MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano  (Read 20514 times)
McGovernForPrez

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2018, 12:09:36 PM »

It's pretty telling that our Massachusets posters are supporting Capuano while the out-of-staters are rabid Pressley fans.

Tbh, most of the forum supports Capuano, regardless of residency (as shown by a poll on the forum recently). It's probably more that most Pressley supporters/voters are either POC or women, as Twitter indicates, and those demographic groups aren't Atlas posters.
There are plenty of POC and women who support Capuano. I've encountered a good number of them while campaigning. I think Capuano will get at least 35% of POC and probably more than 50% of women.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »

It's pretty telling that our Massachusets posters are supporting Capuano while the out-of-staters are rabid Pressley fans.

Tbh, most of the forum supports Capuano, regardless of residency (as shown by a poll on the forum recently). It's probably more that most Pressley supporters/voters are either POC or women, as Twitter indicates, and those demographic groups aren't Atlas posters.
There are plenty of POC and women who support Capuano. I've encountered a good number of them while campaigning. I think Capuano will get at least 35% of POC and probably more than 50% of women.

Yeah, I'm not saying that she'll win 100% of POC or women, just that a large majority of her supporters probably fall into either category, and that this forum is very male and very male (over 90% each).
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »

Yeah, I'm not saying that she'll win 100% of POC or women, just that a large majority of her supporters probably fall into either category, and that this forum is very male and very male (over 90% each).
Based on polling, you are somewhat correct. White voters break for Capuano by a large margin, while POC break for Pressley by a 60/40 margin, according to polling. But it should be noted that most of the upsets by lefties so far have been from white voters, so this may actually be the opposite.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2018, 12:50:53 PM »

God I feel like unless you live in this seat, the follow up and endless post match commentary is going to be much more unbearable than the actual result. Both Capuano, and Pressley seem to fit perfectly within both the MA, and wider Democratic ideology, neither have ethical, or personality flaws, and both would serve the district well.
So we’re just ignoring the fact that twice Capuano has been asked to call on a sexual harassing fellow congressperson to resign and twice he punted?

That strikes me as a personality flaw.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »

Welcome to the ring, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley.

Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2018, 08:06:30 PM »

People on Atlas have no idea what they're talking about part 1293819313
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »

Implying you’d give an [inks] about this race if Pressley were a white man Roll Eyes
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2018, 08:12:12 PM »

So either Capuano has decided to concede with him narrowly ahead and 8% reporting or someone is clickbaiting.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2018, 08:14:10 PM »

So either Capuano has decided to concede with him narrowly ahead and 8% reporting or someone is clickbaiting.
Problem is most of what's reported is his base.....
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2018, 08:15:16 PM »

Problem is most of what's reported is his base.....
Is there any evidence for that?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »

I don't even see anything reported
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »

I don't even see anything reported
It's reported on Vox.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2018, 08:22:25 PM »

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (D-MA)

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »

Weren’t you the one supporting Sara Jacobs in CA-49 and “moderate Donna Shalala” in FL-27?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2018, 08:33:23 PM »

what??? I guess only white areas came in if he conceded because it has narrowed...
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »

Weren’t you the one supporting Sara Jacobs in CA-49 and “moderate Donna Shalala” in FL-27?

Implying Bosse has an actual ideological agenda other than cramming as many X chromosomes into the House chamber as possible.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2018, 08:36:31 PM »

Another Democratic white male bites the dust?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2018, 08:38:11 PM »

Implying Bosse has an actual ideological agenda other than cramming as many X chromosomes into the House chamber as possible.

To be fair, Bosse is pro-choice.

That's about the only ideology I see in him besides being a pink cheerleader.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2018, 08:39:02 PM »

Implying you’d give an [inks] about this race if Pressley were a white man Roll Eyes

Dude... Chill. White men win plenty of offices. It's about time that the less talented of this over-represented group headed towards retirement--either voluntarily or through electoral defeat.

Look, Capuano isn't exactly the most silver-tongued orator and Pressely has a lot more star potential than he does. Its perfectly reasonable to replace an older, less exciting candidate with a new voice.

Remember when Mike Honda lost? He was a wonderful incumbent but lackluster af.

Meanwhile, in LA, African-American politicians in traditionally Black districts are losing to Latinos and Latinos are losing "Latino" districts to Asians. And Dems are looking at sending two native women to congress. Diversity is our strength and a diverse leadership is a more effective and more engaging leadership. That's why Gillum and Abrams are so exciting.

Meanwhile, even though white males are a small minority of Democratic primary voters, we are going to be electing straight white man Gavin Newsom as our next governor. And he has strong support from minority communities throughout the state.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2018, 08:40:09 PM »

Has Jeppe ever hid the fact that he/she will support a woman over a man under any circumstances?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2018, 08:41:21 PM »

Mike conceded
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2018, 08:42:58 PM »

Dude... Chill. White men win plenty of offices. It's about time that the less talented of this over-represented group headed towards retirement--either voluntarily or through electoral defeat.

Look, Capuano isn't exactly the most silver-tongued orator and Pressely has a lot more star potential than he does. Its perfectly reasonable to replace an older, less exciting candidate with a new voice.

Meanwhile, in LA, African-American politicians in traditionally Black districts are losing to Latinos and Latinos are losing "Latino" districts to Asians. And Dems are looking at sending two native women to congress. Diversity is our strength and a diverse leadership is a more effective and more engaging leadership. That's why Gillum and Abrams are so exciting.

Meanwhile, even though white males are a small minority of Democratic primary voters, we are going to be electing straight white man Gavin Newsom as our next governor. And he has strong support from minority communities throughout the state.

Capuano is easily one of best members of the House.  You’re telling me that of all the Congressmen, he’s the one who deserved a primary challenge?  Really?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »

Capuano is easily one of best members of the House.  You’re telling me that of all the Congressmen, he’s the one who deserved a primary challenge?  Really?
I mean, it not like he was entitled to no primary challenge, and he did the best he could. The unions just can't prop him up anymore, since with the new diversity.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »

Has Jeppe ever hid the fact that he/she will support a woman over a man under any circumstances?

I do occasionally support men over women, but usually when they actually contact me and ask for my vote. Otherwise I cheer for the woman because it's pretty fun (especially this year) and because it has very little impact on me or my life.
Rhenna
Gabor
United States

« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2018, 08:48:29 PM »

Had a feeling in recent days that Pressley would win. Would have preferred Capuano but I guess Pressley is okay. Her debate performance was bad though. It doesn't seem like Pressley is too substantially to the left of Capuano. Sigh.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies