Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59209 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 11:17:30 AM »

I liked the idea of Blue Florida and was enjoying it until it turned out that a sock account was rigging it for McCain.
However I do want to see it tried again but this time fair.

Maybe we could restart we where except McCain is no longer in the race

The threads locked though.

A new thread, I mean, and we link the original game in that thread.

Sounds fine and dandy. BTW isn’t UWS banned from election and history games?
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »

I liked the idea of Blue Florida and was enjoying it until it turned out that a sock account was rigging it for McCain.
However I do want to see it tried again but this time fair.

Maybe we could restart we where except McCain is no longer in the race

The threads locked though.

A new thread, I mean, and we link the original game in that thread.

Sounds fine and dandy. BTW isn’t UWS banned from election and history games?

Yes.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 11:29:03 AM »

As for myself I'm fully occupied with Forward (2012 Election Game) and The Death of Kings (ASOIAF-based game), but I would like to reserve a concept for an historical game to host at some point, although I have no idea when.

Provisional Title: "Dynasties and Empires"

Context: A game set in 1519, right at the onset of the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Conquest of the Americas, the supremacy of the Ottoman Empire, the conflict between the young monarchs Henry VIII of England, Charles I of Spain and Francis I of France, and an election for Holy Roman Emperor which might decide the future of the Empire.

Among the playable characters one would find famous monarchs such as Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Manuel I (Portugal) and Selim I, as well as other relevant characters such as the beleaugered Pope Leo X, James V of Scotland, the infortunate Louis II of Hungary and Bohemia, the Republic of Venice, the conflicting King of Denmark and the Swedish Regent and so on.

And, given the richness of the moment, the wide cast would also allow interaction with characters such as Cardinal Wolsey, Martin Luther, Moctezuma and the conquistadors, Richard de la Pole (last of the Yorkist claimants), Catherine of Aragon, the explorer Magellan, and so on. The game would most likely feature turns of one year, so we can advance into a much different world.

I was bored the other day, so I also took the time to make a map for future use (with the undiscovered areas hidden, as players will have to be both skilled and lucky to discover much of the New World):

I (inevitably) love this
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »

would anyone be interested in re-starting the Blue Florida from where we left off before the whole UWS drama? (I wouldn't as I was playing as Bredesen and I think I was doing pretty well.)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 06:11:04 PM »

would anyone be interested in re-starting the Blue Florida from where we left off before the whole UWS drama? (I wouldn't as I was playing as Bredesen and I think I was doing pretty well.)
I’d wanna play
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 05:19:46 PM »

I guess I could either reserve or Propose this idea:

Provisional Title: "After the New Blue Dog: A 2016 Election Game"

Summary: Based off my surprisingly smash hit of a Timeline "A New Blue Dog for America's Health" (Here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=281052.0), it is the year 2015 and the impressive Presidency of Phil Bredesen has gone by Eventfully and now he is no Longer eligible to run for Office, With both parties hoping to get their own Candidate in the White House.

For the Democrats, currently, with the current President not being allowed to run for another term. With the Vice President, SOS, SOT, and Senator Bernie Sanders taking prominent roles in the Leadership of the party, it seems that the party may have to discover new leadership. With this in mind, the new leader does certainly look to be an establishment Candidate from either the Administration or Congress.

For the Republicans, after two big landslide defeats, they are completely shattered with both outsiders and Establishment Candidates vying for control for the party. With the GOP totally divided, anyone could become the Nominee. The question is, will they be able to re-unite a destroyed party.

With both parties getting ready for war, could a Third Party be able to sneak through and win?

(Things that happen in this game might be retconned in the TL, but everything that happens here will be it's own separate timeline from the TL once it starts)

In Case anyone was wondering, here was the Primaries and the 2012 Election in this version:

2012 DEM Primary:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)
Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT)

2012 GOP Primaries:

Former Gov George Pataki (R-NY)
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)

2012 General:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)/VP Blanche Lincoln (D-AR): 529/59.8%
Former Governor George Pataki (R-NY)/Former Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK): 9/30.1%

Should I publish this as a game rn or wait for later?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »

Another idea. A Canadian Presidental Election.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »

I've been wanting to do a cricket based game for a while. Things like managing a club, signing players. Deciding strategies, etc. But there wouldn't be enough interest in it.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »

I just noticed two more election games, maybe the creators should not start game play till one of the other election games is done with
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 06:24:44 PM »

I just noticed two more election games, maybe the creators should not start game play till one of the other election games is done with

While I can't compel people not to host games, I've said several times oversaturation of election games helps no one. In fact, it hinders games, reducing potential players and dividing up efforts an energy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »

I guess I could either reserve or Propose this idea:

Provisional Title: "After the New Blue Dog: A 2016 Election Game"

Summary: Based off my surprisingly smash hit of a Timeline "A New Blue Dog for America's Health" (Here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=281052.0), it is the year 2015 and the impressive Presidency of Phil Bredesen has gone by Eventfully and now he is no Longer eligible to run for Office, With both parties hoping to get their own Candidate in the White House.

For the Democrats, currently, with the current President not being allowed to run for another term. With the Vice President, SOS, SOT, and Senator Bernie Sanders taking prominent roles in the Leadership of the party, it seems that the party may have to discover new leadership. With this in mind, the new leader does certainly look to be an establishment Candidate from either the Administration or Congress.

For the Republicans, after two big landslide defeats, they are completely shattered with both outsiders and Establishment Candidates vying for control for the party. With the GOP totally divided, anyone could become the Nominee. The question is, will they be able to re-unite a destroyed party.

With both parties getting ready for war, could a Third Party be able to sneak through and win?

(Things that happen in this game might be retconned in the TL, but everything that happens here will be it's own separate timeline from the TL once it starts)

In Case anyone was wondering, here was the Primaries and the 2012 Election in this version:

2012 DEM Primary:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)
Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT)

2012 GOP Primaries:

Former Gov George Pataki (R-NY)
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)

2012 General:

Pres. Phil Bredesen (D-TN)/VP Blanche Lincoln (D-AR): 529/59.8%
Former Governor George Pataki (R-NY)/Former Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK): 9/30.1%

Should I publish this as a game rn or wait for later?
Nah.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2018, 01:24:10 PM »

with the recent death of The War of the Three Kingdoms, I would like to offer a Historical Alternative for it called
Brother vs Brother

Summary: It is the year 1861 and the American Civil War has just begun. With the United States in chaos over the issue of slavery, France is looking to create their own empire in Mexico while Prussia looks to expand her power in the German Confederation. While this happens, the United States is fighting it's own civil war with the South fighting for her own independence from the United States and preserve her southern culture while the North fights to hold the Union Together. With the world now in chaos and with the ability that anyone may be able to come out on top, the top dog may be the unexpected one.

Important characters will be important Union and Confederate Generals, Otto Von Bismarck, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Napoleon III, Maximillian von Hapsburg, Alexander II, Franz Josef, and Queen Victoria.

The most important area will be, ofc, the United States though there will be other places to be involved depending on what happens in the region. Factors will include War Exhaustion, the Economy, Starvation, and Manpower.

Will post this game if I get enough of a response.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »

with the recent death of The War of the Three Kingdoms, I would like to offer a Historical Alternative for it called
Brother vs Brother

Summary: It is the year 1861 and the American Civil War has just begun. With the United States in chaos over the issue of slavery, France is looking to create their own empire in Mexico while Prussia looks to expand her power in the German Confederation. While this happens, the United States is fighting it's own civil war with the South fighting for her own independence from the United States and preserve her southern culture while the North fights to hold the Union Together. With the world now in chaos and with the ability that anyone may be able to come out on top, the top dog may be the unexpected one.

Important characters will be important Union and Confederate Generals, Otto Von Bismarck, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Napoleon III, Maximillian von Hapsburg, Alexander II, Franz Josef, and Queen Victoria.

The most important area will be, ofc, the United States though there will be other places to be involved depending on what happens in the region. Factors will include War Exhaustion, the Economy, Starvation, and Manpower.

I'd definitely be down for this.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »

Brother vs Brother

I'd definitely be down for this.

I'll post only if a few more people are down for it.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »

I'd be willing to give that Civil War Game a shot, it'd be my first alt-history game though.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2018, 12:56:52 PM »

I'll post it then and see where it goes.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2018, 07:31:57 PM »

Someone make a band managing game. You have to make your own band and stuff
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2018, 01:46:09 PM »

So does anyone want to help me with my election game?
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2018, 04:55:27 PM »

So does anyone want to help me with my election game?
Sure
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2018, 11:04:13 AM »

Would anyone be interested in a reboot of my CSA Presidential Election Game which some fixed things as well?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 11:04:14 AM »

If anyone wants to help me out with it you can PM me.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 02:26:51 PM »

How does this sound:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

would anyone be interested in joining?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 04:44:13 PM »

How does this sound:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

would anyone be interested in joining?

also, this would be the primary schedule:

January 13th - Iowa Caucus

January 21st - New Hampshire Primary

January 27th - South Carolina Primary (R)

January 30th - Nevada Caucus (D)

February 4th - Nevada Caucus (R)

February 7th - South Carolina Primary (D)

February 11th - Tennessee Primary, Virginia Primary, Illinois Primary, Alabama Primary, Georgia Primary, MIssissippi Primary, Texas Primary, Colorado Primary (D), Minnesota Primary, Missouri Primary (R), Louisiana Primary, Arkansas Primary, Vermont Primary, Massachussetts Primary, Connecticut Primary (D), Oklahoma Primary (R)

February 14th - Hawaii Primary, Minnesota Primary, Colorado Primary (R), Missouri Primary (D), Guam Primary, U.S. Virgin Islands Primary, Oklahoma (D)

February 19th - Kansas Primary, Nebraska Primary, Michigan Primary, South Dakota Primary (D), Michigan Primary, Wisconsin Primary, Florida Primary, Pennsylvania Primary, New Jersey Primary, Delaware Primary, Maryland Primary, Connecticut Primary (R), Rhode Island Caucus, Maine Caucus

March 7th - Ohio Primary, South Dakota Primary (R), Idaho Primary (D)

March 16th - New York Caucus

March 21st - DC Primary (R), Montana Primary (R)

April 3rd - Montana Primary (D), Oregon Primary

April 23rd - Washington Primary, North Dakota Caucuses, Puerto Rico Primary

May 6th - Idaho Primary (R)

May 16th - Arizona Primary, New Mexico Primary, Kentucky Primary, Indiana Primary

May 23rd - West Virginia Primary, Alaska Primary

June 7th - Utah Primary, California Primary

June 17th - DC Primary (D)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »

Make me co host and we can do it.
YaBB God
United States