Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:22:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 60032 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« on: February 21, 2018, 11:29:03 AM »

As for myself I'm fully occupied with Forward (2012 Election Game) and The Death of Kings (ASOIAF-based game), but I would like to reserve a concept for an historical game to host at some point, although I have no idea when.

Provisional Title: "Dynasties and Empires"

Context: A game set in 1519, right at the onset of the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Conquest of the Americas, the supremacy of the Ottoman Empire, the conflict between the young monarchs Henry VIII of England, Charles I of Spain and Francis I of France, and an election for Holy Roman Emperor which might decide the future of the Empire.

Among the playable characters one would find famous monarchs such as Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Manuel I (Portugal) and Selim I, as well as other relevant characters such as the beleaugered Pope Leo X, James V of Scotland, the infortunate Louis II of Hungary and Bohemia, the Republic of Venice, the conflicting King of Denmark and the Swedish Regent and so on.

And, given the richness of the moment, the wide cast would also allow interaction with characters such as Cardinal Wolsey, Martin Luther, Moctezuma and the conquistadors, Richard de la Pole (last of the Yorkist claimants), Catherine of Aragon, the explorer Magellan, and so on. The game would most likely feature turns of one year, so we can advance into a much different world.

I was bored the other day, so I also took the time to make a map for future use (with the undiscovered areas hidden, as players will have to be both skilled and lucky to discover much of the New World):

I (inevitably) love this
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:36 AM »

I have certain plans for a new, slightly different British 17th century game if there is interest? With players controlling individual political characters rather than whole nations
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »

Noted! I'll work up some stuff - shall I then plonk it here or in own thread?

Working title - Mercurius Britannicus...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 01:02:51 PM by Garlan Gunter »

Same crossed fingers and held breath re: dynasties but - I’d be tempted by 100 years’ war, seven years’ war, fall of Rome or Spanish Succession. And I still have ambitions to start an English civil war game when Lord of the Crossing finishes!

Edit: or eighty now I’ve looked up and seen it means Dutch Rebellion, cool!!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »

HW, would def love to play Charles II in your scenario!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »

I reiterate drooling interest, especially in Charles II!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 03:49:11 AM »

Always up for anything with Stuarts in it
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 06:21:08 AM »

Yes!!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 04:27:07 AM »

Would there be any enthusiasm some time in the future for a GoT game that takes the HBO ending and moves on a generation to next
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

?

I think it could be really good fun and interesting, possibly using leonardo’s diplomacraft system, which I really liked...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 05:23:42 AM »

Just a note to say I do intend to write up ending of Lord of the Crossing when possible and I’m grateful and delighted by compliments. Perhaps depending on what you all make of ending a sequel or reboot might be feasible in future...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 09:34:23 AM »

I've been mulling over a game set during the Fourth Diadochi War if there is sufficient interest, probably taking place in 303, after the Diadochi have declared themselves kings, but before the defeat of the Antigonids at Ipsus.

With the betrayals, assassinations, and general chaos of the time period, I'm thinking it could make for a dynamic game.

Have you read ‘Elephants and Castles’ by Alfred Duggan? Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies