And loopholes in our gun laws will be closed. The bad guy with a gun doesn't need to have a gun, and in trying to stop him from having a gun the good guy with a gun should still have a gun. That's my policy, these are my values and I stand by them.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »

Endorsed
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 09:42:05 PM »

Thank you!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 10:00:12 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2018, 12:23:54 AM by Senator Pericles of Fremont »

Endorsements
Please correct me if I missed you out
JGibson
Southern Delegate Weatherboy 1102
All is Wells
Fmr Rep Illiniwek
SWE
DTC
HenryWallaceVP
Ninja0428
Southern Deputy Speaker/National Archivist Tim Turner
Dwarven Dragon(Wulfric)
For second preference dfwlibertylover
More coming...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 03:40:05 AM »

While I am supporting the President I'm very relived that, in the interests of a healthy democracy, we have a strong opposing ticket.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 03:42:59 AM »

While I am supporting the President I'm very relived that, in the interests of a healthy democracy, we have a strong opposing ticket.

Thanks. The left has been in very bad shape recently but I hope that can change by February 16-18, as we should have a good debate about the direction of our country and let Atlasians have a clear choice in visions for our future.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2018, 06:18:57 PM by President fhtagn »

You speak of banning dual officeholding, and are in support of the bill regarding this currently in the Senate.

If elected President, does this mean that you would fire most of the folks serving in the Cabinet? And if so, how would you go about ensuring that their replacements are even remotely as active and qualified?

To help you out, here are the members of the Cabinet:

Secretary of State: Mr. Reactionary
Secretary of Internal Affairs: RFayette
Attorney General: Oakvale
Secretary of Federal Elections: Peebs
Registrar General of the Census Bureau: Peebs
National Archivist: Wxtransit
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 08:24:51 PM »

You speak of banning dual officeholding, and are in support of the bill regarding this currently in the Senate.

If elected President, does this mean that you would fire most of the folks serving in the Cabinet? And if so, how would you go about ensuring that their replacements are even remotely as active and qualified?

To help you out, here are the members of the Cabinet:

Secretary of State: Mr. Reactionary
Secretary of Internal Affairs: RFayette
Attorney General: Oakvale
Secretary of Federal Elections: Peebs
Registrar General of the Census Bureau: Peebs
National Archivist: Wxtransit

For help identifing a dual officeholder, they're crossed out.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 09:41:10 PM »

I think it's entirely possible that cabinet members can agree to stay on in just that position. And also I would already do cabinet changeover, such as in the position of AG as my concerns with Oakvale went beyond his dual office-holding. I don't plan on making promises in advance as to who will serve in my cabinet but it will be the person best qualified for that position not out of a corrupt bargain or political expediency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies