Why don't people talk about the fact that Al Gore tried to end free speech?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:06:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Why don't people talk about the fact that Al Gore tried to end free speech?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why don't people talk about the fact that Al Gore tried to end free speech?  (Read 307 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »

Miss me with that PMRC sh!t
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:06:27 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2018, 08:10:38 PM by darklordoftech »

Although Gore won the overall popular vote in 2000, Bush won with 18-29-year-old voters. Might this, combined with Gore's running mate, be why? This seems to be the one case where supporting age restrictions hurt a politician.

It's also interesting to me that for all people like to blame the religious right for these things, it was Democrats such as Tipper, Lieberman, and Hillary who pushed for these things. If it wasn't for the Democrats, we might have topless women on our beaches and tvs and we might be able to drink at 18.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »

Although Gore won the overall popular vote in 2000, Bush won with 18-29-year-old voters. Might this, combined with Gore's running mate, be why? This seems to be the one case where supporting age restrictions hurt a politician.

It's also interesting to me that for all people like to blame the religious right for these things, it was Democrats such as Tipper, Lieberman, and Hillary who pushed for these things. If it wasn't for the Democrats, we might have topless women on our beaches and tvs and we might be able to drink at 18.
Irregardless, these puritanical views are obviously conservative whether they're espoused by Democrats or not.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 08:22:21 PM »

i just looked up the voter demographics of 2000, it surprised me that Bush won with young people and Gore won with older people. Clearly proving that older people are just looking for handouts.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 09:05:52 PM »

Why would we talk about things that happened 20 years ago and have no relevance to today?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »

Young voters were mostly Gen X then and Old Voters were still Early Silent/Late Greatest
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 10:05:46 PM »

Al Gore is a menace
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 10:13:14 PM »

I wonder if, had Gore won, Tipper and Lieberman would have tried to get Janet Jackson registered as a sex offender.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 10:38:54 PM »

Young voters were mostly Gen X then and Old Voters were still Early Silent/Late Greatest
Some elderly voters who accidentally voted for Buchanan said that they felt like they had voted against everything they fought for.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies