Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2019, 09:40:50 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Lumine)
  Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves) (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Suggestion Thread - (Proposals, Ideas, Reserves)  (Read 12456 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« on: February 17, 2018, 05:13:03 pm »

Evening!

I've started this thread as one of several measures I'm considering to address either an excess or a lack of games (both of which happen from time to time).

The purpose of this thread is multiple, including proposals for games you'd like to see on the board, ideas for games you plan to host (so people are aware of what games may come in the future), reserving a concept or a scenario to avoid having too many games on the same subject, and so on.

If well used, I'd imagine this could allow us to coordinate games more efficiently, as well as measure public interest on the ideas people may have.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 05:57:09 pm »

As for myself I'm fully occupied with Forward (2012 Election Game) and The Death of Kings (ASOIAF-based game), but I would like to reserve a concept for an historical game to host at some point, although I have no idea when.

Img

Provisional Title: "Dynasties and Empires"

Context: A game set in 1519, right at the onset of the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Conquest of the Americas, the supremacy of the Ottoman Empire, the conflict between the young monarchs Henry VIII of England, Charles I of Spain and Francis I of France, and an election for Holy Roman Emperor which might decide the future of the Empire.

Among the playable characters one would find famous monarchs such as Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Manuel I (Portugal) and Selim I, as well as other relevant characters such as the beleaugered Pope Leo X, James V of Scotland, the infortunate Louis II of Hungary and Bohemia, the Republic of Venice, the conflicting King of Denmark and the Swedish Regent and so on.

And, given the richness of the moment, the wide cast would also allow interaction with characters such as Cardinal Wolsey, Martin Luther, Moctezuma and the conquistadors, Richard de la Pole (last of the Yorkist claimants), Catherine of Aragon, the explorer Magellan, and so on. The game would most likely feature turns of one year, so we can advance into a much different world.

I was bored the other day, so I also took the time to make a map for future use (with the undiscovered areas hidden, as players will have to be both skilled and lucky to discover much of the New World):

Img

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 06:24:44 pm »

I just noticed two more election games, maybe the creators should not start game play till one of the other election games is done with

While I can't compel people not to host games, I've said several times oversaturation of election games helps no one. In fact, it hinders games, reducing potential players and dividing up efforts an energy.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 05:56:00 pm »

Maybe we should stop flooding the forum with the same type of games that keep failing. Just a thought.

Please. Gentlemen, do we really need more than one election game running at the same time? It would be much easier to have an active, engaged election game with a large playerbase if there weren't several election games that suffer an early death.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:27:43 pm »

Considering how amazing Concert of Europe was and how disappointed I was when the English Civil War game was cancelled and Windjammer's World War I game was delayed, I believe that someone should make another historical strategy game. My recommendations are a 16th century Italian Wars game, a Thirty Years' War game, or a Louis XIV wars game.

I'd like to strongly endorse this and encourage someone who wishes to host a historical game to do so. I am in no state to host (nor will I be for a while), but I would very much enjoy playing one of these games.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 11:35:12 am »

I have certain plans for a new, slightly different British 17th century game if there is interest? With players controlling individual political characters rather than whole nations

I would enjoy such a game, Garlan! I hope you go forward with the concept.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 10:43:53 pm »

Noted! I'll work up some stuff - shall I then plonk it here or in own thread?

Working title - Mercurius Britannicus...

By all means, Garlan, create your own thread if you're ready!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 04:41:52 pm »

Bumping this because I'm dying to play a strategy game, just in case there's someone tempted to host.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 08:09:11 pm »

Bumping this because I'm dying to play a strategy game, just in case there's someone tempted to host.

One idea I have been having, (my schedule is a little crazy so I was hoping you could host, but I think you want to play) is a Kaiserreich Game based off the HOI4 Mod. Basically just BoP in the Kaiserreich world. If I were to host, I would definitely need your help on doing so. I know a couple of folks were interested.

Oh, I'd love that! I played Kaiserreich on DH and I love the mod, it certainly offers much potential as a BoP style game. Myself I cannot host because of my present condition (which led to my inability to continue The Death of Kings) and would wish to play, but I can offer necessary input and advice (or help with maps, backstory and the like) without problems.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 06:22:10 pm »

As for myself I'm fully occupied with Forward (2012 Election Game) and The Death of Kings (ASOIAF-based game), but I would like to reserve a concept for an historical game to host at some point, although I have no idea when.

Img

Provisional Title: "Dynasties and Empires"

Context: A game set in 1519, right at the onset of the Protestant Reformation, the Spanish Conquest of the Americas, the supremacy of the Ottoman Empire, the conflict between the young monarchs Henry VIII of England, Charles I of Spain and Francis I of France, and an election for Holy Roman Emperor which might decide the future of the Empire.

Among the playable characters one would find famous monarchs such as Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Manuel I (Portugal) and Selim I, as well as other relevant characters such as the beleaugered Pope Leo X, James V of Scotland, the infortunate Louis II of Hungary and Bohemia, the Republic of Venice, the conflicting King of Denmark and the Swedish Regent and so on.

And, given the richness of the moment, the wide cast would also allow interaction with characters such as Cardinal Wolsey, Martin Luther, Moctezuma and the conquistadors, Richard de la Pole (last of the Yorkist claimants), Catherine of Aragon, the explorer Magellan, and so on. The game would most likely feature turns of one year, so we can advance into a much different world.

I was bored the other day, so I also took the time to make a map for future use (with the undiscovered areas hidden, as players will have to be both skilled and lucky to discover much of the New World):

Img

I really like this idea and will put it in my pocket, with Lumine's permission, for when the Encore of Europe reaches its natural conclusion.

By all means! Feel free to use it.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 08:39:35 pm »

Alternatively, I've started reading "The Heir Apparent: A Life of Edward VII, the Playboy Prince" by Jane Ridley. It's sparked my interested in the Late Victorian/Edwardian eras. Would there maybe be interest in a 1900-ish Encore of Europe type game?

I'm always down for those. Taking the evolved concept of Concert/Encore and combining it with the setting of Balance of Power would make for a great experience.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 10:25:12 pm »

Frankly, I've always thought we need a Napoleonic Game, the last one to take place there was one of the earlier ones some five to six years ago. I'd probably play all three of them, but some Napoleonic setting is something that I think has a lot of potential.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 09:09:43 pm »

Would people rather see a new nation game a la Dynasties and Empires or a new mock parliament a la The Great Experiment? I'm very open, and interested, in moving down either path.

I think that the nation game, if that's the path, would be a War of 1812/Napoleonic game.

Both sound excellent to be honest, and would enthusiastically play either. 1812 would seem slightly more appealing not knowing what the mock parliament setting would be, what did you had in mind?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 04:53:26 pm »

I've decided on the War of 1812/Napoleonic game. It will probably be posted this weekend. Stay tuned!

I await with great interest, good sir!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies