The National Gazette (Coverage of the February 2018 election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:48:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Gazette (Coverage of the February 2018 election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The National Gazette (Coverage of the February 2018 election)  (Read 3532 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2018, 01:23:41 PM »

oh please don't go spouting off supposed moral values, you guys have hardly been a beacon of non partisan hope either

> a partisan "non-partisan" party, have you ever seen such a thing?

I am 100% sure if it was reversed, you'd be pushing the alliance person as much as possible

spare us the moral high ground, please.

When did I claim the "moral high ground"? That's disingenuous. My post said "don't vote for a person who doesn't want to be voted for". And, to all those who are wondering, I would not be pushing the Alliance person, guarantee. I would actively make sure none from the Alliance caucus would do so, because that's against the wishes of the candidate. Screenshot this post if you want.

Also, I bet you can't handle this fact lol, but my House campaign was 99.99% my work. Weird, right?
the feds had the votes and they were competing on whether or not to put you over or that other person (don't remember the name lol), but yeah.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »

oh please don't go spouting off supposed moral values, you guys have hardly been a beacon of non partisan hope either

I am 100% sure if it was reversed, you'd be pushing the alliance person as much as possible

When did I claim the "moral high ground"? That's disingenuous. My post said "don't vote for a person who doesn't want to be voted for". And, to all those who are wondering, I would not be pushing the Alliance person, guarantee. I would actively make sure none from the Alliance caucus would do so, because that's against the wishes of the candidate. Screenshot this post if you want.

Also, I bet you can't handle this fact lol, but my House campaign was 99.99% my work. Weird, right?
the feds had the votes and they were competing on whether or not to put you over or that other person (don't remember the name lol), but yeah.

7 out of the 8 people that voted for me I contacted personally. Alright, it was 87.5% my work, Wink
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2018, 01:27:19 PM »

7 out of the 8 people that voted for me I contacted personally. Alright, it was 87.5% my work, Wink
dont forget about 2nd and 3rds too, I don't think 8 is enough to get over the edge on 1sts
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2018, 01:52:26 PM »

It certainly makes sense to protect a House majority by all means possible, and acting otherwise would be politically unwise regardless of the party. However, one can also argue it's not exactly healthy for our democracy to elect a seat in the House which will not be held by the candidate in question and will instead be determined by leadership appointment.

It's more of a vote to give carte blanche for a future appointment, which is a curious (and a fascinating case study for analysis of Atlasian politics) way to conduct an election.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »

It certainly makes sense to protect a House majority by all means possible, and acting otherwise would be politically unwise regardless of the party. However, one can also argue it's not exactly healthy for our democracy to elect a seat in the House which will not be held by the candidate in question and will instead be determined by leadership appointment.

It's more of a vote to give carte blanche for a future appointment, which is a curious (and a fascinating case study for analysis of Atlasian politics) way to conduct an election.
this is kind of a bad analogy, but MO Sen 2000 could kind of be an example
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2018, 05:09:17 PM by ReaganClinton »

Wait, I thought there were only 9 candidates who didn't drop out.

9 declared candidates and 1 write in candidate.

Didn't RC20XX drop out?

Technically too late for him to drop off the ballot, but that hasn’t stopped people from 1st preffing him lmao

It's frankly sad that the Federalist leadership would rather vote for a person who doesn't want to be voted in because of RL health reasons than a Representative that has a 100% activity record, sponsored the second-most bills, and has a plan for his next term, just because of partisan reasons. If you want to prove you really are for a "More Welcoming Atlasia" and you aren't party hacks, I would say it is wise to those who haven't voted yet to consider their vote if they plan to first preference ReaganClinton.

You guys are killing me. Don't vote me in again.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2018, 04:10:47 PM by DTC »

Didn't RC20XX drop out?

Technically too late for him to drop off the ballot, but that hasn’t stopped people from 1st preffing him lmao

It's frankly sad that the Federalist leadership would rather vote for a person who doesn't want to be voted in because of RL health reasons than a Representative that has a 100% activity record, sponsored the second-most bills, and has a plan for his next term, just because of partisan reasons. If you want to prove you really are for a "More Welcoming Atlasia" and you aren't party hacks, I would say it is wise to those who haven't voted yet to consider their vote if they plan to first preference ReaganClinton.

The feds are morally bankrupt necromancers hellbent on retaining their power.

If they want to prove me wrong, they can appoint wxtransit in place of the graveyard zombie fed if he wins.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2018, 04:24:56 PM »

Didn't RC20XX drop out?

The feds are morally bankrupt necromancers hellbent on retaining their power.

If they want to prove me wrong, they can appoint wxtransit in place of the graveyard zombie fed if he wins.

Just admit you're an Adam Griffin sock already Tongue
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »

Instead of voting for someone who asks not to be elected there could have decided to vote for a Federalist write-in candidate, it would make more sense. Elections produce odds things. In the January regional South elections you had the Federalists choosing to elect one of their candidate who  had not been online for a month over one of their canddiate who was there (and also discarding the no two posts in the both rule).

I hope we don't see abuse of the replacement rule - run someone who is popular and after a couple of weeks resign to be replaced by someone less well known or popular.

Is this election on track to have less votes than previous ones? 
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2018, 05:58:05 PM »

Instead of voting for someone who asks not to be elected there could have decided to vote for a Federalist write-in candidate, it would make more sense. Elections produce odds things. In the January regional South elections you had the Federalists choosing to elect one of their candidate who  had not been online for a month over one of their canddiate who was there (and also discarding the no two posts in the both rule).

I hope we don't see abuse of the replacement rule - run someone who is popular and after a couple of weeks resign to be replaced by someone less well known or popular.

Is this election on track to have less votes than previous ones? 

I hope there isn't abuse as well, I do share the assessment that a write-in campaign would certainly be more transparent, if not as nearly as pragmatic.

I believe so, Presidential Elections over the past three years tend to move between 120 and 100 votes, and we stand currently at 89 even with a handful of invalid votes. It can easily surpass 100 with a last minute surge, but this will be one of the elections with the lowest turnout in recent years.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2018, 08:15:24 PM »

PSA to left: first-preference wxtransit for House to break the one-party state!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2018, 09:23:04 PM »

Results
1st Ballot2nd Ballot
Fhtagn   48%   57%
Pericles   27%   43%
Spiral   21%   —%
Others   03%   —%

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

ALL

FED

LAB

PAX

PUP

TOSS

OTH

05%

53%

12%

12%

18%

00%

(Apologies for the late update; for some odd reason, "I'm covering a very important presidential election in Atlasia" is not a valid excuse to not turn in homework.)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »

(Apologies for the late update; for some odd reason, "I'm covering a very important presidential election in Atlasia" is not a valid excuse to not turn in homework.)
School has the wrong priorities! Tongue
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2018, 10:00:51 PM »

Wow, that map is turning out to look kind of pretty.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2018, 10:03:36 PM »

Too bad orange is an ugly color.

Ugly color for an ugly party.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2018, 10:33:16 PM »

Too bad orange is an ugly color.

Ugly color for an ugly party.

Orange is a great color. But it has been defiled by the ugly Federalists.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2018, 10:34:04 PM »

6-6 TIE FOR RC AND TRANSIT!!
VOTE TRANSIT TO STOP PURE PARTISANSHIP AND KEEP A GREAT REPRESENTATIVE IN OFFICE!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »

IT'S OVER!!!

TRANSIT WINS!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Speaker-elect W. X. Transit!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2018, 12:03:46 AM »

10-7 TRANSIT WINS!!!!!!!!!!!

FEDERALISTS LOSE SENATE AND HOUSE MAJORITY!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2018, 12:28:38 AM »

Thank Dave that's over.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2018, 12:29:34 AM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2018, 12:29:51 AM »

NOOOO
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2018, 12:36:01 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2018, 12:37:33 AM by Southern Deputy Speaker/National Archivist TimTurner »

insert Darth Vader Nooooo gif here
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2018, 12:42:34 AM »

I’m not sure how the Federalists could lose a Senate Majority that they don’t have. The current Senate only has 2 registered Federalists in it. Even if you included me as a Federalist (which I am not - I’m an independent), that’s still not enough for a Senate majority.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2018, 12:43:49 AM »

I’m not sure how the Federalists could lose a Senate Majority that they don’t have. The current Senate only has 2 registered Federalists in it. Even if you included me as a Federalist (which I am not - I’m an independent), that’s still not enough for a Senate majority.

Plus you plus PiT as tiebreaker is technically a majority, right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies