2004: Kerry doesn't run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:36:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: Kerry doesn't run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: 2004: Kerry doesn't run  (Read 17489 times)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2018, 12:07:40 PM »

What do the polls look like?
BushKerry04

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2018, 07:09:10 PM »

October 17, 2016 - Survey: Following first debates, Huntsman maintains lead nationally, in swing-state
WASHINGTON, DC - An NBC/WSJ survey shows that President Jon Huntsman leads Democratic challenger Howard Dean nationally and in swing states ahead of November's presidential election. Nationally, Huntsman leads Dean 49%-39%. The President also leads Dean in Ohio (47%-41%), Pennsylvania (47%-45%), Florida (50%-40%), North Carolina (48%-41%), Virginia (46%-44%), Colorado (48%-41%), New Mexico (45%-44%), Iowa (47%-42%), New Hampshire (45%-44%), Wisconsin (47%-44%), and Nevada (47%-43%). Dean leads Huntsman in Michigan (45%-44%).

October 20, 2016 - Huntsman, Dean debate foreign policy in second presidential debate

Moderator: What do you believe the foreign policy objectives of the next four years should be?
Dean: Restoring our leadership position in the world as we did under the previous administration will be my top foreign policy objective. We invested in our military, ended the War in Iraq, and secured victories in Afghanistan under the previous administration. We also led on environmental protection and human rights. The President and I actually agree on human rights, I applaud his work to end the genocide in Darfur and to crack down on human trafficking with our allies. But this administration has failed to work with the international community on matters of economic development and on global warming. The President promised us he'd combat the climate crisis, but we can't accomplish that alone. We have to lead again, and I think I have the credibility and determination to get the job done.
Huntsman: I think our most important foreign policy objective is to make the world safer, more prosperous, and more respectful of individual rights. Our administration has continued to invest in our military, we've increased investments in human intelligence gathering, we've promoted economic development not through foreign aid but rather through trade, and we have been actively involved in punishing those who violate human rights. We have led the world through economics and I think that's important because when we exert our greatness, it causes others to want to emulate us. Governor Dean is also wrong on the climate crisis. We have worked with our allies to find ways to reduce carbon emissions by engaging in trade, we are working right now to form a treaty to combat the climate crisis.
BushKerry04

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2018, 03:44:09 PM »

November 1, 2016 - Huntsman, Dean make their case in final presidential debate

"I ran for President and seek your vote for a second-term because I believe this is an extraordinary country, and we have great work to do to ensure our future is safe and prosperous. Over these four years, I've had the opportunity to listen to the American people's concerns, hopes, and dreams. Working with Republicans and Democrats, I'm proud of what we've accomplished. Our record of accomplishment is clear. We are experiencing the second longest period of economic growth in history, fewer Americans are living in poverty today than at any time in the past five decades, wage growth is the strongest in a generation, more Americans are enrolled in college or are getting a vocational education than at any time in history, we are importing less energy than we were just four years ago, and we have invested more in securing our border, human intelligence gathering, and supporting our veterans. We have made the fundamentals of our economy strong and are leading the world through economics. I believe today as I always have that America does best when we exert our greatness both here at home and abroad. I'm asking for your vote so that together, we can continue to ensure we are successful as a nation" - Jon Huntsman

"When you go to the polls on November 8th, there are three questions I suggest you ask yourself. The first is, which one of us has the track record of delivering not only for the wealthy, but for working families? In Vermont, I raised standards in education, provided health coverage to nearly every child in my state, kept taxes low, and balanced our budgets while paying down debt. Secondly, I ask you to ask yourselves which one of us has a better plan to create positive changes for the American people? I want to get dark money out of politics so we can finally address issues like education, women's health care, expanding health coverage, raising the minimum wage, and rolling back this President's tax breaks for the very wealthy to pay down the national debt. Finally, which one of us has what it takes to take on powerful interests in Washington D.C.? I took on special interests in Vermont and took on the health insurance industry as President Wesley Clark's Secretary of Health & Human Services. Special interest groups lobbied heavily for this administration's economic program and for the justices they've appointed. I believe the power to change America is in the hands of the American people, and that's why I humbly ask for your support on November 8th" - Howard Dean

November 5, 2016 - Huntsman, Dean campaign ahead of election day with popular figures

CLEVELAND, OH - With three days to go until the 2016 presidential election, President Jon Huntsman (R) and Former Governor of Vermont Howard Dean (D) each are taking tours of swing states and campaigning with popular political figures. The President will spend the three days prior to the election making stops in Colorado, New Mexico, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Traveling with Huntsman will be U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Former U.S. Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN), Governor Mary Fallin (R-OK), and Governor John Kasich (R-OH). Howard Dean's campaign announced that the candidate will be traveling to five states, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina, prior to polls closing on November 8th. Dean will appear with Former President Wesley Clark in Virginia and North Carolina, Former U.S. Secretary of State Carol Moseley-Braun and Former President Bill Clinton in Pennsylvania and Ohio, and Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo in New Hampshire. Former Vice President Jeanne Shaheen and Former U.S. Secretary of Defense John Kerry will travel with Dean. Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers will make appearances in North Carolina and Virginia, joined by Former President George W. Bush, and Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee Cory Booker will travel to Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico where he will be joined by U.S. Senate Minority Leader Joe Biden. 
BushKerry04

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2018, 10:32:33 PM »

November 8, 2016 - President Huntsman wins re-election, GOP maintains control of Congress

Popular Vote:
Jon Huntsman/Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R) 55%
Howard Dean/Cory Booker (D) 44%

Electoral College:
Huntsman 336
Shaheen 202

Exit Polling:

By Ideology:
Conservative - Huntsman 97% Dean 2%
Moderate - Huntsman 56% Dean 43%
Liberal - Dean 87% Huntsman 12%

By Political Party:
Republican - Huntsman 98% Dean 1%
Independent - Huntsman 56% Dean 43%
Democratic - Dean 90% Huntsman 9%

By Race:
White - Huntsman 63% Dean 36%
Hispanic/Latino -  Huntsman 50% Dean 49%
Black - Dean 88% Huntsman 11%
Asian - Dean 51% Huntsman 48%
Other - Dean 67% Huntsman 32%

By gender:
Male - Huntsman 56% Dean 43%
Female - Dean 49% Huntsman 49%

By Religion:
Christian (all) - Huntsman 55% Dean 44%
Protestant - Huntsman 53% Dean 46%
Baptist - Huntsman 67% Dean 32%
Catholic - Huntsman 53% Dean 46%
Evangelical - Huntsman 65% Dean 34%
Mormon - Huntsman 98% Dean 1%
Jewish - Dean 65% Huntsman 34%
Muslim - Dean 90% Huntsman 9%
Other - Dean 70% Huntsman 29%
Atheist - Dean 90% Huntsman 9%

By education:
High school diploma - Huntsman 50% Dean 49%
College diploma - Huntsman 57% Dean 42%
Advanced degree - Dean 55% Huntsman 44%

By Area:
Rural - Huntsman 53% Dean 46%
Suburban - Huntsman 60% Dean 39%
Urban - Dean 56% Huntsman 43%

By Region:
Northeast - Dean 50% Huntsman 49%
Midwest - Huntsman 58% Dean 41%
Rocky Mountains - Huntsman 90% Dean 9%
South - Huntsman 65% Dean 34%
Southwest - Huntsman 54% Dean 45%

By Income:
Under $40K -  Dean 60% Huntsman 39%
$40K-$60K - Huntsman 49% Dean 49%
$60K-$85K - Huntsman 60% Dean 39%
$85K-$150K - Huntsman 70% Dean 29%
$150K-$500K - Huntsman 71% Dean 28%
$500K-$1 million - Huntsman 82% Dean 17%
Above $1 million - Huntsman 82% Dean 17%

By age:
18-34 - Dean 67% Huntsman 32%
35-55 - Huntsman 55%Dean 44%
55-65 - Huntsman 60% Dean 39%
65+ - Huntsman 61% Dean 38%

By Most Important Issue:
Economy - Huntsman 60% Dean 39%
National Debt - Huntsman 55% Dean 44%
National Security - Huntsman 53% Dean 46%
Illegal immigration - Dean 54% Huntsman 45%
Health Care - Dean 60% Huntsman 39%
Entitlement Programs - Dean 52% Huntsman 47%
Education - Huntsman 53% Dean 46%

Is the U.S. economy better, worse, or the same today than it was in 2008?
Better 55%
Worse 10%
Same 32%

President Huntsman Approval Rating:
Approve: 58%
Disapprove: 35%

Is the country headed in the right direction?
Yes 67%
No 25%

Which candidate do you believe shares your values?
Jon Huntsman 55%
Howard Dean 44%

Which candidate do you believe is most honest and trustworthy?
Jon Huntsman 51%
Howard Dean 48%

Which candidate do you believe is best qualified to serve as President?
Jon Huntsman 70%
Howard Dean 29%

Which candidate do you believe is a stronger leader?
Jon Huntsman 55%
Howard Dean 44%

Candidate and running-mate favorability
Jon Huntsman - 70% Favorable, 28% Unfavorable
Howard Dean- 50% Favorable, 45% Unfavorable
Cathy McMorris Rodgers - 50% Favorable, 37% Unfavorable
Cory Booker - 60% Favorable, 28% Unfavorable

Candidate and running-mate home state results:
Utah - Huntsman 77% Dean 22%
Vermont - Dean 61% Huntsman 38%
Washington - Dean 49.5% Huntsman 49.4%
New Jersey - Dean 55% Huntsman 44%

Swing State Results:
Ohio - Huntsman 56% Dean 43%
Pennsylvania - Huntsman 53% Dean 46%
Virginia - Huntsman 58% Dean 41%
Nevada - Huntsman 53% Dean 46%
New Hampshire - Dean 50% Huntsman 49%
Florida - Huntsman 55% Dean 44%
North Carolina - Huntsman 59% Dean 40%
Wisconsin - Huntsman 51% Dean 48%
Michigan - Huntsman 49.8% Dean 49.5%
Iowa - Huntsman 54% Dean 45%
Colorado - Huntsman 57% Dean 42%
New Mexico - Huntsman 50% Dean 49%
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2018, 11:47:34 PM »

Conservatives for Dean 😂
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2018, 06:31:41 AM »

There is a conflict here, how can Huntsman be carrying Virginia with 58%, yet the map indicates Dean has won it? I just noticed this.
BushKerry04

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2018, 07:38:30 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2018, 03:33:29 PM by BushKerry04 »

There is a conflict here, how can Huntsman be carrying Virginia with 58%, yet the map indicates Dean has won it? I just noticed this.

Thank you for noticing! Huntsman carried it, I just made an error on the map.

January 20, 2017 - President Huntsman sworn-in for second term

The Huntsman Administration:
Vice President Cathy McMorris Rodgers
Secretary of State Mitt Romney 
Secretary of the Treasury JC Watts
Secretary of Defense Evan Bayh  
Secretary of Homeland Security Roy Blunt    
Attorney General Pam Bondi  
Secretary of the Interior Michael Simpson
Secretary of Agriculture George P. Bush    
Secretary of Commerce Indra Nooyi
Secretary of Labor Michael McKinley  
Secretary of Health and Human Services Kate Walsh  
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development John Engler  
Secretary of Transportation Bobby Jindal          
Secretary of Energy Kristi Noem  
Secretary of Education Steven Knapp  
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Bennet Sacolick  
White House Chief of Staff Deborah Pryce
United States Trade Representative Sean Reyes    
Director of National Intelligence Susan M. Gordon    
Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley
Director of the Office of Management and Budget David M. McIntosh      
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency William J. Lynn    
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Lindsay Graham
Administrator of the Small Business Administration Lynn Good

Meet the leaders of both political parties

House Speaker Barbara Comstock (R-VA)
House Majority Leader Paul Ryan (R-WI)
House Majority Whip Jim Jordan (R-OH)
House Minority Leader Zoe Lofgren (D-CA)
House Minority Leader Albio Sires(D-NJ)
U.S. Senate Majority Leader John Thune (R-SD)
U.S. Senate Majority Whip Marco Rubio (R-FL)
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Joseph R. Biden (D-DE)
U.S. Senate Minority Whip Bill Nelson (D-FL)
RNC Chairman Mitt Romney
DNC Chairwoman Hillary Clinton
BushKerry04

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:50 PM »

Highlights of the Huntsman administration, January 20, 2017 - January 1, 2019

March 15, 2017 - Huntsman signs modest minimum wage hike into law: President Jon Huntsman signed into law the first increase in the federal minimum wage in a decade. The legislation increases the minimum wage from $7.50 to $8.75 over a four-year period. The legislation earned bi-partisan support, though was opposed by some House conservatives.
June 15, 2017 - Huntsman signs spending caps into law: In an effort to reduce a projected deficit of $295 billion to $0, President Jon Huntsman signed into law spending caps spending on 40% of the federal budget. The legislation requires that any spending increase above 2% annually must be off-set by additional spending cuts in other areas.
October 21, 2017 - Huntsman announces ban on off-shore drilling, angers conservatives: President Jon Huntsman announced that his administration would ban off-shore oil exploration, a move applauded by Democrats but criticized by many conservatives. The President said that oil drilling on federal lands was up by 30% and that there was no need to explore for oil off-shore. Additionally, the President re-affirmed his support for combating climate change.
April 15, 2018 - Huntsman signs the Health Care Reform Act of 2018 into law: President Jon Huntsman signed into law legislation that proponent's call the broadest health care reform package in U.S. history. Working with House Speaker Barbara Comstock (R-VA), House Majority Leader Paul Ryan (WI), and U.S. Senate Minority Leader Joe Biden (D-DE), President Huntsman crafted legislation that allows people to purchase health insurance across state lines, enacts tort reform, utilizes health savings accounts to promote healthy lifestyle choices, establishes insurance pools with subsidies for those with pre-existing conditions, expands medicaid coverage to every uninsured child, and allows those earning below $35,000 to have the option to buy into the federal government employee health insurance program. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates the legislation will cost $200 billion over a decade, help reduce the number of uninsured Americans by 75% over eight years, and reduce the rate of increase in health insurance premiums by 40%.
August 5, 2018 - Huntsman signs legislation block-granting HUD funding to states, angers progressives: President Jon Huntsman signed into law legislation passed primarily along party lines block-granting nearly 75% of federal funds going to the Department of Housing & Urban Development to states. The legislation gives states a larger role in crafting housing policy. While 17 Senate and 50 House Democrats voted with Republicans for the legislation, progressives led the opposition to the new law.
November 6, 2018 - GOP maintains control of Congress: Republicans maintained control of Congress and have won 3 additional House Seats while they lost one U.S. Senate seat, with U.S. Senator Dean Heller of Nevada losing re-election to Democratic opponent Jacky Rosen by less than 7,000 votes.

January 15, 2019 - Cory Booker announces presidential bid

NEWARK, NJ - U.S. Senator and 2016 Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee Cory Booker announced he would seek the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination during a speech in the city he once served as Mayor of. "Bringing people together to solve complex challenges has been the story of my career in public service, it's the story of this country, and that's why today I am announcing that I am rising to the challenge of running for and seeking to serve as President of these United States," Booker said. The Former Mayor of Newark said combating the climate crisis, women's health care, and reducing crime in urban areas would be areas he'd focus on if elected.

February 1, 2019 - Ted Cruz announces candidacy for President

DALLAS, TX - U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas became the first Republican to announce a bid for President in the 2020 election. "Now is our moment, as conservatives, to come together to build on the progress of these eight years while correcting course where we can do better. The far left wants to not only undo the good things this administration has done, they want to radically change America. I want to preserve the values that make this country great," Cruz said. The candidate promised to fight for a constitutional balanced budget amendment, conservative judges, and an end to sanctuary cities if elected President.

February 5, 2019 - Carol Moseley-Braun announces run for President

CHICAGO, IL - Former U.S. Secretary of State Carol Moseley-Braun entered the race for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination at a speech in her hometown of Chicago, IL. "The Presidency does not belong to one political party or one person, it belongs to the people of this country. What I offer is experienced, proven leadership that can make tough decisions and do right by the American people," the former U.S. Senator from Illinois said. Mosely-Braun said education reform, fiscal responsibility, and increased international cooperation on issues like climate change and human rights would be priorities of her administration if elected.
BushKerry04

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2018, 11:05:41 PM »

February 10, 2019 - Brown running for President

MANSFIELD, OH - U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio became the third Democrat to announce a run for President in 2020. "For far too long, the establishment of both political parties have made deals that have made life harder for working families. I'm here to be a voice for those without one," Brown declared. The candidate called for indexing the federal minimum wage to inflation, repealing numerous free trade agreements, and taking on the pharmaceutical industry to combat the drug epidemic.

March 1, 2019 - McMorris-Rodgers to seek GOP presidential nomination

ARLINGTON, VA - In a prime-time address to the nation, Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers announced her bid for the 2020 Republican Presidential Nomination. "I'm proud to have served as Vice President besides one of history's great Presidents. Today, our country is more prosperous and secure than it was in 2012. I'm running for President to continue the progress of the past seven years and to offer my experience to the people of this country," the Vice President declared. McMorris-Rodgers pledged to reduce the national debt and continue Huntsman-era economic policies if elected.

March 15, 2019 - Heinrich declares candidacy for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Seeking to bridge the partisan divide, U.S. Senator Mark Heinrich of New Mexico declared his intention to seek the Democratic Presidential Nomination. "I've worked with members of both parties and am proud of what we've accomplished together. I think Americans are ready for that kind of leadership," the candidate stated. Heinrich called for bi-partisanship to combat the heroin epidemic, global warming, and reduce the national debt without making cuts to medicare.

April 5, 2019 - Kasich enters presidential race

COLUMBUS, OH - Former Governor of Ohio John Kasich announced he would seek the 2020 Republican Presidential Nomination. "I'm running for President of the United States to unite our country behind a positive agenda for the future. I believe in the work the President has done, and I believe in the work we've done here in Ohio. Together, we can make a difference in Washington D.C. to continue the President's policies and improve on them," Kasich told supporters. Kasich called for debt reduction, economic development initiatives, and ethics reform.

May 1, 2019 - Survey: Moseley-Braun, McMorris-Rodgers favored to win

National GOP Primary
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 40%
Ted Cruz 18%
John Kasich 15%

National Democratic Primary
Carol Moseley-Braun 50%
Cory Booker 30%
Sherrod Brown 8%
Mark Heinrich 5%

Iowa GOP Caucuses
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 52%
Ted Cruz 18%
John Kasich 15%

Iowa Democratic Caucuses
Carol Moseley-Braun 60%
Cory Booker 20%
Sherrod Brown 7%
Mark Heinrich 5%

New Hampshire GOP Primary
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 40%
John Kasich 21%
Ted Cruz 15%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Carol Moseley-Braun 55%
Cory Booker 25%
Sherrod Brown 10%
Mark Heinrich 8%

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »

I just want to thank you and give my appreciation for the good effort that you put into these posts and timelines. It really does inspire me in a way
BushKerry04

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2018, 05:04:07 PM »

I just want to thank you and give my appreciation for the good effort that you put into these posts and timelines. It really does inspire me in a way

Thank you for your kind words, I greatly appreciate it! I am glad you are enjoying the timeline Smiley

June 1, 2019 - SOURCES: Moseley-Braun, McMorris-Rodgers scared off several candidates

WASHINGTON, DC - Several Republican and Democratic sources with knowledge of the presidential campaign told Fox News that Republican Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers and Democratic Former U.S. Secretary of State Carol Moseley-Braun jumping into the 2020 presidential race forced other potential candidates to decline a run for President. House Speaker Roy Blunt (R-MO), Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo (D-NY), Mayor Bill DeBlasio (D-NY), and U.S. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) had considered running for President. The GOP sources said Blunt felt he could run to McMorris-Rodgers' right, but that Ted Cruz's entrance into the race forced Blunt to abandon his plans. While Republicans expected McMorris-Rodgers to seek the presidency, Democrats were surprised Moseley-Braun announced her candidacy. "As of August 2018, Carol Moseley-Braun had no plans to run for President. What changed was Former Presidents Bill Clinton and Wesley Clark convincing her she was the candidate best able to unite the Democratic Party and the nation," one source stated.

August 10, 2019 - McMorris-Rodgers wins Ames, Iowa straw poll; Cruz in strong 2nd

Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 1,502
Ted Cruz 1,107
John Kasich 392

August 30, 2019 - GOP candidates make their case in first presidential debate

"Since President Huntsman and I took office seven years ago, the American economy has added over 17 million new jobs, wages have increased at the fastest rate in a generation, the number of businesses opening has reached a 40-year high, the number of young people attending college has reached the highest in history, women and minority business ownership has reached the highest level in history, medicare has been preserved and protected, and we are importing less foreign energy today than at anytime in decades. The American people have worked hard to get to this moment, and I'm proud that the President and I have made the tough decisions and worked with everyone to accomplish great goals. But as we celebrate the success of these seven years, our opponents are competing with one another to determine who can undo all the good we've done the fastest. We simply can't afford to allow the far left to win this election. I'm running for President to continue the progress of the past seven years and to offer you, the American people, my experience and ability to get things done. I'm a proud conservative who believes in keeping taxes and regulations minimal, appointing conservative judges, and a strong military. I believe I'm best prepared to offer Republican primary and general election voters that experience" - Cathy McMorris-Rodgers

"My entire adult life has been about defending the constitution and protecting the taxpayers of this country. I argued in front of the U.S. Supreme Court to defend your religious liberty and won. Over the past seven years, I led the fight to defund Planned Parenthood, increase border security, and for President Huntsman's conservative judicial appointments. Millions of courageous conservatives across the country understand what this election is about even if our friends in the media and in Hollywood don't. This election is a choice between embracing the spirit of America or making us more like a European welfare state. As the Vice President said, we've made progress over the past seven years and our economy is growing as a result. But we still face $7.5 trillion in debt, liberal activist judges who are undermining religious liberty and creating rights foreign to our constitution, liberal Mayors defying federal immigration law, and a welfare state that rewards dependency over independence and personal responsibility. As President of the United States, I will work hard to stop illegal immigration, reduce federal spending by enacting the Penny Plan to balance the budget and reduce debt, appoint judges who believe in the constitution, and I will protect your religious liberty and every single word of the U.S. constitution, as I have done for my entire adult life" - Ted Cruz

"In Congress, in the private sector, and as Governor of Ohio I worked with everyone, was open to different ideas, and made decisions that I felt were right based on the information I had. I have dealt with a lot of the foreign policy and economic issues facing this country going back 36 years. Here is what I know. I know that thanks to the policies of President Huntsman, we are headed in the right direction. But the President would be the first to say we have work to do. In Ohio, I dealt with the drug epidemic, a difficult fiscal situation, and sectors of the economy that weren't growing as they once did. I was able to work with Republicans and Democrats to improve lives and grow our state's economy. When I became President, Ohio ranked 41st in economic growth, when I left we moved to 18th. We did it by reforming our welfare system to encourage work, cut taxes for businesses, had common sense regulations, and we even raised our state's minimum wage. What I'm looking to do as President is to put aside partisanship to solve problems, that's what leadership is about. We are headed in the right direction in a lot of ways, but it's going to take experienced leadership dedicated to working with all parties to do the job the people want us to do. I've put forth specific plans to deal with the drug epidemic, the national debt, and the achievement gap in education. Let's get to work and do right by the people of this country" - John Kasich
BushKerry04

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »

September 5, 2019 - SOURCES: Group of centrists to push for Kasich to run third party; Kasich says he's focused on New Hampshire

WASHINGTON, DC - Two sources with knowledge of the situation told CBS News that a group of independents and moderates from both political parties will try to establish a unity ticket in the 2020 general election. The sources said that Former New York City Michael Bloomberg and Former Connecticut Governor Jodi Rell were amongst those who are trying to get together a group of donors and consultants to support a Republican-Democratic unity ticket in 2020. The sources stated that the group feels that President Huntsman has united the country, but that none of the candidates running for President other than John Kasich have focused on courting centrist voters. In response to the story, a Kasich campaign spokesman stated that the Former Governor of Ohio is "focused on winning New Hampshire's GOP presidential primary."

October 1, 2019 - Moseley-Braun releases long list of endorsements including Clinton, Clark, Gore, Shaheen

CHICAGO, IL - Carol Moseley-Braun's presidential campaign announced a diverse group of leaders were endorsing the Former Secretary of State's bid for the 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination. Former Presidents Bill Clinton and Wesley Clark and Former Vice Presidents Al Gore and Jeanne Shaheen are amongst those backing Moseley-Braun. Those endorsing the Former U.S. Senator from Illinois include:

Former President of the United States Wesley Clark
Former President of the United States Bill Clinton
Former Vice President of the United States Jeanne Shaheen
Former Vice President of the United States Al Gore
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense John Kerry
Former United States Trade Representative Leon Panetta   
Former U.S. Secretary of Education Hillary Clinton
Governor of Minnesota Mark Dayton
Governor of Pennsylvania Tom Wolf
Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo 
Governor of Delaware John Carney
Governor of California Jerry Brown
Governor of Hawaii David Ige
Governor of Washington Jay Inslee
Former Governor of Virginia Douglas Wilder
Former Governor of Delaware Jack Markell
Former Governor of New Jersey Jim Florio
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Joseph R. Biden (D-DE)
U.S. Senator Barack Obama of Illinois
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois
U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania
U.S. Senator Bill Nelson of Florida
U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont
House Minority Leader Zoe Lofgren (D-CA)
The entire Democratic Congressional Delegations of Illinois, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Maryland, and Minnesota

October 5, 2019 - President Huntsman, 30 Senate Republicans formally back McMorris-Rodgers for President

CHARLESTON, SC - Republican Presidential Hopeful Cathy McMorris-Rodgers formally won the support of President Jon Huntsman and 30 Republican U.S. Senators during an event in Charleston, South Carolina. "For eight years, I could always count on the Vice President to give me sound advice based upon her understanding of issues, not political concerns. I believe she has shown leadership and has been a role model for women here at home and across the world. I have no doubt in my mind Cathy McMorris-Rodgers would make a great President," Huntsman said. U.S. Senate Majority Leader John Thune (R-SD) joined U.S. Senators Lindsay Graham (R-SC), Tim Scott (R-SC), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Tom Cotton (R-AR), Joni Ernst (R-IA), Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Todd Young (R-IN), Ron Johnson (R-WI), Pat Toomey (R-PA), and 20 others in backing the Vice President for President.

U.S. Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-TX)

October 7, 2019 - Cruz releases conservative endorsements, calls McMorris-Rodgers "a D.C. insider"

DALLAS, TX - U.S. Senator and 2020 GOP Presidential Hopeful Ted Cruz's campaign announced that conservative current and former elected officials were endorsing Cruz's presidential bid. The Texas Senator also said that his endorsements came from conservatives, while Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers' endorsements prove she's a "Washington D.C. insider." Those endorsing Cruz include:

Governor of Texas Greg Abbott
Governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker
Governor of Arkansas Asa Hutchinson
Governor of Kentucky Matt Bevin
Governor of Oklahoma Mary Fallin
Former Governor of Maine Paul LePage   
U.S. Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky
U.S. Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska
U.S. Senator Mike Lee of Utah
Former U.S. Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma
Former U.S. Senator Phil Gramm of Texas
Congressman Jim Jordan of Ohio
Congressman Justin Amash of Michigan
Congressman Tom Massie of Kentucky
Former Congressman JC Watts of Oklahoma
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia
BushKerry04

« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »

December 1, 2019 - BREAKING: Kasich abandons bid for GOP presidential nomination, will seek presidency as an independent

"For my entire adult life, I have tried my best to serve our country in a way people could be proud of. During my time in the United States Senate, I led on progressive causes like defending a woman's right to choose, expanding access to health care for kids, and reforming welfare. I served as our Ambassador to both Samoa and New Zealand, where I worked to strengthen international trade. As Wesley Clark's Secretary of State, I traveled the globe and worked with our allies to advance economic development, human rights, and combat the climate crisis. I'm asking the American people for the opportunity to serve as President because I believe my experience enables me to ensure that America continues to be a beacon of hope. I appreciate this administration's work with our allies to combat the climate crisis and promote human rights, I hope to continue the good work they've done. I also want to improve our schools here at home by raising standards, encouraging smaller class sizes, and focusing on math and reading. One area where I differ from this administration is that I won't appoint judges who undermine a woman's right to choose. What I offer is experienced, proven leadership that can make tough decisions and do right by the American people" - Carol Moseley-Braun

"Bringing people together to do great things is what I've done for my entire adult life. As Mayor of a city that was in serious trouble, I worked hard to improve our schools, promote economic development, reduce crime, and balance our budget. In the United States Senate, I'm proud to have worked on a bi-partisan basis with this administration on issues like criminal justice reform and ensuring that we welcome immigrants to our country. We have an opportunity to do even more work to help fulfill the promise of America. The focus of my presidency will be enhancing equality in every aspect of American life. While we are experiencing an era of job growth, too many Americans have been left behind. I believe everyone should enjoy prosperity. I also believe that everyone should be treated equally, which is why I'm an advocate for pay equity, marriage equality, and public financing of all federal elections. Change is possible, but it's going to take unity as a people" - Cory Booker

"Secretary Moseley-Braun and Senator Booker are far too willing to compromise our principles as Democrats for the purpose of winning this election. Secretary Braun voted for NAFTA and with the Republicans to gut the safety net. Senator Booker has voted for numerous trade agreements that ship jobs overseas, to reduce tax relief for farmers, and with this administration in favor of school vouchers that benefit the wealthy. My fellow citizens, I didn't win in Ohio by compromising my beliefs, I won by standing up for fair trade, investing in infrastructure, expanding health care coverage, and against this administration's cuts to medicare. I'm not going to run for President as the choice of special interests, I'm running as the candidate who understands the concerns of working Americans and will stand up to the special interests as I have done for my entire career. I have always represented the interests of working families, have always fought for the progressive cause, and people can look at my record and see that I will be an advocate for those without a voice as President" - Sherrod Brown 

"If we Democrats make this election a test of ideological purity, we will lose. In 1992, Bill Clinton ran for President as a socially progressive, fiscally moderate candidate. He defeated an independent candidate and a Republican President. I am running for President as a socially progressive fiscal moderate because that's what I believe in. I've won in a purple state, and I think when you have John Kasich running as an independent and some far right candidate, you need someone who can unite our party and compete with Governor Kasich with independents and moderate Republicans who are disappointed their party has moved so far right. Let me give you a short summary of my beliefs. I believe that middle and lower income families should pay no more than 15% of their income in taxes, but that the wealthy can pay more. I think we should protect and preserve medicare, social security, and medicaid. I oppose corporate welfare and wasteful spending. I support smaller government that preserves the safety net. I believe in a woman's right to choose and that states should make more decisions over issues like education and agriculture. And I support marriage equality and judges who believe in the same. Together, we can win this election" - Mark Heinrich
BushKerry04

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »

January 7, 2020 - Kasich lays out campaign platform in Michigan

LANSING, MI - Independent Presidential Hopeful John Kasich put forth a "5-point reform agenda" during a speech in Lansing, Michigan. The Kasich 5-point reform agenda includes proposals to:

1. Promote economic development - Kasich said he would be committed to investments in infrastructure in rural and urban communities. He also called for expanding broadband access to rural communities and establishing tax credits to encourage business growth in rural and urban communities.

2. Reduce the national debt and balance the federal budget - Kasich called for freezing federal spending on 25% of the federal budget for three years, reducing the size of the federal workforce by 10% via attrition, and reducing federal agricultural subsidies by 30% over six years. Kasich said his proposals would balance the federal budget, eliminate the deficit in two years, and reduce $1 trillion in debt over a decade.

3. Support the Huntsman and Clark foreign policy - Kasich praised the foreign policy of both Former President Wesley Clark and President Jon Huntsman. Kasich praised both administrations for their efforts to support free trade and fight for human rights. The candidate pledged to work with the international community on issues such as economic development, stopping drug trafficking, and ending genocide.

4. Combat the drug epidemic - Kasich called for sweeping criminal justice reform that emphasizes rehabilitation over prison for the drug-addicted. He also called for a mandate on health insurers to cover rehabilitation and said he would expand medicaid funding for rehabilitation.

5. Campaign Finance Reform - Kasich called for sweeping campaign finance reform with greater transparency.

January 9, 2020 - Moseley-Braun, Cruz pulls upset in Iowa Caucuses

IOWA CITY, IA - Republican Ted Cruz and Democrat Carol Moseley-Braun won Iowa's presidential caucuses. On the GOP side, Cruz built a coalition of evangelical Christians, social conservatives, rural, and elderly voters and defeated Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers, who did well with younger, female, and suburban voters, by a 51%-48% margin. On the Democratic side, Moseley-Braun won due to strong support with women, moderates, and with union households. She defeated opponent Cory Booker, who performed best with younger and progressive voters, by a margin of 45%-30%. Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown finished third with 15%, ahead of New Mexico Senator Mark Heinrich who won 9% of the vote.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2018, 06:46:10 PM »

Fantastic... anyone but Cruz!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2018, 01:49:06 AM »

Great that Kasich left the GOP
BushKerry04

« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2018, 08:48:09 PM »

Thank you both for the feedback!

January 15, 2020 - McMorris-Rodgers, Moseley-Braun win New Hampshire; Mark Heinrich  withdrawals, endorses Moseley-Braun for President

COLUMBUS, OH - Independent Presidential Hopeful John Kasich told reporters that he would decide who would run with him in the 2020 presidential election by the end of April. "We've begun the vetting process, which is being led by my friend George Pataki. We will have a decision by the end of April at the latest," the candidate declared. U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), Former Governor  John Hickenlooper (D-CO), Congressman Brian Mast (R-FL), U.S. Senator Susan Collins (R-ME), Businessman Ross Perot Jr. of Texas, Governor Jon Bel Edwards (D-LA), and U.S. Secretary of State Mitt Romney (R-MA) are all considered potential Kasich running-mates. 
BushKerry04

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2018, 09:03:30 PM »

January 30, 2020 - Moseley-Braun, McMorris-Rodgers, Cruz secure victories

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Democrat Carol Moseley-Braun swept a trio of Democratic primaries in Michigan, Nevada, and Florida. She defeated opponent Cory Booker 55%-44% in Michigan, 60%-39% in Nevada, and 51%-48% in Florida by building a coalition of moderates, independents, women, suburban voters, and the elderly as Booker dominated with progressives and younger voters. On the GOP side, Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers defeated Texas Senator Ted Cruz 49.8%-49.5% in Michigan as Cruz defeated McMorris-Rodgers 55%-44% in Nevada and 53%-46% in Florida.

February 1, 2020 - BREAKING: Booker withdrawals from presidential race, will run for re-election; Moseley-Braun becomes presumptive Democratic nominee for President

"After prayerful consideration of the path forward, I have decided to suspend my presidential campaign. The reality is, our friends in the Republican Party are counting on us to remain divided. I believe it's important for we Democrats to show unity and make the case to the American people that we offer the right kind of progressive leadership to help promote greater equality and justice for every American. Moments ago, I spoke with Secretary Braun and offered her my congratulations on her successes in early primaries. I told her I would suspend my campaign and endorse her bid for President. This was not an easy decision, but I believe it is the right one. I will continue to fight for our progressive values in the United States Senate. That's why I will seek re-election to the United States Senate representing the people of New Jersey" - U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ), Former Presidential Candidate

"Together, we have made history. We have overcome the injustices of the past to focus on a brighter future for all of us. I am honored to be the Democratic nominee for President of the United States. We are one united Democratic Party because my competitors in this primary focused on issues and always remained civil. I thank them and their supporters for that. Let me be clear. I am not running for President to undo the policies of the past eight years, nor am I running to return to the policies of the previous administration. I'm running for President because we need to brighter tomorrow, and I think my experience enables me to lead our country during a time of great opportunity. I want to make sure that we continue to be the exceptional country I know we are. I ask you to join me in the effort to improve our schools, combat the drug epidemic, protect our environment, promote economic development, and make the word safer and more peaceful while promoting human rights and the dignity of everyone. The nominee of the Republican Party for President will try to make this election a referendum on the status-quo. But I believe every election should be about the future, not the past. My campaign, our campaign, is about the future" - Carol Moseley-Braun, Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

February 5, 2020 - President Huntsman praises Kasich, McMorris-Rodgers; won't say if he'd back Cruz over Kasich during interview

WASHINGTON, DC - During an interview on Fox News, President Jon Huntsman declined to state whether he'd vote for Ted Cruz if the Texas Senator were the GOP nominee for President while praising GOP Presidential Hopeful Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers and Independent Presidential Hopeful John Kasich. "I believe Cathy McMorris-Rodgers will be the Republican nominee for President and I am supporting her not only because she's a friend, but because I know she can make tough decisions and will put the good of the country before any political concerns," the President said. Huntsman was then asked if he would consider supporting John Kasich should Ted Cruz win the GOP presidential nomination. "I like Senator Cruz, but I am convinced Cathy McMorris-Rodgers will win the primary and the general election. I do think Governor Kasich is thoughtful and has a lot to offer," the President stated.

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2018, 09:04:59 PM »

Great timeline! Could you please read mine and give your honest thoughts? I’d appreciate it
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

MOSELEY-BRAUN 2020!
BushKerry04

« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »

Great timeline! Could you please read mine and give your honest thoughts? I’d appreciate it

Yes. Which one? Please feel free to PM me.

She has the nomination!

February 7, 2020 - Cruz wins Missouri, Colorado as McMorris-Rodgers wins Minnesota

DENVER, CO - U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas won GOP presidential contests in Missouri and Colorado, defeating Vice President Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 61%-38% in Missouri and 55%-44% in Colorado. In Minnesota, McMorris-Rodgers defeated Cruz 52%-47%.

February 10, 2020 - Several names surface as potential Moseley-Braun V.P. picks, Gore to lead search committee

CHICAGO, IL - Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore will lead Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Carol Moseley-Braun's search for a running-mate, the Moseley-Braun campaign announced. The campaign wouldn't elaborate as to an announcement date, though sources close to the campaign told the Association Press an announcement would likely come sometime in June. Governor of New Jersey Phil Murphy, Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo, Governor of Pennsylvania Tom Wolf, U.S. Senator Kristen Gillibrand of New York, U.S. Senator Chris Coons of Delware, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, House Minority Leader Zoe Lofgren of California, and Congresswoman Dina Titus of Nevada have all been mentioned as potential Moseley-Braun running-mates.

February 12, 2020 - In final GOP primary debate before Super Tuesday, Cruz and McMorris-Rodgers trade barbs, debate future of the GOP

"I don't believe the future of our Republican Party belongs to someone who has opposed the President's agenda time after time. Senator Cruz opposed the President's immigration reform law that has increased funding for border security by over $2 billion, he was one of just three Republican votes against last year's budget that kept federal expenditures below the rate of inflation, he opposed block-granting funding for HUD back to states, and he even was one of just ten Senate Republicans who joined Democrats last year to stop Right to Work legislation. My record as Vice President is very different. On every issue, at every step, at every moment for eight years I have stood with our President as we've implemented a conservative agenda that has led to the second longest period of economic prosperity in history. We accomplished this by passing historic tax reform, reducing regulations, promoting a green energy economy, embracing free trade, and investing in infrastructure and job training while reducing the deficit. I'm ready to continue the progress of the past eight years" - Cathy McMorris-Rodgers

"The Vice President is misleading Republican primary voters because across the country, courageous conservatives are joining my campaign to defend our conservative values. I voted with this administration 90% of the time, I fought for this President's judicial nominations and worked with him to stop federal taxpayer-funding of Planned Parenthood. I did oppose amnesty, last year's budget that was the largest budget increase in five years, and I support right to work, but it should be done at a state level because that's what the 10th amendment is all about. I also voted for a bill, opposed by this administration, to send 100% of funding for HUD back to states to get the federal government out of housing. The Vice President is the choice of Washington insiders and if you believe that we need a President to make deals with liberal Democrats, she's your candidate. But if you believe that we need a conservative who stands for principle, I'd be honored to have your vote" - Ted Cruz

"The three most recent polls have found that I have a much better chance in the general election than Senator Cruz. I'm not going to run away from my conservative philosophy, but in order to win the general election the nominee of our party has to be able to reach independents and Democrats as the President and I were able to do in 2012 and 2016. Secretary Moseley-Braun wants to bring us back to the days when partisanship stood in the way of progress in Washington D.C. I want to continue the progress of the past eight years by working with both parties on issues of great importance to the American people. We will keep taxes low, regulations to a minimum, and we'll prioritize infrastructure, job training, and deficit reduction as part of budget negotiations. We'll also continue to ensure social security, medicare, and medicaid are here for future generations, but that we don't pass debt down to our children and grandchildren. These are the promises the President and I made eight years ago, they are the promises I make today, and they are the promises that will enable our party to win this fall" - Cathy McMorris-Rodgers

"The Vice President says I can't win and that she has a better chance based on three polls. If you average out these three polls, she's ahead of Secretary Moseley-Braun by two points and I'm tied with her. But there are also polls showing me performing better than the Vice President, the point is it's easy to skew polls and it's typical of the Washington D.C. establishment to try and tell Republican voters that a conservative can't win. If you give the American people a choice between a Democrat and a candidate who is Democrat-lite, they generally go with the real Democrat. What I offer Republicans and all Americans is a stark contrast with Carol Moseley-Braun. I have defended the President's record, and I will continue to do so. I voted with the President over 90% of the time and campaigned for him in swing states during the 2016 election. But the Vice President's sole campaign promise seems to be that she'll continue the policies of the past eight years. I support many of the policies of the past eight years, but I will defend our conservative principles and fight to stop illegal immigration, reduce corporate welfare, balance the federal budget, and appoint conservative judges. I offer Americans a conservative vision for the future, not just more of the same" - Ted Cruz
BushKerry04

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »

February 15, 2020 - Cruz wins 8 contests, McMorris-Rodgers secures 4 victories on Super Tuesday

Texas - Cruz 67% McMorris-Rodgers 32%
Oklahoma - Cruz 59% McMorris-Rodgers 40%
Tennessee - Cruz 55% McMorris-Rodgers 44%
Arizona - Cruz 60% McMorris-Rodgers 39%
West Virginia - Cruz 70% McMorris-Rodgers 29%
North Dakota - Cruz 55% McMorris-Rodgers 44%
Maine - Cruz 53% McMorris-Rodgers 46%
Georgia - Cruz 56% McMorris-Rodgers 43%
Washington - McMorris-Rodgers 70% Cruz 29%
Massachusetts - McMorris-Rodgers 50% Cruz 49%
Delaware - McMorris-Rodgers 56% Cruz 43%
Hawaii - McMorris-Rodgers 90% Cruz 9%

By ideology:
moderate - McMorris-Rodgers 59% Cruz 40%
conservative - Cruz 55% McMorris-Rodgers 44%

By political party:
Republican - Cruz 53% McMorris-Rodgers 46%
Independent - McMorris-Rodgers 60% Cruz 39%

By gender:
Male - Cruz 53% McMorris-Rodgers 46%
Female - McMorris-Rodgers 57% Cruz 42%

By ethnic background:
White - Cruz 53% McMorris-Rodgers 46%
Hispanic/Latino - Cruz 61% McMorris-Rodgers 38%
Black - McMorris-Rodgers 98% Cruz 1%
Asian - McMorris-Rodgers 65% Cruz 34%
Mixed - McMorris-Rodgers 68% Cruz 31%
Other - McMorris-Rodgers 80% Cruz 19%

By religion:
Christian (all) - Cruz 55% McMorris-Rodgers 44%
Baptist - Cruz 56% McMorris-Rodgers 43%
Catholic - McMorris-Rodgers 51% Cruz 48%
Evangelical - Cruz 62% McMorris-Rodgers 37%
Mormon - Cruz 59% McMorris-Rodgers 40%
Jewish - Cruz 50% McMorris-Rodgers 49%
Muslim - McMorris-Rodgers 98% Cruz 1%
Atheist - McMorris-Rodgers 90% Cruz 9%
Other - McMorris-Rodgers 80% Cruz 19%

By age:
18-34 - McMorris-Rodgers 50% Cruz 49%
35-55 - Cruz 51% McMorris-Rodgers 48%
55-65 - Cruz 53% McMorris-Rodgers 46%
65 and over - Cruz 58% McMorris-Rodgers 41%

By geography:
Rural - Cruz 70% McMorris-Rodgers 29%
Suburban - Cruz 52% McMorris-Rodgers 47%
Urban - McMorris-Rodgers 55% Cruz 44%

By income:
$0-$35,000 - Cruz 60% McMorris-Rodgers 39%
$35,000 - $50,000 - Cruz 59% McMorris-Rodgers 40%
$50,000 - $65,000 - Cruz 55% McMorris-Rodgers 44%
$65,000 - $100,000 - McMorris-Rodgers 50% Cruz 49%
$100,000 - $1 million - McMorris-Rodgers 55% Cruz 44%
$1 million + - McMorris-Rodgers 80% Cruz 19%

By education:
High school diploma - Cruz 60% McMorris-Rodgers 39%
College degree - Cruz 52% McMorris-Rodgers 47%
Advanced degree - McMorris-Rodgers 62% Cruz 37%

By most important issue:
Economy/jobs - McMorris-Rodgers 50% Cruz 49%
national debt - McMorris-Rodgers 57% Cruz 42%
foreign policy - McMorris-Rodgers 71% Cruz 27%
immigration - Cruz 80% McMorris-Rodgers 19%
social issues - Cruz 70% McMorris-Rodgers 29%
education - Cruz 55% McMorris-Rodgers 44%
electability - McMorris-Rodgers 60% Cruz 39%

Which candidate has the best chance of winning in the fall?
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 70%
Ted Cruz 29%

Which candidate do you believe is the best qualified to serve as President?
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 59%
Ted Cruz 40%

Which candidate do you believe shares your values most?
Ted Cruz 60%
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 39%

Which candidate do you believe is the most honest?
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 51%
Ted Cruz 48%

Which candidate do you believe is the most conservative?
Ted Cruz 90%
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers 9%

February 17, 2020 - Sources: GOP leaders mull Kasich endorsement if Cruz wins nomination

WASHINGTON, DC - Sources within the Republican Party told CNN that should U.S. Senator Ted Cruz of Texas win the GOP nomination for President, several GOP leaders would consider endorsing Independent John Kasich for President. The sources said that a group of moderate U.S. Senators, including Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Dean Heller of Nevada, and Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, have said they'd consider backing Kasich over Cruz. Republican Governors Bruce Rauner of Illinois and Phil Scott of Vermont have said they would public endorse Kasich over Cruz. The sources said moderates are concerned that Cruz could cost Republicans vote in swing states.

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2018, 11:02:44 PM »

I'm rooting for Moseley-Braun to wipe the floor with either Cruz or McMorris-Rodgers
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2018, 03:30:09 AM »

There is no way with all of these endorsements that Kasich is not going to win at least a small handfull of states. Heck, if he keeps the fire up, he might actually be the first third party to successfully throw the election to the house
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2018, 12:24:26 PM »

damn man nice tl
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies