2004: Kerry doesn't run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:36:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: Kerry doesn't run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: 2004: Kerry doesn't run  (Read 17481 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 10:27:25 PM »

January 20, 2005 - Wesley Clark sworn-in as 44th President of the United States

The Clark Administration
Vice President Jeanne Shaheen
Secretary of State Carol Moseley Braun
Secretary of the Treasury Joe Moglia   
Secretary of Defense John Kerry
Attorney General Joseph Lieberman
Secretary of the Interior Fran Ulmer 
Secretary of Agriculture David H. Murdock   
Secretary of Commerce Larry Summers 
Secretary of Labor Edwin D. Hill   
Secretary of Health and Human Services Howard Dean
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jim Connors 
Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao     
Secretary of Energy Tony Clifford   
Secretary of Education Hillary Clinton   
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Hugh Shelton   
White House Chief of Staff Blanche Lincoln   
United States Trade Representative Leon Panetta       
Director of National Intelligence Anthony Lake 
Ambassador to the United Nations Joseph Ralston
Director of the Office of Management and Budget Mack McLarty   
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Floyd I. Clarke
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Christie Todd Whitman   
Administrator of the Small Business Administration Kevin Mansell

January 25, 2005 - Meet the leaders of both political parties

House Speaker Roy Blunt (R-MO)
House Majority Leader Deborah Pryce (R-OH)
House Majority Whip John Boehner (R-OH)
House Minority Leader Zoe Lofgren (D-CA)
House Minority Whip Ben Cardin (D-MD)
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN)
U.S. Senate Majority Whip Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD)
U.S. Senate Minority Whip Joseph R. Biden (D-DE)
RNC Chairman Mike Rogers   
DNC Chairman James Carville
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 03:35:43 AM »

Great TL!

I would have likely supported Clark in '04 in real life. He would possibly have been the best Dem to beat Bush in the post-9/11 world. Cabinet appointees are also fine.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 09:32:05 AM »

Can't wait to see what happens in 2008
sverkol

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »

Can't wait to see what happens in 2008
My guess-President Clark re elect by a lanslide against Romney.
BushKerry04

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2018, 08:12:39 PM »

Thank you all for the feedback!

Key events of the Clark administration, January 20, 2005 - January 1, 2007

March 1, 2005 - President Clark signs compromise tax reform, spending priorities into law: Following weeks of negotiations with the Republican Congress, President Clark signed two bills based on what he promised during the 2004 presidential campaign. Clark signed tax reform that reduces income taxes by 30% on those earning less than $150,000, gradually reduces the corporate tax from 35% to 28% over six years, and eliminated corporate tax loopholes while raising the capital gains tax rate by 10% on earnings over $1 million. In his compromise budget, Clark fully funds No Child Left Behind and increases funding for job training and SCHIP to cover every child with health insurance, but in exchange Clark agreed to a plan to reduce the size of the federal workforce by 10% over five years and to continue to increase defense spending.
June 5, 2005 - President Clark announces plan to withdrawal U.S. forces from Iraq by January 2007: President Clark announced that U.S. combat forces would focus heavily on training Iraqis to care for their own security and would leave the country, with the exception of 10,000 residual forces, by January 2007. The President also called on the United Nations to help Iraq build institutions, such as a court system, to be successful.
October 17, 2005 - President Clark announces crackdown on pollution, efforts to combat global warming: President Wesley Clark announced that the EPA would return to a Clinton-era policy of penalizing companies that violate basic environmental standards and that the EPA would strengthen said standards to combat global warming.
December 1, 2005 - President Clark announces surge of 20,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan: President Clark announced that he ordered an additional 20,000 U.S. forces to help stabilize Afghanistan and said he hoped the troops could return home shortly after U.S. forces withdrawal from Iraq. 
February 10, 2006 - President Clark signs Veteran's Bill of Rights into law: President Wesley Clark signed legislation that gives Veteran's a "Bill of Rights" guaranteeing them access to education and health care at any institution funded through existing GI bill funds. The law is intended to increase veteran's access to schooling and wellness while also driving competition and thus lowering costs.
May 1, 2006 - President Clark signs the Highway Act of 2006 into law: President Clark signed bipartisan legislation that invests $400 billion over six years, funded through gas taxes and fees, to invest in infrastructure and upgrading the nation's railroads and ports.
July 25, 2006 - President Clark restores funding for stem cell research: President Wesley Clark signed an executive order restoring federal taxpayer funding for stem-cell research, reversing a Bush-era policy banning such funds.
November 7, 2006 - Democrats gain control of the U.S. Senate with 3 wins, GOP maintains the house as Democrats win 2 additional seats Republicans have maintained control of Congress as Democrats only gained 2 Congressional seats. However, Democrats have won control of the United State Senate. Democrat Jon Tester of Montana defeated Incumbent Senator Conrad Burns 51%-48% and Democrat Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania defeated Incumbent Rick Santorum 53%-46% to help Democrats regain their majority.

BushKerry04

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 10:17:54 PM »

January 5, 2007 - Jim Talent to seek GOP presidential nomination

WASHINGTON, DC - Several Republican donors, elected officials, and activists are urging Retired General Tommy Franks to enter the 2008 presidential race. "General Franks has a distinguished record and has the capacity to lead, he would make a fine candidate," Former Vice President Dick Cheney, who is urging Franks to look at a possible campaign, told CNN. The thinking behind a Franks candidacy, according to Cheney, would be that he has credibility on national security, but would also enjoy the support of Republicans following his strong support of the GOP ticket in 2004.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 02:16:38 PM »

Huckabee ‘08
BushKerry04

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »

June 1, 2007 - BREAKING: McCain won't run for President in 2008

WASHINGTON, DC - Sources are telling the Wall Street Journal that Retired General Tommy Franks will announce his candidacy for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination during the last week of September. The sources state that several well-known establishment donors and former advisers to George W. Bush's successful 2000 presidential campaign and unsuccessful 2004 re-election campaign will advise Franks. Furthermore, Franks will receive public endorsements from Former Vice President Dick Cheney, Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani, and Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, the sources said. The sources also state that Franks will run to Rick Perry's right on foreign policy, but to his left on domestic issues. Franks views on domestic issues are not well known, though he did state in a July interview that he supported the Bush tax cuts and agrees with President Clark on No Child Left Behind.  
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 08:05:30 AM »

June 1, 2007 - BREAKING: McCain won't run for President in 2008

WASHINGTON, DC - Sources are telling the Wall Street Journal that Retired General Tommy Franks will announce his candidacy for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination during the last week of September. The sources state that several well-known establishment donors and former advisers to George W. Bush's successful 2000 presidential campaign and unsuccessful 2004 re-election campaign will advise Franks. Furthermore, Franks will receive public endorsements from Former Vice President Dick Cheney, Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani, and Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, the sources said. The sources also state that Franks will run to Rick Perry's right on foreign policy, but to his left on domestic issues. Franks views on domestic issues are not well known, though he did state in a July interview that he supported the Bush tax cuts and agrees with President Clark on No Child Left Behind.  
McCain! Nooooo
BushKerry04

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2018, 04:48:11 PM »

October 1, 2007 - Tommy Franks formally enters race for 2008 GOP presidential nomination

WYNNEWOOD, OK - Retired General Tommy Franks announced that he would seek the Republican nomination for President in the 2008 presidential election. Franks said he would increase funding for the U.S. military and border security, reduce the number of federal income tax brackets to lower tax rates, and pass tort reform to lower health insurance costs if elected President. "This election is about strengthening our military and our families, it's about pride in our country, and it's about stopping the liberal worldview and embracing American exceptionalism," Franks stated. 

October 5, 2007 - GOP candidates participate in first debate

"For years, Washington D.C. has resisted reforming welfare, moving towards a flat tax, appointing strict constructionist judges, and stopping both political parties from over regulating our economy. As Republicans and conservatives, we know we can and must do better. Many of us up here agree with the need to reform welfare, yet I'm the only candidate with a plan to get it done. Many of us up here agree with moving towards a flatter tax code, yet I've cut taxes more than anyone up here and am the only one with a 15% flat tax proposal. We all agree with the need to appoint conservative justices, I've done just that over the past six years as Governor of Texas. And I'm the only one who has actually reduced regulations and filed lawsuits to stop federal regulations that hurt small businesses. Ideas are great, and we need to run on our ideas. But results matter, and I'm the one person up here who has had results and can work to get things done in Washington D.C." - Rick Perry

"A few days ago, I did something that I never thought I'd do, but that Republican leaders across the nation have encouraged me to do. I announced that I would run for the most important office in the world. I proudly served our great country for my entire adult life. I'm proud of having worked with President George W. Bush to liberate the people of Iraq and I'm proud to have served under Presidents of both political parties to make our nation safer. My concern right now is the direction President Clark is taking our foreign policy and the direction the Democrats in Washington are moving our domestic policy. Abroad, the United States is retreating from it's global obligations. We have just 10,000 residual forces left in Iraq and there is even talk of us withdrawing from Afghanistan. We have a moral obligation to help create democracy in these places. Here at home, we have an onerous tax code and a tort system that increases the cost of doing business in our country. I want a stronger America where we are a leader in world affairs and where markets and not bureaucrats run our economy" - Tommy Franks

"As President of the United States, I will fight to keep us safe, defend our values, and fight for the working men and women in this country who have been left behind in this economy. My administration will focus far less on helping Wall Street and K Street and more on protecting Main Street and people working paycheck to paycheck. I want to abolish the income tax and end the IRS and replace it with the fair tax so we can ensure funding for education, health care, improving our infrastructure, defending this country, and work towards making social security and medicare more solvent for this generation and the next. I also want to pass a constitutional amendment protecting the sanctity of human life because every life is sacred and no decision by the judiciary can ever change that. I also want to work to restore America's position as a leader in the world and to defend our national security interests. If you believe as I do that we need to embrace the principles that make this country great, I ask you to please support our campaign" - Mike Huckabee

"During the entirety of my career in Congress, I've stood firm on the important issues facing our country. I led the fight for President Reagan's increases in defense spending, fought against the establishment of my own party in supporting intervention in the Balkins, and I fought to place sanctions on Iran years before anyone else. Here at home, I worked on a bipartisan basis to expand health care coverage to millions of children and worked to help gain Democratic support for welfare reform. I also lobbied President Clark to give up his proposal to increase taxes on businesses and families with more than $150,000 of income. I'm also proud of having led the fight to stop taxpayer funding of embryonic stem-cell research. President Clark is going to claim that he has the necessary experience to lead, and I ask Republicans to consider my experience on both foreign policy and domestic issues. I am prepared to be leader of the free world, and that's why I decided to run for President" - Orin Hatch

"In the year 2000, Senator John McCain of Arizona ran for President on a platform that included spending restraint, entitlement reform, and campaign finance reform. Seven years later, I'm proud to run for President on that same platform. I entered this race because Republicans are not going to win the election of 2008 and govern if we move to the extreme. I have always defended the principles I believe in in the Congress, and I'll continue to do so as President. But everywhere I go, particularly here in New Hampshire, people are tired of partisan food fights and cotton candy promises. Americans expect us to have principles, but to always be willing to work with the other side to get things done. I make no apology for the fact that there have been times I've worked with President Clark, I'm particularly proud of my work to expand choices for veterans with regards to their health care. But I offer Americans real reform and not the kind of partisan bickering this administration and frankly Governor Perry has engaged in" - Charlie Dent

"Right now, we have anywhere from 12-20 million people in this country illegally. Illegal aliens are taking jobs from American workers, costing taxpayers billions in welfare benefits, and they are committing crimes. Unfortunately, this administration has a policy of ignoring illegal aliens and many cities and even counties across the country have given illegal aliens sanctuary. Governors Perry and Huckabee have given sanctuary to people here illegally by giving the children of illegal aliens in-state tuition at public universities in Texas and Arkansas. Just yesterday, General Franks voiced his support for amnesty for illegal aliens. We can't afford this kind of reckless approach. I believe we need to build a wall and secure our border, cut funding for sanctuary cities, and yes, we need to deport people in this country illegally and ban welfare benefits to illegal aliens. I'm the only candidate in this race who's even talking about this issue" - Tom Tancredo

"Unfortunately, we Republicans have made a series of mistakes that caused our party to lose the elections of 2004 and 2006. We spent too much, regulated too much, and abandoned our principles too much. We need a Republican nominee for President in 2008 who can correct the mistakes of the past. I believe we need a nominee who has never supported tax increases, amnesty, or stopped defending the pro-life, pro-family platform that brought our party to victory so many times in the past. I made the decision to enter this race to offer Republicans that kind of choice in this primary. Sadly, the leading candidates for our party's nomination all fall short of this goal. Governor Huckabee abandoned core conservative economic principles in Arkansas, Governor Perry has not committed to the kind of strong America we need, and General Franks has refused to say if he'd support traditional marriage when asked" - Jim Talent 

October 15, 2007 - President Clark launches re-election bid in New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, NH - At a campaign rally in New Hampshire, President Wesley Clark and Vice President Jeanne Shaheen launched their 2004 re-election campaign. The President and Vice President touted an end to the War in Iraq, successes in Afghanistan, the creation of 7.5 million new jobs, the lowest unemployment in eight years, and the strongest manufacturing job growth in two decades. "We've provided the American people with a higher standard of leadership for these past four years, and now we are asking for another opportunity to take on the status-quo and make our country more secure and prosperous," the President stated.
BushKerry04

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »

October 20, 2007 - Survey: Franks surges, Clark approval at 60%

Clark Approval
Approve 60%
Disapprove 32%

National GOP Primary
Tommy Franks 18%
Rick Perry 10%
Orin Hatch 8%
Jim Talent 7%
Mike Huckabee 7%
Charlie Dent 1%
Tom Tancredo 1%

Iowa GOP Caucuses
Tommy Franks 19%
Rick Perry 10%
Orin Hatch 7%
Mike Huckabee 6%
Jim Talent 6%
Tom Tancredo 2%
Charlie Dent 1%

New Hampshire GOP Primary
Tommy Franks 18%
Rick Perry 9%
Orin Hatch 8%
Mike Huckabee 7%
Jim Talent 5%
Charlie Dent 3%
Tom Tancredo 1%

South Carolina GOP Primary
Tommy Franks 15%
Rick Perry 15%
Mike Huckabee 10%
Orin Hatch 10%
Jim Talent 7%
Tom Tancredo 4%
Charlie Dent 1%

Potential general election match-ups
Clark 50% Franks 42%
Clark 51% Perry 39%
Clark 49% Huckabee 38%
Clark 48% Hatch 41%

November 10, 2007 - Cheney, Rumsfeld, Giuliani, others endorse Franks for President

ARLINGTON, VA - Retired General Tommy Frank's presidential campaign announced that several current and former elected officials and alumni from previous Republican administrations have endorsed Franks' bid for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination. Those endorsing Franks are:

Former Vice President Dick Cheney
Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Former U.S. Secretary of State James Baker
Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld
Former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz
Former Secretary of Health & Human Services Tommy Thompson
Former Reagan economic adviser Art Laffer
Former Governor of Oklahoma Frank Keating
Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani
U.S. Senator Mike Rogers of Alabama
U.S. Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma
U.S. Senator James Inholfe of Oklahoma
U.S. Senator Thad Cochran of Mississippi
Congressman Peter King of New York
The entire GOP Congressional delegation of Oklahoma
BushKerry04

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »

December 1, 2007 - State of the race

Tommy Franks: The Retired General enjoys the strong support of veteran's of George W. Bush's successful 2000 and unsuccessful 2004 presidential campaigns and a lead in national polls and several early state primary polls. Franks' late entry into the presidential race has caused him to have a smaller staff and less money than opponent Rick Perry, but Franks is slowly but surely hiring staff and raising money. Joe Allbaugh, who helped run George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign, serves as Frank's campaign manager. The Franks campaign is focusing heavily on winning New Hampshire's GOP primary and is less focused on Iowa than some of the other candidates. Franks is making the case to voters that he has the foreign policy credentials to win the general election.
Rick Perry: The Governor of Texas enjoys strong support amongst the GOP's conservative wing and grassroots activists in early primary and caucus states. Perry leads the GOP field in fundraising and has a campaign staff consisting of veterans from George W. Bush's 2000 and 2004 presidential campaigns and the campaigns of Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal and Former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge. Perry led in the polls prior to Tommy Franks entering the presidential race and still enjoys solid support in Iowa and South Carolina. Perry's strategy is to run to Franks' right and dominate the south and midwest where the electorate is generally more conservative and religious.
Orin Hatch: The U.S. Senator from Utah lags behind Perry and Franks in terms of money, but competes with them in terms of name I.D. and staff. Rick Davis, who ran John McCain's 2000 presidential campaign, is now Hatch's campaign manager. Hatch is seeking to be a "consensus candidate" who has foreign policy experience like Tommy Franks, but also experience on domestic affairs like Rick Perry. Hatch is focusing most of his attention on winning New Hampshire's GOP primary and is holding town hall meetings in the state on a consistent basis.
Mike Huckabee: Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is running as what he describes as "an all around conservative" who emphasizes fiscal, foreign policy, and social conservatism. Huckabee has run a positive campaign and has not been critical of his opponents. His staff, primarily veterans of Iowa politics, has focused heavily on courting the same voters as Rick Perry. Huckabee enjoys some grassroots support in Iowa, where he's focused virtually all of his efforts, but doesn't have the institutional support Franks and Perry enjoy.   
Tom Tancredo: The Congressman from Colorado is running as a populist who is tough on illegal immigration and in opposition to NAFTA and other free trade agreements. Tancredo has little money and a small staff primarily focused on getting the candidate to be in the top 3 in Iowa's GOP caucuses.
Charlie Dent: Much like Tancredo, Dent has little money and a staff of 4. However, unlike Tancredo, Dent is running as a centrist who has pledged to pass McCain-Feingold and pass a small tax increase on the wealthy to make social security solvent. Dent is trying to win over independents in New Hampshire and has called himself "John McCain 2.0."
Jim Talent: Senator Jim Talent has slightly more money than Tancredo or Dent, but is not considered a top tier candidate. Talent argues he's the only social conservative in the race who's also a fiscal conservative and thus has spent a lot of time criticizing opponents Mike Huckabee and Rick Perry. Talent only has a ground game in Iowa.

January 2, 2007 - T.V. Ads in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

"Leader"
TOMMY FRANKS: I'm Retired General Tommy Franks and I'm running for President because I believe our foreign policy is headed in the wrong direction. The United States can't afford to retreat from it's leadership position in the world. This administration has spent far too much time focused on what the United Nations thinks of us and not enough time expanding freedom. I believe we should work with our allies, but we must also be a leader for freedom globally. My foreign policy will be guided by three basic principles. The United States must always have the strongest military, we must always focus first on defending our welfare, and we must be a leader for freedom in this world. I'm Tommy Franks and I approved this message.

"Served"
RICK PERRY: As a young man, I served our country in uniform because I knew then as I know now that America is a land of limitless possibilities where everyone is created equal with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I defended these values as Governor of Texas, where I cut taxes, defended the sanctity of human life, and worked to stop the flow of illegal immigration. As President of the United States, I will defend life, liberty, and every America's pursuit of happiness. I'll fight for strict constructionist judges, a 15% flat tax, and a plan to secure our border and stop illegal immigration. I'm Rick Perry and I approved this message because I believe in America and all that is possible in this great country.

"Main Street"
NARRATOR 1: The spirit of America isn't found in Hollywood or on Wall Street, it's found in churches, schools, and on Main Street. It's found in families and communities across the country. Mike Huckabee is running for President to renew America's spirit.
NARRATOR 2: In Arkansas, Mike Huckabee expanded health coverage for children, banned partial-birth abortion, invested in infrastructure, and created jobs all while keeping taxes under control. Now, Mike Huckabee is running for President, to replace the income tax, defend human life, and secure our border.
MIKE HUCKABEE: I'm Mike Huckabee and I approved this message because as President, I'll fight for Main Street and your family, not Wall Street and special interests.

"Experience"
ORIN HATCH: Republican primary voters are being asked to choose between foreign policy and domestic experience. I'm Orin Hatch and for 30 years, I've been involved in every foreign policy and domestic issue debate in our country. I helped President Reagan rebuild our military and worked across the aisle to expand health care coverage for children. I've met with leaders in government and business from across the globe, and I've worked on important legislation with Presidents and members of Congress from both political parties. If you want a President with experience, I'm your candidate. I'm Orin Hatch and I approved this message.

"Faith"
JIM TALENT: My faith defines who I am, and my relationship with God is something that is personal to me, but not something I hide. As President of the United States, my faith will help guide every decision I make. Candidates who pretend their faith doesn't guide them are just playing politics. When I defend the rights of every human life, advocate for traditional marriage and strong families, and advance the cause of religious liberty, it's not because of a poll I saw or because of what a consultant told me to believe, it's because that's who I am. I'm Jim Talent, I'm running for President, and I approved this message.

"Border"
TOM TANCREDO: For decades now, politicians in both political parties have ignored illegal immigration. I believe we should respect and admire those who come to the United States legally, but we have to secure our border and stop illegal immigration. I'm the only candidate for President who will not only secure the border, but stop sanctuary cities and taxpayer-funded benefits to those here illegally. I'll also send home those who came here illegally. I'm also the only candidate for President who will make English the official language of government. I'm Tom Tancredo, Republican for President, and I approved this message.

"Families"
CHARLIE DENT: I'm Congressman Charlie Dent, Republican for President, and I approved this message. Families across America are wondering when Washington D.C. is going to work for them. While the economy is generally strong, not everyone is better off today than they were last year or the year before. In Congress and as a candidate for President, I seek to work with leaders in both parties to get things done. I'm fighting to pass McCain-Feingold to get dark money out of politics and I'm taking on my own party to pass a 10% increase in the top income tax rate to help make social security solvent without increasing taxes on working families. This election is not about the Republican Party, it's about families in America.

January 3, 2008 - Iowa Caucuses: Huckabee narrowly wins in upset, Franks comes in distant fourth

Mike Huckabee 32%
Rick Perry 31%
Orin Hatch 15%
Tommy Franks 14%
Jim Talent 4%
Tom Tancredo 2%
Charlie Dent 1%

IOWA CITY, IA - Defying over a year's worth of public opinion polling and all political expectations, Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee won Iowa's GOP caucuses in a narrow race with Governor of Texas Rick Perry. Huckabee had spent much of 2007 courting Iowa's most conservative voters, which in the end paid off. Exit polling found Huckabee and Perry in a virtual tie with  moderates and independents voting in the GOP caucuses, but Huckabee defeated Perry amongst conservatives (37%-30%), the most religious voters (35%-33%), and the state's rural voters (41%-30%). Huckabee also did well with elderly voters and the state's blue collar voters. Retired General Tommy Franks, considered the national front-runner for the GOP nomination, expected to place second or third, but ended up finishing a distant fourth behind Utah Senator Orin Hatch, who had spent little time in the state. Franks also skipped the Iowa caucuses, but his national name I.D. and television ad buys in Iowa were expected to help him place in the top three.
BushKerry04

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »

You forgot to add the part where Rick Perry says he doesn’t want gays in the military

People say enough dumb things in real life

January 8, 2008 - New Hampshire Primary: Perry wins, Hatch finishes strong second; Dent withdrawals

Mike Huckabee 40%
Rick Perry 25%
Tommy Franks 20%
Orin Hatch 8%
Jim Talent 4%
Tom Tancredo 2%

DETROIT, MI - With strong support from religious, elderly, blue collar, and conservative voters, Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee won Michigan's GOP presidential primary by a comfortable margin. Once considered a second-tier candidate, Huckabee has seen a surge of momentum following his surprise win in Iowa's GOP presidential caucuses. Utah Senator Orin Hatch withdrew from the presidential race after finishing 3rd in Iowa, 2nd in New Hampshire, and 4th in Michigan.
BushKerry04

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 10:07:44 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2018, 10:14:49 PM by BushKerry04 »

January 19, 2008 - Huckabee wins South Carolina, Nevada; Talent withdrawals

MIAMI BEACH, FL - An NBC/Wall Street Journal survey has found that Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee leads the GOP presidential field nationally, as he's tied with opponent Rick Perry in Florida. Nationally, Huckabee leads Perry and Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo 50%-45%-4% respectively. In Florida, Huckabee and Perry are tied at 48%, with Tancredo at 3%.
BushKerry04

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2018, 02:23:38 PM »

February 5, 2008 - Super Tuesday: Huckabee wins 18 contests, Perry takes 6

Alabama - Huckabee 59% Perry 40%
Alaska - Huckabee 53% Perry 46%
Arizona - Perry 52% Huckabee 47%
Arkansas - Huckabee 67% Perry 32%
California - Perry 50% Huckabee 49%
Colorado - Huckabee 55% Perry 44%
Connecticut - Perry 53% Huckabee 46%
Delaware - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
Georgia - Huckabee 51% Perry 48%
Idaho - Huckabee 62% Perry 37%
Illinois - Huckabee 55% Perry 44%
Kansas - Huckabee 52% Perry 47%
Massachusetts - Perry 55% Huckabee 44%
Minnesota - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
Missouri - Huckabee 52% Perry 47%
Montana - Huckabee 61% Perry 38%
New Jersey - Perry 53% Huckabee 46%
New Mexico - Perry 55% Huckabee 44%
New York - Huckabee 49.8% Perry 49.5%
North Dakota - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
Oklahoma - Huckabee 50% Perry 49%
Tennessee - Huckabee 56% Perry 43%
Utah - Huckabee 59% Perry 40%
West Virginia - Huckabee 77% Perry 22%

Exit poll

By region:
Northeast - Perry 53% Huckabee 46%
South - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
Southwest - Perry 50% Huckabee 49%
Midwest - Huckabee 58% Perry 41%
Rocky Mountains - Huckabee 61% Perry 38%

By ideology:
Conservative - Huckabee 59% Perry 40%
Moderate - Perry 53% Huckabee 46%

By political party:
Republican - Huckabee 61% Perry 38%
Independent - Perry 53% Huckabee 46%

By religion:
Christian - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
Catholic - Huckabee 55% Perry 44%
Protestant - Huckabee 56% Perry 43%
Baptist - Huckabee 65% Perry 34%
Evangelical - Huckabee 63% Perry 36%
Jewish - Huckabee 55% Perry 44%
Muslim - Perry 92% Huckabee 7%
Atheist - Perry 98% Huckabee 1%

By race/ethnicity:
Caucasian - Huckabee 62% Perry 37%
Black - Huckabee 55% Perry 44%
Hispanic/Latino - Perry 51% Huckabee 48%
Asian - Perry 53% Huckabee 46%
Indian - Perry 50% Huckabee 49%

By income:
Below $25,000 - Huckabee 80% Perry 19%
$25,000 - $40,000 - Huckabee 67% Perry 32%
$40,000 - $65,0000 - Huckabee 63% Perry 36%
$65,000 - $100,000 - Huckabee 53% Perry 46%
$100,000 - $1 million - Perry 55% Huckabee 44%
Above $1 million - Perry 57% Huckabee 42%

By education:
High school diploma - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
Some college - Huckabee 59% Perry 40%
College degree - Huckabee 53% Perry 46%
Advanced degree - Perry 70% Huckabee 29%

By geography:
Rural - Huckabee 65% Perry 34%
Suburban - Huckabee 53% Perry 46%
Urban - Huckabee 50% Perry 49%

By age:
18-35 - Huckabee 56% Perry 43%
35-50 - Huckabee 52% Perry 47%
50-65 - Huckabee 59% Perry 40%
Over 65 - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%

By most important issue:
Economy/jobs - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
National debt - Perry 55% Huckabee 44%
Foreign policy - Huckabee 50% Perry 49%
Social issues - Huckabee 60% Perry 39%
Immigration - Perry 65% Huckabee 34%
Health care - Perry 60% Huckabee 39%
Entitlements - Perry 51% Huckabee 48%
Education - Perry 53% Huckabee 46%
Electability - Huckabee 70% Perry 29%

BushKerry04

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2018, 09:30:07 PM »

February 7, 2008 - BREAKING: Perry concedes defeat, endorses Huckabee; Mike Huckabee becomes presumptive GOP presidential nominee

WASHINGTON, DC - According to a report by multiple sources familiar with the situation, Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's presidential campaign has vetted at least a dozen potential running-mates and has narrowed the list down to six names. Senator John McCain of Arizona, Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire, Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington, and Congressman Peter King of New York are all being considered for Vice President, the sources say.
BushKerry04

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

August 1, 2008 - BREAKING: Huckabee selects King for Vice President

SCRANTON, PA - At an event in Scranton, PA, presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mike Huckabee announced that Congressman Peter King of New York would be his running-mate in the 2008 election. "Pete King has fought to strengthen our military and protect law enforcement during his time in Congress. He knows the issues facing our country and will help me strengthen our military and fight for working families and for our values," Huckabee declared.

August 2, 2008 - Huckabee went with King because of foreign policy credentials: report

LITTLE ROCK, AR - Sources close to Mike Huckabee's presidential campaign told Politico that the candidate selected Congressman Peter King of New York as his running-mate primarily because of King's foreign policy experience and to secure support from the moderate wing of the GOP. One of the sources said Huckabee felt comfortable with King on a personal level and appreciated his convictions. Another source said several Huckabee aides encouraged the candidate to select Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire as his running-mate, but Huckabee went with King because of his personal comfort with the New York Congressman. "Mike believes that Pete King would be the best Vice President because of his experience on foreign policy issues and his candor, he's not your typical politician," a source stated.

August 14, 2008 - Congressman Peter King accepts Republican Vice Presidential nomination

"President Clark promised the American people he'd invest more resources towards our defenses. Instead, this administration underfunded our military by $50 billion. This administration said they'd place tough sanctions on Russia, they haven't. This administration said they'd increase the number of border patrol agents, they haven't. This administration said they'd reduce the cost of prescription drugs for seniors, they haven't. This administration said they would reject activist judges, they haven't. And this administration said they'd roll out a plan to deal with the student debt crisis, and guess what? They haven't. Now is not the time to reward politicians who make promises during an election year, it's a time for strong leadership focused on the defense of this country, fighting for working men and women, and defending our values. It makes no sense for us to reward failure, and it makes all the sense in the world to elect strong leadership for our country's future. Mike Huckabee and I have put forth an agenda worth voting for. Invest in our military, get tough on Russia and other outlaw regimes, secure our border, defend the sanctity of every human life, move away from the current tax code, and help lower the cost of prescription drugs by expanding choices for seniors. We'll do what this administration has failed to do, we'll strengthen America" - Congressman Peter King (R-NY), Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

August 15, 2008 - Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee accepts GOP Presidential Nomination

"I'm not here tonight because special interests, lobbyists, and insiders supported me as Governor of Arkansas and during the Republican primaries. I'm here tonight because ordinary Americans who've been left behind got together and helped our campaign. In Arkansas, we proved that we can keep a lid on taxes and spending while still investing in better schools, health care for our children, improving our infrastructure, and protecting our environment. I seek the confidence and support of the American people not to represent the Republican Party of yesterday, but to lead our country to a better tomorrow. The truth is, I am a father, son, and husband, a Christian, an American, and a conservative republican in that order. Everything I do as President will be guided by my commitment to my faith, my family, and to the freedom of every American. I believe that we are all God's children and that we need leaders who understand and respect that. My family, faith, and belief in freedom guides my policy positions. I'm not pro-life because a poll told me it's popular, my commitment to family, faith, and the freedom of all of God's children led me to conclude that I will always defend human life regardless of politics. I'm not for investing more federal resources to end our dependence on foreign energy because of something a consultant told me, I want to make sure my family and all American families don't have to rely on expensive energy from far away places to keep their homes warm and fill up their cars. And I'm not for scrapping the current tax code because an interest group convinced me to take that position, I am for getting rid of the tax code to advance the cause of economic freedom in our country. You see, I'm not someone who can be bought, I lead with conviction, and I know Americans want their next President to fight for them" - Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee, Republican Presidential Nominee   
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »

The official soundtrack of the 2008 Republican convention in this universe
BushKerry04

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 06:07:40 PM »

lol

August 24, 2008 - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Tonight, I ask you to join with President Clark and I to continue to unite our country and provide strong leadership for America's future. I'm incredibly proud of what we've achieved together since we took office four years ago. Working with Democrats and Republicans, embracing ideas from Americans across our country, and striving to bring people together, we've embarked on an era of progress, a renewed sense of optimism, and we've proven that government can work. We've cut taxes for working families and small businesses, passed equal pay for women, combated the climate crisis, improved our highways, raised standards in education, helped our veteran's get better health care, reduced the number of uninsured children by over 70%, and we brought our troops home from Iraq while investing in a stronger military. These things could not be accomplished without the help of Congressional Democrats and yes, the cooperation of Republicans. As we celebrate these accomplishments and seek another term to do more good, our opponents want to divide us and scare you into the voting booth. Governor Huckabee is trying to hide his record, a record of raising taxes, increasing government debt, taking a soft stance on crime, appointing anti-choice justices, and supporting the War in Iraq. To do so, he's making misleading claims about our economy, our administration's foreign policy, and our President. But we know the truth. The truth is, we are headed in the right direction, and we want to move forward together" - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen, Republican Vice Presidential Nominee

August 25, 2008 - President Wesley Clark accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"My fellow Americans, serving as President of these United States has been the honor and privilege of a lifetime. I'm proud to have served our country in uniform for most of my adult life. Tonight, I ask you for another opportunity to serve our country. Over the past four years, I've had the chance to get to know you, to be your voice, and to do the right thing by you. I hope that I have served you well, as I've tried to put partisan politics aside to look out for the national interest. Working with Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, and you, the people of this country, I'm proud of the work our administration has done to grow our economy, enhance our nation's security, and to fight to protect equality and civil liberties for every American. We've lowered taxes on working families and small businesses, invested in our infrastructure and the National Institute of Health, expanded access to quality health care for our children, seniors, and veterans, protected a woman's right to choose, passed equal pay for women, raised standards in education and helped more of our children afford college, reduced our dependence on foreign sources of energy and our carbon footprint, protected a woman's right to choose, ended the War in Iraq, and we are making progress in bringing greater stability to Afghanistan. Today, our economy is creating jobs, our deficits have been cut in half, welfare rolls are down, our students are graduating at the highest rate in history, more women are getting higher paying jobs than ever before, nearly 5 million Americans now have health insurance that didn't before, and we are moving in the right direction. My opponent has said that this election is a referendum on this administration, and I agree. If you believe that we should turn the clock back to the days when we gave tax breaks to the rich, weakened civil liberties, underfunded education and health care, and entered into a needless war based on false information, than my opponent is your candidate. If you believe we need strong leadership to continue to move our country in the right direction, I'm ready to lead this country for four more years" - President Wesley Clark, Democratic Presidential Nominee

September 1, 2008 - Survey: Clark remains in strong position for re-election, approval rating remains steady

WASHINGTON, DC - An LA Times survey finds that nationally, President Wesley Clark leads Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee in the race for President, 51%-39%, Clark also leads Huckabee in Ohio (48%-41%), Pennsylvania (50%-40%), Florida (52%-38%), Michigan (53%-38%), Wisconsin (51%-40%), New Hampshire (55%-38%), Virginia (47%-45%), North Carolina (46%-45%), Arkansas (48%-44%), Colorado (47%-41%), Nevada (49%-40%), Missouri (46%-45%), Iowa (48%-45%), and Indiana (47%-45%). The President also enjoys a 59% approval rating, with just 30% of Americans voicing disapproval of the President's job performance.

September 25, 2008 - Current campaign tv ads on the air

"Record"
NARRATOR: 7 million new jobs, welfare rolls down 40%, health care for 5 million Americans including 70% of uninsured children, the highest high school graduation rates ever, a record number of women earning more, and tax cuts for working families and small businesses. That's America's record under President Clark, now it's up to us to continue the progress. Re-elect President Clark. Strong leadership working for us.
WESLEY CLARK: I'm Wesley Clark and I approved this message.

"Stalling"
NARRATOR 1: Wesley Clark and Democrats in Congress have stalled billions of dollars in infrastructure improvements. Rather than let states distribute funds to improve our roads and bridges, the President has relied on Washington bureaucrats. Governor Tim Kaine, Democrat of Virginia, says the administration's approach is stalling progress. It's time for a change.
NARRATOR 2: Mike Huckabee is committed to investing in infrastructure. As President, Huckabee will reduce the size of the federal bureaucracy and return power to states. Huckabee for President.
MIKE HUCKABEE: I'm Mike Huckabee, and I approved this message.

"Future"
WESLEY CLARK: These four years have been about planning for America's future. We've invested in our middle class, job creation and training for workers, expanding access to health insurance, improving our schools, fixing our roads, ending our dependence on foreign sources of energy, and putting money back into the pockets of working families. We're ready to move forward because of the work we've done together, and I'm determined to continue the progress.
NARRATOR: Re-elect President Clark. Strong leadership working for us.
WESLEY CLARK: I'm Wesley Clark and I approved this message.

"Principles"
NARRATOR: He's been called a new kind of Republican, a leader for working families, and a candidate with conviction. Huckabee is pro-life and won't apologize for it, he believes in strong families as a core principle, and Huckabee knows limited government works best. He's running for President to stop Wesley Clark's assault on religious liberty, defend our border, and to end the income tax to help working families get ahead.
MIKE HUCKABEE: I'm Mike Huckabee, and I approve this message because it's time we focused on principles over politics.

"Service"
WESLEY CLARK DNC CONVENTION SPEECH 8/25/08: I'm proud to have served our country in uniform for most of my adult life. Tonight, I ask you for another opportunity to serve our country. Over the past four years, I've had the chance to get to know you, to be your voice, and to do the right thing by you. I hope that I have served you well, as I've tried to put partisan politics aside to look out for the national interest. Working with Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives, and you, the people of this country, I'm proud of the work our administration has done to grow our economy, enhance our nation's security, and to fight to protect equality and civil liberties for every American.
NARRATOR: Re-elect President Clark. Strong leadership working for us.

"Immigration"
MIKE HUCKABEE: Since Wesley Clark became President, illegal border crossings have jumped 15%. Illegal immigration costs taxpayers over $100 billion per year and hurts the wages of American workers. I believe in legal immigration and know that legal immigrants contribute greatly to our economy and culture. But we have to stop illegal immigration. It's simple. We secure the border, mandate employment verification, and deport those who've committed crimes. We can control our border, continue legal immigration, and stop illegal immigration. I'm Mike Huckabee, and I approved this message because it's time for us to focus on securing our border.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »

What about the Wall Street crash?
BushKerry04

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 08:25:14 PM »

October 5, 2008 - Clark, Huckabee participate in first presidential debate on domestic issues

"During my first State of the Union address, I told the American people that we'd enter into a new era of economic growth and fairness that would empower every American to reach his or her God given potential. Today, thanks to policies implemented on a bipartisan basis, we are seeing greater job growth and fairness in our economy, but our work isn't over. Here's my pledge to the American people. In a second term, I'll continue to keep taxes low, expand access to health care, fund No Child Left Behind and vocational training, promote trade that is free and fair, ensure women are treated equally in the workplace, and support initiatives to create jobs in the alternative energy sector and to help fund the National Institutes of Health. I'll also fight for a higher minimum wage, expanded paid sick leave, and tax cuts for manufacturing jobs created here in America. We can achieve these things, and we'll be better off for it. Governor Huckabee, when given the chance to govern, raised taxes and increased debt, that's not the right approach to move our country forward in my opinion" - Wesley Clark

"Throughout the course of this campaign, we've heard a lot of facts and figures from the President. Since this campaign began, I've traveled across our country and have met factory workers who's jobs were sent to China, parents who are concerned about negative cultural influences on their children, educators who are forced to teach to a test, seniors struggling to afford medicine, and young people who are finding jobs that don't pay enough to help them pay off their student debt. Millions of Americans have been left behind due to economic changes, and we can't ignore their challenges and concerns. The President and I agree that we have to make our children have health insurance, and I think the federal government can work with states and the private sector to make that happen. But we fundamentally disagree on how to really help those left behind. The President's answer is more spending, my answer is to stop trade agreements that send jobs overseas, scrap a tax code that discourages productivity, work with the private sector to create a new tax credit for employers who help their employees with student loans, and stop illegal immigration" - Mike Huckabee

"Governor Huckabee opposes a woman's right to choose and believes that there should be no exceptions. Governor Huckabee has even proposed a constitutional amendment that would ban a woman's right to choose. I personally don't like the idea of abortion, but I believe that women have the right to choose what they do with their body. I don't believe a President should get in the way of a woman and her Doctor making medical decisions. It's funny, Governor Huckabee says I'm a big government progressive, but I've actually reduced taxes and the size of government while protecting a woman's right to choose and therefore women's privacy. Governor Huckabee sought to take away a woman's right to choose, but raised taxes and increased spending in Arkansas. Governor Huckabee is the big government candidate in this race" - Wesley Clark

"My faith defines who I am and informs how I treat others and every decision I make. I'm not looking to force my faith on others, but Americans should know that if elected President, I will be a leader of faith. My faith informs me to protect the sanctity of human life and yes, my faith informs me to respect everyone, but to defend traditional marriage. The President has sought to undermine our religious liberty, I'll defend religious liberty as President. My administration won't question the tax-exempt status of certain faith-based organizations like this administration has, we'll scrap the entire tax code so that faith-based initiatives can thrive" - Mike Huckabee

"I'm very proud of what our administration has done in the area of education. We've increased funding for special needs classrooms, raised standards, increased funding for vouchers, encouraged states to abandon social promotion in 4th grade, we've created a new opportunity scholarship fund tax credit to encourage businesses to offer scholarships, and we've increased the number of pell grants by 25%. When I took office, we were underfunding education; public schools needed $40 billion annually, and they were only getting $25 billion. Now, they are getting $50 billion and the return on investment has been clear. We have the highest rate of high school graduations in history, the achievement gap between minority students and white students is down, more women are attending college than at anytime in history, and a record number of students with special needs are able to enter the private sector. We are headed in the right direction, and we'll continue to be for four more years" - Wesley Clark

"I applaud the President's efforts on education, this is an area where there is some agreement. Unfortunately, a big area of disagreement between us is on health care. This administration expanded medicaid and have moved us towards socialized medicine. Now, I support SCHIP because I think we have to ensure that every child in America is covered, but in the long-term we should move towards a private sector voucher model. We should encourage employers to provide insurance to their employees by extending tax breaks to do so and we should allow people to buy insurance across state lines, something this administration won't even discuss. We should also get rid of the excessive regulations and litigation that have made health insurance so expensive for millions of Americans. We can fix our health care system, but it's going to take a President committed to doing so working with the private sector" - Mike Huckabee
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:06 PM »

I have a feeling that Huck only picks up Arkansas and Clark picks up a lot of formerly Republican states
BushKerry04

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2018, 05:06:17 PM »

I have a feeling that Huck only picks up Arkansas and Clark picks up a lot of formerly Republican states

We'll see, it's been a while since both presidential nominees lived in the same state not called New York.

October 12, 2008 - Clark, Huckabee participate in foreign policy debate

"My commitment to the American people is the same today as it was when I ran for President four years ago. My commitment is not to police the world, it's to protect American interests, fight for human rights, and ensure outlaw regimes are sanctioned when necessary, but war has to be a last resort. My administration has invested in military bases, human intelligence, and we've ended the War in Iraq and instead focused on success in Afghanistan. I'm proud to have kept my promises to the American people on foreign policy" - Wesley Clark

"This administration has allowed civil war to escalate in Syria, they've considered opening up relations with Cuba without demanding human rights and the return of criminals, and they've sought a U.N. solution to deal with Libya instead of being a leader for change there. My administration will restore America's role as a leader in world affairs, and I'll invest more resources into our military. This administration has kept defense spending virtually flat since they took office, our troops and our country deserve better" - Mike Huckabee

October 18, 2008 - Shaheen, King participate in Vice Presidential debate

"What's interesting about this election is, President Clark and I are new kind of Democrats while our opponents are new kind of Republicans. We've cut taxes and the deficit while still making investments in education, health care, job training, our military and veterans, infrastructure, and energy. We've worked with members of both parties to expand school choice, ensure there is less fraud in the SNAP program, and we've supported trade agreements that are free and fair. Governor Huckabee raised taxes and increased spending so much in Arkansas that the conservative Club for Growth came out and said our administration's record on taxes and fiscal discipline is better than Governor Huckabee's" - Jeanne Shaheen

"This administration promised Congress and the American people they'd double the mile of border fence with an appropriation we sent to them in June of 2005, they haven't even begun to expand that border wall and have cited environmental concerns that three independent reports state are non-existent. Americans want greater border security, I fought to fund that wall and to increase border patrol agents. Illegal border crossings are up 8% since a year ago, and several states have used federal taxpayer funding to give in-state tuition to the children of illegal aliens while we have a $887 billion student debt crisis. This is an outage, Mike Huckabee and I will secure the border, stop funding sanctuary cities, oppose the Dream Act, and allow those here illegally that have had otherwise good behavior to apply for legalized status" - Peter King

"The President and I have worked very hard to improve the quality of life for every American. The kind of tax relief we passed put money back into the pocket's of small businesses and middle and lower income Americans while helping reduce the unemployment rate from 5.3% to 4%. We expanded medicaid to cover millions of Americans and reduced the number of children without health insurance by 70%. We fully funded No Child Left Behind, increased funding and created new accountability for special needs classrooms, rewarded merit-pay for teachers, and expanded school choice. Today, we have the highest high school graduation rates ever and the achievement gap has been reduced. Our investments in job training and health care for our veterans have helped the unemployed learn new skills and improve the quality of health insurance for our veterans. We want to work with Congress and the American people for another four years to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy, make sure our campaign finance system is transparent, continue to invest in education, health care, job training, and infrastructure, and continue to defend our interests here at home and globally" - Jeanne Shaheen

"Mike Huckabee and I are fighting for Americans who've been left behind in this economy, to restore a culture that speaks to the best of our morals, and to restore America's standing in the world as this President damages our alliances with nations like Poland and Israel. Trying to socially engineer economic activity and even moral activity as this administration has done hasn't helped workers of shuttered-factories in places like Johnstown, Pennsylvania or Detriot, Michigan. It hasn't helped families combat the heroin epidemic, nor has it stopped illegal immigration. Mike Huckabee and I intend to stop illegal immigration by securing the border, end trade agreements that send jobs overseas, work to combat the heroin epidemic by working with Governors and giving local authorities and non-profits greater resources, and we intend to invest more in our military and place new economic sanctions on those who this President has given a free pass" - Peter King

October 25, 2008 - Clark, Huckabee make their case in final presidential debate

"For my entire adult life, I have had the honor to serve America. As a young man, I took an oath to stand up for and defend everything our country stands for and all of it's people. On January 20, 2005, I started on a mission to defend our security, grow our economy and make it fairer for those without a voice, protect the rights of every American, and lead with integrity. Working with members of both parties, we've managed to accomplish those things we set out to do four years ago. Today, more Americans are going to work, taxes are lower for most businesses and families, the deficit is lower, more Americans have health insurance, more students are graduating from high school, more women are enrolled in college and are getting high-paying jobs, and fewer Americans receive welfare benefits when compared to four years ago. At the same time, we brought our troops home from Iraq, we've begun the process of stabilizing Afghanistan, and we have invested heavily in all of our defenses. If you believe that we should continue to ensure opportunity for every American and focus on defending our security instead of policing the world, I humbly ask for your support in this election" - Wesley Clark

"Washington D.C. divides Americans along lines of political party, income, race, and religion. While Washington politicians play games, I've had the experience of actually leading. I worked with both parties to balance budgets, keep a lid on taxes, invest in health care and infrastructure, and defend the sanctity of every human life. My core convictions aren't driven by poll numbers or to pander to a group of voters, my core convictions are based on the teachings of my faith, what's best for my family, and my love of the freedoms we enjoy in this great country. I'm running for President because every American deserves a voice in government, every American deserves an advocate. I don't believe that our rights come from government, they come from an almighty God, and it's up to each of us in elected office to defend those rights and promote policies that benefit every American and not just lobbyists and different interest groups who contribute to campaigns. I realize I'm the underdog in this election, but I ask for your vote so that I can have the honor to serve our country as President" - Mike Huckabee 
TheBeardedOne
United States
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »

I predict an easy Wes win
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2018, 05:55:01 PM »

Why would Huck win Arkansas? Isn't Wes Clark from there?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies