Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:04:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Change: The 2016 Election Game. (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 10603 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2018, 12:30:11 AM »

Iowa City, IA

October 16, 2015

You must be logged in to read this quote.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2018, 12:50:51 AM »

Ad #1 for Governor Jindal

"Crossroads"

To be aired in South Carolina, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire

America is at a crossroads.
(Close up on girl running through wheat field to a road crossing)

(Girl looks in both directions)

One direction, change.

The other, the same old ways of every other presidency.

One leads to a reborn conservative movement, and the other leads to the death of the conservative movement.

One advocates for keeping their promises and doing politics differently, and the other advocates to keep the Washington machine running.

One advocates for a secure nation, and the other advocates what ever the focus groups say.

And only one advocates for a future.

(Girl runs to the brighter side)

(Cut to black)

It's decision time.

I'm Bobby Jindal, and I approve this message.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2018, 10:53:51 AM »

Mattis campaigns in Concord New Hampshire on Wall Street Reform

My friends we have been promised by politicians over and over again that they will go hard on Wall Street.

However it turns out to be another lie. Obama and Hillary said that would but it turns out they are just another pawn of Wall Street and the same can be said about most of my Republican opponents.  They keep helping Wall Street over and over with these bailouts and their special tax breaks and privileges.

And don’t give me that but what about Dodd Frank? That actually helped out the bigger banks even more and hit small mom and pop banks really hard and it ruinied any type of competitive action between them and the bigger banks.

Now this may not be popular to some but as President I promise a proposal to go hard after Wall Street and I will propose a new Glass Stegall Act and will make sure that no bank is too big to fall and that smaller competitors can have a chance! Thank you!! *Crowd claps*
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2018, 03:14:58 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2018, 03:55:58 PM by terp40hitch »

Rob Portman's Fourth Advertisement Buy

Economic Freedom

Bought in New Hampshire

Carly Fiorina-" New Hampshire the live free or die state and New Hampshire should support somebody who will allow not only people but also companies to having more freedom in choosing their choices. Many of you don't know me but I am the former CEO of HP Carly Fiorina and I know how killing the regulations put on by the government is to as something as big as McDonald's or something as small as a Mom and Pop store."

Carly Fiorina-"That is why I endorsed Rob Portman earlier this week."

Rob Portman-"I am going to end job-killing regulations put in place by the Obama Administration and allow business to make their own decisions. That is why business leaders like Carly and others have joined my campaign."

Carl Fiorina-"We need Senator Portman in the Oval Office next year so he can fight for small business around the country, please join his campaign at PortmanForPresident.com."

"I am Rob Portman and I approve this message"
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2018, 03:52:20 PM »

Surrogate Schedule October 5-18

Maggie Hassan

Town halls in rural New Hampshire to talk to voters about the partnership she plans to strike up as Senator with a Napolitano Presidency on issues of healthcare reform, the opioid epidemic, and foreign policy. She calls Napolitano a "strong leader," and "the best candidate for New Hampshire."

Jeanne Shaheen

When Senator Shaheen is back in New Hampshire from Washington, she holds rallies for Napolitano and Maggie Hassan, talking about the importance of women in leadership. She holds a joint rally with Hassan on education reform, saying that a Napolitano administration would completely rethink education policy, do away with nationalized testing, and work with states to delegate funds to underfunded school systems.

Harry Reid

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid announces his support for Janet Napolitano saying, "Janet is from our neighboring state, and many Nevadans wish she had ended up as our Governor. But, now we have the chance to make her President. It is on us as Democrats to nominate someone who won't back down from a fight, and will show Republicans that we mean business."

Harry Reid held several rallies and public forums in Sparks , Reno, Las Vegas, and Henderson. He spoke about Napolitano's vision for energy independence, using Nevada as an example. "For many years, Republicans have given us a false choice, either clean energy, or energy independence. We, here in this state, know that this isn't the case. We can ramp up solar production in the Sun Belt, and retrain our displaced working class to help build the panels and work maintenance. That's Janet's vision. The other candidates will try to tell you that we can't dream of policies that big, but Janet has a plan in place to help make Nevada a shining example of energy in the US."

Kathleen Sebelius

Former HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius spent her time touring the Great Plains, starting in Kansas, going through Missouri, Nebraska, Missouri, and ending with a joint rally in Iowa with Janet Napolitano. During these rallies and town halls, Sebelius highlighted Napolitano's plan for energy independence and wind power in the Plains. "Janet's plan for wind power will make this region of our country a center for wind energy jobs. She not only will protect your right to healthcare, but will also help revitalize our economy with energy independence."

Sebelius also highlighted her time implementing the ACA, and the need to keep it up and running. She talked about Napolitano's commitment to building a universal healthcare system in the United States, with a public option for coverage.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2018, 09:52:33 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2018, 10:01:41 AM by terp40hitch »

State of the Union with Jake Tapper interviewing Rob Portman

Jake Tapper-"I would to thank Senator Portman for joining us today."

Rob Portman-"Well I would like to thank you for the chance of being able to talk to the voters, show them my record and show them what a Portman presidency would be like."

Jake Tapper-" Ok let's start off by asking how you fell about the latest developments in the presidential race with the suspension of Chris Christie, Rick Santorum, Mark Dayton and Joe Sestak."

Rob Portman-"Well to start off I would like to thank them all for their time in the race, they all brought a different perspective to the race. Though I didn't always agree with them I do hope they have a happy life after politics. I also would like to thank Governor Christie for his endorsement early this week."

Jake Tapper-"Now, you have focused your campaign on the opioid crisis and human trafficking and many in the political are wondering why?"

Rob Portman-"It is very simple, people are sick and tired of hearing a bunch of fighting and Rhetoric. People want to hear about issues facing communities across the country. I have seen in my own states how people are dying because of the opioid crisis but still, President Obama put politics over people and will not call it the opioid epidemic. People are sick and tired of it, people want to hear solutions and that is what I give them."

Jake Tapper-"I am so sorry we have to cut your interview short because we have to go to commercial."

Rob Portman-"Thank you so much!"
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »

Bredesen ad 'No more Partisan games' to play in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, and Tennessee throughout all of October

ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

Vespucci
United States

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »

Deval Patrick 2016
Protection and Progress

October 4-5: Patrick meets with voters in Columbia, South Carolina
October 6: Patrick holds a rally in Columbia
October 7: Patrick visits Fort Jackson
October 8: Patrick barnstorms in Orangeburg County
October 9: Patrick meets with voters in Orangeburg
October 10: Patrick holds a rally in Orangeburg
October 11: Patrick barnstorms in Dorchester County
October 12: Patrick barnstorms in Charleston County
October 13-14: Patrick campaigns in Charleston
October 15: Patrick visits the Emmanuel AME Church in Charleston, location of the June shooting that left 9 dead
October 16: Patrick holds a rally in Charleston
October 17: Patrick flies to Des Moines, Iowa and meets with voters
October 18: Patrick meets with voters in Des Moines
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »

Mattis campaign ad called He was there

Mattis voiceover:Throughout my career in the Marine Corps I’ve been there for every occasion and  situation.

When trouble was in Lebanon I was there.

When Grenda was under threat I was there.

When Panama has to be liberated I was there

When Kuwait’s democracy was under attack I was there to stop it.

When Saddam Hussein’s reign of chaos had to come to a end and when the Taliban’s reign of terror came to a end after 9/11 I was there in both occasions.

And when a nation attacks our country and our way of live.  I will be there to stop it as President.

No one in the race is more qualified for president than me. That’s a guarantee from me.

I’m James Mattis and I will always apporve this message. 

Vespucci
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2018, 06:24:13 PM »

Deval Patrick ad "Real" to air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas

Voice-over: Climate change is real.

Voice-over: That's just a factual statement; ask any scientist and they'll tell you the same. But some politicians don't seem to realize that.

Voice-over: We need to stop arguing the reality of something so obviously true. Instead, we need to look for solutions.

Voice-over: Deval Patrick will push Congress to finally do something about our environment. And if they can't get it done, he'll do it himself.

Voice-over: Our planet is at a crossroads, and it's time to take action.

I'm Deval Patrick and I approve this message.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2018, 08:07:02 AM »

What Mattis Did Part 1

Mattis campaigned on trade and tax reform in Iowa and appeared on the Ellen show when we did a skit with Ellen as a milltary private and Mattis as a Milltary General.  The skit was found funny and went viral.

Mattis also campaigned on border reform and criminal justice reform.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2018, 10:25:47 AM »

Mattis campaigns on tax reform in Iowa

We have a broken tax code. For the past several years we have had people who work hard just to earns ends meet and still they end up seeing their taxes go up and their paycheck get smaller.
There is something we need to do about it!

They say it will help out our roads,our healthcare and education if we raise taxes on Amercians and it is nessacray.

I beg to differ! The thing is the government just wants to steal your money and just laugh at you.

As President I will cut taxes for every hard working American and businesses and make our tax codes simpler and our tax brackets much simpler!! We will abolish the IRS and abolish all hidden fees that live inside our tax system!   

We also will extend all tax credits like the Child tax credit and the family tax credit.  We will also cut our corporate tax rate so that we can be more competitive in global markets and make sure this country is the best to do business.   With my tax plan our economy will boom again!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2018, 12:13:14 AM »

Janet Napolitano Campaign Schedule October 5-18th

October 5th

Meet with constituents in Charleston, South Carolina

"I hear your struggles, I hear your challenges. I know that so many working class communities and communities of color were left behind by the economic recovery. It's time for a change. I plan on making a federal program to retrain displaced workers, putting our people into good-paying, green jobs of the future."

October 6th

Rally in Colombia about Local Revitalization

"This community, in many ways, is a shining city on a hill. It is an example of what the future of cities in America looks like. I plan on using Colombia's urban redevelopment plan on a national scale, because it works. I plan on working with Governors to allocate funds to cities that are underwater, losing population, and need a helping hand. These funds will go to renovating downtowns, to bidding for tech jobs, green jobs, and healthcare professionals to let our best and brightest bring innovation to cities across this country, and to help small businesses stay afloat, if Wall Street deserves a bailout, so does Main Street. This funding will be heavily overseen by HUD, and will be our path forward to an even better tomorrow."

October 7th

Tour of Rural South Carolina, with town halls across the state

"It is way past time for the United States government to push for a fiber optic infrastructure in our rural communities. The largest success gap between our rural and urban communities is internet access. Now, I know this is a bit of a nerdy subject, but I'm a bit of a nerd, and I believe it is a groundbreaking innovation for American workers. What is necessary info here is that fiber optics provide fast, secure Internet access without the need of a satellite, and companies have the ability to provide it. However, the cost of laying this fiber is large, and companies refuse to think of you as any more than a number on a receipt, here's where my plan comes in. We ensure and require the electricity and plumbing of Americans, but we have long left behind Internet access. It's time to reclassify the Internet as a utility, and stop treating it like a privilege, just to benefit corporate America at the detriment of American workers."

October 8th

Janet Napolitano travels to Atlanta, Georgia with a rally on urban revitalization, and a town hall on protecting Obama's legacy.

October 9th

Town hall in Hanover, New Hampshire on the opioid crisis

"There is a clear scourge on our communities, in many forms, with opioid abuse and overdose. We owe it to our people to have a plan to combat this epidemic. It is time to partner with doctors, police, first responders, and experts to create a task force to ensure the safety of our citizens. Step one is to have training of all public officials, doctors, police officers, paramedics, and even our school nurses, on the administering of drugs like narcan to counteract the effects of overdose. Past that, we need a public/private overhaul of our addiction programs, 12 steps don't work for everyone, and it's time to admit that. What we need to do is equip our officials with training to recognize the warning signs of addiction, and a focus on rehabilitation rather than pure punishment. In truth, we can't punish an addict for their addiction, but we can punish the suppliers, dealers, and those who take advantage of our friends and neighbors struggling with the monster of addiction, which is why I would increase oversight of dealers of opioids."

October 10th

Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia on Education Reform

"I have experience in the secondary education system, and I can tell you, it needs work. Our students are expected to take on a lifelong debt in order to get ahead in our modern world. That's why I intend to completely overhaul public education standards, teaching our children the skills of the future, like coding, soft skills, and adaptability, instead of focusing on a single test score for the end of the year. The next step is to allow all in-state tuition to be covered at community schools, letting our young people without the funds to still get a foot in the door in our economy."

October 11th

Tour of historically black churches in North Charleston

"We are called to serve, to help our fellow man, and right now our government isn't living up to that call. We seem to be so ready to forget about any woman, person of color, or LGBT brother or sister in the name of political expediency. It is a travesty that communities like this live in fear of the very people who are meant to protect them. Well, I want to tell you, Black Lives Matter. I have a long history of support of our servicemen and women, but, something is going very wrong here. Your sons and daughters shouldn't be afraid to walk home at night, and our officers should understand your communities, and know your families so this never happens here. As part of my platform, I recommend a community policing program, hiring of officers from within their own communities, and requiring their training to include an immersion into those communities, to get to know who they protect. Our world is best when people understand their neighbors, and we are safest when those who are meant to protect us, know us."

October 12th

Rally in Sioux City, Iowa

"How are we supposed to be the land of opportunity if our workers live in fear that their jobs will be taken away from automated factory lines. Not to sound apocalyptic here, but there's a real problem of robots taking our hardworking people's jobs, and we aren't talking about the Terminator here. We're talking about assembly lines make of machines putting together moving parts, we're talking about stripping of mines without the need of one person with a pickax, and we're talking about farm innovations that allow for fewer workers to actually farm our fields. Now, I have to say, innovation is a positive thing. Which is why we have solutions to these displaced workers. First, an automation tax, which would halt incentivizing companies for replacing human beings, who deserve a fair wage, with machines, which aren't being paid. The next is a partnership between the federal government and private companies to retrain workers in green and tech jobs, spurring economic growth throughout our communities."

October 13th

Tour of public schools in Ames, Iowa, talking with teachers

"Our teachers are overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. We ask them to buy their own supplies, to come in early, to stay late, and even to parent. That's why, along with reforms to education policy at large, I will begin to allocate more funds to our schools, to make sure that parents and teachers do not have to fork over their own money to purchase supplies for our children."

October 14th

Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on automation

October 15th

Rally in Des Moines with Kathleen Sebelius

"The ACA was an important step forward in our healthcare policy, and we can not allow this to be destroyed for political talking points. The Affordable Care Act was the foundation of the future of healthcare policy here in the United States. One solution to problems in the system currently was struck down in its inception, a public option. Everyone hears this and bristles, but what it means is that the government offers healthcare at a reasonable price, setting the standard for private insurance companies. What it does is assures you that you will have a plan, employed or not, sick or healthy. It's that simple. Healthcare is a human right, and we are failing our citizens."

October 16

Tour of Corn Processing Plants in Cedar Rapids, talking with local press about the importance of Iowa's agriculture nationwide

October 17th

Rally in St. Louis, Missouri on income inequality

"Our country has lost its way since my parents' generation. Back a few decades ago, you could work hard, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and make a secure livelihood. Now, our richest get richer, our poorest suffer, and our middle class shrinks. I am the candidate of economic solutions, not just rabblerousing and barnburning for the sake of it. Don't get me wrong, I'm mad as hell for you. I'm angry that this country is letting you down. I'm angry that we've forgotten about you. But, that's why I'm here, fighting this fight, laying out these plans, and touring the country on your behalf. My economic policy is one that will benefit the middle class, cut out the imbalance in our system, and is achievable."

October 18th

Policy Announcement in Las Vegas, Nevada

"So, I see that we've got quite the excited crowd today, and I feel every ounce of what you're feeling and send it back to you. I've spent the past weeks touring this country, meeting with people who are dissatisfied by what both parties have set forth for them economically. I want to announce, here in one of the hardest working cities I've been to, a policy that my team and I have done extensive research on. We want to put forth a system of Universal Basic Income based on the Alaska Permanent Fund right here in the US. How this would work is that every American would receive an income from the government based on money earned from energy production, in any form. It is our belief, and that of Alaska, that this land belongs to all citizens of the United States, and so does the income that is produced from it. This system may seem radical, but we have a long history of success in our state of Alaska, and I am confident of its implementation on a national scale. There are countless studies that show that the best way to promote innovation and reduce poverty is to give people the funds to do so, and this system does just that, but with a consistent way to pay for it."
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2018, 03:08:53 AM »

Cruz Campaign Schedule: October 5th - 18th

October 5th - Speech in Waterloo, Iowa on the Right to Life

"It's wonderful to be in the great State of Nevada, and who better to greet me than a room full of courageous conservative patriots? Nevada, being part of America's wild west tradition, embodies the independence and rugged determination that makes our country so great. Unlike our current President, I won't rule as a King with a magic pen and phone that can make law appear out of nowhere. I will respect the independent nature of our states restore the 10th amendment to its true self. I hope you will all give me the chance to lead and chart a course towards a brighter future. Thank you so much and God bless this great state!"

October 11th - Hold Meet and Greet in Reno, NV.

"I know that many of you in the room have already graced me with your support. For that I am grateful. To those in here who have not yet come to that decision, let's meet and talk about the issues that are important to you. I will respond to you truthfully and with the full conviction of my heart. I will show you that my brand of conservatism is not about anger or divisiveness, but instead freedom and a full-fledged American come back. I look forward to talking to you over the next several hours. Thank you!"

October 12th - 14th - Return to DC to Fulfill Senatorial Duties.

October 15th - Travel to Greenville, SC - Hold Joint Rally with Trey Gowdy.

From CNN: "Early this afternoon, Presidential candidate Ted Cruz and Congressman Trey Gowdy held a joint-rally in Greenville, South Carolina, part of Gowdy's 4th Congressional District. First, Congressman Gowdy talked-up Cruz's conservative credentials and explained why a vote for Cruz was a vote for 'reigniting the soul of America'. Cruz then spoke and repeatedly thanked Gowdy for his support and began to outline his plans for what he called a 'great American revival'. Over 2,500 people were in attendance at the rally."

October 16th - Hold Fundraiser with Prominent Conservatives in South Carolina

"I am a fighter. I believe in fighting, tooth and nail, against the radical liberal agenda proposed by the Democrats and the mushy, moderate agenda proposed by other Republicans in this race. I will fight for the ideas of economic freedom, religious liberty, and limited government with every fiber of my being. As you all, in this room, know, in order to see these ideas take hold, I'm going to need your financial support. I ask you to give to our campaign, so we can see our country return to the principles it needs and the greatness it deserves. Thank you!"

October 17th - 18th - Participate in Debate Prep for Upcoming Debate.

"After strenuous preparation, I feel fully ready to stand before the American people on the debate stage and make my case."
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2018, 06:35:58 PM by ⒼℜAⱾŠℛ⭕️ ⭕️ t 𝐒🇺🇸 »

Turn #4:
October 18th - November 3rd 2015

(Same rules as a standard turn. The turn lasts 72 hours with an optional 24 hour extension.)

RCP: Republican Primary:
Ted Cruz: 19%
Rob Portman: 19%
Rand Paul: 18%
Bobby Jindal: 17%
Jim Mattis: 10%
Rick Santorum: 7%
Undecided: 10%

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Phil Bredesen: 21%
Hillary Clinton: 20%
Bernie Sanders: 19%
Deval Patrick: 16%
Janet Napolitano: 15%
Undecided: 9%

Ind: Angus King: 2%

News:

-Chris Christie drops out of race for president.

-J.K Butterfield suspends campaign for president.

-Jim Hodges ends presidential campaign.

-Angus King runs for president with an independent bid.

Endorsements:

Jim Mattis:
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
-John Kelly

Deval Patrick:
-Eric Holder
-John Lewis

Bernie Sanders:
-Tom Harkin
-Jeff Merkley

Rand Paul:
-Larry Hogan

Janet Napolitano:
-Emily List

Rob Portman:
-Jeb Bush
-Jon Huntsman

Ted Cruz
-Mike Huckabee
-Ben Carson

Bobby Jindal
-Rick Scott

Phil Bredesen
-Maria Cantwell
-Dianne Fienstein

(Debates will be posted later today next turn as well as state polling.)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2018, 01:49:22 PM »

Mattis interview with undecided voters on CNN

Question 1:Hi there Mr Mattis I seen you and your candidacy often mostly online rather than the news.  I was just wondering. You are pretty different from the other candidates in the primaries. You seem more populist and have said some things Republicans I have never seen said before? Why should I vote for you.

Mattis:Well I want to be a different kind of Republican you see. One who doesn’t take money from donors like Wall Street or Big Pharma.  Someone who I don’t think has what it takes yet to be president yet like Ted Cruz. At the sametime however being someone new whille not being a stranger to the idea of running for President.  Nobody is more experienced to take on Milltary matters than me in this race and that is not a exaggeration.  We already saw in 2008 what happens when we elect a unexpected person to the White House.

Question 1:Thank you I will consider voting for you.

Question 2:Hi yes you seem a bit populist and more moderate on some cases. Can you believe explain why that doesn’t hurt you?

Mattis:Well I would consider myself a mild reformer. I am not too populist unlike someone like Rand Paul.
And whille yes I am moderate I do believe in being pro life and defunding planned parenthood to save money in these days of mindless spending from our government l.  I am for a pretty big tax cut and a balence budget and for free trade. Yes I am for gun rights and with that yes I am moderate on some issues like LGBT rights and science but I would consider myself conservative enough for this party.

Question 2:Thank you I understand now

Question 3:I saw your “He was there ad” Pretty powerful. What do you plan to due to make healthcare cheaper and better to afford in this country?

Mattis:Well I promise in my first 100 days that I would fully repeal and replace Obamacare and all its mandates and it’s taxes. I would replace it with a government and corporate free competitive healthcare system where you can have a say on would you want as your doctor, What type of Insurance do you want and be able to buy it from state lines. I want smaller companies to be able to compete with bigger ones so that cheaper drugs that could make a difference can appear on the marketplace and that you don’t want to go out of the country in order to get it.

Question 3:Thank you very much sir you have my vote.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2018, 06:50:02 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 03:34:12 PM by Mycool »

Janet Napolitano Airs Ad “Tough” in IA, NH, SC, NV, and online

“Our world has become more complicated and less certain. The entanglements in the Middle East are still tightly wound, our reputation around the world has just started to rebound, and our economy is showing signs of an uneven recovery.

In times like these, we need steady, experienced leadership more than ever before.”

“Janet Napolitano is used to fighting for Americans every day. She won a governor’s race in a red state, with a popular Republican president, she served as Secretary of Homeland Security, making sure you could go about your daily lives without fear, and now, she’s running for President.”

“Secretary Napolitano has received the endorsement of Emily’s List because of her commitment to fighting for women’s access to healthcare. She wrote immigration reform for President Obama to protect children from losing the only home they’ve known. She has fought to help Americans every step of her career.”

“The Presidency is tough, and so is Janet Napolitano.”
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2018, 12:03:19 AM »

Second Republican Presidential Debate
September 22, 2015 in Milwaukee WI.
Hosted by CBS.

ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2018, 05:49:01 AM »

King Campaign schedule

Oct. 18: Travel to Caribou, Maine for rally.

Oct. 19th: Town Hall in Portland, Maine

Oct. 20th: King appears on 'Morning Joe to talk more about the economy

Oct. 21st: Speak with parents and teachers at Stuyvesant High School in New York City.

Oct. 22nd-24th: Barnstorming across the New England area, including for other smaller candidates running under his "Third way" Party. Talking in detail about the problems  our two party system has caused and the need for change on that front.

Oct. 25th: Fly to San Fransisco to participate in a fundraiser with the Sierra Club.

Oct. 26th: Travel to Window Rock, Arizona to speak with Navajo leaders about Native American issues.

Oct. 27th: Host AmA on Reddit

Oct. 28th-30th: Return to D.C for Senate work.

Oct. 31st: Host haunted house at home in Maine, dressed as a clown, when asked, King states "I've been told this is how I am seen by my opponents, so I thought I'd humor them.

Nov. 1st-5th: Mostly spent resting, then meetings with campaign staff, and calls with various campaigners for the 3rd way movement. Mostly bureaucratic stuff.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2018, 09:39:25 AM »

Mattis debate answers part 1
1.- Opening Statements.

Hi I’m James Mattis I am a high ranking general of the United States Marine Corps.  I’ve served from every War from Lebanon to Iraq.
I have been well respected and one person you don’t want to see on the Battlefield.

2.How to fix the economy

Well I believe in cutting taxes for working Amercian people and working Amercian business.   I also personally believe that we should cut most of the red tape that Washington and this administration has put on the Amercian people.  There are too many taxes on Amercian people and businesses in which that drives away from people wanting to do business and live here.  We shall cut our corporate tax rate to 15% so that we can be able to complete in a global market and be able to drive more business to move their headquarters and factories here giving Amercians more opportunities to find good paying jobs.  We shall  renegotiate free trade deals like NAFTA,CAFTA or TPP and make sure that they are fairer and better for this country and it’s people.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2018, 10:07:46 AM »

Mattis debate answers part 2
3.Why are you the most qualified?
Mattis:One of the most important issues in the election is what is going on in the Middle East and the rise of ISIS. President Obama has set our Milltary back to World War I level and we still have to rely on old  Cold War era fighter jets and planes to get the job done and reply on millta groups that we know nothing about.  When ISIS attacked Garland Obama did nothing whatsoever and when I feel like in the next unfortunately case in which a ISIS or Islamic terrorists strikes Amercia that he won’t blame ISIS or the motive and rather we will blame something else.

I have said it before and I will said it again there is no one more qualified on Milltary matter than me and I am not bragging about it.  It’s  the truth and the truth shall guide us in these times.

As President we will rebuild our milltary and we will be the Milltary powerhouse once again that we used to be.  We shall start putting out background checks against people we are arming just to make sure these “moderate” rebels are actually with us and not really fighting for the terrorists. 
ISIS is our biggest threat in today’s world and if we had real leadership ISIS wouldn’t even be a issue today.

Case in point when I become president ISIS will be WASWAS.

Closing statement:Thank you CBS for allowing me to be here today and thank you to the  audience in the crowd that decided to come here and hear what I had to say.  We may not be in a good position in the pollls now but something tells me something big  is coming.  Amercia is tired of  corrupt  establishment politicians in DC who lie their way to the top and they finally now want something different. 

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2018, 04:53:19 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2018, 06:51:34 PM by terp40hitch »

Rob Portman Debate Answers

Portman-"People can't afford four more years of partisan turmoil in Washington. We need a president that will care more about the United States than his own party. We need a president that brings results starting on day one, I am your guy.

When I am in Washington next January I will start fixing our economy, I will start fixing our budget and I will start caring about what real Americans face every day. That is why I have the opioid crisis and human trafficking as main parts of my campaign.

I am going to bring results on day one to hardworking Americans across this country, all I need is your vote!"

Portman-"Our economy is in one of the worst shapes it has ever been still President Obama decided to wage a war against coal and corporations. The fact of the matter is when you start attacking coal and corporations it doesn't hurt the guy's at the top, it hurts the people working down in the mines and the people running small businesses. That is why one day one I am going to get rid of all the job-killing regulations put in place by the Obama administration."

Portman-"The fact on the matter is people that are out there don't care if you are the most conservative, frankly if you want that candidate then I am not your candidate. People care about if they can get results, I can.

If you care about a candidate that can get results then I am your candidate. I showed results when I was a congressman in the nineties, I showed results when I worked with Bush, I show results every day as a senator and I am going to show results when I am president."

Portman-"By the end of the first week of the Portman presidency people will already be able to see massive results.  We are going to pull out of the disastrous Iran deal, we are going to end all the job-killing regulations and we are officially going call the opioid crisis the opioid epidemic and give states proper tools to deal with it. Just think of what the Portman Administration it will look after four years."

Portman-"I hope now it is clear that a Portman administration will be one of the results. I will put people over the politics of Washington and help people across this country from Maine to California. I hope I can count on your vote next November, thank you Wisconsin!"
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 06:57:54 PM by terp40hitch »

Rob Portman Schedule from October 19th to November 3rd

Nevada: October 19th to October 21st

October 19th

Carson City, Nevada: Phonebanking with Volunteers

Carson City, Nevada: Rally with Portman, Governor Sandoval, and Senator Heller

October 20th

Elko, Nevada: Opening Fourth Nevada Campaign Headquarters

Fallon, Nevada: Fundraiser with Portman

Fallon, Nevada: Meet and Greet with Volunteers

October 21st

Ely, Nevada: Townhall with Portman

Wisconsin: October 22nd

Milwaukie, Wisconsin: Debate Prep

Milwaukie, Wisconsin: Debate

Iowa: October 23rd

October 23rd

Iowa City, Iowa

Des Moine, Iowa: Meet and Greet with Volunteers

Council Bluff, Iowa: Townhall with Portman

New Hampshire: October 24th to October 30th

October 24th

Nashua, New Hampshire: Rally with Portman

Concord, New Hampshire: Fundraiser with Portman

October 25th

Manchester, New Hampshire: Endorsement Rally with Former Governor Jeb Bush, Former Governor Jon Huntsman, and Portman

Manchester, New Hampshire: Fundraiser with Former Governor Huntsman and Portman

Manchester, New Hampshire: Fundraiser with Former Governor Bush and Portman

October 26th

Concord, New Hampshire: Phone Banking with Volunteers

October 27th to 28th

Manchester, New Hampshire: Strategy with New Hampshire Field Staff

October 29th

Nashua, New Hampshire: Rally with Portman and Former Governor Judd Gregg

Dixville Notch, New Hampshire: Meet and Greet with Voters

October 30th

Concord, New Hampshire: Townhall with Portman

Portsmouth, New Hampshire: Townhall with Portman

Manchester, New Hampshire: Unveiling New Campaign Bus

Massachuetts: November 1st to 2nd

November 1st

Boston, Massachusetts: Met with Former Republican Nominee and Former Governor Mitt Romney

November 2nd

Boston, Massachusetts: Rally with Portman and Governor Baker

Virginia: November 3rd

November 3rd

Fairfax, Virginia: Rally with Portman and Carly Fiorina

Norfolk, Virginia: Townhall with Portman

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2018, 12:24:41 PM »

What Mattis did 2
Mattis campaigned in South Carolina to his fellow Marines on Parris Island and campagined around the state on milltary matters and trade.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies