Israeli Police to Recommend Corruption Indictment of Prime Minister Netanyahu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:24:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli Police to Recommend Corruption Indictment of Prime Minister Netanyahu
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israeli Police to Recommend Corruption Indictment of Prime Minister Netanyahu  (Read 1492 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »

http://www.newsweek.com/israel-benjamin-netanyahu-indicted-media-reports-801069

I saw this on the front page of Reddit randomly. Wow, what a bombshell, I was not aware at all of Netanyahu facing any corruption issues this serious. It is definitely time for a change though in Israel as he has been around for far too long.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »

Maybe he'll be nailed for interfering with the 2012 US Presidential election.

Oh right, no one cares about that.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:16:35 PM »

Should Obama be indicted for attempting to interfere with the Israeli election?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:33:25 AM »

Should Obama be indicted for attempting to interfere with the Israeli election?

Foreign governments interfere in other Governments elections all the time. It's when it works, like what Russia has been doing, that's the problem.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 04:22:24 AM »

Nailing a war criminal for corruption would be as delightfully ironic as nailing Capone for tax stuff.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 04:31:46 AM »

Nailing a war criminal for corruption would be as delightfully ironic as nailing Capone for tax stuff.

Well, then we should probably nail every Western leader in the past decades for corruption if we want to achieve peak irony. Most of them, after all, commited much worse "war crimes" than Netanyahu did.

Also, I'm not yet ready to rejoice about his downfall- I'm waiting for an actual indictment, then I can be cautiously optimistic. We sorely need change from this disgusting first family.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 02:43:52 PM »

Well, then we should probably nail every Western leader in the past decades for corruption if we want to achieve peak irony. Most of them, after all, commited much worse "war crimes" than Netanyahu did.

Also, I'm not yet ready to rejoice about his downfall- I'm waiting for an actual indictment, then I can be cautiously optimistic. We sorely need change from this disgusting first family.

Did you read what Netanyahu called the reports? He pulled a Trump and called the reports about his alleged corruption as 'fake news'. The Trump-Netanyahu bromance is strong after the unprecedented US ass kissing of Israel sadly.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »

Did you read what Netanyahu called the reports? He pulled a Trump and called the reports about his alleged corruption as 'fake news'. The Trump-Netanyahu bromance is strong after the unprecedented US ass kissing of Israel sadly.

I don't think you really get just how much "US ass kissing" was needed to repair that relationship after Obama's unprecedented betrayal.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »

I don't think you really get just how much "US ass kissing" was needed to repair that relationship after Obama's unprecedented betrayal.

I'm not sure why USA needed to mend anything with their uppity Middle Eastern client state.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »

It will be funny to see the day when Israel, Turkey, and Iran all mutual allies of Russia.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 07:59:56 PM »

Obama's 'anti Israeli policies' were basically just him him saying Israel, please stop building settlements into occupied west bank territory, but regardless here is another billion dollars for the Iron Dome. With Republicans, you have a very slavish devotion to Israel. There is zero willingness to even utter one sentence of condemnation of any Israeli action.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »

Obama's 'anti Israeli policies' were basically just him him saying Israel, please stop building settlements into occupied west bank territory, but regardless here is another billion dollars for the Iron Dome. With Republicans, you have a very slavish devotion to Israel. There is zero willingness to even utter one sentence of condemnation of any Israeli action.

He authorized (arguably organized) a UN resolution that explicitly denied all Jewish ties to Jerusalem.

Trump's actions were necessary to ensure Israel that this was no longer US policy, otherwise the US is no more trustworthy to Israel than Europe is.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »

I'm not sure why USA needed to mend anything with their uppity Middle Eastern client state.

You wouldn't.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 12:28:06 AM »

You wouldn't.

I think you don't understand. Israel is a minor country. People have nothing due to you.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 12:40:00 AM »

You wouldn't.

I think you don't understand. Israel is a minor country. People have nothing due to you.

Putting everything else aside, Israel's tech and R&D sector is the best in the world. The US' various first-look deals via defense arrangements are massively beneficial to both countries. A smart President would understand that keeping those in place is to the benefit of the US. A spiteful, petty President on the way out the door would attempt to unilaterally blow that up.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 12:53:41 AM »

You wouldn't.

Putting everything else aside, Israel's tech and R&D sector is the best in the world. The US' various first-look deals via defense arrangements are massively beneficial to both countries. A smart President would understand that keeping those in place is to the benefit of the US. A spiteful, petty President on the way out the door would attempt to unilaterally blow that up.

I'm very aware of Israel tech/R&D sector. Not sure if it the best, but it is among the best. The company I work for (in alarm systems) actually mainly install products from a Canadian-Israeli company (they're not the best product on the market, but they are just behind the best quality product, while being half of price). I'm not sure the first-look deals are worth all the defence spending / giving a bling eye to colonization and failure of the peace process, through.
sverkol

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2018, 07:39:42 AM by sverkol »

Despite that i am also disgust from this family,unfortunately we don't have a better alternative right now (Lapid,Katz,Erdan,Gabay,Saar)
What i do hope that will happen is that Netanyahu will shift to the left like Sharon did.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 12:30:11 PM »

Despite that that i am also disgust from this family,unfortunately we don't have a better alternative right now (Lapid,Katz,Erdan,Gabay,Saar)
What i do hope that will happen is that Netanyahu will shift to the left like Sharon did.

Netanyahu is an actual danger to our democracy. I'd rather have any of the people you mentioned (despite my distaste for them, especially Lyin' Erdan and Katz) than a quasi dictator.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »

You wouldn't.

You mean because I'm not a plastic Israeli who live in a country where you won't suffer the consequence of Bibi being a incompetent populist, but instead citizen in a small country a little smaller in population than Israel, and with a economy around the same size (except for somewhat healthier and with a bigger and more diversified export sector with greater focus on high tech products) as Israel. Who have a understanding of the importance of the government being on friendly terms with our main allies, even when these are lead by governments we dislike?

Yes Bibi poisoning the relationship with American governments aren't a life and death danger for Israel, as the Israeli nuclear arsenal protect Israel from destruction. But the tech sector Israel are so proud of depoend on favoured import and investment policies from USA, if a American government decides to treat Israel as any other foreign country, the Israeli industry would suffer, not so much in the short term, but in the long term as their R&D will slowly deterioate.

As such the main foreign policy goal outside Israeli survival should be to keep friendly with any American government no matter what party it belong to. Israel have enjoyed a periode where both American parties are friendly to Israel, and any competent PM of a small state like Israel should understand how important it is to keep this status quo going.

Especially because both parties have a strong anti-Israeli faction, which to Israeli luck have been kept away from power (No Obama wasn't one of them).

At the same time the support to Israel build on a weak fundament, broadly among the Democrats it build on strong Jewish presense in the party, but Bibi have done his best to alienate this group. While among the Republicans it build on Christian Millennialism, a faction wich have grown weaker and those support could change based on change of theological focus among the Religious Right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies