Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:31:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 59201 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2018, 08:09:11 PM »

Bumping this because I'm dying to play a strategy game, just in case there's someone tempted to host.

One idea I have been having, (my schedule is a little crazy so I was hoping you could host, but I think you want to play) is a Kaiserreich Game based off the HOI4 Mod. Basically just BoP in the Kaiserreich world. If I were to host, I would definitely need your help on doing so. I know a couple of folks were interested.

Oh, I'd love that! I played Kaiserreich on DH and I love the mod, it certainly offers much potential as a BoP style game. Myself I cannot host because of my present condition (which led to my inability to continue The Death of Kings) and would wish to play, but I can offer necessary input and advice (or help with maps, backstory and the like) without problems.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2018, 08:13:22 PM »

If no one else is interested in hosting I will host. But it may have to be like a rotating thing, because I also want to play lol.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2018, 11:04:49 AM »

Bumping this because I'm dying to play a strategy game, just in case there's someone tempted to host.

One idea I have been having, (my schedule is a little crazy so I was hoping you could host, but I think you want to play) is a Kaiserreich Game based off the HOI4 Mod. Basically just BoP in the Kaiserreich world. If I were to host, I would definitely need your help on doing so. I know a couple of folks were interested.

Oh, I'd love that! I played Kaiserreich on DH and I love the mod, it certainly offers much potential as a BoP style game. Myself I cannot host because of my present condition (which led to my inability to continue The Death of Kings) and would wish to play, but I can offer necessary input and advice (or help with maps, backstory and the like) without problems.

Kaiserreich is great, I'd definitely be interested in that!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2018, 08:25:45 PM »

As for myself I'm fully occupied with Forward (2012 Election Game) and The Death of Kings (ASOIAF-based game), but I would like to reserve a concept for an historical game to host at some point, although I have no idea when.

Provisional Title: "Dynasties and Empires"

Context: A game set in 1519, right at the onset of the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Conquest of the Americas, the supremacy of the Ottoman Empire, the conflict between the young monarchs Henry VIII of England, Charles I of Spain and Francis I of France, and an election for Holy Roman Emperor which might decide the future of the Empire.

Among the playable characters one would find famous monarchs such as Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Manuel I (Portugal) and Selim I, as well as other relevant characters such as the beleaugered Pope Leo X, James V of Scotland, the infortunate Louis II of Hungary and Bohemia, the Republic of Venice, the conflicting King of Denmark and the Swedish Regent and so on.

And, given the richness of the moment, the wide cast would also allow interaction with characters such as Cardinal Wolsey, Martin Luther, Moctezuma and the conquistadors, Richard de la Pole (last of the Yorkist claimants), Catherine of Aragon, the explorer Magellan, and so on. The game would most likely feature turns of one year, so we can advance into a much different world.

I was bored the other day, so I also took the time to make a map for future use (with the undiscovered areas hidden, as players will have to be both skilled and lucky to discover much of the New World):

I really like this idea and will put it in my pocket, with Lumine's permission, for when the Encore of Europe reaches its natural conclusion.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »

As for myself I'm fully occupied with Forward (2012 Election Game) and The Death of Kings (ASOIAF-based game), but I would like to reserve a concept for an historical game to host at some point, although I have no idea when.

Provisional Title: "Dynasties and Empires"

Context: A game set in 1519, right at the onset of the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Conquest of the Americas, the supremacy of the Ottoman Empire, the conflict between the young monarchs Henry VIII of England, Charles I of Spain and Francis I of France, and an election for Holy Roman Emperor which might decide the future of the Empire.

Among the playable characters one would find famous monarchs such as Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Manuel I (Portugal) and Selim I, as well as other relevant characters such as the beleaugered Pope Leo X, James V of Scotland, the infortunate Louis II of Hungary and Bohemia, the Republic of Venice, the conflicting King of Denmark and the Swedish Regent and so on.

And, given the richness of the moment, the wide cast would also allow interaction with characters such as Cardinal Wolsey, Martin Luther, Moctezuma and the conquistadors, Richard de la Pole (last of the Yorkist claimants), Catherine of Aragon, the explorer Magellan, and so on. The game would most likely feature turns of one year, so we can advance into a much different world.

I was bored the other day, so I also took the time to make a map for future use (with the undiscovered areas hidden, as players will have to be both skilled and lucky to discover much of the New World):

I really like this idea and will put it in my pocket, with Lumine's permission, for when the Encore of Europe reaches its natural conclusion.

By all means! Feel free to use it.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2018, 08:36:34 PM »

Alternatively, I've started reading "The Heir Apparent: A Life of Edward VII, the Playboy Prince" by Jane Ridley. It's sparked my interested in the Late Victorian/Edwardian eras. Would there maybe be interest in a 1900-ish Encore of Europe type game?
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2018, 08:38:37 PM »

Alternatively, I've started reading "The Heir Apparent: A Life of Edward VII, the Playboy Prince" by Jane Ridley. It's sparked my interested in the Late Victorian/Edwardian eras. Would there maybe be interest in a 1900-ish Encore of Europe type game?

I would certainly be interested!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2018, 08:39:35 PM »

I'm always down for those. Taking the evolved concept of Concert/Encore and combining it with the setting of Balance of Power would make for a great experience.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2018, 04:31:59 PM »

Hmm... After the End of Encore, we could age the world a century. See our empire's in the year of our Lord 1900 Anno Domini (Yes I know they name the same thing)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2018, 08:12:08 AM »

Someone make an ‘04 game where Al Gore won in ‘00
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2018, 03:36:18 AM »

I'm interested in hosting a game set in Dark Ages England. Obviously it'll have to happen after my paticipation on Division 2020 ended.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2018, 01:16:03 AM »

I'm considering doing a 1996 game where the reform party actually wins some states and where Dole wins. Well, that is where I would imagine it going, but since these are games, I don't know where it would go.

And no, I would not want it to be like Dawn of the Dole where like 6 people win states
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2018, 07:23:30 AM »

I'm considering doing a 1996 game where the reform party actually wins some states and where Dole wins. Well, that is where I would imagine it going, but since these are games, I don't know where it would go.

And no, I would not want it to be like Dawn of the Dole where like 6 people win states
Do it
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2018, 01:06:17 PM »

Can someone co moderate a game with me? I can’t make maps and I’m not good at math to do polling
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2018, 08:23:59 PM »

Can someone co moderate a game with me? I can’t make maps and I’m not good at math to do polling
[/quote
I'll make maps
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »

Someone help me to make a 2008 game which is after two terms of Gore?
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2018, 01:23:12 PM »

I might eventually do a 1968 Presidential Election Game. Who would be interested in helping me craft such a game and be a co-mod?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »

I might eventually do a 1968 Presidential Election Game. Who would be interested in helping me craft such a game and be a co-mod?
I would play, probably as Gov. James Rhodes
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2018, 03:43:12 PM »

All in favor of a 1968 game to get away from Modern Politics?
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2018, 04:19:59 PM »

Aye
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2018, 05:18:00 PM »

I can deal with that
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2018, 07:41:54 PM »

it's been done. Join if interested: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=301440.0
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2018, 11:54:38 AM »

I might reboot my Civil War Game but include it as the world with National Leaders rather than having it be put on Generals. It'll mainly happen during the turns that Troubling Times is taking place, likely beginning in the Later part of the General Election of that game. Would that sound like a good thing to do?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2018, 09:58:21 AM »

developing another game, in the case that WofE is DoA. If you want to know what it'll be about, PM me. I'll allow WofE another 3 days until I say it's officially dead and I post the new game. I'm working on the replacement right now just in case and no, it won't be an election game.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2018, 08:33:01 PM »

Currently in the works of a 2016 election game now that the low quality posters seem to have faded away. Stay tuned.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies