Trump versus Reagan primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:49:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Trump versus Reagan primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump versus Reagan primary  (Read 808 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:10:51 AM »

If Ronald Reagan somehow came back from the death and run against Trump in a Republican primary, how would that end? I think Amnesty Ron would lose to Trump in today’s GOP. You may discuss with maps.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:09:48 AM »

Trump would definitely win. Reagan wouldn't be willing to say what's required of GOP nominees these days.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 11:30:36 AM »

Reagan has the charisma to beat Trump
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »

Look at what happened to the primary candidates whose views were closest to Reagan's - Jeb Bush and Lindsey Graham. there's your answer.
Metalhead123

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »

Reagan would win on name recognition and legacy alone. No matter how much the republican base has changed, Ronald Reagan has always been praised.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »

Look at what happened to the primary candidates whose views were closest to Reagan's - Jeb Bush and Lindsey Graham. there's your answer.

They had no Charisma , were terrible at debating , and people didnt want another Bush as president.

libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 06:25:42 PM »

Reagan would eat Trump alive.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 10:32:50 AM »

"Reagan, look at this guy. A Hollywood actor, he was the president of their acting union, did you know that? Reagan, president of the actors' union! You can't get more sick than that, folks. He said he was a conservative, but he supported amnesty for illegals, can you believe that? I don't like to judge, but, how do you get people to trust you if you're just opening our borders and letting everyone in? He's not trustworthy, folks. Not trustworthy. Iran-Contra? Talk about a bad trade deal. You thought the nuclear deal was bad? This guy gave them weapons for money, he sold weapons to the ayatollahs, it's disgraceful, folks. He shouldn't even be allowed to run. Somehow he manages to be Obama, but worse. Worse than Obama. He wasn't even born in California, he says he loves that place so much. I'm more of an East Coast kind of guy, if I'm being honest with you. Really a disgusting guy, if you think about it. A lot of people are saying he lost it by the end, I don't know. I don't like to speculate, but I've heard from a lot of people that Reagan isn't totally there, if you know what I mean."

Trump would absolutely destroy Reagan in a Republican primary.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »

"Reagan, look at this guy. A Hollywood actor, he was the president of their acting union, did you know that? Reagan, president of the actors' union! You can't get more sick than that, folks. He said he was a conservative, but he supported amnesty for illegals, can you believe that? I don't like to judge, but, how do you get people to trust you if you're just opening our borders and letting everyone in? He's not trustworthy, folks. Not trustworthy. Iran-Contra? Talk about a bad trade deal. You thought the nuclear deal was bad? This guy gave them weapons for money, he sold weapons to the ayatollahs, it's disgraceful, folks. He shouldn't even be allowed to run. Somehow he manages to be Obama, but worse. Worse than Obama. He wasn't even born in California, he says he loves that place so much. I'm more of an East Coast kind of guy, if I'm being honest with you. Really a disgusting guy, if you think about it. A lot of people are saying he lost it by the end, I don't know. I don't like to speculate, but I've heard from a lot of people that Reagan isn't totally there, if you know what I mean."

Trump would absolutely destroy Reagan in a Republican primary.

There You Again Donald
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »

Maybe something like this (Reagan is in red and Trump is in blue):

Ohio and Wisconsin would be very close, but I would say that Trump would win them in the end.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 09:20:56 PM »

Maybe something like this (Reagan is in red and Trump is in blue):

Ohio and Wisconsin would be very close, but I would say that Trump would win them in the end.

I would Give Reagan: Ohio and Wisconsin from that map and give Trump: Michigan and Mississippi
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies