Did John McCain Vote for Hillary Clinton? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:23:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did John McCain Vote for Hillary Clinton? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did He?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 86

Author Topic: Did John McCain Vote for Hillary Clinton?  (Read 4884 times)
Nichlemn

« on: April 18, 2018, 06:08:21 PM »

I wonder how many times in total McCain has not voted for the GOP nominee. Some people here are suggesting he voted for Kerry in 2004, but what about 2000? I can't imagine him voting for Bush after the nastiness of the 2000 primary.
Nichlemn

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 07:06:12 PM »

I wonder how many times in total McCain has not voted for the GOP nominee. Some people here are suggesting he voted for Kerry in 2004, but what about 2000? I can't imagine him voting for Bush after the nastiness of the 2000 primary.

My instinct would be to assume that most politicians are actually telling the truth with respect to who they voted for.  It's not like a single vote is likely to swing the entire election, and simply voting for the person you publicly said you'd vote for means that you don't have to keep track of which lies you've told.

I could definitely imagine politicians lying about votes in the relatively distant past. For instance, McCain might not have voted Bush in 2000, but it would have hurt him to say otherwise in the 2008 primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies