Lincoln Elections - February 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lincoln Elections - February 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lincoln Elections - February 2018  (Read 3828 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: February 19, 2018, 03:19:16 AM »

It's been awhile since I counted an election in Lincoln, but shouldn't five delegates have been elected to the Assembly, as there were at least 6 candidates (four declared, plus two write-ins) running?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:30:09 PM »

It's been awhile since I counted an election in Lincoln, but shouldn't five delegates have been elected to the Assembly, as there were at least 6 candidates (four declared, plus two write-ins) running?
I would say no because the constitution says "declared candidates" and "appear on the ballot." Write ins aren't officially on the ballot, so they wouldn't count towards the number of people elected to the assembly.

Scott accepted write ins for the Assembly, so the # would be pushed to five, unless I'm missing somebody.

I'm pretty sure the assumption that it would be 3 is correct, due to the Constitution wording it as "declared" and "on the ballot". So while a write in can win, they wouldn't up the number of seats, since they aren't actually on the ballot.
Thanks—Fremont used a slightly different system whilst I was PM, and I wasn't sure if that was also the case in Lincoln (since I wrote both Constitutions).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies