Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:36:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 60095 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« on: May 20, 2018, 11:04:49 AM »

Bumping this because I'm dying to play a strategy game, just in case there's someone tempted to host.

One idea I have been having, (my schedule is a little crazy so I was hoping you could host, but I think you want to play) is a Kaiserreich Game based off the HOI4 Mod. Basically just BoP in the Kaiserreich world. If I were to host, I would definitely need your help on doing so. I know a couple of folks were interested.

Oh, I'd love that! I played Kaiserreich on DH and I love the mod, it certainly offers much potential as a BoP style game. Myself I cannot host because of my present condition (which led to my inability to continue The Death of Kings) and would wish to play, but I can offer necessary input and advice (or help with maps, backstory and the like) without problems.

Kaiserreich is great, I'd definitely be interested in that!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 08:38:37 PM »

Alternatively, I've started reading "The Heir Apparent: A Life of Edward VII, the Playboy Prince" by Jane Ridley. It's sparked my interested in the Late Victorian/Edwardian eras. Would there maybe be interest in a 1900-ish Encore of Europe type game?

I would certainly be interested!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:44:21 PM »

I would be quite interested in the Napoleonic game!
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 12:03:11 AM »

I've been mulling over a game set during the Fourth Diadochi War if there is sufficient interest, probably taking place in 303, after the Diadochi have declared themselves kings, but before the defeat of the Antigonids at Ipsus.

With the betrayals, assassinations, and general chaos of the time period, I'm thinking it could make for a dynamic game.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 11:17:35 AM »

I've been mulling over a game set during the Fourth Diadochi War if there is sufficient interest, probably taking place in 303, after the Diadochi have declared themselves kings, but before the defeat of the Antigonids at Ipsus.

With the betrayals, assassinations, and general chaos of the time period, I'm thinking it could make for a dynamic game.

Have you read ‘Elephants and Castles’ by Alfred Duggan? Smiley

I haven't, though after reading about it I may have to pick it up. I'm currently making my way through Robin Waterfield's "Dividing the Spoils" and am really enjoying it. 
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 11:23:46 PM »

Depending on what happens with Revolution and The Lamps are Going Out (which is say, if they continue and only once they're over) I'd like to attempt a traditional nation game.

Giving serious thought to a WWII game as it hasn't been attempted, though I am not sure what the ideal starting date would be. Considering July 1940 for a proper war game, or 1933/1936/1939 as pre-war starts, with the only main issue being the problem of excessive player hindsight.

Update to this: after some meditation (and very useful advice) I have decided indeed on The Gathering Storm (1939) as my next project, though it will include a couple of new rules for the sake of balance (I won't be allowing claims just yet, sorry NYE).

I'll move forward with it once YPestis's 1914 project is successfully completed.

It looks like YPestis's 1914 project won't be getting off the ground, unfortunately.

Yes, sadly I was unable to fill Berchtold, and won't have time to delay the game until the fall with my upcoming school schedule. Very much looking forward to your game, however!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies