Bill Gates 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:04:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bill Gates 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Gates 2020  (Read 584 times)
SKY
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:49:00 AM »

An idea that I continue to like..... Gates is the father of modern personal computing, through his plhinatropic efforts has saved more lives than died in WW2. He also is a true thought leader on robotics, AI, and singularity. He has the temperant we need to set the framework for tomorrow, coupled with his temperament to do the job properly. His name recognition and personal fortune makes him unique in truly not needing the federal parties at all. Thoughts?
History505
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 10:14:56 AM »

I believe Gates was considered as a Clinton running mate, but no.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 10:27:57 AM »

To be effective in Washington you need to understand the inner workings of Washington. As much as people like the idea of a "Washington outsider" as president, it remains a terrible idea. As much as I LOVE Barack Obama, he wasn't an effective Washington politician. Partly because he was too inexperienced, but probably mostly because he didn't have the stomach for it. Imagine how great a president he could have been with the Washington skills of a LBJ. This is one of the main reasons why I always supported Hillary Clinton in both 2008 and 2016. I believe she did have the skills, insight and stomach to be a highly effective president.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 11:10:00 AM »

No. We don't need to run another celebrity billionaire against Trump.
Joey1996

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »

Billionaires shouldn't be allowed to run for dog catcher
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »

Better than Zuckerburg, but yeah we shouldn't have billionaires running as Democrats
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 08:10:25 PM »

Right, because if there's any lesson the Democratic Party should have learned from 2016, it's that all the Democratic base ever wanted was an elitist technocrat billionaire as their nominee...

I'm not knocking Bill Gates' philanthropic efforts, just saying that if Democrats want to win back their former base of blue collar workers, he's not the way to go. So let's hope they do nominate him. Smiley
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 12:16:14 AM »

No
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:12 PM »

To be effective in Washington you need to understand the inner workings of Washington. As much as people like the idea of a "Washington outsider" as president, it remains a terrible idea. As much as I LOVE Barack Obama, he wasn't an effective Washington politician. Partly because he was too inexperienced, but probably mostly because he didn't have the stomach for it. Imagine how great a president he could have been with the Washington skills of a LBJ. This is one of the main reasons why I always supported Hillary Clinton in both 2008 and 2016. I believe she did have the skills, insight and stomach to be a highly effective president.
Gates has lived in "Washington" the majority of his adult life and has been extremely "effective" at his job.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 12:32:29 AM »

Yes, clearly the problem with an ostensibly left-wing party nominating a modern-day robber baron for President is not that it would go against everything the party stands for (or at least should stand for), but because this capitalist in particular is not adept enough at technocracy.
The democrats are anti-capitalist??? How does Bill Gates go against everything the party stands for? The guy is a philantrope.
WestVegeta
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -2.43

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 09:27:11 AM »

The democrats are anti-capitalist??? How does Bill Gates go against everything the party stands for? The guy is a philantrope.

I think you mean a "full-on-rapist"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies