Poacher killed, eaten by African lion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:15:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Poacher killed, eaten by African lion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Poacher killed, eaten by African lion  (Read 1990 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/1411278/poacher-killed-eaten-by-african-lion

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:49:32 PM »

MAGA!

Making Africa Great Again.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »

Karma's a b*tch.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:26 AM »

Lion 1 Poacher 0
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 11:14:54 AM »

The sooner we kill off eastern "woo" based medicine the better.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 12:06:33 PM »

lol
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »

Self Defense
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 12:52:51 PM »

Was the African lion from a sh**thole African nation?  We demand answers!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »

to reiterate my point.  The poacher is just a dude trying to get a long.  One of the very few ways this dude has to "get a long" is poaching lions in the middle of the night hoping to not get caught by the park rangers (or whatever) or the lions (or any of the other dangerous wildlife out there).  Nobody wants to hunt lions or rhinos at night, he isn't doing it to be an asshole, he's doing it because he feels it's his best choice at getting by.

You want to want someone to die for killing lions, don't celebrate the death of this poor SOB,  hope for a lot east Asians to die.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »

(:
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 06:34:43 AM »

This is irony encapsulated.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 08:19:22 AM »

to reiterate my point.  The poacher is just a dude trying to get a long.  One of the very few ways this dude has to "get a long" is poaching lions in the middle of the night hoping to not get caught by the park rangers (or whatever) or the lions (or any of the other dangerous wildlife out there).  Nobody wants to hunt lions or rhinos at night, he isn't doing it to be an asshole, he's doing it because he feels it's his best choice at getting by.

You want to want someone to die for killing lions, don't celebrate the death of this poor SOB,  hope for a lot east Asians to die.
This.

Its pretty disgusting that people in this thread are celebrating and laughing about the death of a man. If you were a poor person in rural South Africa, you may well have ended up in that man's shoes, and people would be ignorantly laughing at your death.

Also, how about looking in the mirror instead of pretending you are this man's moral superior. How many of you have eaten meat? While you may not have killed an animal yourself, you are directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of animals. This is not me trying to shame non-vegetarians. I am not a vegetarian either but at least I don't go around judging others and spiting on their graves.

TL;DR: don't laugh at other people's deaths you sick f****cks.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 11:29:18 AM »

Not just the medicine.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »

When you live in a poverty stricken country and somebody offers you a job as a poacher that could help you provide for your family, you take it
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 05:33:33 AM »

Uh you guys are aware that poachers also slaughter tons of humans too? Both park rangers and activists who work against them. Its a VERY nasty criminal enterprise, this guy was more comparable to a drug cartel hitman than a guy illegally hunting for food.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 08:39:24 AM »

I don't think anybody suggested he was hunting for food.  He was hunting for money.  He may very well have been a murderous asshole, but we can't possibly know that.  What we do know is that the followers of eastern woo medicine are paying poor Africans to kill endangered species by the boat load.  Donkeys, pangolins, lions, rhinos, probably a dozen more I don't know about.

There ain't no donkeys in China no more and they're working hard at getting them out of Africa too and it's literally killing the locals.

the pangolin is an awesome mammal that nobody knows about, and it's the most trafficked animal in the world
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 08:44:43 AM »

Guess when the guy said he'd be back soon, he was "lion" (lying), LOL. 

OK, I "won't quit my day job".  Wink
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 09:00:09 AM »

Not just the medicine.

Lol. But seriously ... ground up lion cures impotence.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »

to reiterate my point.  The poacher is just a dude trying to get a long.  One of the very few ways this dude has to "get a long" is poaching lions in the middle of the night hoping to not get caught by the park rangers (or whatever) or the lions (or any of the other dangerous wildlife out there).  Nobody wants to hunt lions or rhinos at night, he isn't doing it to be an asshole, he's doing it because he feels it's his best choice at getting by.

You want to want someone to die for killing lions, don't celebrate the death of this poor SOB,  hope for a lot east Asians to die.
This.

Its pretty disgusting that people in this thread are celebrating and laughing about the death of a man. If you were a poor person in rural South Africa, you may well have ended up in that man's shoes, and people would be ignorantly laughing at your death.

Also, how about looking in the mirror instead of pretending you are this man's moral superior. How many of you have eaten meat? While you may not have killed an animal yourself, you are directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of animals. This is not me trying to shame non-vegetarians. I am not a vegetarian either but at least I don't go around judging others and spiting on their graves.

TL;DR: don't laugh at other people's deaths you sick f****cks.

I am a vegetarian and I am proud of it.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 10:16:29 PM »

I don't think anybody suggested he was hunting for food.  He was hunting for money.  He may very well have been a murderous asshole, but we can't possibly know that.  What we do know is that the followers of eastern woo medicine are paying poor Africans to kill endangered species by the boat load.  Donkeys, pangolins, lions, rhinos, probably a dozen more I don't know about.

There ain't no donkeys in China no more and they're working hard at getting them out of Africa too and it's literally killing the locals.

the pangolin is an awesome mammal that nobody knows about, and it's the most trafficked animal in the world

Yeah, because literally only Chinese people kill endangered animals.

Oh wait.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 06:42:57 AM »

Yeah, 'cause I totally blamed only Chinamen, and everyone of them at that.  Oh, wait, no I didn't.  I blamed the followers of eastern woo medicine.  That includes a lot more people than Chinese and doesn't include all (probably not even most) Chinese.

person A-"this group of people doing a bad thing is doing something bad"

person B-"yeah, well people that looked like you did something sorta the same 150 years ago, you racist!"

The lesson I think you're trying to give is that one should never comment about bad things being done by people that don't look like you.  Is that correct?  Or maybe, you thought you had a "gotcha", but aren't smart enough to see how stupid it was?
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »

Yeah, 'cause I totally blamed only Chinamen, and everyone of them at that.  Oh, wait, no I didn't.  I blamed the followers of eastern woo medicine.  That includes a lot more people than Chinese and doesn't include all (probably not even most) Chinese.

person A-"this group of people doing a bad thing is doing something bad"

person B-"yeah, well people that looked like you did something sorta the same 150 years ago, you racist!"

The lesson I think you're trying to give is that one should never comment about bad things being done by people that don't look like you.  Is that correct?  Or maybe, you thought you had a "gotcha", but aren't smart enough to see how stupid it was?

You said that you wanted lots of East Asian people to die, so I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt, regardless of what sort of "smart" defense you wish to put up.

How would you feel if someone said "yeah, white people hunted the passenger pigeon to extinction and nearly did so for bison, so let's hope lots of white people die." Not going to take that one lightly, are you?

So many "environmentalists" paint this brush towards Chinese people and it's disgusting. As if we all eat dogs and cats and sharks or kill animals for traditional medicine, so we deserve to be wiped off the face of the Earth. I mean, sure now you're going #NotAllChinamen, but your previous post says otherwise.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »

Again, I'm not painting all Chinese as anything.  I think the followers of woo that make endangered species dead, no matter what they look like or where they are from, are assholes.  If a person has a problem with Africans killing African animals for profit, the person might want to put some of the blame on the people that are causing donkey prices to sky rocket.  I also never said I wanted a lot of east Asians to die, I said
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
If I wanted a lot of east Asians to die I would have said something like
...but I didn't.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 05:56:34 PM »

Again, I'm not painting all Chinese as anything.  I think the followers of woo that make endangered species dead, no matter what they look like or where they are from, are assholes.  If a person has a problem with Africans killing African animals for profit, the person might want to put some of the blame on the people that are causing donkey prices to sky rocket.  I also never said I wanted a lot of east Asians to die, I said
If I wanted a lot of east Asians to die I would have said something like
...but I didn't.

How the heck are the feelings behind these two sentences different?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »

'cause of words
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies