MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:44:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano  (Read 20553 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (D-MA)

Weren’t you the one supporting Sara Jacobs in CA-49 and “moderate Donna Shalala” in FL-27?

Has Jeppe ever hid the fact that he/she will support a woman over a man under any circumstances?

I do occasionally support men over women, but usually when they actually contact me and ask for my vote. Otherwise I cheer for the woman because it's pretty fun (especially this year) and because it has very little impact on me or my life.

Would you support a pro life woman over a pro choice man?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (D-MA)

Weren’t you the one supporting Sara Jacobs in CA-49 and “moderate Donna Shalala” in FL-27?

Has Jeppe ever hid the fact that he/she will support a woman over a man under any circumstances?

I do occasionally support men over women, but usually when they actually contact me and ask for my vote. Otherwise I cheer for the woman because it's pretty fun (especially this year) and because it has very little impact on me or my life.

Would you support a pro life woman over a pro choice man?

I would be 99% likely to support the pro-choice man. I don't generally support Republican women.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2018, 08:56:28 PM »

People on Atlas have no idea what they're talking about part 1293819313

Implying you’d give an [inks] about this race if Pressley were a white man Roll Eyes

Dude... Chill. White men win plenty of offices. It's about time that the less talented of this over-represented group headed towards retirement--either voluntarily or through electoral defeat.

Look, Capuano isn't exactly the most silver-tongued orator and Pressely has a lot more star potential than he does. Its perfectly reasonable to replace an older, less exciting candidate with a new voice.

Remember when Mike Honda lost? He was a wonderful incumbent but lackluster af.

Meanwhile, in LA, African-American politicians in traditionally Black districts are losing to Latinos and Latinos are losing "Latino" districts to Asians. And Dems are looking at sending two native women to congress. Diversity is our strength and a diverse leadership is a more effective and more engaging leadership. That's why Gillum and Abrams are so exciting.

Meanwhile, even though white males are a small minority of Democratic primary voters, we are going to be electing straight white man Gavin Newsom as our next governor. And he has strong support from minority communities throughout the state.

Capuano is easily one of best members of the House.  You’re telling me that of all the Congressmen, he’s the one who deserved a primary challenge?  Really?
I mean, it not like he was entitled to no primary challenge, and he did the best he could. The unions just can't prop him up anymore, since with the new diversity.

Doesn’t mean I have to like seeing him go down like this.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2018, 08:56:37 PM »

Ayanna Pressley. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Andrew Gillum. Kara Eastman. Rashida Tlaib. Democratic primaries are keeping it interesting this year.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2018, 09:02:34 PM »

People on Atlas have no idea what they're talking about part 1293819313

Implying you’d give an [inks] about this race if Pressley were a white man Roll Eyes

Dude... Chill. White men win plenty of offices. It's about time that the less talented of this over-represented group headed towards retirement--either voluntarily or through electoral defeat.

Look, Capuano isn't exactly the most silver-tongued orator and Pressely has a lot more star potential than he does. Its perfectly reasonable to replace an older, less exciting candidate with a new voice.

Remember when Mike Honda lost? He was a wonderful incumbent but lackluster af.

Meanwhile, in LA, African-American politicians in traditionally Black districts are losing to Latinos and Latinos are losing "Latino" districts to Asians. And Dems are looking at sending two native women to congress. Diversity is our strength and a diverse leadership is a more effective and more engaging leadership. That's why Gillum and Abrams are so exciting.

Meanwhile, even though white males are a small minority of Democratic primary voters, we are going to be electing straight white man Gavin Newsom as our next governor. And he has strong support from minority communities throughout the state.

Capuano is easily one of best members of the House.  You’re telling me that of all the Congressmen, he’s the one who deserved a primary challenge?  Really?
I mean, it not like he was entitled to no primary challenge, and he did the best he could. The unions just can't prop him up anymore, since with the new diversity.

Doesn’t mean I have to like seeing him go down like this.
[/quote

Sorry, I don't think he's all that good at being a House member. Plus, he kinda sucks at messaging which became obvious in the campaign.

When you are an opposition party and there's partisan gridlock, messaging matters a lot.

Pressley's messaging is on point. Meanwhile, in California, we are saddled with a very experienced Capuanoesque State Party Chair with very regrettable messaging capabilities. He is talking about In-N-Out burgers when we could have had a dynamic black female party chair. And I supported him at the time...
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »

Forum Democrats:

When a black candidate unexpectedly defeats a white candidate, try not to sound like this Nazi douchebag:

https://twitter.com/yooroppawo/status/1037158786153103360

Thanks.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2018, 09:12:20 PM »

Forum Democrats:

When a black candidate unexpectedly defeats a white candidate, try not to sound like this Nazi douchebag:

Thanks.

Does he have a point, even if he is a Nazi? Does he have a point? Crowley, Capuano...
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #257 on: September 04, 2018, 09:13:10 PM »

Forum Democrats:

Thanks.

Does he have a point, even if he is a Nazi? Does he have a point? Crowley, Capuano...

Oh f**k off already you dingus
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #258 on: September 04, 2018, 09:16:15 PM »

There's literally no ideological basis to support both Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Donna Shalala. Plus they both probably hate each otber.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: September 04, 2018, 09:28:00 PM »

Forum Democrats:

Thanks.

Oh f**k off already you dingus

I don't believe what he is saying.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #260 on: September 04, 2018, 09:31:18 PM »

There's literally no ideological basis to support both Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Donna Shalala. Plus they both probably hate each otber.

What makes you think they hate each other? They obviously have a difference in policy, but I don't remember AOC endorsing an opponent of hers in the primary.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #261 on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:19 PM »

Well, I didn’t see this coming but am not surprised that it happened. The argument for change and new representation is a compelling one in a district that’s diverse, liberal, and young. I voted for Capuano but I was tempted to vote for Pressley, and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #262 on: September 04, 2018, 09:48:50 PM »

The moment Ayanna found out she won:

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #263 on: September 04, 2018, 10:38:09 PM »

The moment Ayanna found out she won:

Awww...
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #264 on: September 04, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »

Dem primary voters this year are beyond boring and quota-filling. It's annoying.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #265 on: September 04, 2018, 11:16:52 PM »

Dem primary voters this year are beyond boring and quota-filling. It's annoying.

Not nearly as annoying as your posts though. Then again, what is more annoying than that?
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #266 on: September 04, 2018, 11:18:10 PM »

Not nearly as annoying as your posts though. Then again, what is more annoying than that?
My posting style doesn't change the fact that Dem primary voters are dumber than a bag of rocks to play into identity politics over actual substance and accomplishments (AOC is an exception because she has the correct opinions).
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: September 04, 2018, 11:22:47 PM »

My posting style doesn't change the fact that Dem primary voters are dumber than a bag of rocks to play into identity politics over actual substance and accomplishments (AOC is an exception because she has the correct opinions).

Pressley is going to be one of the most liberal representatives in the country though.

Also, it’s not a good look to complain about a minority-majority district “playing into identities politics.”
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2018, 11:28:03 PM »

I'd hate to side with hofoid, but a majority minority district voting based on race pretty much IS the definition of "identity politics". And the idea that its not OK for a white person to represent such a district is no better than attacking the idea of a non-white person representing a majority white district.

That said this will have zero impact on partisan elections anywhere.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2018, 11:31:07 PM »

I'd hate to side with hofoid, but a majority minority district voting based on race pretty much IS the definition of "identity politics". And the idea that its not OK for a white person to represent such a district is no better than attacking the idea of a non-white person representing a majority white district.

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2018, 11:32:17 PM »

I’m not saying white people shouldnt be allowed to represent a minority-majority seat. What I am saying is that it’s stupid to whine about “IDENTITY POLITICS” when racial minorities vote to be represented by their own.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2018, 11:32:45 PM »

Imagine screaming "identity politics" to discredit a POC for winning an election.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2018, 11:33:18 PM »

Pressley looks like she ran even with white voters though, looking at where she won. It’s not just black voters flexing their muscle. Otherwise she wouldn’t have lost Somersville by a single point.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2018, 11:34:18 PM »

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #274 on: September 05, 2018, 12:19:33 AM »

We lost a progressive champion who had the courage to vote against the PATRIOT Act back in those dark days in the near aftermath of 9/11. Now we have someone who staked out exactly one position to the left of a long-term incumbent. I hope the residents of MA-07 enjoy their new lack of seniority, and I further hope a certain element on Atlas comes to the realization that being "dynamic," which Pressley is, is not the same thing as being "left," like AOC is.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies