Did John McCain Vote for Hillary Clinton?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:54:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did John McCain Vote for Hillary Clinton?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Did He?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 86

Author Topic: Did John McCain Vote for Hillary Clinton?  (Read 4878 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 06:06:22 PM »

I doubt that a majority of GOP Senators actually voted for Trump.

Even if I agreed with this, this is certainly not the same as actually voting for Clinton.

No, but it is also very telling.

And Trump isn't a Republican.  And all you morons going along with him have literally killed the GOP.  In 50 years time, the party will be but a speck on the pages of history thanks to this president.

Same sh**t people said after 1932...and 1948...1964...and 1976...and 2006...and 2008...and 2012. Sorry, but your fantasy of a one-party permanent Democratic rule is a load of crap.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 08:52:14 AM »

The more interesting question, IMO, is why Sasse, Graham, Kirk, Flake, et al didn't endorse McMullin or campaign for him, even if only online (IIRC Graham voted for him, but announced it on election day).
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2018, 10:41:39 AM by PoliticalShelter »

I think it's probably likely that he did.

Also likely is the entire Bush family voting for Hillary.

Reagan would've voted for Hillary too.

Why would Reagan have voted for Clinton? Trump was everything that reagan wanted to turn the GOP into.

No not really. Trump is too busy trying enriching himself and not ideologically committed enough towards the "Conservative Movement". In fact Trump hasn't really done a good job of actually trying to push legislation mostly displaying disinterest towards actual policy.

Ted Cruz is more what Reagan would of wanted the GOP to be like. Although you are correct that Reagan wouldn't of supported Clinton, that's pretty dumb.
Nichlemn

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 06:08:21 PM »

I wonder how many times in total McCain has not voted for the GOP nominee. Some people here are suggesting he voted for Kerry in 2004, but what about 2000? I can't imagine him voting for Bush after the nastiness of the 2000 primary.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »

I wonder how many times in total McCain has not voted for the GOP nominee. Some people here are suggesting he voted for Kerry in 2004, but what about 2000? I can't imagine him voting for Bush after the nastiness of the 2000 primary.

My instinct would be to assume that most politicians are actually telling the truth with respect to who they voted for.  It's not like a single vote is likely to swing the entire election, and simply voting for the person you publicly said you'd vote for means that you don't have to keep track of which lies you've told.
Nichlemn

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 07:06:12 PM »

My instinct would be to assume that most politicians are actually telling the truth with respect to who they voted for.  It's not like a single vote is likely to swing the entire election, and simply voting for the person you publicly said you'd vote for means that you don't have to keep track of which lies you've told.

I could definitely imagine politicians lying about votes in the relatively distant past. For instance, McCain might not have voted Bush in 2000, but it would have hurt him to say otherwise in the 2008 primary.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies