Opinion of Ben Shapiro
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:14:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Ben Shapiro
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Opinion of Ben Shapiro  (Read 3817 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 06:04:00 PM »

usually comes across as an idiot, but occasionally says intelligent things (like most people i guess).
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 06:58:58 PM »

Perhaps the stupidest motherfucker on the planet.
mencken
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 07:39:14 PM »

What an informative, in-depth refutation of Ben Shapiro's political philosophy. Certainly not a shallow, immature ad hominem attack at all...Roll Eyes
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »

What an informative, in-depth refutation of Ben Shapiro's political philosophy. Certainly not a shallow, immature ad hominem attack at all...Roll Eyes
Shallow ad hominems are what Shapiro deals with. He deserves no better.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »

mencken
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 07:56:39 PM »

Shallow ad hominems are what Shapiro deals with. He deserves no better.

<Citation needed>

As someone who listens to his podcast semi-regularly, he seems to use reasonably logical arguments (lavish Israel fetishism excepted), even if I disagree on occasion. Certainly more than Hannity/Limbaugh/Levin.

And, even supposing that were the case, does the supposed juvenility of one's opponent justify juvenile behavior for oneself?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »

Pseudo intellectual creep. His high FF rate says something about the state of atlas and the American right.

Ah yes, Ben Shapiro is too extreme, coming from someone that thinks that men and women should have the same prisons.

I read Scarlet's post several times and I still can't find the word "extreme."

Because it was implied.  The left has basically been given free reign to determine what is acceptable discourse.  Then they justify violent protests against people like Shapiro.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2018, 11:40:47 PM »

Pseudo intellectual creep. His high FF rate says something about the state of atlas and the American right.

Ah yes, Ben Shapiro is too extreme, coming from someone that thinks that men and women should have the same prisons.

Because it was implied.  The left has basically been given free reign to determine what is acceptable discourse.  Then they justify violent protests against people like Shapiro.
How insecure do you have to be in your beliefs that something as simple as "I dislike this person for XYZ reasons" is interpreted as trying to limit what's acceptable discourse?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2018, 07:30:46 AM »

This is a thread about  people's opinion of a person. Any argument by definition is ad hominem.

Do you think making racist comments against all Arabs is acceptable discourse?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2018, 08:01:41 AM »

HP.

Pseudo intellectual who makes idiotic, debunked points, 90% of the time.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »

Not really THAT smart. Very hard worker, though.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2018, 11:16:32 AM »

Massive HP, though not quite as bad as Alex Jones, Milo, Steve Bannon, anyone else from Breitbart, etc.

What the actual hell?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2018, 06:03:33 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2018, 06:24:15 PM by Celes »

HP. A fraudulent promiscuer of faulty logic. You have to be one hell of a slug to actively discredit reason itself by simply being given a microphone.

Ben Shapiro’s only prerogative is to make upper middle class, largely white, mostly straight college kids feel less selfish about having been given a head start.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2018, 10:21:46 PM »

How insecure do you have to be in your beliefs that something as simple as "I dislike this person for XYZ reasons" is interpreted as trying to limit what's acceptable discourse?

Because people like Omega want people like me to not have jobs.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was not aware of such comments, link?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »

Ben Shapiro is probably my favorite conservative commentator (though Albert Mohler, Steven Crowder, and Dennis Prager are also up there).  He is a tremendous FF who I agree with most of the time; he argues consistently and coherently and is an all-around great person. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »

SHort people often have a biiiig chip on their shoulder.  And it leads, in its extreme forms, to personalities like Ben Shapiro.  If Ben Shapiro were 6'4 instead of 5'4.... he'd probably be a Democrat.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2018, 12:52:14 AM »

Massive HP, though not quite as bad as Alex Jones, Milo, Steve Bannon, anyone else from Breitbart, etc.

What the actual hell?
I go the petite section at the local Kmart and think of Ben Shapiro.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2018, 07:58:42 AM »

Because people like Omega want people like me to not have jobs.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was not aware of such comments, link?

Are you a prison guard whose job it is to enforce gender rules?

Anyway, link (please read past the headline; he is an islamophobe but it's worse than that): https://forward.com/opinion/388621/why-doesnt-the-new-york-times-mention-ben-shapiros-islamophobia/?gamp/
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2018, 08:32:31 PM »

The type of guy who was never invited to parties in college because he's really f****** annoying.
mencken
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2018, 09:09:43 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2018, 09:16:33 AM by mencken »

SHort people often have a biiiig chip on their shoulder.  And it leads, in its extreme forms, to personalities like Ben Shapiro.  If Ben Shapiro were 6'4 instead of 5'4.... he'd probably be a Democrat.

And would speculating on the cup sizes of various Democratic female politicians also be acceptable discourse? Or are we to limit our armchair psychoanalyses of superficial traits to height?

Moreover, do you have some reason to believe that the trend of Orthodox Jews to support the Republican Party is somehow completely reversed with a few inches of height?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »

SHort people often have a biiiig chip on their shoulder.  And it leads, in its extreme forms, to personalities like Ben Shapiro.  If Ben Shapiro were 6'4 instead of 5'4.... he'd probably be a Democrat.
-taller people tend to be more conservative than not cite
-making fun of a characteristic someone has no control over is funked up
-don't you know short people, how do they feel when you make such bigoted statements?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »

One of a million "LOGIC!" guys in the conservative movement (trust me: go on youtube for people who are far more vile but kind of venture in similar terrain) who constantly break their own logic rules.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2018, 03:41:14 PM »

SHort people often have a biiiig chip on their shoulder.  And it leads, in its extreme forms, to personalities like Ben Shapiro.  If Ben Shapiro were 6'4 instead of 5'4.... he'd probably be a Democrat.

that's wrong
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2018, 03:58:22 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2018, 04:03:12 PM by Arch »

I find him attractive; that's it. His politics and intellectual dishonesty are staggeringly bad.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2018, 04:25:32 PM »

I find him attractive; that's it. His politics and intellectual dishonesty are staggeringly bad.

yeah he's hot
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies