Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:38:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 60062 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« on: May 11, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »

So, when 2020's done, I was thinking of doing one of the following two scenarios:

O, Say Can You Sieg

Based on the list of Presidents I posted in the election what-ifs forum, this one takes place in 1984. More than twenty years after President Adam Hilliard's death, America is still unrecognizable. African-Americans make up less than 1% of the total population. The largest minority groups are Asians in the West Pacific Colonies (Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Indochina), many of whom, following the relaxation of Hilliard's racial laws by President Reagan in 1978, have moved to the West Coast states. For the first time since 1932, however, there is a challenge to Democratic Party rule: the Republicans have returned. As happened in Europe in 1969, a more lenient, moderate leader has led to multiparty democracy once more.

Notable Democratic candidates include: Representative Newt Gingrich from Georgia, Vice President George Smathers, Louisiana Governor David Duke, Senator Michael Gore* from Mississippi, and vaunted economist Lyndon LaRouche

Notable Republican candidates include: New Hampshire Governor Jimmy Carter, Former Connecticut Governor George H. W. Bush, Representative Jim Thompson from Illinois, Massachusetts Governor Robert F. Kennedy, and Senator Walter Mondale from Minnesota

*: Michael Gore is not related to Al Gore, Sr. or Jr., but is actually the grandson of Henry Gore, accomplice to President Adam Hilliard and in large part the architect of the American Holocaust

If this one is too dark for this section of the forum, I totally get it, but it would have felt weird to me to suggest the other and not have something for this.

Men of Steele

Based on the same post (other list), this game takes place in 1960. With the presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower coming to its close, the battle to succeed him has begun in earnest. As Steele maintained some veneer of democracy during his time in office, it was easier to transition back to a full-fledged two-party system following his retirement. And so the American people are faced with a competitive race for the first time in thirty years.

Notable Democratic candidates include Senator Lyndon B. Johnson from Texas, Senator George Smathers from Florida, Governor Nelson Rockefeller of New York, Senator Strom Thurmond from South Carolina, and Senator Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr., from Massachusetts

Notable Farmer-Labor candidates include Vice President Richard Nixon, Senator John F. Kennedy from Massachusetts, Senator Hubert H. Humphrey from Minnesota, Governor Pat Brown of California, and Representative George McGovern from SD-01
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 08:20:15 PM »

Don't have the free time now, but I've been debating doing a KttWH game starting in 1788 in my royalist America timeline. George Washington would be the king (because duh), and the Constitution would have the following edits:

• The executive branch now consists of the king (elected for life by both chambers of Congress [i.e. must pass through both chambers by a majority vote]; likely to change to a popular vote once that stops being viewed as mob rule) and the prime minister (elected in the same way as an OTL president, except early on each elector only gets one vote). Prime Minister appoints a deputy upon taking off, but unlike our timeline, said deputy does not need to be from a different state than prime minister. This deputy is effectively vice president.
  • King is Head of State and Commander-in-Chief; Prime Minister is Head of Government.
  • While impeachment and overriding of veto against the Prime Minister are the same as OTL president, the king holds absolute veto power, but can be ousted by what's known as the doctrine of sic semper tyrannis, wherein a vote of three quarters of both chambers of Congress (or a two thirds vote in both chambers backed up by a simple majority of Supreme Court Justices) accusing the king of "tyranny, incapacity to fulfill his duties, treason, bribery, or high crimes and misdemeanors" will result in the king being overthrown and a new one being elected.
  • Everything else is pretty much the same.

The game would open on the leadup to the first prime ministerial election, with players free to form their own factions to morph into political parties, coax major political players of the day to their side, and, as time goes on, help to shape the young new kingdom (although no, you will not be allowed to get rid of the monarchy). Won't be up until at least August, and maybe later than that.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 08:53:34 PM »

That's a great idea

Is that timeline on Atlas, if so please link

Sadly, no aside from a list of kings and prime ministers on the alternate presidents thread.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 08:58:26 PM »

Don't have the free time now, but I've been debating doing a KttWH game starting in 1788 in my royalist America timeline. George Washington would be the king (because duh), and the Constitution would have the following edits:

• The executive branch now consists of the king (elected for life by both chambers of Congress [i.e. must pass through both chambers by a majority vote]; likely to change to a popular vote once that stops being viewed as mob rule) and the prime minister (elected in the same way as an OTL president, except early on each elector only gets one vote). Prime Minister appoints a deputy upon taking off, but unlike our timeline, said deputy does not need to be from a different state than prime minister. This deputy is effectively vice president.
  • King is Head of State and Commander-in-Chief; Prime Minister is Head of Government.
  • While impeachment and overriding of veto against the Prime Minister are the same as OTL president, the king holds absolute veto power, but can be ousted by what's known as the doctrine of sic semper tyrannis, wherein a vote of three quarters of both chambers of Congress (or a two thirds vote in both chambers backed up by a simple majority of Supreme Court Justices) accusing the king of "tyranny, incapacity to fulfill his duties, treason, bribery, or high crimes and misdemeanors" will result in the king being overthrown and a new one being elected.

The game would open on the leadup to the first prime ministerial election, with players free to form their own factions to morph into political parties, coax major political players of the day to their side, and, as time goes on, help to shape the young new kingdom (although no, you will not be allowed to get rid of the monarchy). Won't be up until at least August, and maybe later than that.

that sounds like an interesting idea. I might be down to play it. If you need any help with potential foreign events for it, feel free to contact me as this could lead to a radically different world by 1800 alone.

I was hoping either you or UWS (or both) could help with the alternate historical aspect.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 09:13:08 PM »

that sounds like an interesting idea. I might be down to play it. If you need any help with potential foreign events for it, feel free to contact me as this could lead to a radically different world by 1800 alone.

I was hoping either you or UWS (or both) could help with the alternate historical aspect.

Sure, I'd be glad to. Just send me a message on Discord when you want any potential questions.

Will do, m8.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies