MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:00:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-07: Boston City Councillor to Challenge Capuano  (Read 20545 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« on: February 15, 2018, 10:49:56 PM »
« edited: February 15, 2018, 10:51:44 PM by Singletxguyforfun »

I used to live close to this district basically I would say it breaks down as follows:
Cambridge: Capuano probably wins by 15
Somerville: Capuano wins big. (He used to be the mayor there)
Everett: Safe Capuano. Its next to Somerville
Chelsea: Very hispanic, but probably not going for a black candidate from boston. Likely Cap
East Boston: Safe Capuano
Allston-Brighton: Likely Capuano. Mostly white and home to BU and BC. Mix of students, yuppies, and hipsters. Most immigrants are Russians
Back Bay: Toss up. Its in Boston but its full of white liberals who always vote Capuano
Mission Hill: Probably Pressley. Very student heavy, but moonbat crazy students
Roxbury: Black inner city neighborhood Safe Pressley
Jamaica Plain/Hyde Park: Lean Pressley. Ethnically diverse, lot of students and hipsters
Mattapan: See Roxbury
Dorchester: Toss up. Many ethnic groups and evenly balanced. Not so crazy liberal as say Cambridge
West Milton: Toss up. Combination of black precincts next to Mattapan and rich white liberals
Randolph: Toss up. Black town but well rwmoved from Boston and sandwiched between purple towns Braintree, Holbrook, Avon and Canton

Overall Rating: Lean Capuano
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:35:20 AM »

I live in this district and can't think of any examples of liberals unseating liberals on demographics and half-generational differences (Capuano isn't that old) alone. If Capuano were a conservative who adopted some liberal votes, maybe, but he's fully embraced by progressives here and institutions and there is not discontent with him. The district is diverse but not overly so. Unless Pressley has some incredible off-the-charts organizing prowess I haven't seen, OR Sanders endorses her (which would be the real X factor; a Sanders faction swept Somerville city council last year), I don't see how Capuano doesn't cruise to a win again.

Maybe she's doing this as a dry run for future Boston races.

I doubt that about the mayor. Marty’s there as long as he wants, Boston usually has mayor-for-life
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:33:00 AM »

Hoping for a Pressley win. If she can get this close with just a month of campaigning, hopefully she can pull out a win.

Why? 

Because the Massachusetts delegation is all-white and severely lacking in women. It may not be important to you, but having proper representation of women and minorities in Congress is important for some people. Tough luck for Capuano, but times are changing.

What are you talking about? They have a “Native American” woman senator 😂
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 07:14:49 AM »

This is all happening because Seth Moulton made it hip and cool to primary incumbent Democrats here. The problem is all of our Democrats are a great fit for their district.

I don't think Lynch is a good fit for his district. McGovern appears not to be on the surface, but he's apparently popular.

Lynch is a great fit for his district. He’s moderate, working class back ground, and he’s from southie representing much of the south shore. Almost everyone there used to be from southie or Dorchester do he probsbly knows a huge amount of people in the district personally
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 09:03:19 AM »

For anyone interested, there is a debate at Umass Boston on Tuesday 8/7 at 3pm. Free to attend but you need to rsvp
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:56:14 AM »

There is a debate (Capuano vs. Pressley) at 3pm today at UMass Boston. I would have gone if I didn’t have work but if anyone else lives close and isn’t busy you should check it out
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »

I’m onboard for Capuano now
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies