Timeline Ideas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:06:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Timeline Ideas
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Timeline?
A More Central Empire

Die Rheingrenze

Across the Ohio

The Roman Bonaparte

Norton's Empire

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: Timeline Ideas  (Read 368 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »
« edited: January 31, 2018, 01:36:54 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

so, as an avid fan of Alternative History, I would like to give 5 ideas for some timelines that I may write. You just vote. Voting will end on Friday at 12:30 PM EST

1. A More Central Empire: The War of the Spanish Succession ends almost like OTL, except that a last ditch offensive in Catalonia by the Alliance in 1707 sees the Kingdom of Catalonia becoming it's own Nation with Charles as Carlos I of Catalonia following the treaty of Utrecht. At the same time, Frederick the great marries Maria Theresa and George I and II die before Frederick von Hanover is of age.

2. Die Rheingrenze: (Translation: The Rhine Border) The French Navy are able to properly meet and communicate with the Spanish Navy in 1805 and are able to crush the Royal Navy in an engagement decisive enough to clear the way for Napoleon Bonaparte to cross the channel and force Britain out of the war. Because of this brilliant strategy, Prussia bides her time and instead allies with France to take down Austria and Russia. The rest of the Timeline covers the rivalry between Prussia and France after the 1st Napoleonic Wars.

3. Across the Ohio: A civil war happens in 1798 after then President Aaron Burr attempts to abolish slavery in all territories. The following years are the events of there being two American Nations since the very beginning with Aaron Burr able to blame his rival Federalists for the Loss and effectively create a one-party state in the old US.

4. The Roman Bonaparte: instead of dying like in OTL, Napoleon II lives and is able to become remove the Pope in the Papal States and unite Italy via the Kingdom of Rome. What happens next is the events of a Napoleonic Italy.

5. Norton's Empire: In 1862, following a series of defeats during the Civil War that are more severe than in OTL, California and Oregon as well as Nevada and Washington decide to abandon ship while they still could and secede from the Union, declaring the crazy Joshua Norton as King of the new country if in Name only. The events that happens next as this new Western nation fights for it's right to be around.

which one do you all want to see and tell me why.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length