Which of the following Trump states will vote Democratic in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:59:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Which of the following Trump states will vote Democratic in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Michigan

Pennsylvania

Wisconsin

Florida

NE-2

Arizona

North Carolina

Georgia

Ohio

Texas

Iowa

ME-2

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which of the following Trump states will vote Democratic in 2020?  (Read 1090 times)
cvparty
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 09:19:35 PM »

The key to taking back Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh, and I hope the Democrats know that. They need to stop focusing 97% of their state resources on Philadelphia
They also need to do better/not get wiped out in Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. Erie also flipped Trump and had been strongly blue in 2012.

The key is in winning back Erie County, and running up the score in Allegheny County. Scranton-Wilkes Barre matters not as much.
they actually do matter a lot more than erie county, if hillary had held obama's margins in lackawanna and luzerne alone she would've won PA
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 09:39:42 PM »

The key to taking back Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh, and I hope the Democrats know that. They need to stop focusing 97% of their state resources on Philadelphia
They also need to do better/not get wiped out in Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. Erie also flipped Trump and had been strongly blue in 2012.

The key is in winning back Erie County, and running up the score in Allegheny County. Scranton-Wilkes Barre matters not as much.
they actually do matter a lot more than erie county, if hillary had held obama's margins in lackawanna and luzerne alone she would've won PA

I think Luzerne is unlikely to come back in 2020. Meanwhile, Allegheny County consistently casts a high number of votes, so a few % there could come a long way, and Erie County was probably a fluke in 2016.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »

I think Luzerne is unlikely to come back in 2020. Meanwhile, Allegheny County consistently casts a high number of votes, so a few % there could come a long way, and Erie County was probably a fluke in 2016.
it probably won't, but I'm referring to the margins. cutting trump's luzerne margin to near even is about 30,000 votes
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 10:51:53 PM »

For PA, the key is reducing Republican margins in the northeast. If the shifts from 2012-2016 had been only about half of what they actually were in that region, PA would have stayed in the D column.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2018, 02:45:17 PM »

All but Texas -- I see President Trump winning it because it is Texas, with a well-organized Republican Party whose elected officials will make sure that Trump wins and practically no Democratic presence among elected officials. But even Texas will be scarily close.

Donald Trump is already doing most of the things that ensuring that he will be a one-term President -- governing erratically, seeming to be in the Presidency with an eye to personal gain, not building support among people who did not vote for him, offending the leaders of countries for which many Americans feel sympathy, and having no legislative successes other than a polarizing tax bill that only right-wingers can like. He has fewer principles than Hoover and is less likable than Carter -- and. at that I am talking about the strengths of those two Presidents.

He loses at least as badly as the elder Bush in 1992, if for different reasons (America was tired of the Reagan-Bush era in politics).   
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 11:26:39 PM »

Michigan is the most likely. One Hillary GOTV event in Detroit could have turned it blue.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies