Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:40:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 60028 times)
King Saul
Rookie
« on: January 10, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »

There are three game ideas I am currently working:

1) The War of 1812. The British have just burned Washington to the ground, forcing President Madison to flee the city. How does this war progress? Has the American experiment failed? Meanwhile, war rages in Europe, with the British fighting Napoleon's French Empire on the continent as the Frenchman looks to build an empire from Iberia to Siberia.

2) A New Era. Set in 1901, just after the death of Queen Victoria. The young King Edward VII sits on the British throne as fissures in the great British Empire began to develop. How will he respond to these challenges and set himself apart from his mighty mother? Across the Atlantic, the American President William McKinley is seeking to build an empire of his own and has come into conflict with the Spanish in the process while also having to deal with a rise in radical labor at home.

3) Gods and Men. It is 1630. King Charles II has just reclaimed the throne of England in the name of his late father. Now he must deal with rebuilding his kingdom, as well as dealing with matters of faith, as rumors abound that he harbors Catholic sentiments. The tides are also turning in foreign policy, as the Anglo-Dutch alliance established under Queen Elizabeth is fraying and there is support growing for a pro-French policy in court.

Does anyone have any thoughts or input as to what idea they like the most (or dislike the most)?

I liked ideas 1 and 3 more, although I would be willing to play idea 2 as well.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »

Nice , a new classical NG !.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 02:31:16 PM »

Would there be any enthusiasm some time in the future for a GoT game that takes the HBO ending and moves on a generation to next
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

?

I think it could be really good fun and interesting, possibly using leonardo’s diplomacraft system, which I really liked...

Sounds a great idea for me.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 10:01:51 PM »

Would there be any enthusiasm some time in the future for a GoT game that takes the HBO ending and moves on a generation to next

?

I think it could be really good fun and interesting, possibly using leonardo’s diplomacraft system, which I really liked...

But unfortunately it seems that I was the only one who liked this idea.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »

?

But unfortunately it seems that I was the only one who liked this idea.

To be honest I would be beyond enthusiastic for a game with Garlan as GM - though I'd probably wouldn't have the time to play -, it's just that with the HBO Ending being so... let's say controversial (and questionable in terms of the politics) it may be too soon? Perhaps a different setting (ASOIAF or historical) might have even greater potential.

The Freys game in which Garlan was the GM was great, maybe the idea would be better for the game to happen after Bran's death, but as for other scenarios, maybe the Dragon Dance?, Or one of the Blackfyre Rebellions ? but I think several other scenarios that may be more interesting than the world of Got after Season 8 I'll admit.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 10:25:40 PM »

The Freys game in which Garlan was the GM was great, maybe the idea would be better for the game to happen after Bran's death, but as for other scenarios, maybe the Dragon Dance?, Or one of the Blackfyre Rebellions ? but I think several other scenarios that may be more interesting than the world of Got after Season 8 I'll admit.

There's certainly a lot of scenarios within ASOIAF, thankfully. There's indeed the Dance of the Dragons, the Blackfyre rebellions and the Great Council of Aegon V, there could be an alternate end to Robert's Rebellion that ends with a Great Council to elect a King, and so on.

I usually walk at a time thinking about how it would be a game in which Robert's Rebellion ends differently and a Renly as a child is King on the Iron Throne and then would advance to 17 years ahead and could have several changes in the recent history of Westeros.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 11:28:28 PM »

There's certainly a lot of scenarios within ASOIAF, thankfully. There's indeed the Dance of the Dragons, the Blackfyre rebellions and the Great Council of Aegon V, there could be an alternate end to Robert's Rebellion that ends with a Great Council to elect a King, and so on.

I usually walk at a time thinking about how it would be a game in which Robert's Rebellion ends differently and a Renly as a child is King on the Iron Throne and then would advance to 17 years ahead and could have several changes in the recent history of Westeros.

Not bad! There was a Fan Fic I read once - a decent one - in which Jon Arryn ended up taking the throne after a very messy end of the war, that should be interesting if you fast-forward and he dies without an heir (no Robin, for example). There's certainly room to experiment.

Oh, that would also be a very interesting scenario for a game.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 07:22:54 PM »

Three of the best games I have played were DiplomaCraft, Lord of the Crossing, and the old Roman game(in the 60s/50s BC). I’d particularly be interested in rebooting the Lord of the Crossing.

Of course, most Westeros/Essos based games would be more interesting, in my mind, not set in the time period of the main series.

I would love to participate in a new version of Lord of Crossing, it was really a great game, the scenarios in the past with more potential I think would be The Conquest of Aegon (maybe an alternate version in which Aegon resolves to create the New Valyria Empire and was conquered Essos rather than Westeros), Dance of the Dragons, and almost all Blackfyre Rebellions (Blackfyre's Second Rebellion did not last long enough to set the scene for a game in my opinion).
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »

I'm considering posting an interest thread fro my old King of the Blackwater scenario for ASOIAF.

Sounds interesting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies