2004: Kerry doesn't run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:05:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: Kerry doesn't run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: 2004: Kerry doesn't run  (Read 17482 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2018, 05:02:44 PM »

November 4, 2008 - President Clark wins re-election, GOP maintains congressional majority

Popular Vote:
Wesley Clark/Jeanne Shaheen (D) 54%
Mike Huckabee/Peter King (R) 45%

Electoral College:
Clark 397
Huckabee 141

Exit polling

By Ideology:
Conservative - Huckabee 88% Clark 11%
Moderate - Clark 58% Huckabee 41%
Liberal - Clark 98% Huckabee 1%

By Political Party:
Republican - Huckabee 82% Clark 17%
Independent - Clark 56% Huckabee 43%
Democratic - Clark 97% Huckabee 2%

By Race:
White - Huckabee 53% Clark 46%
Hispanic/Latino - Clark 62% Huckabee 37%
Black - Clark 92% Huckabee 7%
Asian - Clark 60% Huckabee 39%
Other - Clark 85% Huckabee 14%

By gender:
Male - Huckabee 52% Clark 47%
Female - Clark 63% Huckabee 36%

By Religion:
Christian (all) - Clark 54% Huckabee 45%
Protestant - Clark 51% Huckabee 48%
Baptist - Huckabee 67% Clark 32%
Catholic - Clark 54% Huckabee 45%
Evangelical - Huckabee 61% Clark 38%
Mormon - Huckabee 62% Clark 37%
Jewish - Clark 80% Huckabee 19%
Muslim - Clark 94% Huckabee 5%
Other - Clark 80% Huckabee 19%
Atheist - Clark 99% Huckabee 0.1%

By education:
High school diploma - Clark 56% Huckabee 43%
College diploma - Huckabee 52% Clark 47%
Advanced degree - Clark 70% Huckabee 29%

By Area:
Rural - Huckabee 56% Clark 43%
Suburban - Clark 51% Huckabee 48%
Urban - Clark 60% Huckabee 39%

By Region:
Northeast - Clark 62% Huckabee 37%
Midwest - Clark 53% Huckabee 46%
Rocky Mountains - Huckabee 77% Huckabee 32%
South - Huckabee 51% Clark 48%
Southwest - Clark 54% Huckabee 45%

By Income:
Under $40K -  Clark 60% Huckabee 39%
$40K-$60K - Clark 56% Huckabee 43%
$60K-$85K - Clark 55% Clark 44%
$85K-$150K - Clark 49% Huckabee 49%
$150K-$500K - Huckabee 55% Clark 44%
$500K-$1 million - Huckabee 71% Clark 28%
Above $1 million - Huckabee 82% Clark 17%

By Most Important Issue:
Economy - Clark 55% Huckabee 44%
National Debt - Clark 53% Huckabee 46%
National Security - Clark 60% Huckabee 39%
Illegal immigration - Huckabee 55% Clark 44%
Health Care - Clark 52% Huckabee 47%
Entitlement Programs - Huckabee 51% Clark 48%
Education - Clark 50% Huckabee 49%

Is the U.S. economy better, worse, or the same today than it was in 2000?
Better 55%
Worse 10%
Same 30%

Is the country headed in the right direction?
Yes 60%
No 28%

Do you support or oppose the War in Afghanistan?
Support 52%
Oppose 33%

Candidate and running-mate favorability
Wesley Clark - 68% Favorable, 30% Unfavorable
Jeanne Shaheen - 56% Favorable, 40% Unfavorable
Mike Huckabee - 53% Favorable, 30% Unfavorable
Peter King - 48% Favorable, 41% Unfavorable

President Clark Approval Rating:
Approve: 55%
Disapprove: 39%

Candidate and running-mate home state results:
Arkansas - Clark 53% Huckabee 46%
New Hampshire - Clark 60% Huckabee 39%
New York - Clark 61% Huckabee 38%

Swing State Results:
Ohio - Clark 55% Huckabee 44%
Pennsylvania - Clark 56% Huckabee 43%
Virginia - Clark 51% Huckabee 48%
Nevada - Clark 52% Huckabee 48%
New Hampshire - Clark 60% Huckabee 39%
Florida - Clark 53% Huckabee 46%
North Carolina - Clark 51% Huckabee 48%
Wisconsin - Clark 59% Huckabee 40%
Michigan - Clark 58% Huckabee 41%
Iowa - Clark 51% Huckabee 48%
Colorado - Clark 57% Huckabee 42%

January 20, 2009 - Meet the leaders of both political parties

House Speaker Roy Blunt (R-MO)
House Majority Leader Deborah Pryce (R-OH)
House Majority Whip John Boehner (R-OH)
House Minority Leader Zoe Lofgren (D-CA)
House Minority Whip Ben Cardin (D-MD)
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)
U.S. Senate Majority Whip Tom Coburn (R-OK)
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Joseph R. Biden (D-DE)
U.S. Senate Minority Whip Bill Nelson (D-FL)
RNC Chairman Mitt Romney
DNC Chairman James Carville

January 20, 2009 - President Clark sworn-in for second term

The Clark Administration
Vice President Jeanne Shaheen
Secretary of State Bill Richardson
Secretary of the Treasury Joe Moglia   
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta   
Attorney General Joseph Lieberman
Secretary of the Interior Fran Ulmer 
Secretary of Agriculture David H. Murdock   
Secretary of Commerce W. Craig Jelinek
Secretary of Labor Edwin D. Hill   
Secretary of Health and Human Services Ann Brown
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jim Connors 
Secretary of Transportation Raymond P. Martinez     
Secretary of Energy Tony Clifford   
Secretary of Education Donald R. Bobbitt   
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Hugh Shelton   
White House Chief of Staff Blanche Lincoln   
United States Trade Representative Jeffrey Davidow       
Director of National Intelligence Anthony Lake 
Ambassador to the United Nations Hillary Clinton
Director of the Office of Management and Budget Laura Tyson 
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Floyd I. Clarke
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Christie Todd Whitman   
Administrator of the Small Business Administration Kevin Mansell

BushKerry04

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2018, 11:19:53 PM »

Highlights of the Clark administration, January 20, 2009 - January 1, 2011

February 5, 2009 - Clark signs The Energy Security Act of 2009 into law: Passed with broad bipartisan support, President Wesley Clark signed the Energy Security Act of 2009 into law. The legislation increases tax credits available for homeowners and businesses that invest in alternative energy while also creating a new incentive program to encourage research and development of technologies powered by non-traditional energy sources.
May 21, 2009 - President Clark announces that U.S. troops will be home from Afghanistan by 2012: President Wesley Clark, citing success in bringing stability to Afghanistan, announced that all but 12,000 residual forces will be in Afghanistan by January 2012. Congressional Republicans criticized the President's announcement, with House Speaker Roy Blunt stating the President should keep his withdrawal plans "private."
October 10, 2009 - President Clark, Republicans agree to a slow minimum wage increase, capital gains tax cut: Following months of debate, President Wesley Clark signed into law bipartisan legislation that will increase the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $9.25 by the year 2013. In exchange for Republican support, the President agreed to reduce the capital gains tax by 15% across-the-board.
January 25, 2010 - President Clark signs the 21st Century Social Security Reform Act into law: Following over two years of work, President Wesley Clark signed the largest reform of social security in 24 years, the 21st Century Social Security Reform Act, into law. The new legislation gradually increases the retirement age by five years, means-tests social security, and allows those earning above $70,000 per year to place their social security dollars into a private account or 401(k). The bipartisan proposal, worked on by President Clark and Senate Minority Leader Joe Biden, passed 58-42 in the U.S. Senate and 300-135 in the House of Representatives. Most of the opposition came from Democrats who were concerned about private accounts.
July 17, 2010 - Clark, Congress agree to $500 billion in infrastructure funding over a decade funded by taxes, fees: President Wesley Clark and a bipartisan coalition in both houses of Congress agreed to use revenues collected from the capital gains tax in addition to the federal gas tax and various fees to pay for $700 billion worth of infrastructure spending between 2010 and 2020. The legislation passed the U.S. Senate 60-40 and the House of Representatives 330-105.
November 2, 2010 - GOP maintains control of Congress, picks up one Senate seat: Republicans maintained control of both houses of Congress. Democrats won a net of two house seats as Republican Pat Toomey defeated Democrat Joe Sestak to become Pennsylvania's junior United States Senator.
December 15, 2010 - Clark, GOP agree on bipartisan health care reform legislation: President Clark and Republicans in Congress agreed to pass bipartisan health care reform legislation that expands medicaid by $300 billion over eight years to help cover 5.2 million Americans with health insurance while also enacting tort reform and allowing people to buy insurance across state lines. The legislation passed in the U.S. Senate 90-10 and the House of Representatives 421-14.

January 10, 2011 - Blunt to seek GOP presidential nomination

ST. LOUIS, MO - Former Governor of Missouri Matt Blunt, the son of House Speaker Roy Blunt, announced his intention to run for President in the 2012 GOP primary. Emphasizing his tough stance against illegal immigration and wasteful government spending, Blunt said he'd enforce the nation's immigration laws, reduce federal spending to the rate of inflation, and reduce the number of tax brackets in order to simplify the tax code and lower rates. "Like every election, the race for the presidency in 2012 won't be about the past eight years, it will be about the next four. We have to nominate and elect a Republican who has a track record of fighting for this country and getting things done in government, and I am that Republican," Blunt told supporters.

January 20, 2011 - Keyes launches third presidential campaign

BALTIMORE, MD - Former Ambassador to the United Nations Alan Keyes declared that for a third time, he would seek the GOP nomination for President. "There is a moral crisis in America, and I'm here to help us rediscover the values that made our country great. Republicans aren't going to win if we focus on the money, we need to focus on the morals," Keyes stated in a video. Keyes voiced support for banning abortion and same-sex marriage, school choice, and an end to the income tax in his video announcement.

January 25, 2011 - Huntsman announces presidential bid

MANCHESTER, NH - Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman, a former diplomat, declared he would run for President in 2012. Huntsman praised aspects of the Clark administration's foreign policy, but was critical of Congress for what he described as fiscal irresponsibility and complicating the federal tax code. Huntsman called for a flat tax, a balanced budget, and bipartisan immigration reform. "As Americans, we need to focus on how to promote sustained, long-term economic growth and how to properly exert our strength here at home and in this world. I have led in the private sector and in government, and I hope to lead that effort as your President," Huntsman told a New Hampshire crowd.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2018, 10:49:30 AM »

DNC Chair James Carville! I imagine a much more worker/New Dem-oriented Democratic Party is approaching
BushKerry04

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2018, 11:26:36 PM »

DNC Chair James Carville! I imagine a much more worker/New Dem-oriented Democratic Party is approaching

It's quite possible....

February 15, 2011 - In web video, Bayh announces 2012 presidential bid

SHIRKIEVILLE, IN - In a Youtube video, Former U.S. Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana declared he would seek the 2012 Democratic nomination for President. "I'm running for President because we have a choice to make in this election. We can continue to move our country forward by investing in our people, continuing to lead the world, and protecting equal rights for everyone, or we can go back to the days when government only worked for the very wealthy and special interests," Bayh said in his announcement. Bayh said if elected, he'd work to pass comprehensive campaign finance reform, expand paid medical leave, and work with both political parties to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

March 2, 2011 - Kay Bailey Hutchison to seek GOP presidential nomination

HOUSTON, TX - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison became the fourth Republican to announce a bid for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. The Senate Majority Leader said if elected, she would appoint conservative judges, work with both parties to reform social security and medicare, and eliminate the Department of Education. "I'm a common sense conservative who believes government should do less, but that what government does should work. Saving taxpayer dollars while protecting our seniors, veterans, students, the poor, and the sick will be the cause of my presidency," she told a crowd of roughly 1,500 supporters.

March 5, 2011 - On Fox News, Peter King announces presidential campaign

WASHINGTON, DC - Emphasizing his national security credentials and tough stance against illegal immigration and abortion, Congressman Peter King of New York told Fox News that he would run for President in 2012. "We need someone in this race and to lead the country who understands that we need the strongest military possible and to bring greater stability to the world, some in my own party are now part of the blame America first crowd. I'm going to run for President to defend this country and our values," King stated.

April 2, 2011 - Vice President Shaheen running for President

MANCHESTER, NH - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen declared her intention to run for the 2012 Democratic Presidential Nomination at a campaign rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. Shaheen dedicated much of her speech to defending the Clark administration's record, while also promising to fight for increased federal funding for local law enforcement, a comprehensive plan to combat the drug epidemic, and against tax and spending increases. "Americans are stronger than ever, but our work to help everyone realize the American dream and to help those who hurt is far from over. Together, we can make this world a better place," the Vice President told supporters.

BushKerry04

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2018, 03:57:53 PM »

May 1, 2011 - Quayle to seek Republican nomination for President

PHOENIX, AZ - Former Vice President Dan Quayle, who briefly sought the 2000 GOP presidential nomination, declared he would be a candidate for President in 2012. Quayle was critical of President Clark's foreign policy and said if elected, he would place tough sanctions on Iran and Russia, fight to defund Planned Parenthood, and expand choice in education. "I am ready to lead this country, I have the experience necessary to govern, and I am a true conservative ready to represent our party in the fall 2012 election," Quayle stated. 

May 5, 2011 - Martinez launches presidential bid

MIAMI BEACH, FL - Former U.S. Senator Mel Martinez of Florida announced that he would run for President in 2012, emphasizing his reputation for bipartisan problem solving and pledging to fight for bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform and an audit of all federal agencies to save taxpayer dollars. "There's no reason Republicans and Democrats can't work together to find solutions to the challenges we face," Martinez told supporters.

May 25, 2011 - Survey: Hutchison, Huntsman, Shaheen lead, Clark approval remains strong, Democrats slightly favored to win 2012 election

WASHINGTON, DC - A CNN survey finds that Vice President Jeanne Shaheen leads Indiana's Evan Bayh in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination by a comfortable margin, both nationally and in key early states. Nationally, Shaheen leads Bayh 60%-12% as she also leads Bayh in Iowa (58%-15%), New Hampshire (60%-14%), South Carolina (59%-12%), and Michigan (61%-10%). On the GOP side, U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas leads Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman and Former Governor of Missouri Roy Blunt nationally, 18%-14%-12% respectively. Former Vice President Dan Quayle earns 10%, followed by Congressman Peter King, who was the GOP nominee for Vice President in 2008, at 8% and opponent Alan Keyes with 2%. Hutchison also leads Huntsman and Blunt in Iowa (20%-15%-12%), South Carolina (19%-18%-15%), and Michigan (17%-14%-12%). In New Hampshire, Hutchison, Huntsman, and Blunt are tied with 15%, with King earning 14%, Quayle earning 12%, and Keyes at 3%. The survey also found that President Wesley Clark has a 58% approval rating, with 39% disapproving of the President's job performance. In a hypothetical general election, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen leads Hutchison (48%-45%), Huntsman (47%-45%), Blunt (49%-42%), Quayle (49%-44%), King (50%-40%), and Keyes (52%-38%).

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2018, 04:31:42 PM »

Well it would be fun to have a President my parents are friends with lol.
BushKerry04

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2018, 05:22:42 PM »

Well it would be fun to have a President my parents are friends with lol.

That's awesome!

August 10, 2011 - Blunt wins Ames, IA straw poll

Matt Blunt 1,235
Kay Bailey Hutchison 1,102
Dan Quayle 800
Jon Huntsman 690
Peter King 504
Alan Keyes 192
Mel Martinez 55

August 25, 2011 - In first GOP debate, candidates tout accomplishments, conservative credentials

"I'm proud of the work Republicans in the U.S. Senate and Congress have done to promote growth in our economy, greater security, and to restore fiscal responsibility to Washington D.C. Despite having a Democratic President, we've reduced taxes on working families and small businesses, stopped costly economic regulations, passed free trade, expanded choice in education, and stopped this administration from using federal taxpayer funds to support Planned Parenthood. As leader of our party in the United States Senate, I'm proud to have led these efforts and have every intention of working with Congress to do even more to advance our shared conservative values as President. I'm proud to have earned top ratings from taxpayer groups and socially conservative organizations. As President, I'll fight to keep taxes low, secure our border, appoint conservative judges, and return power to states. I have put forth very specific plans to accomplish these goals and I'll fight for these policies as President." - Kay Bailey Hutchison

"In 1980, I was elected to the United States Senate representing Indiana on a ticket with Ronald Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush. Our Republican Party ran on a platform of limited government, strong families, and restoring our leadership position in world affairs. 31 years later, and with experience having served as Vice President and spent the past 25 years in the private sector, I am running for President to turn the page on the Clark era to limit government, defend the family, and restore our leadership position in the world. Some have asked me why I am once again seeking public office, and the answer is simple. I believe I can contribute and do right by the American people. My campaign is not about Washington D.C. or serving the special interests, it's about doing what's morally right for America." - Dan Quayle

"When the American people turn on their televisions, they hear a lot about how well the economy is doing. Yes, job growth has been steady and we should celebrate that. But wages have not kept pace with the increase in energy, educational, and health insurance costs. While our economy is creating jobs overall, there are job losses in sectors once considered to be the heart and soul of our economy. I'm running for President because our party deserves leadership committed to free market principles and our country deserves leadership that will stand on the side of the American people and work to help every American achieve his or her full potential. My economic plan for America will establish a 12% flat income tax and a 18% flat corporate tax, dedicate more funding for vocational training, partner with the private sector to increase access to higher education while reducing student debt, free up the health insurance market to reduce insurance costs while protecting those with serious illnesses, and reduce barriers to trade. I have experience in business, the non-profit sector, foreign policy, and as Governor of Utah that I believe will be invaluable to helping broaden prosperity and help us compete in a global economy." - Jon Huntsman

"My parents instilled in me a belief in God, love of country, compassion for my fellow humans, and a desire to serve a cause greater than myself. I have served this nation in uniform and had the opportunity to be Governor of my home state of Missouri. I have seen all the great that America has done, and I know something about leadership. As I've said before, this campaign is not about the past eight years, it's about the next four. There's been a lot of talk in this campaign about immigration, taxes, and fiscal responsibility. I've led on these issues in Missouri, and I have every intention of leading on them as President. As Republicans, we've been focused far too much on Washington D.C. and not enough on middle America. People are concerned about our border, a tax code that's outdated, a national debt that keeps on increasing, and jobs being sent overseas because it's too expensive to do business here. Republicans have lost credibility on immigration in particular, I've enforced immigration laws and have a plan to secure our border and stop illegal immigration." - Matt Blunt

"In Washington D.C. today, there's a lot of arguing between Republicans and Democrats, but there isn't a lot of progress on the issues that matter to all of us. This year, the federal government is projected to run a $300 billion budget deficit and add $800 billion to the national debt. When he took office in January 2005, President Clark said that he'd stop adding to our debt and would fight to eliminate the deficit. While the $300 billion is lower than the deficits we saw before the President took office, little has been done to actually control spending and stop adding to the debt. Until we work together to reduce spending and make government more efficient, we won't ever balance the budget or reduce the national debt." - Mel Martinez

"I have said over and over again in this campaign that the next leader of the free world must invest less in pet projects and instead support our brave men and women in uniform. Our Republican Party can not become an isolationist party, we have to be a party that supports strong borders, a strong military, and sanctions against those who violate international norms. We have to do all we can to bring stability to Afghanistan and defeat our enemies wherever they are. Governor Huntsman and Governor Blunt believe we should be doing less overseas, I say we shouldn't make promises based on polls and need to do whatever it takes to succeed against our enemies. I have the experience, the convictions, and the ability to work with the smartest foreign policy minds and our generals to help us bring greater stability to the world." - Peter King

"What you have heard from all of my fellow candidates is they are going to focus their attention and energy on policy issues the Democrats will defeat them on. Our economy has added 15 million new jobs under this President, anyone thinking Republicans can win the white house on jobs is kidding themselves. What we have to do, what I've always done, is focused on morals and not just money. We have a corrupted culture today, our children are being corrupted by secular progressive interests in public schools, few truly stand up for the pro-life position, and marriage has become corrupted as we've redefined it's meaning and therefore it's basic institution. Some up here give lip service to the idea of freedom, faith, and family, but few actually fight for it. Well, I've fought for the foundations on which our society was created on for my entire adult life, and I'm here today because we need an unapologetic defense of parental choice, the pro-life position, traditional marriage, and stopping PC culture." - Alan Keyes

September 20, 2011 - In first Democratic debate, Shaheen and Bayh discuss future of party, country

"Working with the President, I've worked to address the most pressing issues facing our country over the course of the last eight years. Abroad, we brought the War in Iraq to a conclusion in a responsible manner, we've done the necessary things to defend our interests and bring stability to Afghanistan, and we have strengthened our defenses, intelligence, and we've cracked down on currency manipulation and human rights abuses across the world. At home, our economy has created 15 million new jobs, welfare rolls have fallen, we've reduced the number of Americans without health insurance by 10 million, and we have seen a closing achievement gap in education as high school graduation rates are the highest ever. The Republican candidates have plans to undo all the good we have done. As Democrats, I think our party should defend the record of this administration and support similar policies in the future." - Jeanne Shaheen

"The Vice President is right, we are headed in the right direction. I voted with this administration 95% of the time in the United States Senate. I campaigned for the President and Vice President in Indiana in 2008, and they won the state with 52% of the vote. I fought very hard with the administration to adequately fund No Child Left Behind and brokered a deal between the President and Senate Republicans that allowed us to cut taxes on working families and small businesses. While I have defended the President's record and will continue to do so, the Vice President and I have to run on our own ideas for America's future. I've put forth plans to reform the campaign finance system, reform our broken immigration system so we welcome more people here legally, reform medicare while lowering the cost of prescription drugs for seniors, and a plan that gets us to a balanced federal budget by 2017 without cutting entitlements." - Evan Bayh

BushKerry04

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2018, 08:03:58 PM »

October 1, 2011 - Survey: Hutchison, Blunt, Shaheen lead

National GOP Primary
Kay Bailey Hutchison 20%
Matt Blunt 19%
Jon Huntsman 12%
Dan Quayle 7%
Alan Keyes 7%
Peter King 7%
Mel Martinez 5%

National Democratic Primary
Jeanne Shaheen 62%
Evan Bayh 12%

Iowa GOP Caucuses
Kay Bailey Hutchison 18%
Matt Blunt 18%
Dan Quayle 12%
Jon Huntsman 10%
Alan Keyes 7%
Peter King 2%
Mel Martinez 2%

Iowa Democratic Caucuses
Jeanne Shaheen 58%
Evan Bayh 18%

New Hampshire GOP Primary
Kay Bailey Hutchison 17%
Matt Blunt 15%
Jon Huntsman 14%
Dan Quayle 12%
Mel Martinez 7%
Peter King 6%
Alan Keyes 5%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Jeanne Shaheen 91%
Evan Bayh 7%

South Carolina GOP Primary
Matt Blunt 20%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 17%
Jon Huntsman 12%
Dan Quayle 10%
Alan Keyes 8%
Mel Martinez 5%
Peter King 3%

South Carolina Democratic Primary
Jeanne Shaheen 65%
Evan Bayh 12%

October 10, 2011 - Hutchison releases endorsements; wins strong support from D.C., Bush administration alumni

DALLAS, TX - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison released a long endorsement list of people supporting her presidential campaign. Hutchison has earned the endorsements of 25 Republican U.S. Senators and 40 members of the House of Representatives. Hutchison highlighted endorsements from U.S. Senate Majority Whip Tom Couburn of Oklahoma, U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ), Jon Cornyn (R-TX), Chuck Grassley (R-IA) Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), the entire GOP Congressional delegations of Texas and Arizona, and Governors Rick Perry (R-TX), Mary Fallin (R-OK), Chris Christie (R-NJ), and Terry Brandstad (R-IA). Former U.S. Senators Elizabeth Dole (R-NC), Bill Frist (R-TN), and Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole also endorsed Hutchison. Additionally, Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, Former Education Secretary Rod Paige, and Former Director of the Domestic Policy Council John Bridgeland also endorsed Hutchison.

October 20, 2011 - Huntsman picks up several endorsements

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - GOP presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman earned the endorsements of several current and former Governors, business executives, and foreign policy experts. The following is a list of those endorsing Huntsman for President:

Collin Powell, Former U.S. Secretary of State
James Baker, Former U.S. Secretary of State
William Cohen, Former U.S. Secretary of Defense
James L. Jones, Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander
Clark Randt, Former Ambassador to China
Daniel C. Kurtzer, Former Ambassador to Israel
John Kasich, Governor of Ohio
Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin
Brian Sandoval, Governor of Nevada
Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina
Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana
Butch Otter, Governor of Idaho
Mike Leavitt, Former Governor of Utah
David Beasley, Former Governor of South Carolina
Tom Kean, Former Governor of New Jersey
Christie Todd Whitman, Former Governor of New Jersey
Mitt Romney, Former Governor of Massachusetts
George Pataki, Former Governor of New York
Judd Gregg, Former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Kelly Ayotte, U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Mike Lee, U.S. Senator from Utah
Orin Hatch, U.S. Senator from Utah
Ron Johnson, U.S. Senator from Wisconsin
Jack Welch, Former CEO of GE
Robert Niblock, CEO of Lowes
Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of HP

November 15, 2011 - Shaheen releases large endorsement list; wins support of majority of Democrats in Congress, Governors, Former Presidents Clinton and Carter

MANCHESTER, NH - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen announced that 30 senate Democrats and 102 house Democrats endorsed her presidential campaign. U.S. Senate Minority Leader Joe Biden (D-DE), U.S. Senate Minority Whip Bill Nelson (D-FL), House Minority Leader Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), and House Minority Whip Ben Cardin (D-MD) all endorsed Shaheen. Additionally, every Democratic Governor in the country other than Brian Schweitzer of Montana and Jerry Brown of California support Shaheen. Former Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, along with Former Secretary of State Carol Moseley-Braun, Former Clinton Chief of Staff Leon Panetta, and Former Clinton Secretary of Education Richard Riley also support Shaheen for President.

November 28, 2011 - Blunt wins endorsements immigration hard-liners, House Republicans, others

ST. LOUIS, MO - Former Governor of Missouri Matt Blunt picked up endorsements from several leaders known for taking a tough stance against illegal immigration. Iowa Congressman Steve King, Governor of Arizona Jan Brewer, Former Governor of California Pete Wilson, Maricopa County, Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Former Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo, Radio talk show host Lou Dobbs, and Businessman Donald J. Trump endorsed Blunt's bid for the GOP presidential nomination. Blunt's father, House Speaker Roy Blunt, helped the candidate secure endorsements from 72 House Republicans, including the entire GOP house delegations from Missouri, California, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Michigan other than Justin Amash. Blunt also won endorsements from Former U.S. Senator Kit Bond of Missouri, Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee, Former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania Rick Santorum, and Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
BushKerry04

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »

December 1, 2011 - President Clark endorses Shaheen for President

CHARLESTON, SC - President Wesley Clark formally backed Vice President Jeanne Shaheen for the 2012 Democratic Presidential Nomination during an event in Charleston, South Carolina. "Jeanne Shaheen has the experience and the progressive values we need to lead America forward united as one nation. I know who she is, I know what's she's done, and I know she's ready to lead America," Clark stated.

December 5, 2011 - Rudy Giuliani endorses Peter King for President

DOVER, NH - Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani endorsed New York Congressman Peter King for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination during a King for President town hall meeting. "Pete King understands the world we live in and understands that leadership is about making tough decisions regardless of polling or other political considerations," Giuliani stated.

January 3, 2012 - Hutchison, Shaheen win Iowa Caucuses

IOWA CITY, IA - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison narrowly won Iowa's GOP presidential caucuses in what came down to a four-way race. Hutchison defeated Former Missouri Governor Matt Blunt 23%-21%, with Former Vice President Dan Quayle in third with 18% and Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman in fourth with 17%. Exit polling found that while conservatives are relatively divided, moderates strongly favor Hutchison and Huntsman to other candidates. While social conservatives voted for Blunt and Quayle, fiscal and foreign policy conservatives backed Hutchison and Huntsman. Hutchison also won the overwhelming support of female voters, while she also enjoyed strong support from those with college degrees. On the Democratic side, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen won the Iowa caucuses, defeating opponent Evan Bayh 67%-32%. Exit polling found Shaheen won broad support across-the-board. 

January 5, 2012 - Poll: Huntsman, Hutchison surge in New Hampshire, Shaheen enjoys strong lead

MANCHESTER, NH - A WSJ/NBC poll finds that Republicans Kay Bailey Hutchison and Jon Huntsman are clear favorites to win New Hampshire's GOP presidential primary. Hutchison enjoys support from 27% of likely Republican primary voters, followed by Huntsman at 25%. Matt Blunt polls third with support from 12% of likely GOP primary voters. On the Democratic side, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen leads U.S. Senator Evan Bayh 71%-15% in New Hampshire, her home state.

BushKerry04

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2018, 09:21:47 PM »

January 10, 2012 - Huntsman, Shaheen win New Hampshire primary

MANCHESTER, NH - Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman won a decisive victory in New Hampshire's GOP presidential primary, defeating opponent U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison 40%-23%, with Former Governor of Missouri Matt Blunt garnering 15% of the vote ahead of Former Vice President Dan Quayle who placed fourth with 14%. Exit polling found Huntsman won broad support, but was especially strong with independents, those with a college degree, suburban voters, and younger voters. On the Democratic side, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen won 77% of the vote in her home state's Democratic primary.

January 12, 2012 - Following 5th place finish in New Hampshire, Peter King withdrawals from presidential race

WASHINGTON, DC - Congressman Peter King of New York, the 2008 Republican Vice Presidential Nominee, withdrew from the race for President following a disappointing fifth place finish in New Hampshire's GOP presidential primary. King announced on Fox News that he intends to seek re-election to Congress.

January 21, 2012 -South Carolina, Nevada vote - Blunt, Huntsman, Shaheen secure wins; Mel Martinez exits presidential race, backs Jon Huntsman for President

COLUMBIA, SC - Former Governor of Missouri Matt Blunt won South Carolina's GOP presidential primary, defeating opponents Jon Huntsman and Kay Bailey Hutchison 27%-25%-23% respectively. Exit polling found the state's social and religious conservatives overwhelmingly supported Blunt, who was also helped by strong support in rural communities and amongst those without a college degree. The state's conservative voters were divided between the three leading candidates, as moderates, independents, and suburban voters preferred Huntsman and female voters broke heavily for Hutchison. On the Democratic side, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen defeated opponent Evan Bayh 65%-34% in South Carolina, winning support across-the-board. In Nevada, Huntsman defeated opponents Kay Bailey Hutchison and Dan Quayle 33%-25%-24%, as Blunt placed fourth with just 15% as Democrat Jeanne Shaheen defeated Evan Bayh 68%-32%. Mel Martinez exited the presidential race and backed Jon Huntsman for President.

January 25, 2012 - Bush, Rubio back Huntsman for President

ORLANDO, FL - Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush and U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida endorsed Jon Huntsman for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. "Jon Huntsman is the only candidate running for President right now with real plans to help unite our country behind an agenda of growth, security, and better schools," Bush stated. For his part, Rubio praised Huntsman's foreign policy experience and commitment to tax reform.
BushKerry04

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »

January 31, 2012 - Huntsman, Shaheen win Florida GOP primary; Quayle exits presidential race

SARASOTA, FL - Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman won Florida's GOP presidential primary, defeating opponent Kay Bailey Hutchison 35%-31%, with Former Governor of Missouri Matt Blunt finishing in a distant third with 15% of the vote. Exit polling found suburban voters, those with college degrees, independents, and moderates were key to Huntsman's victory, as conservatives were divided between Huntsman and Hutchison. Hutchison's support came primarily from female and rural voters. Also impressive for Huntsman was that he won 51% of the Hispanic vote and 45% of the Jewish vote, two key demographic groups in South Florida. On the Democratic side, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen won 71% of the vote over opponent Evan Bayh.

February 1, 2012 - Evan Bayh withdrawals from presidential race and endorses Shaheen, Jeanne Shaheen secures Democratic Presidential Nomination

"Our campaign has always been about building a stronger Democratic party and a stronger nation by embracing our progressive values while also listening to others who have different ideas. I am confident that Vice President Shaheen has the leadership capacity to do just that, so today I am announcing that I am ending my campaign for President. I will do everything I can to ensure Jeanne Shaheen is elected this fall because our party and our country need forward looking leadership to help strengthen the middle class, our health care system, our schools, and our military" - Evan Bayh, Former Democratic Presidential Hopeful

"Tonight, I have the honor of saying something no woman in our country's history has ever said, but I'm confident that in this great land more will say in the future. I am your nominee for President of the United States. Tonight would not be possible without the people of New Hampshire and this country, my dedicated staff and campaign team, my loving and supportive family, and this President of the United States who put his faith in me. Tonight, I offer myself to the American people as an experienced leader who knows how to get things done. As an educator, businesswoman, legislator, and Vice President, I've never forgotten where I came from, who helped me get to where I am, or where I want to go. In this campaign, I'll present our vision for the future to the American people. I'll defend this administration's record of progress and talk about how we can improve the quality of every school, take on the drug epidemic, help local law enforcement reduce crime, defend this country, and budget in a way that allows us to invest in our future without increasing taxes on working families. Our campaign won't be about the Washington insiders, it'll be about what is best for every American" - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen, Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee

February 4, 2012 - Keyes wins upset victory in Maine Caucuses

BANGOR, ME - Former UN Ambassador Alan Keyes stunned the political establishment by winning Maine's GOP presidential caucuses. Keyes won 33% of the vote, followed by opponents Jon Huntsman, Kay Bailey Hutchison, and Matt Blunt who won 32%-20%-14% respectively. Exit polling found Keyes won strong support from rural voters, social conservatives, and those without a college degree.

February 7, 2012 - Huntsman wins Colorado, Keyes wins Minnesota, Blunt wins Missouri

Colorado - Huntsman 45% Hutchison 25% Blunt 18% Keyes 12% 
Minnesota - Keyes 31% Huntsman 30% Hutchison 20% Blunt 18%
Missouri - Blunt 52% Huntsman 30% Hutchison 12% Keyes 5%

February 10, 2012 - BREAKING: Kay Bailey Hutchison withdrawals from presidential race, endorses Jon Huntsman

HOUSTON, TX - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison withdrew from the race for President and endorsed fellow candidate Jon Huntsman. "As one door closes, another opens. We have to help ensure Jon Huntsman wins this fall so Republicans in Congress can do what the American people elected us to do," Hutchison told supporters.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2018, 11:40:53 PM »

Go Huntsman!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2018, 10:38:10 AM »

Keyes wins the nomination, and he's too extreme for the nation at-large, and Shaheen wins big, but then loses to a better-organized Republican Party four years later. That's my prediction.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2018, 02:21:57 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2018, 03:27:50 PM by America's Sweetheart ❤ »

November 4, 2008 - President Clark wins re-election, GOP maintains congressional majority
I know I'm late, but why didn't Clark win West Virginia? I would think if he's winning Arkansas, Indiana, Georgia he would also be winning West Virginia - and probably quite comfortably.
MycroftCZ

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2018, 06:15:15 PM »

Huntsman vs. Shaheen would be really good for America... both common sense politicians
Independents against George Santos
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 12:34:32 AM »

Huntsman 2012!
BushKerry04

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2018, 02:31:05 PM »

I appreciate all of the interesting feedback here, thank you all!

I know I'm late, but why didn't Clark win West Virginia? I would think if he's winning Arkansas, Indiana, Georgia he would also be winning West Virginia - and probably quite comfortably.

Great question. Remember, Barack Obama won Indiana in 2008 and while he lost Georgia and West Virginia, the margin was what mattered. McCain got 55% in West Virginia versus 52% in Georgia. Clark is from Arkansas and is a popular President in this timeline.

February 15, 2012 - Ahead of Super Tuesday, GOP candidates debate

"When I talk about moving to a 12.5% flat income tax and a 25% flat corporate tax, teaming up with partners in the private sector to expand access to vocational job training and a higher education without new student debt, working to reform our immigration system to embrace those who want to come here to contribute to our economy, supporting trade that is open, free, and fair, and reforming health care to encourage low-cost insurance for those struggling to make ends meet while also working to see more investments in research and development to find cures to diseases, I do so out of a conviction that Americans want their elected officials to do the right thing. I have a lifetime of experience in the private sector, non-profit sector, foreign policy, and as a Governor that enables me to have a unique perspective on the issues facing this nation, and I want to serve America once again to ensure we defend our interests and compete in a global economy while maintaining a high standard of living here at home" - Jon Huntsman

"Governor Huntsman and I do have a difference on one of the key issues facing our country, and that is the issue of illegal immigration. Governor Huntsman joined other establishment politicians in writing a letter to Congress urging them to pass an immigration bill that would have given citizenship, amnesty, to people in our country illegally. Governor Huntsman vetoed legislation that would have ended in-state tuition for the children of illegal aliens in his home state of Utah. I have a very different record, I was one of the few Governors who actually enforced immigration laws on the books and urged Congress not to pass an amnesty bill. I've been very clear on this issue, I'll secure the border and build a fence, stop funding entities receiving federal taxpayer dollars that give financial benefits to those here illegally, and I will deport the millions of illegal aliens here who have committed secondary crimes or take our welfare benefits. I support legal immigration, but we have to stop illegal immigration" - Matt Blunt

"The back and forth we've been hearing by the other candidates has some entertainment value, but the fact is neither one of them is addressing the moral crisis that we have in America today. We have a culture that is being corrupted by a combination of negative secular influences and interests. If elected President, I will immediately fight to pass a human life amendment to the constitution, a federal law defining marriage as between one man and one woman, and I will role back the leftist social engineering this administration has done over the course of these eight years. The last time I ran for President, I said Republicans have to choose between the money and the morals. We choose the morals and we lost the popular vote and then the presidency. This time, I ask you to please choose the morals because we have a moral crisis in this country and I'm the only one who is talking about it" - Alan Keyes

"Governor Blunt is right that we do have differences on a few issues. For one thing, on the immigration issue, Governor Blunt is sending a message to the world that we want to isolate ourselves. I've always said that we should increase border patrol agents at the southern border to ensure greater security, but I'm not going to deport 12 million people. I support a pathway to legal status and a temporary worker program. But what I have also said is more legal immigration should be based on who can contribute to our economy. We are a generous country and I want to keep it that way while also maintaining our security. We also have a difference on Afghanistan. I supported going into Afghanistan, but I also agree with this administration that we need to bring our troops home slowly but surely. Governor Blunt believes that we should remain in Afghanistan indefinitely, I think instead of worrying so much about Afghanistan, we should defend America and rebuild our own roads" - Jon Huntsman

"Governor Huntsman agrees with this administration on Afghanistan, agrees with this administration on immigration, agrees with this administration on medicaid, and agrees with this administration on social security. Folks, we deserve a choice in this election, nominating a candidate who agrees with Vice President Shaheen on key issues doesn't give Americans a real choice in November. I'm ready to go toe to toe with the Vice President on the important issues of the day. I'm against amnesty for those here illegally, she supports amnesty. I opposed medicaid expansion and preferred a free market alternative, the Vice President fought for medicaid expansion. I'm pro-life and for traditional marriage, the Vice President holds a different view. The list goes on and on. As Republicans, we can't afford to nominate someone who won't be able to show a stark contrast with the Democrats on very important issues" - Matt Blunt

"Neither one of my opponents can inspire the base of the Republican Party to go to the polls next fall. You have the Governor of Utah who does support amnesty and benefits for those here illegally and is even willing to compromise on same-sex marriage by supporting civil unions. You then have the Former Governor of Missouri who supports the same tax plan as the Washington establishment and who supports the same foreign policy as the Washington establishment. I will run on a platform that stands up for the right to life, traditional marriage, parental choice, religious liberty, secure borders, and an end to the oppressive progressive income tax. All of this talk of who said what when really doesn't matter, what matters is what we will do and while my opponents are unwilling to address the moral crisis in this country, I am going to confront it head on and stand with the American people" - Alan Keyes

February 20, 2012 - President Clark praises Shaheen, Huntsman while criticizing Blunt during CNN interview; Blunt criticizes Huntsman for Clark praise

WASHINGTON, DC - Ahead of Super Tuesday, President Wesley Clark voiced support for his Vice President, Jeanne Shaheen, in her bid to succeed him. "I've campaigned for the Vice President as you know, she has the right kind of experience to lead the country and continue the work we started eight years ago. I have no doubt that she's her own person and will make her own decisions, but she also realizes all the good she has done, working with me and others," the President stated. More surprising was the President's praise for GOP presidential front-runner Jon Huntsman. "Obviously, I'm supporting the Vice President and have my share of differences with Governor Huntsman, but he is a good and decent man who has a lot of political courage. He's standing up to elements within his own party on same-sex marriage, climate change, and immigration. I have to admire his courage," the President said of Huntsman. The President was critical of Huntsman's GOP opponent, Former Missouri Governor Matt Blunt. "I have a great working relationship with Speaker Blunt and worked well with Governor Blunt when he was Governor of Missouri, but his rhetoric on immigration and some of the social issues is quite offensive," the President stated. In response to Clark's interview, the Blunt campaign released a statement criticizing Jon Huntsman for winning Clark's praise. "It's clear that President Clark understands that Governor Huntsman would continue many of his administration's progressive policies and therefore wants Governor Huntsman to be the Republican nominee for President. Republican primary voters should reject the Clark/Huntsman and send real Republicans to Washington D.C.," the statement read.
BushKerry04

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2018, 09:19:36 PM »

March 6, 2012 - Super Tuesday: Huntsman dominates, secures 10 wins as Blunt wins 2 states, Keyes wins Alaska

Arizona - Huntsman 38% Blunt 35% Keyes 26%
Michigan - Huntsman 50% Blunt 42% Keyes 7%
Alaska - Keyes 55% Huntsman 30% Blunt 14%
Georgia - Huntsman 40% Blunt 38% Keyes 21%
Idaho - Huntsman 71% Keyes 20% Blunt 8%
Massachusetts - Huntsman 50% Blunt 38% Keyes 11%
North Dakota - Huntsman 65% Blunt 20% Keyes 14%
Ohio - Huntsman 51% Blunt 40% Keyes 8%
Oklahoma - Blunt 40% Huntsman 39% Keyes 20%
Tennessee - Blunt 41% Huntsman 35% Keyes 23%
Vermont - Huntsman 50% Blunt 35% Keyes 14%
Virginia - Huntsman 47% Blunt 40% Keyes 12%
Wyoming - Huntsman 85% Keyes 10% Blunt 4%

Exit Polling

By ideology:
moderate - Huntsman 70% Blunt 21% Keyes 8%
conservative - Huntsman 57% Blunt 30% Keyes 12%

By political party:
Republican - Huntsman 58% Blunt 30% Keyes 11%
Independent - Huntsman 62% Blunt 30% Keyes 7%

By gender:
Male - Huntsman 55% Blunt 30% Keyes 14%
Female - Huntsman 62% Blunt 30% Keyes 7%

By ethnic background:
White - Huntsman 55% Blunt 30% Keyes 14%
Hispanic/Latino - Huntsman 67% Keyes 20% Blunt 11%
Black - Huntsman 49% Keyes 40% Blunt 10%
Asian - Huntsman 71% Blunt 25% Keyes 3%
Mixed - Huntsman 70% Blunt 20% Keyes 9%
Other - Huntsman 68% Blunt 22% Keyes 9%

By religion:
Christian (all) - Huntsman 55% Blunt 30% Keyes 14%
Baptist - Blunt 45% Huntsman 40% Keyes 14%
Catholic - Huntsman 51% Blunt 40% Keyes 8%
Evangelical - Blunt 39% Keyes 30% Huntsman 30%
Mormon - Huntsman 98% Blunt 1% Keyes 0.2%
Jewish - Huntsman 80% Blunt 18% Keyes 1%
Muslim - Huntsman 97% Blunt 1% Keyes 1%
Atheist - Huntsman 95% Blunt 3% Keyes 1%
Other - Huntsman 92% Blunt 5% Keyes 2%

By age:
18-34 - Huntsman 61% Blunt 30% Keyes 8%
35-55 - Huntsman 60% Blunt 30% Keyes 9%
55-65 - Huntsman 57% Blunt 32% Keyes 10%
65 and over - Huntsman 52% Blunt 32% Keyes 15%

By geography:
Rural - Huntsman 40% Blunt 39% Keyes 20%
Suburban - Huntsman 61% Blunt 30% Keyes 8%
Urban - Huntsman 65% Blunt 30% Keyes 4%

By income:
$0-$35,000 - Blunt 49% Keyes 25% Huntsman 25%
$35,000 - $50,000 - Blunt 42% Huntsman 30% Keyes 27%
$50,000 - $65,000 - Huntsman 60% Blunt 30% Keyes 9%
$65,000 - $100,000 - Huntsman 65% Blunt 30% Keyes 4%
$100,000 - $1 million - Huntsman 67% Blunt 30% Keyes 2%
$1 million + - Huntsman 68% Blunt 30% Keyes 1%

By education:
High school diploma - Blunt 38% Huntsman 30% Keyes 21%
College degree - Huntsman 60% Blunt 32% Keyes 7%
Advanced degree - Huntsman 67% Blunt 25% Keyes 7%

By most important issue:
Economy/jobs - Huntsman 62% Blunt 35% Keyes 2%
national debt - Huntsman 60% Blunt 38% Keyes 1%
foreign policy - Huntsman 58% Blunt 32% Keyes 9%
immigration - Blunt 77% Huntsman 20% Keyes 2%
social issues - Keyes 70% Blunt 18% Huntsman 11%
education - Blunt 47% Huntsman 30% Keyes 22%
electability - Huntsman 57% Blunt 40% Keyes 2%

Which candidate has the best chance of winning in the fall?
Jon Huntsman 60%
Matt Blunt 32%
Alan Keyes 7%

Which candidate do you believe is the best qualified to serve as President?
Jon Huntsman 67%
Alan Keyes 23%
Matt Blunt 9%

Which candidate do you believe shares your values most?
Jon Huntsman 45%
Matt Blunt 45%
Alan Keyes 9%

Which candidate do you believe is the most honest?
Jon Huntsman 50%
Matt Blunt 30%
Alan Keyes 19%

Which candidate do you believe is the most conservative?
Matt Blunt 53%
Alan Keyes 23%
Jon Huntsman 23%

BushKerry04

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »

March 10, 2012 - BREAKING: Blunt ends presidential bid, will run for U.S. Senate; Former Governor backs Huntsman, Huntsman backs Blunt

ST. LOUIS, MO - Following a two-hour meeting in which both men discussed the future of the GOP and the nation, Former Governor of Missouri Matt Blunt announced he would end his bid for the GOP presidential nomination and would instead run for the U.S. Senate in the August Missouri GOP primary. Blunt endorsed Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman for President, and Huntsman backed Blunt for U.S. Senate. "We Republicans have to be successful in November in order for us to be able to pass legislation to improve our economy and secure our border. I have concluded in the past few days that for me, running for the United States Senate makes more sense than continuing to run for President when Governor Huntsman has all but secured the nomination. So today, I am ending my bid for President and will run for the United States Senate to give the people of Missouri a conservative voice in Washington D.C.," Blunt said. "Jon Huntsman and I have some minor differences, but we fundamentally agree on the issues facing the country and I look forward to helping him win and govern," the ex-Governor added. "Matt Blunt has served our country in uniform and has balanced budgets and cut taxes here in Missouri. I endorse his candidacy for the U.S. Senate because we need Washington outsiders to reform government," Huntsman stated.

March 10, 2012 - Huntsman sweeps

Guam - Huntsman 91% Keyes 8%
Kansas - Huntsman 70% Keyes 29%
U.S. Virgin Islands - Huntsman 67% Keyes 32%

March 13, 2012 - Alan Keyes wins Alabama, Mississippi; Huntsman wins Hawaii

MOBILE, AL - Former Ambassador Alan Keyes narrowly won GOP primaries in Alabama and Mississippi as Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman won Hawaii's GOP primary. Keyes defeated Huntsman 53%-46% in Alabama and 55%-44% in Mississippi as Huntsman defeated Keyes 68%-31% in Hawaii.

March 20, 2012 - BREAKING: With wins in Illinois, Puerto Rico, Jon Huntsman secures GOP Presidential Nomination; Keyes condedes defeat, declines to back Huntsman

"Tonight, we have made history. We have won the nomination of the Republican Party for President with more popular votes than ever recorded in a primary season. That is not only a testament to our campaign and all of you, it's a testament to the other candidates who sought this nomination, including Ambassador Alan Keyes. When I began this journey, I said that I believed campaigns should be about the future and big ideas. Since then, I've traveled across this country listening, learning, and coming up with solutions to confront the challenges we face while embracing those things that are working. Together, you and I have made an unapologetic defense of open markets, limited government that works for the people, and focusing more on defending our country and rebuilding America than policing the world. Across the nation, voters have responded to our message and tonight, we celebrate a great victory. But make no mistake about it, we have more work to do. I hope you'll join me in uniting our party and taking our message of economic growth and strength to the people of this country" - Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman, Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee

"As you probably heard by now, Governor Huntsman has won the Republican nomination for President, and we congratulate him on his victory tonight. Unfortunately, it appears we won't be able to win the presidency on the Republican ticket, so tonight I'm suspending my campaign. However, I will continue to press our leaders to stand up for what is morally just in this country. Our pro-life, pro-marriage, pro-parental control message has won the support of millions of Americans and we have successfully won contests in Alabama, Mississippi, Maine, Minnesota, and Alaska. Until the Republican Party embraces our message, they won't see long-term electoral success. However, you have helped me bring our socially conservative message to the forefront of today's political debate, and for that we can claim victory" - Alan Keyes, Former GOP Presidential Hopeful

March 25, 2012 - Survey: Shaheen, Huntsman tied in presidential race; Clark approval at 56%

WASHINGTON, DC - A CNN survey finds that President Wesley Clark enjoys a 56% approval rating, with 30% of Americans disapproving of the President's job performance. However, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen does not see a major benefit from Clark's positive numbers; she is tied in the race for President with Republican Jon Huntsman. Both Huntsman and Shaheen earn 42% nationally. Both candidates are also tied in Pennsylvania, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Shaheen leads Huntsman in Michigan (46%-44%), New Mexico (48%-44%), New Hampshire (56%-40%), and Nevada (46%-45%). Huntsman leads Shaheen in Colorado (47%-45%), Florida (46%-44%), North Carolina (47%-44%), Virginia (48%-43%), and Ohio (47%-44%).
BushKerry04

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2018, 02:37:47 PM »

April 2, 2012 - Huntsman names Romney to lead V.P. search committee, several names mentioned as potential running-mates

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, announced that Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney would lead his search for a running-mate. Media reports and pundits have floated U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, U.S. Senator George Allen of Virginia, U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal, Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley, Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush, Businesswoman Carly Fiorina, Congresswoman Kristi Noem of South Carolina, House Budget Chair Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, Former Congressman JC Watts of Oklahoma, and Former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge as possible running-mates for Huntsman.

May 1, 2012 - Huntsman gives speech outlining "reform vision" platform

CLEVELAND, OH - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman gave a speech outlining the issues his general election campaign would emphasize. Huntsman called the platform his "reform vision" for the future of the nation. Huntsman called for:

1. Tax reform - a 12.5% individual income tax rate above $40,000 and a 25% flat corporate tax rate. Huntsman also called for capping the mortgage deduction, limiting the SALT deduction to $20,000, and eliminating most corporate tax loopholes. However, Huntsman said he'd keep deductions for charity, health insurance, and education in place.
2. Entitlement reform - Huntsman praised President Clark's reforms to social security, but called for raising medicare premiums on those with assets exceeding $1 million and/or who earned greater than $150,000 upon retirement. Huntsman also said he'd give more power back to states over medicare and medicaid, but would also encourage states to find ways to find savings in both programs.
3. Deregulation - a reversal of Clark-era regulations not related to the environment and protections for women and minorities in the workplace.
4. Free trade - working with Congress to increase free trade and assess existing free trade agreements while finding any issues
5. Immigration reform - border security, a pathway to legalized status for most undocumented immigrants, a new temporary worker program, and encouraging legal immigration based on economic contributions instead of family unification
6. Education reform - Huntsman praised No Child Left Behind, but also called for public-private partnerships to encourage greater funding for vocational training, more scholarships for higher education, private sector apprenticeship programs, and more grants to universities for purposes of research and development into health and technology.
7. Withdrawing from Afghanistan - the candidate said the U.S. should begin to withdrawal U.S. forces from Afghanistan and praised the military for bringing greater stability to that country
8. Energy independence - Huntsman called for continuing tax credits supported by the Bush and Clark administrations to encourage U.S. companies and consumers to end dependence on foreign sources of energy.
9. A balanced budget - Huntsman said capping non-defense discretionary spending increases to 1% per year, reforms to entitlement programs, and savings from bringing U.S. troops home from Afghanistan would enable the federal government to balance the federal budget by 2016.
10. Investing in infrastructure - Huntsman said he supported efforts by President Clark and Republicans in Congress to invest in infrastructure. However, Huntsman said he also wants to update U.S. ports to encourage more trade.

May 20, 2012 - SOURCES: Shaheen to pick running-mate by end of June, five names surface as possible choices

MANCHESTER, NH - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen, the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, is said to be considering five individuals as potential running-mates, according to sources familiar with the situation. The Vice President is likely to make a decision sometime before July 4. Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Beebe, Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo, U.S. Senator Barack Obama of Illinois, Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen, and U.S. Senator Mark Warner of Virginia are said to be under consideration for the vice presidential nomination.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2018, 03:17:10 PM »

Huntsma\Murkowski or Huntsman\Ridge! Though, if he chooses a moderatel like these two, this election would really be a win-win.
TheBeardedOne
United States
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »

April 2, 2012 - Huntsman names Romney to lead V.P. search committee, several names mentioned as potential running-mates

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, announced that Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney would lead his search for a running-mate. Media reports and pundits have floated U.S. Senate Majority Leader Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, U.S. Senator George Allen of Virginia, U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal, Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley, Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush, Businesswoman Carly Fiorina, Congresswoman Kristi Noem of South Carolina, House Budget Chair Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, Former Congressman JC Watts of Oklahoma, and Former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge as possible running-mates for Huntsman.

May 1, 2012 - Huntsman gives speech outlining "reform vision" platform

CLEVELAND, OH - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman gave a speech outlining the issues his general election campaign would emphasize. Huntsman called the platform his "reform vision" for the future of the nation. Huntsman called for:

1. Tax reform - a 12.5% individual income tax rate above $40,000 and a 25% flat corporate tax rate. Huntsman also called for capping the mortgage deduction, limiting the SALT deduction to $20,000, and eliminating most corporate tax loopholes. However, Huntsman said he'd keep deductions for charity, health insurance, and education in place.
2. Entitlement reform - Huntsman praised President Clark's reforms to social security, but called for raising medicare premiums on those with assets exceeding $1 million and/or who earned greater than $150,000 upon retirement. Huntsman also said he'd give more power back to states over medicare and medicaid, but would also encourage states to find ways to find savings in both programs.
3. Deregulation - a reversal of Clark-era regulations not related to the environment and protections for women and minorities in the workplace.
4. Free trade - working with Congress to increase free trade and assess existing free trade agreements while finding any issues
5. Immigration reform - border security, a pathway to legalized status for most undocumented immigrants, a new temporary worker program, and encouraging legal immigration based on economic contributions instead of family unification
6. Education reform - Huntsman praised No Child Left Behind, but also called for public-private partnerships to encourage greater funding for vocational training, more scholarships for higher education, private sector apprenticeship programs, and more grants to universities for purposes of research and development into health and technology.
7. Withdrawing from Afghanistan - the candidate said the U.S. should begin to withdrawal U.S. forces from Afghanistan and praised the military for bringing greater stability to that country
8. Energy independence - Huntsman called for continuing tax credits supported by the Bush and Clark administrations to encourage U.S. companies and consumers to end dependence on foreign sources of energy.
9. A balanced budget - Huntsman said capping non-defense discretionary spending increases to 1% per year, reforms to entitlement programs, and savings from bringing U.S. troops home from Afghanistan would enable the federal government to balance the federal budget by 2016.
10. Investing in infrastructure - Huntsman said he supported efforts by President Clark and Republicans in Congress to invest in infrastructure. However, Huntsman said he also wants to update U.S. ports to encourage more trade.

May 20, 2012 - SOURCES: Shaheen to pick running-mate by end of June, five names surface as possible choices

MANCHESTER, NH - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen, the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, is said to be considering five individuals as potential running-mates, according to sources familiar with the situation. The Vice President is likely to make a decision sometime before July 4. Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Beebe, Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo, U.S. Senator Barack Obama of Illinois, Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen, and U.S. Senator Mark Warner of Virginia are said to be under consideration for the vice presidential nomination.

Shaheen/Obama wins 450+ EV
It also sets up a possible Obama 2016 run which I hope BushKerry04 does!
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »

SHAHEEN/OBAMA 2012!!!!!!
BushKerry04

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2018, 10:53:44 PM »

Thank you all for the feedback! Here ya go......

June 27, 2012 - Shaheen taps Obama as running-mate

CHICAGO, IL - At a campaign rally in Chicago, Illinois, Vice President Jeanne Shaheen announced that U.S. Senator Barack Obama of Illinois would be her running-mate in the 2012 presidential race. "For the last seven years, Barack Obama has stood with President Clark and I on issues that matter for our country's future. Senator Obama worked with the President, myself, and a bipartisan coalition in Congress to pass sweeping social security reform and tax credits to end our dependence on foreign sources of energy. Senator Obama knows how to get things done, and that's why I asked him to run with me," Shaheen stated. "Jeanne Shaheen understands that we have to not only continue the progress of the current administration, but we have to do even more to lift up our families and those who struggle to make ends meet. I'm honored to join this ticket," Obama said.

July 25, 2012 - Huntsman taps McMorris Rodgers for Vice President

CLEVELAND, OH - Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman selected Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers as his running-mate in the 2012 presidential election. "Cathy McMorris Rodgers shares our vision of defending the homeland and ensuring our economy sees long-term growth so we can compete in a global economy. She has been instrumental in passing tax cuts for working families and working with both political parties to invest in our infrastructure. I trust her to help me make decisions and lead the country forward," Huntsman said. "Jon Huntsman has the experience and the program to help turn the page of past failures so we can move forward as one united people with a renewed sense of purpose," McMorris Rodgers said.

August 7, 2012 - Senator Barack Obama of Illinois accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination

"Eight years ago, the President of the United States accepted the nomination of our party at a convention like this but in a very different era. America was at war, economic growth was stagnant, Americans were losing their health insurance, environmental protections were being gutted, and a woman's right to choose was under assault by radically right-wing judges. Eight years later, we are a country that is winding down our conflict in Afghanistan, our economy has returned to growth, our families are getting ahead, our planet is cleaner, and our values are no longer under assault. But make no mistake about if, the Republicans in Congress want to turn the clock back eight years. Republicans in Congress have proposed giving tax breaks to the very wealthy, privatizing social security, tearing families apart with deportations, allowing corporate polluters to once again pollute, ending legal protections for same-sex couples, and appointing far-right judges who will take away a woman's right to choose. The one thing standing in the way of the Republicans in Congress and their dreams of defining who we are as a nation has been the President of the United States. In this election, America has a choice. If you believe that we should turn the clock back eight years, our opponents would love to have your vote. But if you believe we are headed in the right direction and that we should continue to invest in our people, Jeanne Shaheen and I ask for your vote" - Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee

August 8, 2012 - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination

"As an educator, businesswoman, Governor, and Vice President, I'm used to breaking down barriers and working hard for those I serve. Be it our children, my customers, the people of New Hampshire, or the American people, I've always set goals and worked hard to achieve those goals. So, here are my goals for America. I believe in a America where everyone who wants to go to college can do so if they work hard and play by the rules. I believe in a America where our campaign finance system is such that people know who donates to their representatives and PACS committed to those officials and special interests are irrelevant. I believe in a America where everyone earns a decent wage, and where the federal minimum wage is indexed to the rate of inflation. I believe in a America where the promise of stem cell research is real with the support of the federal government. I believe in a America where our immigration system is generous, our border is secure, and those who want to earn a pathway to citizenship are given the opportunity to do so. And I believe in a America where men and women are paid the same for doing the same work. Throughout my entire life in education, the private sector, and in government, I've done exactly what I've said I'm going to do, and I have no intention of stopping now. Together, we've moved our country in the right direction for eight years, and I'm ready to lead for four more" - Vice President Jeanne Shaheen, Democratic Presidential Nominee
BushKerry04

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »

August 24, 2012 - Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers accepts Republican Vice Presidential Nomination

"Our opponents are traveling across the country trying to re-litigate decisions made by Presidents and members of Congress in both political parties. Yes, candidates should come clean about their records and we should discuss past decisions right and wrong to learn moving forward. But make no mistake about it, this election is not about the past, it's about the future. Jon Huntsman and I are fighting to make sure we defend the homeland and have an economy that enables us to maintain a high standard of living while competing in a new, global economy. At their convention in Philadelphia, Vice President Shaheen and Senator Obama fully embraced the status-quo. I stand here before you tonight to tell you that America can, must, and will always reach for the stars. As Americans, it is against our nature to be complacent. Jon Huntsman and I have put forth our vision of reform to ensure that we do the things necessary to ensure greater security and prosperity. Enhanced border security, investments in human intelligence gathering, a flat tax code with lower rates, greater access to job training and education at a lower cost to taxpayers, trade that is free and fair, energy independence, an immigration system that embraces legal immigration as a driver of economic growth, better infrastructure, and a balanced budget will help us get there" - Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), Republican Vice Presidential Nominee  

August 25, 2012 - Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman accepts Republican Presidential Nomination

"Tonight, I accept your nomination proud of this historic moment, optimistic about our future as a nation, and ready to serve the people of this country. Tonight, I want to share with you more about who I am, what I stand for, and how I see the future of our Republican Party and America. I'm a proud husband, father, son, brother, and nephew. I've had the opportunity to work in the private sector, help non-profits, lead Utah as Governor, and serve as a diplomat. I am a proud member of my church and a common sense conservative who believes in open markets, fiscal responsibility, the constitution, and compassion for those who are less fortunate. I'm an America who loves his country and all for which she stands for, and that's what brings me here tonight. Far too often in recent years, Americans have turned on their televisions only to hear partisan bickering and division. There was a time not too long ago when members of both parties debated differences with respect, but came together in good times and bad. Unfortunately, our politics has become too divisive. Right now, right here, I make the following promise to you. I will remain a loyal Republican and will advance our conservative values, but I will always put our country before any other consideration when I make decisions. I believe Americans are ready for leaders who have core principles, but who also know that governing is about solving problems and not advancing petty personal or political agendas. I seek to be President because I want to solve problems and move this country forward so we can defend our homeland, compete in a global economy, and ensure that we sustain the high standard of living we are all used to. I believe my experience and the platform I put forth during the course of this campaign will help get us there" - Governor Jon Huntsman (R-UT), Republican Presidential Nominee

September 15, 2012 - Survey: Virtual tie in the race for President nationally, in swing states

WASHINGTON, DC - A CNN/WSJ survey finds that Republican Presidential Nominee Jon Huntsman leads Democratic Presidential Nominee Jeanne Shaheen by 2%, well within the poll's margin of errror. Nationally, Huntsman leads Shaheen 46%-44%. Huntsman also leads Shaheen in Florida (48%-43%), Colorado (47%-44%), Virginia (49%-41%), North Carolina (50%-38%), Ohio (47%-45%), and Nevada (46%-45%). Shaheen leads Huntsman in Wisconsin (48%-41%), Michigan (47%-42%), New Hampshire (53%-38%), Iowa (45%-44%), and New Mexico (47%-44%). The two candidates are tied in Pennsylvania and Iowa.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies