White House security clearance problems megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:38:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  White House security clearance problems megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White House security clearance problems megathread  (Read 669 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 17, 2018, 10:45:15 AM »

White House to change clearance process:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
why, for the love of whatever god you pray to, isn't this standard funking practice?

should that be "had" if the paragraph above it is true?  I guess "has" may be acceptable, but "had" seems more accurate.  Assuming I'm reading everything else right?  Do I have the time line right....he didn't have SCI for the first year, but now he does?  Or is his SCI only temporary?  I'm pretty sure you can't get a "temporary" SCI clearance, you either have it, or you do not.  I think you can have a time expired one and be under a re-investigation and be ok, but not if it's your first one (they go deep on the first one).

(and not all threads at Atlas get read by an actual somebody "somewhere", but I'd guess if any of them are, this is one of them Wink hi fellas, enjoy your day!)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 08:35:09 AM »

That's (with a minor difference that isn't important) my experience to a T.  Everybody I work with now had a clearance when they got the job, most if not all straight out of the military, so I don't know about the rate of clearance denial anymore.  When I was in the AF there was more than a couple of dudes who who just couldn't get SCI, and at least two that lost it after getting it (drugs and financial, both of the serious variety.  You can have a bankruptcy and keep your clearance, but not if the debt is >$35k in gambling losses or comic books on credit cards.).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:55:54 AM »

do we have any proof that Trump knows anything that doesn't have to do with NYC real estate?  He's said 11 of the dumbest 100 things ever said out loud in public and he's done it in just over a year.  Nobody else has more than 3 (Kanye).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies