If I could travel back in time to 1791 and tell the founding fathers to do something, I'd...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:36:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  If I could travel back in time to 1791 and tell the founding fathers to do something, I'd...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If I could travel back in time to 1791 and tell the founding fathers to do something, I'd...  (Read 270 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2019, 01:37:15 PM »
« edited: May 28, 2019, 01:41:01 PM by Stephen Curry is Awesome »

Tell George Washington-Ben Franklin(who were conservatives at the time, who made the constitution, but were Whigs, not Tories-fighting slavery): The EC college and Senate should be reallocated by proportional voting with EC college and by direct election of senators instead of state legislatures. As a result, the need for the protection against females and slaves from influencing elections, would be brought down by the 13th and 20th Amendments. Both proposed by a secular Republican Lincoln and a centrist Democrat named Wilson.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 07:52:00 PM »

I presume you meant the 19th rather than the 20th amendment in your ramble, since the 19th dealt with women's suffrage while the 20th just changed when Congressional and Presidential terms began and clarified what happens when there is no majority in the EC.

Considering that Wilson was staunchly opposed to women's suffrage until well into the Great War, I can't see how anyone can say he proposed it. He wasn't a bitter-ender on the subject, but he wasn't a primary mover either.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies