2004: Kerry doesn't run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:20:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: Kerry doesn't run
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: 2004: Kerry doesn't run  (Read 17473 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2018, 05:49:29 PM »
« edited: February 17, 2018, 06:00:11 PM by BushKerry04 »

March 1, 2003 - BREAKING: Kerry ends presidential exploratory committee, won't run for President

Bush Approval:
Approve 48%
Disapprove 45%

Democratic Presidential Nomination:
Joe Lieberman 15%
Howard Dean 12%
Wesley Clark 12%
Dick Gephardt 10%
Al Sharpton 5%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Bob Graham 2%
Gary Hart 2%
John Edwards 2%
Undecided: 38%

Hypothetical General election match-ups:

Clark 48% Bush 45%
Lieberman 46% Bush 45%
Bush 47% Dean 44%
Bush 49% Gephardt 41%
Bush 48% Hart 41%
Bush 55% Sharpton 35%

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »

Dean 2004!
BushKerry04

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:45:55 PM »

June 15, 2003 - Wesley Clark to seek Democratic Presidential Nomination, promises "higher standard of leadership."

WASHINGTON, DC - According to sources close to the Republican National Committee, members of President George W. Bush's campaign team believe that Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman would be the most formidable opponent for the President in the fall of 2004. The sources say that the Bush team believes that Bush's path to re-election is being able to paint his Democratic opponent as more ideologically left-wing than practical while touting the economic recovery and the President's image as a strong leader on national security. The Bush team is confident they can easily make that case in a race against Howard Dean or Dick Gephardt, but that doing so against Joe Lieberman, who has supported much of Bush's foreign policy and who polls well with independents, could be difficult. The sources also say the Bush team is convinced that while Wesley Clark is a stronger candidate than Dean or Gephardt, he isn't a seasoned campaigner like Lieberman.
BushKerry04

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 11:28:09 PM »

August 25, 2003 - Democratic Presidential Candidates participate in first debate

"The American people deserve a higher standard of leadership, and I believe my experience making the tough decisions, defending our security interests around the world, forging alliances and negotiating peace, and advocating on behalf of our service men and women and their families prepares me to offer Americans that leadership. Today, we have a President of the United States who sent us into an unnecessary war without a strategy to be successful, a President who undermines our allies, and a President who has eroded our civil liberties and cut taxes for the wealthy at the expense of health care, education, jobs, and fiscal responsibility here at home. My vision for America differs from George Bush on virtually everything. I have a strategy to help us succeed in Iraq and end the war, and I will work to rebuild our alliances and invest greater resources in our defenses. At home, I'll fight to repeal the President's tax cuts for the wealthy and instead cut taxes for those earning less than $150,000 and small businesses. We'll also end corporate tax loopholes so we can fully fund No Child Left Behind, expand access to health care, work with the VA and community hospitals to help veteran's get better health care, and we can still have money left over to ensure we balance the budget and meet our obligations. President Clinton and grassroots activists across this country urged me to enter this race, and I have every intention of winning to help fulfill the hopes and dreams of millions of Americans who want a President to end this war, protect our country, and grow our economy for all of us, not just the wealthy. If you believe it's time for a higher standard of leadership and new leadership, I ask you to join our cause" - Wesley Clark 

"As Democrats, we've sometimes been reluctant to fight for the principles we believe in. Unfortunately, too many Democrats in Washington went along with George Bush on No Child Left Behind, the medicare prescription drug plan that is a giveaway to the pharmaceutical industry, tax breaks for the very wealthy and large corporations, and the decision to go into Iraq without the properly planning to lead to success. Unfortunately, some of my fellow candidates are asking George Bush questions on these issues, particularly Iraq, now that they should have asked last October when there was a vote on the resolution to go into Iraq. I believe that I represent the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party that used to be able to build coalitions to win elections as we did in 1992 and in years prior to that election. My campaign is not about me, it's about men and women at the grassroots level who want security and not foreign policy adventurism, an economy that works for all of us, and social policies that advance the cause of equality. I believe in the Democratic Party of Harry Truman and John F. Kennedy, a Democratic Party that speaks out against injustice and defends the values of ordinary Americans, not the corporate special interests that have contributed a lot of money to the party's leadership in Washington D.C. If you believe as I do that it's time to stop George Bush and the corporate special interests so we can focus on providing health care for every American child, raising the minimum wage, and repealing No Child Left Behind and the President's tax breaks for the very rich, than I ask you to please join our cause to change America and take our country back" - Howard Dean

“Tonight, I’m hearing a lot of rhetoric on a lot of different issues. I respect Governor Dean and General Clark, but I disagree with them when they say going into Iraq was a mistake. I saw the evidence in the United States Senate and I made the decision to support President Bush’s request to overthrow a brutal regime that undermines our national security and the human rights of innocent Iraqis on a daily basis. Instead of second-guessing a decision that was already made, I am proposing a new direction in Iraq. I believe the Generals on the ground when they say in order for us to leave within a reasonable amount of time and to enhance stability, we have to send in 20,000 additional combat forces for a period of time. My commitment to the American people has been to win this War in Iraq safely and soon, rebuild the alliances George Bush has destroyed with our allies, and again focus on rebuilding the middle class here at home by cutting taxes for 98% of taxpayers and submitting a balanced budget plan that ends corporate subsidies and instead funds programs to clean our air and water and expand health care coverage to every child in America. Whether it was when I marched with Dr. Martin Luther King as a young man, fought for the environment and a woman’s right to choose as Connecticut's Attorney General, or fought to pass the Clinton economic agenda that created 20 million new jobs, I’ve always fought to put people before political party” - Joe Lieberman

“Being President of the United States is the hardest job in the world, it’s a job that requires tough decisions to be made on a daily basis, and it’s a job that requires the individual holding it to expect the unexpected. I have spent my entire adult life making decisions and sticking with them. When the establishment of my own party went along with a plan to cut medicare, I opposed them. When my own party’s President passed a trade agreement that I knew would ship jobs overseas, I opposed that agreement and led the fight against it. Sadly, we lost and nearly a million jobs have been sent overseas as a result. When faced with overwhelming evidence about the need to invade Iraq, I voted to send our young men and women. Governor Dean hasn’t made the decisions I’ve made. Governor Dean has been a darling of the NRA and has advocated for the same trickle-down economic policies supported by President Bush. He's given tax breaks to the wealthiest people in Vermont while I was in Washington D.C. fighting the same kind of tax breaks for the rich at the federal level. So when Governor Dean says he represents the Democratic wing of our party, his record says otherwise. My campaign represents the true values of our party and the values that made our country great.” - Dick Gephardt

"Senator Lieberman,  Senator Edwards, Congressman Gephardt, General Clark, and Governor Dean all support George Bush's policy in Iraq. Senator Lieberman and Senator Edwards co-sponsored the resolution to occupy Iraq, and Congressman Gephardt supported the resolution. General Clark has supported regime change in Iraq for years, and Governor Dean supported regime change until he decided to run for President. Replacing one President with a flawed Iraq policy with another would be a disgrace to our democracy. It's time for us to end the war not in six months or a year from now, but right now. We went into Iraq recklessly, let's bring our troops home because not doing so would be reckless. We should bring our troops home, work with the UN on human rights and worker's rights, and then focus on ending NAFTA and providing universal health care coverage for every single American here at home. It's a shame that Joe Lieberman opposed universal health care coverage in 1993 and it's even more shameful that Howard Dean didn't fight for universal health care coverage as a Governor. Health insurance is a right, and our rights come as humans not as subjects of George Bush, Joe Lieberman, Dick Gephardt, and Washington D.C. It's time for fear to end and hope to begin, and that's why I'm running for President" - Dennis Kucinich

"After George Bush cut funding for the EPA, discouraged affirmative action, appointed judges who are trying to strip away a woman's right to choose, and underfunded education, I knew that the time has come for someone to speak out against this President's reckless policies and insensitivity towards people who think and look differently from him. George Bush is a good man and I don't believe he's a racist, but I don't think his small government ideology is what a divided America needs right now. We need to get back to greater racial and gender equality in this country, we need greater social justice, and we need greater economic equality. Bush has been a corporate shill, a leader for the 1%, and someone who is from the elite and will always serve the elite. This Democratic Party can only overcome the money and special interests intrusion in our electoral process by having a strong grassroots movement across the country, much like Harry Truman did in 1948, to win this election. If we offer nothing to voters other than stopping Bush, we lose. We have to promise to do something positive in addition to reversing all of the garbage Bush has done. We need to promote health care for all, a minimum wage indexed to inflation, greater access to higher education, and to prosecute those who misled us into war" - Al Sharpton

"What I find interesting is the leading four candidates for our party's nomination for President have a nearly identical campaign platform. All are calling for us to repeal the Bush tax cuts and instead cut taxes for middle and lower income Americans, end the war as quickly as we can, and invest in education and health care. While I don't disagree with these priorities, I think we need to offer Americans more as Reverend Sharpton said. My entire adult life has been about fighting for those without a voice, and that's what brings me to this presidential race. Unlike the four leading presidential candidates, I am not going to simply repeal the entirety of the Bush tax cut and rely on the Republicans in Congress to pass another bill to cut taxes for the middle class. What I want to do is move passed the tax debate and actually focus on those things that we need to do to help working families get ahead. Raising the minimum wage is a start, but we also have to invest in job training, community colleges, infrastructure, helping family farmers get ahead, and green energy. On my website, www.johnedwards2004.com, I've put forth specific policies on these issues and others. But I stand separately of the other candidates in that I haven't spent my entire life in politics, but I have spent my entire life fighting for good public policy. I think I have the credibility to challenge George Bush and the Republican Congress and win" - John Edwards 
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:41:55 PM »

Yay! Another timeline! And it’s really good! Clark ‘04!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:43:52 PM »

Prediction: Clark wins and Moseley-Braun is VP/in the Cabinet and then she runs in 2012
BushKerry04

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 05:54:59 PM »

Prediction: Clark wins and Moseley-Braun is VP/in the Cabinet and then she runs in 2012

It's possible, but right now it appears to be a close race......

Yay! Another timeline! And it’s really good! Clark ‘04!

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

September 1, 2003 - Dean rolls out long list of endorsements

Wesley Clark: Retired General Wesley Clark's campaign has picked up momentum in the months following his formal entry into the race. Clark has hired several alumni of Bill Clinton's presidential campaigns and White House. James Carville, a longtime adviser to Clinton who served as the 42nd President's 1992 campaign manager, now is Clark's national campaign manager. Dee Dee Myers, who served as Clinton's White House Press Secretary from 1993-1995, is Clark's communications director. Clark has focused heavily on three themes: electability, Iraq, and the economy. Clark's military service is seen as the candidate's greatest strength, while his lack of experience on the economy seems to be his greatest flaw. Clark has put forth detailed plans on the economy, which has forced some of his critics and opponents to reevaluate the candidate. Most polling shows Clark in the top three nationally and in early states, though internal polling shows he has a comfortable lead in South Carolina. Clark's strategy seems to be a 3,2,1 strategy: place 3rd in Iowa, 2nd in New Hampshire, 1st in South Carolina, and use the momentum to be in a strong position for Super Tuesday. Most pundits agree Clark's prospects are helped greatly by the support of Former President Bill Clinton and Clinton's ability to raise money for the candidate. Clark presently trails Howard Dean in terms of fundraising, but has done well for a first time candidate.
Howard Dean: Former Governor of Vermont Howard Dean is considered a front-runner for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. While he's close to Wesley Clark and Joe Lieberman in polls, Dean leads the Democratic field of candidates in the majority of polls released over the past three months. Dean also currently leads the Democratic field in Iowa and has more Congressional endorsements of any candidate. While Wesley Clark has seen a surge of support with grassroots activists, Dean still enjoys the most support from the Democratic Party's liberal wing and amongst younger voters. Dean leads the Democratic pack in terms of fundraising and has more staff than any other candidate. Most of Dean's staff are seasoned veterans of Democratic campaigns; his campaign manager is Joe Trippi, a longtime Democratic Party campaign strategist. Like Wesley Clark, Dean has focused a lot on his opposition to the War in Iraq, but also focuses heavily on health care and criticizing President George W. Bush's economic agenda. Dean is the only Democrat running a "50 state strategy" and has campaigned in more states, though with less frequency in early states when compared to other candidates.
Joe Lieberman: Joe Lieberman still polls in the top three (along with Wesley Clark and Howard Dean) in most national and early state polls, but the candidate has lost support with his party's base, though still is the favorite with independent voters. Lieberman's campaign team is a mixture of those who worked on his campaigns in Connecticut and alumni of the Gore campaign in 2000. Donna Brazile, who served as Al Gore's campaign manager in 2000, is currently serving as Lieberman's campaign manager. The Lieberman campaign strategy is simple: let Clark and Dean battle for the base and make sure to get independents to the polls. Lieberman has been unapologetic in his support for the War in Iraq, and has focused much of his energy on defending his position. Lieberman has also touted a report stating that President George W. Bush's re-election campaign doesn't want Lieberman to be the Democratic Presidential Nominee. Lieberman is in fourth in terms of fundraising (behind Dean, Clark, and Gephardt) and has focused solely on New Hampshire's Presidential Primary, choosing to skip Iowa altogether.
Dick Gephardt: The House Democratic Leader was initially supposed to be the favorite of the Democratic Party's establishment wing in the race for President, but that has slowly changed as Howard Dean has won the support of more Senators and members of Congress than any other Democratic Presidential hopeful and Former President Bill Clinton and his closest allies have endorsed Retired General Wesley Clark. Gephardt's big advantage at the moment is that he is still competitive with Dean and Clark in terms of fundraising, but he has lost ground in terms of polling and grassroots support. Gephardt's campaign team is primarily made up of those who have helped him in his past campaigns and those with close ties to the Democratic National Committee. Gephardt's campaign strategy appears to be a "heartland strategy" in which the candidate's populist appeal helps him win midwestern and eventually, southern contests.
John Edwards: North Carolina's Junior United States Senator lags behind other candidates in terms of polling, establishment backing, grassroots support, and money. Edwards has a relatively small staff, the majority of whom are in Iowa. Edwards' team is trying to weaken opponent Wesley Clark in Iowa and New Hampshire so their candidate can defy expectations in South Carolina and go into Super Tuesday with enough momentum to be the sole challenger to Howard Dean. To accomplish this, Edwards is making the case in Iowa that his economic plan accomplishes more of what progressives want than Clark's, while also arguing that Edwards has stronger foreign policy credentials than Dean.
Dennis Kucinich: With most polls showing him in last or second to last, Dennis Kucinich's presidential campaign has only raised $750,000 and only has a staff of three. Kucinich has given his campaign a loan of $200,000 to pay for some campaign rally signs and at least one 30 second ad in Iowa. Kucinich has made his strategy very public: the candidate will appeal to the most liberal voters in Iowa and believes if he can place in the top four, momentum for his campaign will grow.
Al Sharpton: Reverend Al Sharpton  is largely ignoring his Democratic opponents and focusing instead on criticizing President George W. Bush. Sharpton generally competes with Dennis Kucinich for last place in most polls, but did bring in $900,000 since announcing his run for President. Sharpton has a small staff of ten; six in South Carolina, two in Iowa, and two in New York. Sharpton believes he can force an open Democratic Party convention in which he can either emerge as the nominee or at the very least, get his socially progressive platform into the Democratic Party's platform in 2004.
BushKerry04

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 10:10:18 PM »

September 20, 2003 - Wesley Clarks rolls out Clinton administration endorsements, support from current and former elected officials

LITTLE ROCK, AR - The campaign of Retired General Wesley Clark announced that several Clinton administration officials, U.S. Senators, Former and current Governors, and members of Congress are backing Clark's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination. Here are those endorsing Clark:

Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright
Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Larry Summers
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Harold Brown
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Perry
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense and Republican U.S. Senator William Cohen
Former U.S. Secretary of Education Richard Riley
Former U.S. Secretary of Veteran's Affairs Togo West
Former U.S. Secretary of Veteran's Affairs Hazel R. O'Leary
Former EPA Administrator Carol Browner
Former U.S. Trade Representative Mickey Kantor
Former White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta
U.S. Senator John Kerry (D-MA)
U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
U.S. Senator Max Baucus (D-MT)
U.S. Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)
U.S. Senator Mark Pryor (D-AR)
U.S. Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL)
U.S. Senator Bob Graham (D-FL)
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of Arkansas, Texas, New Hampshire, Florida, and South Carolina
The entire Democratic delegation of State Legislators in New Hampshire and South Carolina
Governor John Baldacci (D-ME)
Governor Brad Henry (D-OK)
Governor Phil Bredesen (D-TN)
Governor Dave Freudenthal (D-WY)
Governor Mark Warner (D-VA)
Governor Ruth Ann Minner (D-DE)
Former Governor of South Carolina Jim Hodges
Former Governor of New Hampshire Jeanne Shaheen
Former U.S. Senator and 1984 & 1988 Presidential Hopeful Gary Hart

October 1, 2003 - Moderate Democrats endorse Lieberman for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman's presidential campaign announced that the candidate has been endorsed by several moderate Democrats across the country. U.S. Senator Zell Miller of Georgia, U.S. Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana, Governor of West Virginia Bob Wise, and members of the moderate "blue dog" coalition of Democrats in the House all are backing Lieberman for President. "Joe Lieberman puts people before politics and understands that governing is about solutions, not ideology," Bayh said at a Lieberman rally in New Hampshire.

October 10, 2003 - President George W. Bush launches re-election campaign at Texas rally

MIDLAND, TX - President George W. Bush officially launched his re-election campaign during a rally in Midland, Texas. Bush was joined by his family, including Governor of Florida Jeb Bush and his parents George and Barbara, Vice President Dick Cheney, U.S. Senator John McCain of Arizona, Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani, Governor of Texas Rick Perry, and U.S. Senators John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison at the event. "I want to lead this nation for four more years to continue to protect the homeland, keep taxes low, and make sure our economy continues to grow. We've come a long way together, and now we must win this election and do what's right to defend our security, our economy, and our values," Bush told an enthusiastic crowd of about 1,500. Bush said he wants to work on immigration reform, preserving social security, and stabilizing Iraq in a second term.

October 27, 2003 - Gore backs Dean for President

AMES, IA - Former Vice President Al Gore, the 2000 Democratic Presidential Nominee, endorsed Howard Dean for President at a campaign rally in Ames, Iowa. "Howard Dean has shown over the course of this campaign and his career that he has sound judgement, something that this President clearly lacks. If we want to bring our troops home and rebuild America, we need to nominate the strongest candidate to win the election and fight for a progressive agenda. I have no doubt Howard Dean is that candidate," Gore stated.

November 1, 2003 - CNN survey: Clark, Dean surge ahead as Lieberman fades; Clark strongest against Bush; Americans divided about Bush

Bush Approval
Approve: 47%
Disapprove: 45%

National Democratic Primary
Howard Dean 21%
Wesley Clark 20%
Joe Lieberman 10%
Dick Gephardt 8%
John Edwards 5%
Al Sharpton 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Undecided 35%

Iowa Democratic Caucuses
Howard Dean 25%
Wesley Clark 20%
Dick Gephardt 18%
Joe Lieberman 9%
John Edwards 4%
Al Sharpton 2%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Undecided 21%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Howard Dean 22%
Wesley Clark 21%
Joe Lieberman 19%
Dick Gephardt 8%
John Edwards 6%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Al Sharpton 1%
Undecided 21%

South Carolina Democratic Primary
Wesley Clark 33%
Howard Dean 15%
Joe Lieberman 14%
John Edwards 10%
Dick Gephardt 9%
Al Sharpton 5%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Undecided 13%

Michigan Democratic Primary
Howard Dean 23%
Wesley Clark 20%
Joe Lieberman 12%
Dick Gephardt 12%
John Edwards 10%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Al Sharpton 1%
Undecided 20%

General election match ups

Wesley Clark 49% George W. Bush 42%
George W. Bush 48% Howard Dean 45%
George W. Bush 45% Joe Lieberman 45%
George W. Bush 47% Dick Gephardt 44%
George W. Bush 49% John Edwards 41%
George W. Bush 51% Dennis Kucinich 38%
George W. Bush 50% Al Sharpton 39%

BushKerry04

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 10:16:08 PM »

November 10, 2003 - TV ads running in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

"Plan"
WESLEY CLARK: I'm Wesley Clark, Democrat for President. During my 28 years in the United States military, I helped forge alliances, liberate people, defend our national security interests, and advocate for better health care and education for service men and women and their families. No matter what I did, I always had a plan for success. Sadly, George Bush sent us into Iraq without a plan to win, and he has no plan on jobs, health care, and education here at home. I do. In Iraq, I'll rebuild the alliances George Bush has weakened so we can bring stability to Iraq and bring our troops home. Instead of cutting taxes for the wealthy here at home, I'll reverse the Bush tax cuts for the rich and instead cut the income tax by 30% for those earning less than $150,000 while creating a new tax break for small businesses that expand and hire. I'll stop corporate tax loopholes and instead invest in health care, fully fund No Child Left Behind, work with VA hospitals and community clinics to improve veteran's health care, and I'll balance the budget. I'm Wesley Clark and I approve this message because it's time for a higher standard of leadership and a President with a plan for our future.

"True"
NARRATOR: While Democrats in Washington were supporting George Bush's tax breaks for the rich, No Child Left Behind, and a medicare prescription drug program that's a giveaway to the pharmaceutical industry, one Democrat refused to go along to get along. Howard Dean. In Vermont, Dean raised the minimum wage, cut state income taxes twice, and provided health care to nearly every child in his state. Now Howard Dean is running for President, to end George Bush's reckless foreign policy, expand medical coverage to every child in America, roll back tax breaks for the wealthy, and reform a broken campaign finance system.
HOWARD DEAN: We can take our country back, but it's up to you. I'm Howard Dean, and I approved this message because it's time we stood up to George Bush and changed America for the better.

"Courage" (New Hampshire only)
NARRATOR: When he marched with Dr. King, he did so because it was right. As Connecticut's Attorney General, he took on corporate polluters and defended a woman's right to choose. In the Senate, he fought for the Clinton economic agenda that balanced the budget and created 20 million new jobs. That's why the New Hampshire-Union Leader has said, "Joe Lieberman has always had the courage to do the right thing" and why Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona has praised Lieberman as "a once in a generation leader who gets things done." Joe Lieberman for President. The courage to do what's right.
JOE LIEBERMAN: I'm Joe Lieberman, and I approved this message.

"Difference"
NARRATOR: The difference is leadership
HOWARD DEAN 9/25/03: As for the $87 billion, I think it's something they have to vote on and probably should pass
HOWARD DEAN 10/1/03: I'd oppose the $87 billion if it didn't include a repeal of the President's tax cuts
NARRATOR: The Wall Street Journal has said Howard Dean's position on funding our troops can be best classified as "an epic flip-flop" and even Dean supporter Bill Richardson says "Dean needs to clarify his position on the $87 billion."
DICK GEPHARDT: I'm Dick Gephardt. In Congress, I've made tough decisions. I took on my own party to oppose NAFTA and supported going into Iraq and funding the troops I voted to send their in the first place. I approved this ad because leadership is about making decisions whether they be hard or easy.

"About"
JOHN EDWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT SPEECH 7/25/03: The leading candidates for the nomination of our party haven't visited shuttered factories or spoken with families at their kitchen tables, but I have. My fight is your fight, and I'm running not to talk about hypothetical policies and numbers, but to make sure we do what we can to lift up working families in America. I have spoken with families scared that they won't be able to put food on the table for their kids, I've spoken with seniors who have had the make the choice of whether to buy medicine or pay the electric bill, and I've talked with veterans who are living under bridges after having served our country in uniform. Here is my promise to you, the American people. As your President, I'll never forget where I came from and I'll never stop fighting for you.
JOHN EDWARDS: I'm John Edwards and I approved this message.

"Hope"
NARRATOR: Fear ends, hope begins. There's one progressive in the race for President, and that's Dennis Kucinich.
DENNIS KUCINICH: I'm running for President to provide health care for every American, get rid of NAFTA, raise the minimum wage, and end George Bush's War in Iraq. Join me and together, we'll stand up for progressive values. I'm Dennis Kucinich and I authorized this ad.

"Civil Rights"
AL SHARPTON: I'm Al Sharpton and I'm running for President. I'm the only candidate who has promised to appoint justices who support a woman's right to choose, the only one who supports affirmative action, and one of two candidates who favors public financing of all American elections. Our democracy shouldn't be for sale, but George Bush and Howard Dean have sold out to the special interests. I won't. I'll fight for your civil rights just as Dr. King and others fought for mine. I'm Al Sharpton and I authorized this message.

"Stronger"
GEORGE W. BUSH CPAC 2003 SPEECH 2/20/03: Today, America is safer, stronger, and prouder than we were just three short years ago. Our economy has created jobs, the tax base has grown, the achievement gap in education is shrinking, and we are safer around the world. But make no mistake about it, our opponents want to reverse the policies of the past four years. The leaders of the Democratic Party have proposed $1 trillion in new taxes and $1.5 trillion in new spending. It's up to us to win the election of 2004 to stop them from preventing us from reaching our full potential. My pledge to you is to continue to make our country more secure and prosperous than we've ever been.
GEORGE W. BUSH: I'm George W. Bush and I approved this message.

December 14, 2003 - Democratic candidates respond to the capture of Iraqi Dictator Saddam Hussein

WASHINGTON, DC - Following the U.S. military's capture of Saddam Hussein and President George W. Bush's White House address on that capture, the Democratic Presidential Hopefuls responded to the news in different ways. Senators Joe Lieberman and John Edwards took to the U.S. Senate floor and said Hussein's capture was a strategic victory for the United States. Lieberman cautioned those who believe the mission in Iraq is now over. Congressman Dennis Kucinich and Reverend Al Sharpton released statements congratulating U.S. troops, but again called for an immediate end to the war. Appearing on several television shows, Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean said that he would not be making any comments as to his position on Iraq out of respect for President Bush and the U.S. military. House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt and Retired General Wesley Clark, both speaking on the campaign trail in New Hampshire, praised the capture of Hussein, but called on the Bush administration to work with U.S. allies on a strategy to end the war. 

January 10, 2003 - Survey: Heading into Iowa, Dean and Clark remain favorites, Lieberman fades to 4th; Bush approval up

Bush Approval
Approve: 52%
Disapprove: 44%

Howard Dean 28%
Wesley Clark 25%
Dick Gephardt 10%
Joe Lieberman 8%
John Edwards 4%
Al Sharpton 2%
Dennis Kucinich 1%

Iowa Democratic Caucuses
Howard Dean 30%
Wesley Clark 27%
Dick Gephardt 15%
Joe Lieberman 5%
John Edwards 3%
Al Sharpton 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%

Howard Dean 27%
Wesley Clark 25%
Joe Lieberman 9%
Dick Gephardt 7%
John Edwards 3%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Al Sharpton 1%

Wesley Clark 37%
Howard Dean 15%
Dick Gephardt 5%
Joe Lieberman 5%
John Edwards 5%
Al Sharpton 3%
Dennis Kucinich 1%

Howard Dean 28%
Wesley Clark 28%
Dick Gephardt 12%
Joe Lieberman 7%
Dennis Kucinich 2%
Al Sharpton 1%
BushKerry04

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 02:23:47 PM »

January 19, 2004 - Iowa Caucuses: Dean wins, Edwards places a surprise third; Sharpton withdrawals

Howard Dean 31%
Wesley Clark 29%
John Edwards 18%
Joe Lieberman 12%
Dennis Kucinich 2%

Howard Dean 33%
Wesley Clark 33%
Joe Lieberman 15%
John Edwards 14%
Dennis Kucinich 1%

Wesley Clark 40%
John Edwards 15%
Howard Dean 15%
Joe Lieberman 7%
Dennis Kucinich 1%

Howard Dean 30%
Wesley Clark 29%
John Edwards 21%
Joe Lieberman 12%
Dennis Kucinich 3%

BushKerry04

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 12:37:13 AM »

January 27, 2004 - New Hampshire Primary: Clark wins decisive victory, Lieberman places second

Wesley Clark 35%
Joe Lieberman 25%
Howard Dean 23%
John Edwards 15
Dennis Kucinich 1%

MANCHESTER, NH - With strong support from moderates, union households, the elderly, and those who consider electability and foreign policy top priorities of theirs, Retired General Wesley Clark built a broad coalition to win New Hampshire's Democratic Presidential primary, something that seemed unlikely just weeks ago. Clark won a plurality of voters who decided on who to support more than six months ago and less than two days ago, while opponents Howard Dean and Joe Lieberman tied amongst those who decided within the past month. Dean won strong support from younger voters as Lieberman won the overwhelming support of independents. Clark and Dean tied with those with a college degree, though Clark easily won the votes of those without a college degree.

BushKerry04

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 01:32:51 PM »

February 3, 2004 - Wesley Clark sweeps contests, Edwards and Kucinich withdrawal

Rather: Polls have down that General Wesley Clark, the Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander, is the only Democrat who presently leads you in a potential general election. Many pundits believe Clark's appeal is his foreign policy experience. 62% of Americans approve of your handling of foreign policy. How concerned are you that General Clark's foreign policy credentials could hurt your chances at winning re-election?

Bush: I have tremendous respect for General Clark's service in uniform. But campaigns aren't just about experience. Working with Congress, I'm proud of this administration's accomplishments and ability to defend the homeland. General Clark opposed the mission to remove Saddam Hussein from power despite overwhelming evidence that the world would be better off with a new Iraqi regime. The American people understand this and he has a tough case to make to voters. The General also opposes the Patriot Act, something bipartisan majorities in Congress supported and a majority of Americans support. So the answer to your question is, I think General Clark is a formidable opponent, but he is out of touch with the majority of Americans on Iraq and other important issues.

Rather: While he's no longer the front-runner for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, Howard Dean, the Former Governor of Vermont, continues to attack you. Yesterday, Dean questioned your fitness to lead and said that you were more focused on overthrowing foreign regimes and giving tax breaks to the rich to care about working Americans. What do you make of his comments?

Bush: In an election year, a lot is said. The kind of rhetoric he used there is over the top and explains why so many people are fed up with politics. I can also tell you that my focus is keeping this country safe and growing this economy, and we are doing both of these things.

Rather: Senator Joe Lieberman has defended much of your foreign policy, but has been sharply critical of you on domestic affairs. Lieberman said yesterday that the economy isn't growing as fast as it would if you would abandon what he referred to as "economic fantasy." How do you respond?

Bush: We inherited a dot com bubble that burst and we went into recession. Thanks to the tax relief Congress passed and I signed into law, it was the shortest recession in recent history. Our economy is growing, we've created 2 million jobs in the past 10 months alone, GDP growth is up last quarter, and welfare rolls are down. If we continue to keep taxes low, embrace free trade, and limit government, we'll continue to see jobs created. So the Senator is mistaken.
BushKerry04

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 01:10:59 PM »

February 7, 2004 - Clark wins Michigan, Washington

SACRAMENTO, CA - At a campaign speech in Sacramento, California, Democratic Presidential Hopeful Howard Dean said that he was committed to giving Democrats a choice on Super Tuesday and would not withdrawal from the presidential race. "Democrats will have a choice between one candidate who has refused to embrace universal health care, a full repeal of the President's tax cuts, and a cap and trade system and one candidate, that'd be me, who embraces progressive principles consistently," Dean stated.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 07:32:44 PM »

Go Clark!
BushKerry04

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 12:28:50 PM »

February 24, 2004 - Clark wins Hawaii and Idaho

"I spoke with General Clark last night, I called him to congratulate him on his becoming the Democratic Presidential Nominee. I told General Clark that I respect his service in uniform and that while we will have major disagreements during this campaign, I always have and always will respect his commitment to country. Campaigns are about the records and ideals of the candidates but more importantly, they reflect the visions of the American people. I believe that our country is safer, stronger, and prouder today than we were in 2000. I think this administration has made tough decisions and we've done our best to protect the homeland and make sure this economy is vibrant. I'll run on my record this fall" - President George W. Bush

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »

Great TL! Go Wesley Clark. A Clark/Gephardt ticket would be great.
BushKerry04

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 01:22:38 AM »

Great TL! Go Wesley Clark. A Clark/Gephardt ticket would be great.

Thank you! It's possible....

March 10, 2004 - Survey: Nation divided on Bush, Iraq; Clark leads in tight presidential race

WASHINGTON, DC - A new Gallup survey finds that Americans are divided as to President George W. Bush's job performance and the War in Iraq. 47% of Americans approve of the President's job performance as 45% disapprove. At the same time, 49% of Americans say they oppose the War in Iraq while 44% of Americans support the war. In the race for President, Retired General Wesley Clark leads President Bush nationally, 47%-45%. Clark also leads Bush in Ohio (46%-45%), Pennsylvania (50%-44%), Florida (46%-44%), Wisconsin (48%-43%), Michigan (47%-42%), Nevada (45%-44%), and New Hampshire (49%-41%). The President leads Clark in North Carolina (49%-41%), Virginia (46%-44%), and Iowa (45%-44%). Both candidates are tied in New Mexico and Colorado.

April 5, 2004 - Several names surface in Clark V.P. search, sources say

LITTLE ROCK, AR - At least a dozen names have surfaced as potential running-mates for Retired General Wesley Clark, according to several sources familiar with the Former General's thinking. Former U.S. Senator Carol Moseley-Braun of Illinois, Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, U.S. Senator Bob Graham of Florida, Governor of Virginia Mark Warner, Former HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo, Former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers, Democratic House Leader and Former Presidential Hopeful Dick Gephardt, U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Governor of Iowa Tom Vilsack, Former Governor of Hawaii Ben Cayetano, Congressman Sherrod Brown of Ohio, and U.S. Senator Joe Biden of Delaware have all emerged as potential Clark running-mates. Multiple sources told the New York Post that while Clark himself remains undecided, Former President Bill Clinton has urged Clark to select either Moseley-Braun or Bradley, arguing both appeal to the base of the Democratic Party without alienating the political center.

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »

CLARK/MOSELEY-BRAUN 2004!
BushKerry04

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 11:17:38 PM »

Sorry Sad

May 1, 2004 - State of the race: Clark enjoys a slight lead, benefits from growing disapproval of the War in Iraq; Bush rallies the conservative base of the GOP

WASHINGTON, DC - According to political analysts, polls, and those close to both the Bush and Clark campaigns, the race for President is seen as being close. Most recent polls find Democrat Wesley Clark leading President Bush from between 1%-3% nationally, with Clark also enjoying consistent leads in several swing states. With polls showing growing disapproval of the War in Iraq and Americans divided over the strength of the U.S. economy and the President's handling of domestic affairs, Wesley Clark has focused much of his energy touting his economic agenda and plan to end the War in Iraq. Clark has courted independent voters by emphasizing that his economic agenda cuts taxes, fully funds the bipartisan No Child Left Behind Act, and moves the nation towards a balanced budget. Clark continues to rally his anti-war base and has enlisted former primary opponent Howard Dean to travel across the country to court progressives who supported Dean over Clark in the primary. President Bush, while damaged by the War in Iraq and a stagnant economic recovery, has been helped in recent weeks as the economy has begun to show signs of improvement. Furthermore, while 55% of Americans disapprove of the President's handling of the War in Iraq, 53% still approve of his handling of foreign policy in general. The President has defended his administration's overall foreign policy, including the Iraq policy, but has stayed away from the economy in recent weeks and has touted his pro-life credentials in an effort to rally the conservative base that helped elect him in 2000. Both candidates have begun to criticize each other more in recent weeks; Clark is continuing to argue that the President sent Americans off to an unnecessary war and gave tax cuts to the very wealthy at home as the President has said that Clark's position on Iraq is "political", that the Retired General would increase taxes, and that Clark would appoint activist judges if elected. Most pundits agree that there is momentum on both sides, but that Clark's lead in the polls proves he is reaching independents. However, supporters of President Bush are quick to point out that Bush enjoys stronger support from conservatives than Clark does with progressives.

July 5, 2004 - Clark taps Shaheen for Vice President

MANCHESTER, NH - Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark announced that Former Governor of New Hampshire Jeanne Shaheen would be his running-mate in the 2004 presidential election. "Jeanne Shaheen has been a champion for working families for her entire adult life. Her experience as a teacher, small business owner, and Governor prepares her to advise me on a host of issues and to help rebuild the middle class and defend our country," Clark said of Shaheen.

July 7, 2004 - Sources: Why Clark went with Shaheen

WASHINGTON, DC - Sources close to Retired General Wesley Clark and the Democratic National Committee told the New York Times that there were several reasons Wesley Clark choose Former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen as his running-mate. Those familiar with Clark's thinking told the newspaper that the Clark was open to several candidates, but narrowed his list down to Shaheen, Former Illinois Senator Carol Moseley-Braun, and Former New Jersey Senator Bill Bradley a week before his announcement. Clark told aides he would prefer to pick a female candidate because "it's time for Americans to have some diversity in the White House." However, Clark also said that he felt that Bradley could "navigate the legislative process" better than others he'd been considering. While Clark's former primary rival Howard Dean lobbied heavily for Bradley, Clark's senior staff said that Bradley would be attacked for his often liberal voting record in the U.S. Senate. Former President Bill Clinton advised Clark to go with Moseley-Braun, but expressed approval with all three choices. In the end, Clark and campaign manager James Carville agreed Shaheen would be the strongest candidate because while she's a Washington D.C. outsider, she has government experience and experience in the public and private sectors, which compliments Clark's military backround. Additionally, Clark feels comfortable with Shaheen. She had helped him greatly in New Hampshire and briefed him on education and tax policy early in the campaign.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 02:03:46 AM »

CLARK/SHAHEEN 2004 IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE, IF NOT MY PERSONAL IDEAL
BushKerry04

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »

CLARK/SHAHEEN 2004 IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE, IF NOT MY PERSONAL IDEAL

Thanks for the feedback!

August 14, 2004 - Governor of New Hampshire Jeanne Shaheen accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Over the past four years, our country has become safer, stronger, and prouder. We're defending the homeland, making sure our economy grows by keeping taxes low and regulations to a minimum, we've appointed justices who interpret the constitution, and we've transformed our public education system with higher standards and expanded charter and choice. Now, I stand before you, asking for a second term so we can fix social security to preserve it for future generations, end junk lawsuits that increase the cost of health insurance, pass a constitutional amendment to define marriage as an institution between one man and one woman, and complete our mission in Iraq so we can bring our troops home in victory. For over three years, I've made the tough decisions, worked on policy, defended our national security interests, and listened to the advise of the world's bravest and brightest. I know what it takes to lead because I've done it. Leadership is not about voicing an opinion based on what the latest poll says or compromising one's principles for the sake of winning an election. My principles are defined by my faith and convictions. Consequently, I believe the President of the United States must listen to the American people but also make sound decisions. For four years, I've made decisions and stuck with them. Sometimes, my decisions have been popular, other times they haven't been. But I can tell you this: the American people have and always will know where I stand. My opponent is a good and honorable man who dedicated his life to serving our country. We owe General Clark the utmost respect and admiration. But on the key issues facing our country, General Clark has shifted his views. General Clark said he'd probably vote to send U.S. military forces into Iraq before he said he opposed the war. He later said he'd fund the war if elected President, but said he would advise Congress against funding our troops. General Clark voiced support for some of the tax cuts we passed before he changed his position, twice. Now is not a time for waffling, it's a time for strong leadership to move our country forward" - President George W. Bush, Republican Presidential Nominee
BushKerry04

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 09:02:24 PM »

October 5, 2004 - Bush, Clark participate in first presidential debate; primarily focus on the economy

"This administration has given tax breaks to the wealthiest amongst us and has increased subsidies to the largest corporations in the world. In fact, this administration's economic policies have encouraged American companies to send jobs overseas. That's why we are losing manufacturing jobs, it's why this economy isn't growing as fast as it could, it's why wages are falling, and it's why we need a new leader with new ideas. My economic plan starts with a 30% income tax reduction for every American earning less than $150,000 and a tax break for small and medium sized firms that hire new employees. I also want to increase investments in job training, raise the federal minimum wage, and fully fund No Child Left Behind because I believe that education is crucial to future economic growth. My agenda will help working families and those struggling to make ends meet get ahead" - Wesley Clark

"Despite what you've heard tonight and throughout this campaign, this economy is strong. We've seen the creation over 3 million jobs in the past 15 months, welfare rolls have declined in the last year, and thanks to the tax relief we passed, the recession was the shortest in modern history. The key to continuing to grow this economy is to keep in place the tax relief we passed, keep regulations to a minimum, and continue to support free trade as we've done. General Clark's economic plan raises taxes on small and medium sized businesses, puts a new wage regulation on businesses, and he proposes $1 trillion increase in federal spending over the next eight years. I want to broaden the tax base by keeping in place the policies that are working and use the money to meet priorities and control spending" - George W. Bush

October 12, 2004 - Cheney, Shaheen participate in Vice Presidential Debate; Cheney defends Bush foreign policy, Shaheen calls for "refocusing on America"

"Entering Iraq was a mistake because we had faulty intelligence and no basis in which it would be appropriate to send our young men and women off to war. Wesley Clark and I want to invest resources in defending our national security interests, Wesley Clark spent his entire adult life defending those interests. We want strong human intelligence gathering capabilities, to see us succeed in Afghanistan which this administration has now ignored, and we want stronger alliances with our allies. But while we will defend our country, we ask the American people to join us in refocusing on America. Instead of giving tax breaks to the very wealthy, we want to cut taxes on working families while investing in education, health care, job training, and infrastructure. We can achieve these things while making government more efficient so we can save taxpayer dollars and move towards a balanced federal budget to replace the Bush/Cheney deficits" - Jeanne Shaheen

"We absolutely had a basis to enter Iraq, the world is better off now than it was before we went in and the evidence is there to support that claim. The President has a strategy to help us succeed by helping Iraqis become a functioning young democracy and engaging our European allies in the process. This administration has done everything it can to keep us safe, and we'll continue to do so. We're rebuilding our military, making it easier for law enforcement to track financial and phone records in a way that protects civil liberties, and the President is working to make sure our southern border is secure. I fear that if General Clark and Governor Shaheen win, they'll make the same kind of cuts to our defenses that others have made in the past. I'm afraid they'll withdrawal from Iraq based on a political timetable. We need strong leadership in times of change and President Bush and I have provided that leadership. I think Joe Lieberman said it best during the Democratic primary, whatever our differences on domestic issues, there should be bipartisan consensus on foreign policy" - Dick Cheney

October 20, 2004 - Bush, Clark debate foreign policy

"I believe this administration has dropped the ball on Afghanistan because they decided to take us into an unnecessary War in Iraq. If I'm President of the United States, I'm going to work to train the Iraqis to care for their own security and ensure they have the tools needed to be successful. But I am going to do what this President refuses to do, I'm going to change course and I'll bring our troops home over the course of the next 15-18 months. I'll also rebuild the alliances this President has weakened, particularly with our European allies. I want to increase free trade that doesn't leave behind workers and commit to defending human rights across the globe. My focus will be investing in human intelligence, succeeding in Afghanistan, and defending the homeland" - Wesley Clark

"I'm proud of the fact that we've seen regime change in Iraq. Our country is safer and the Iraqi people are free as a result. I don't believe in conducting a foreign policy based on polling or elections. I recognize that the American people are divided on this issue, but I want to ensure Americans I'll bring our troops home as soon as possible without risking damaging the progress we've made in Iraq. I'd add that this administration is doing all we can, working with our allies, to ensure we succeed in Afghanistan. My focus has been clear; succeed in Iraq and Afghanistan, work with our allies, make sure our border is secure, and invest in our military following the devastating defense cuts of the years prior to my taking office" - George W. Bush

October 25, 2004 - Clark, Bush make their case in final presidential debate

"For my entire adult life, I have done my best to serve our country. I've served as a foot soldier, a policy adviser, and as NATO Supreme Allied Commander. I've defended this country's national security interests, forged alliances, worked towards peace, and advocated on behalf of our service men and women. I'm running for President because I believe we need a higher standard of leadership. We need new leadership from outside Washington D.C. that focuses on bringing an end to the War in Iraq, defending the homeland, strengthening the alliances this President has weakened, and restoring the civil liberties the President and this Congress have compromised away. We also need a new leader to focus on the economic challenges facing working families and those struggling to make ends meet. That's why I've proposed an economic plan that gets rid of tax breaks for the wealthy and well-connected so we can cut taxes on the majority of taxpayers and businesses and invest in education, health care, infrastructure, and job training. I've also proposed policies to help our veterans get better care, raise the federal minimum wage, expand paid sick leave, and move us towards a balanced federal budget. What brings me to this presidential race and gives me the desire to serve is my commitment to improving the lives of every American. I was born into a middle class family in Chicago and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas. Our country has given me so much, and I want to serve as President so that this generation and future generations of Americans can also live the American dream. I humbly ask for your support on November 2nd so together, we can do great things for America" - Wesley Clark

"These are challenging times we live in, but I know how to lead this country and if given the chance, I'll continue to move America forward for four more years. The American people elected me to uphold the constitution and defend their interests regardless of public opinion polls. I recognize that some of my positions aren't as popular as others. But leadership isn't about reading polls, it's about doing what is right. Over these four years, we've been through a lot together. We've been through moments of challenge, horror, sadness, but also moments of great hope, happiness, and inspiration. We've defended the homeland, helped liberate the Iraqi people, and we've seen this economy pick up momentum after the recession, particularly over the past year. We've also appointed judges who believe in the constitution and we've raised standards in education. More of our senior citizens now have affordable prescription drug coverage. I'm proud that working with Congress, I've delivered on the promises I made to the American people in 2000. During this campaign and over the past four years, I've traveled to all 50 states and have been inspired by the American people. Americans are hard working, honest, patriotic, and people who deeply values faith, freedom, and family. These are the values I believe in and they are the values I've defended and will continue to defend as President of these United States. I'm optimistic about the future of our country because I believe in the American people. I ask for your vote on November 2nd because we need to continue to ensure our nation is safer, stronger, and prouder" - George W. Bush 
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 06:49:52 AM »

Bush/Cheney ‘04
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »

Clark '04!
BushKerry04

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2018, 06:47:39 PM by BushKerry04 »

Here it is:

November 2, 2004 - Wesley Clark defeats President Bush, Democrats pickup seats in Congress as GOP maintains majority

Popular Vote:
Wesley Clark / Jeanne Shaheen (D) 53%
George W. Bush / Dick Cheney (R) 46%

Electoral College:
Clark 317
Bush 221

Exit Polls

By Ideology:
Conservative - Bush 91% Clark 8%
Moderate - Clark 55% Bush 44%
Liberal - Clark 95% Bush 4%

By Political Party:
Republican - Bush 90% Clark 9%
Independent - Clark 53% Bush 46%
Democratic - Clark 92% Bush 7%

By Race:
White - Bush 59% Clark 40%
Hispanic/Latino - Clark 60% Bush 39%
Black - Clark 91% Bush 8%
Asian - Clark 56% Bush 43%
Other - Clark 85% Bush 14%

By gender:
Male - Bush 56% Clark 43%
Female - Clark 60% Bush 39%

By Religion:
Christian (all) - Clark 53% Bush 46%
Protestant - Bush 49% Clark 49%
Baptist - Bush 60% Clark 39%
Catholic - Clark 52% Bush 47%
Evangelical - Bush 61% Clark 38%
Mormon - Bush 70% Clark 29%
Jewish - Clark 77% Bush 22%
Muslim - Clark 91% Bush 8%
Other - Clark 78% Bush 21%
Atheist - Clark 97% Bush 2%

By education:
High school diploma - Clark 58% Bush 41%
College diploma - Bush 54% Clark 45%
Advanced degree - Clark 61% Bush 38%

By Area:
Rural - Bush 55% Clark 44%
Suburban - Bush 51% Clark 48%
Urban - Clark 54% Bush 45%

By Region:
Northeast - Clark 60% Bush 39%
Midwest - Clark 51% Bush 48%
Rocky Mountains - Bush 82% Clark 17%
South - Bush 53% Clark 46%
Southwest - Clark 52% Bush 47%

By Income:
Under $40K -  Clark 57% Bush 42%
$40K-$60K - Clark 55% Bush 44%
$60K-$85K - Clark 53% Bush 46%
$85K-$150K - Bush 50% Clark 49%
$150K-$500K - Bush 67% Clark 32%
$500K-$1 million - Bush 80% Clark 19%
Above $1 million - Bush 85% Clark 14%

By Most Important Issue:
Economy - Clark 53% Bush 46%
National Debt - Clark 50% Bush 49%
National Security - Bush 50% Clark 49%
Illegal immigration - Bush 60% Clark 39%
Iraq - Clark 55% Bush 44%
Health Care - Clark 53% Bush 46%
Entitlement Programs - Clark 50% Bush 49%
Education - Bush 57% Clark 42%

Is the U.S. economy better, worse, or the same today than it was in 2000?
Better 30%
Worse 35%
Same 30%

Is the country headed in the right direction?
Yes 40%
No 50%

Do you support or oppose the War in Iraq?
Support 37%
Oppose 45%

Candidate and running-mate favorability
Wesley Clark - 67% Favorable, 25% Unfavorable
Jeanne Shaheen - 55% Favorable, 28% Unfavorable
George W. Bush - 53% Favorable, 41% Unfavorable
Dick Cheney - 47% Favorable, 40% Unfavorable

President Bush Approval Rating:
Approve: 45%
Disapprove: 50%

Candidate and running-mate home state results:
Arkansas - Clark 50% Bush 49%